Detroit Pistons at New York Knicks Game Thread 1/13

Which recent event was the most embarrassing?

• Zach Randolph being benched and having words with Isiah

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Stephon Marbury calling out Isiah and criticizing his strategy

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Isiah Thomas going public with his 3 favorite Knicks

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Jamal Crawford being one of Isiahs favorite Knicks

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Mabury can definitely lead a team, and if you want proof, go look at Game one of the Phoenix Suns and Spurs where Marbury hit a game winning 3 pointer.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Mabury can definitely lead a team, and if you want proof, go look at Game one of the Phoenix Suns and Spurs where Marbury hit a game winning 3 pointer.
What does that have to do with leading a team? Hopefully you have more than just one game as an example. Leading a team over the course of a season would get my attention.

metrocard

Legend
What does that have to do with leading a team? Hopefully you have more than just one game as an example. Leading a team over the course of a season would get my attention.

http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4071

Stephon Marbury was the only NBA player to rank among League’s Top 20 in scoring (15th with 20.2 ppg), assists (8.9 apg, second to Jason Kidd's 9.2), steals (15th with 1.59 spg) and assist-to-turnover ratio (tied for 11th with 2.89). Steph led the NBA in total assists (719)

And we made the playoffs, so stfu.

nyk_nyk

All Star
http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4071

Stephon Marbury was the only NBA player to rank among League’s Top 20 in scoring (15th with 20.2 ppg), assists (8.9 apg, second to Jason Kidd's 9.2), steals (15th with 1.59 spg) and assist-to-turnover ratio (tied for 11th with 2.89). Steph led the NBA in total assists (719)

And we made the playoffs, so stfu.
Yeah well if he's such a good leader then why does his ass keep getting traded? People like you have no idea what a successful PG is. All you do is look at numbers and don't see how a person gets them. There is a reason why Steph has seen little success in this league... he isn't a good floor leader.

You can post your numbers up from one season but there are many others that resulted in failure for him. I'm not saying he's not good, but he aint gonna lead your team to the championship. Too many teams have already figured that out. Sorry for snatching his balls out your mouth.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Yeah well if he's such a good leader then why does his ass keep getting traded? People like you have no idea what a successful PG is. All you do is look at numbers and don't see how a person gets them. There is a reason why Steph has seen little success in this league... he isn't a good floor leader.

You can post your numbers up from one season but there are many others that resulted in failure for him. I'm not saying he's not good, but he aint gonna lead your team to the championship. Too many teams have already figured that out. Sorry for snatching his balls out your mouth.
I agree with you. You have a good point.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
According to Marbury, he didn't get paid a lot of money to be a pass first point guard. That statement tells me that he is not comfortable in this system and he's basically saying that he plays best when he doesn't have to worry about helping others score.

We all saw it in NJ when he criticized Van Horn for relying on him and not being able to create his own shots. Sure Marbury can average 8 dimes a game, but don't expect it to be consistent throughout an entire season. He will go stretches where he doesn't even look for his teamates.

What made Marbury a star in HS and college was his ability to score on anyone. He basically got this far by being an explosive PG. I like Marbs, but this team needs a floor leader since these group of players don't have the ability to properly coach themselves on the court.

You gotta give his passing more credit then that, how many players average 8 assists or more?

Has he ever been? Sorry, I probably missed that.
Im not tryin to say Isiahs opinion means anything but read the blow it the F*ck up trade fan before you start talkin foolish.

Metro already answered that question, learn how to read dumbass

You didn't watch the Knicks in 03-04?

At least he has balls faggot you a bitch. Marbury hasnt had the chance to be successful, he been playin for Thomas since 03. Every player on this team would be an asset to other teams but when you got all these guys on the same team we all know what the deal is, they suck.

How many players can lead a team to a championship? You need a team to win a championship, Lebron couldnt lead the Cavs and Kobe cant lead the lakers. You put Marbury with better defenders and scorers then we'll see what happens, I have no proof Marbury is a good leader but you got no solid proof that he isnt, theres a counter arguement for everything. I suggest you read the Blow it the F*ck up thread. Me and Metro held it the Fuck down and dropped nothin but knowledge so stupid ass fans like you, Pat, and all the others hatin on Marbury can become smarter. Read that shit and learn sumthin.

metrocard

Legend

Kidd got traded a lot too. I guess he isn't a successful PG too. What does being traded have to do with anything? You obviously have no understanding of business; Sam Cassel was traded all over the place throughout his career, but he's still recognized as successful. No matter all the bullshit that happens in the media, Marbury will always be recognized as PG with prolific production and talent.

Who are you say who's successful and who isn't? Besides sitting on the couch and eating doritos, you don't have any credibility to take away from a talent like Marbury.

You can't be really this ignorant and tell me 20 and 8 isn't success. Any point guard that comes into the NBA and has a consistent career of 20 and 8 is successful individually, period. I don't want to use a cliche logic, but Marbury was the only guy is the league to be close to Oscar Robinson's 20 and 8, so when giving an assessment on Marbury's status as an NBA player, it has to be higher than what you're giving him right now.

You were in a cave when the Knicks played in 2003-04, and you're Jamal Crawford's admire and became a Knicks fan when Crawford joined the club. No one here is going to take you serious as an Knick fan if you continue to post the garbage you're posting.
Knicks were a solid team in 2003-04, we went 23-19 under Marbury and Lenny Wilkins. Wilkins and Marbury had good chemistry and Wilkins allowed Marbury to be the floor leader for that team. Making the playoffs is successful accomplishment, period. Don't down play it because you don't play in the NBA so you can't really act like its nothing. Its not the most successful thing to accomplish, but its still an accomplishment.

Crawford has ZERO accomplishments for this team.
Along with Curry
Randolph
Richardson
etc and etc.

This is why I don't back them up, they've done nothing for this franchise except bring a losing attitude on the court.

Wilkins gave Marbury his chance and we succeeded to a degree above our standards today.

Its obvious at this point you really don't care the Knicks success past, present or future. You're just here to tickle Jamal's left nut with a feather and suck on his right. If you were really understanding, you would reminisce with me back in 2003-04 and talk about how fun that season was and all the excitement that was built for the playoffs. Playoff experience is ALWAYS a positive, win or lose. Not everybody "wins it all".

Where the did I said Marbury would any team to a championship?
Read the post next time before you post something retarded like that, because I'm not here to talk about that.

You contradict everything you say. He's a good NBA player to you, but not successful? You're way too over with this "success" thing. Making the NBA period is successful accomplishment on it self. Being "good" is even bigger, and being one of the most explosiveness and better PG's in the last 10 years is an elite accomplishment. The ignorance is amazing, no credit athletes these days from people who eat baloneys off their titties and can't even do a push up.

Last season Curry ranked #2 in scoring among centers. What place would put him on the current top 10 NBA center list?

Everything has to be factored in. Pts, Reb, Blk, FG%...

Yao Ming
Shaq O'Neill
Dwight Howard
Eddie Curry
Marcus Camby
Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Alonzo Mourning
Nenad Kristic
Al Jefferson
Chris Kaman

You're same guy who thinks Curry is a top 4 center...what the fuck would you know about successful PG's? Be honest.

starbury4real

Benchwarmer

ARE U INSANE, BASKETBALL IS A BUSINESS, NO MATTER HOW GOOD U ARE U GET TRADED ASK THE PLAYERS THAT U THINK ARE GOOD LEADERS, JASON KIDD, STEVE NASH, SHAQ, KG AND OTHERS, THEY GOT TRADED EVEN MICHEAL JORDAN WITHOUT ANY ARGUMENT THE BEST PLAYER TO EVER PLAY THE GAME WAS TRADED SO WHAT POINT DO U MAKE. BASKETBALL IS NOT THE GAME OF LIFE, IF HE AINT THAT GOOD, HE WOULD NEVER BE THE FOURTH PAID PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE AND I BET U HE IS IN THE TOP 30 ATHLETES IN ALL PROFESSIONAL SPORTS WHO GETS THOSE TYPE OF SALARY. IF HE DOESN'T SUCCEED IN THIS LEAGUE, HE HAS SUCCEEDED IN LIFE. HE HAS MADE IT BIG TIME, BECAUSE HE NEVER WON A CHAMPIONSHIP DON'T MEAN HE NEVER HAD SUCCESS IN THE LEAGUE. I BET U MOST PEOPLE IN THE LEAGUE DON'T CARE WHETHER THEY WIN A RING OR NOT, AND I BET MARBURY IS ONE OF THEM WHO THINK WINNING A CHAMPIONSHIP IS NOT EVERYTHING IN LIFE. IF U DIE, THE RING AINT FOLLOWING U TO UR GRAVE.

Last edited:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I know this is off topic, but what is up with Jason Kidd's fg%? lol He's shooting 36%.I haven't been watching the Nets that much, but that % is horrible.He is still averaging high assists and rebounds, though.And I thought Q-Rich's field goals were bad. lol And he is averaging more turnovers than ZACH RANDOLPH! Kidd averages 3.77 turnovers, while Randolph averages 3.0.

Last edited:

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Yo. kidd that sig is creepy. I don't like this one as much, just a heads up son, and good advice..

I want to imagine Eddy Curry being about 40 pounds lighter, and a defensive player. THEN we are talking a different story. but since he has NO WORK ETHIC, and NO motivation, and dedication, he is a Kwame Brown type player. just slightly better..