Walsh's New Years resolution- Buy out Marbury

http://www.nypost.com/seven/1227200...resolves_to_buy_out_marbury_for_ne_146085.htm

According to the post Walsh wants to have Marbury's roster spot available around the time 10 day contracts can be offerd January 5th. He is supposidly saving the roster spot taht opend up from Mobley's heart condition for a 2 for 1 trade or a move involving the 4.5mil exception they recieved because of his retirment.

Lets see if this really happens in the next week or so. Im hoping it does so that this is the last time we have to talk about it.

As for that roster spot, theres been talk about who will take it... Delfino, Telfair, Ewing Jr... among other names that the rumor mill has been circling around

I wouldn't mind getting a SG Delfino with one of those roster spots and with the other open spot somehow get Shawn Williams out of the D-Leage.

As much as I hate to say it it looks more and more to me that D.Lee isn't in Coach D's long term plans in NY (or Donnie's since he's gonna want to get paid :() I'd like to send Lee and Jeffries to the Griz. (the Griz. have been known to want Lee) for Darko and a draft pick, or we can do the same with a number of teams, we should at least get something for him if he's not in out future plans.

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
Yea, i keep reading here and there that Lee doesnt create as much space as D'Antoni would want from a PF, especially on Thorpe and other chats on espn
Dont think any of these writers are close to Knicks insiders, but it kind of makes sense
D'Antoni always liked players who can shoot a few 3s and pass well from PF - guys like Marion, Diaw

If Lee is not in long term plans, we better get good value for him, or use him to get rid of the bad contracts

Last edited:

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
As for Marbury, I was really hoping Walsh would work his deadline magic as always and trade Marbury's contract to bring in some decent player till 2010 - like Brad Miller
Brad Miller would look so great in D'Antoni system. He's exactly the big guy D'Antoni loves. Good range, great passing. And only 2 years left on contract. Sacramento needs a PG btw.
But maybe we could get him for Curry's fat contract + D-Lee?

Ewing

Benchwarmer
What about Mobley's spot? Who's gonna take it?
I think Walsh could find a trade involving Steph, the Heat could trade Marion for him, the Pistons AI, the Raptors O'Neal, so he can make some smart move and "sell" Marbury's expiring contract.

TunerAddict

Starter
Hate to say it, but I don't want Ewing Jr. He is trash. Doesn't matter who his father is, he just isn't good enough to play in the NBA. Last time I checked, he has been shooting 31% from the field in the D league. That is trash. He wasn't a very good college player, why would he suddenly become a good NBA player?

He never would have been drafted if it wasn't for his name. Plain and simple. He'd probably have had trouble making a D league team too.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Hate to say it, but I don't want Ewing Jr. He is trash. Doesn't matter who his father is, he just isn't good enough to play in the NBA. Last time I checked, he has been shooting 31% from the field in the D league. That is trash. He wasn't a very good college player, why would he suddenly become a good NBA player?

He never would have been drafted if it wasn't for his name. Plain and simple. He'd probably have had trouble making a D league team too.
Coming from the same guy who idolizes Mardy Collins and Anthony Roberson. lmao

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
I idolize Anthony Roberson too. Me wants to be like Roberson and get 800k a year

Doesnt prevent me from calling him a scrub though - hahaha

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
:teeth::teeth::teeth: at ABCD's post

tuner Ewing Jr will give us energy boosts and defensive boosts whenever he's in the game perfect compliment to Nate off the bench.

JayJ44

Starter
Ewing Jr would probably become our leading shotblocker if we got him, sadly. But he'll be a lot like Balkman. He'll bring energy, hustle, defense. But I think his offensive game is a little better, and he has a higher b-ball iq. Besides the fact that the fans love him. We're probably not gonna make the playoffs anyway, so I don't see the harm in bringing him in.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer

1) We dont need him as our 1 or second option but as a young energetic guy of the bench.
2) So we are not forced to watch the likes of JJ every night. At least we can say he s young and he can get better.
3) We can't play 7 man rotation the whole seasson.
4) What s your alternative........... please.

As for Marbury, I was really hoping Walsh would work his deadline magic as always and trade Marbury's contract to bring in some decent player till 2010 - like Brad Miller
Brad Miller would look so great in D'Antoni system. He's exactly the big guy D'Antoni loves. Good range, great passing. And only 2 years left on contract. Sacramento needs a PG btw.
But maybe we could get him for Curry's fat contract + D-Lee?

Curry and Lee for Brad Miller and a draft pick I'd do (still rather send Jeffries than Curry though......... at least Curry can play on 1 side of the court, Jeffries has proven he can't play on either side!)