Official Free Agency Thread

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
I think Howard only stated that he would agree to sign it & the Cavs have stated they would only take bynum if he's willing to sign an extension but i can see the deals getting done either by the weekend or monday.. so far things seem to be falling into place. Honestly i'm glad to see Howard out the East good news for the eastern conference bad news for the west lol

The Cavaliers are eager to acquire Andrew Bynum in a three-way trade with the Lakers and Magic involving Dwight Howard, but they are not prepared to move forward without an assurance from Bynum.

"Cleveland will only do the deal if Bynum extends," a league official directly involved in the talks told Yahoo! Sports.

The Lakers want the framework of a trade to be agreed upon before the Cavaliers begin engaging Bynum on an extension.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta..._Bynum_Before_Agreeing_To_Trade#ixzz217eYlKUn

What kind of money do the knicks have left to get an SG?

What kind of SG could we get with our money

Foye, Chris DR...uh

http://www.thewindyapple.com/2012/07/19/remaining-free-agent-options-for-knicksbulls/

Bellinelli -- Knicks/Bulls interested
Foye-- Knicks interested
Pietrus-- Boston still interested
Brewer-- Knicks interested if he were to accept vet min (acknowledged the possibility of returning to the bulls at a lower price)
Jodie meeks-- Talked to Knicks/Bulls (prefers bi ann or mid level)
CJ miles-- Bulls shown interest
Delonte West-- Bulls shown interest
Willie Green
Josh Howard

All those players are still available... who's taking the vet min? Probably nobody we really want... i wouldn't even be surprised if we didn't sign a SG at all.

I was against trying to sign Brewer because he cant shoot, but now that i think about it we need more defensive athletic bodies on this team if we can sign Brewer for vet min i'd be satisfied. Were going to need more defensive bodies if were going to have any chance of stopping teams like the Heat and Thunder (Brewer is ideal) eventually we would be able to throw out a lineup of

Felton
Shumpert
Melo
Stat
Chandler

Bench

Kidd
JR
Brewer
Novak
Camby

Well balanced scoring and Defense from the starters and Bench.

Paul1355

All Star
http://www.thewindyapple.com/2012/07/19/remaining-free-agent-options-for-knicksbulls/

Bellinelli -- Knicks/Bulls interested
Foye-- Knicks interested
Pietrus-- Boston still interested
Brewer-- Knicks interested if he were to accept vet min (acknowledged the possibility of returning to the bulls at a lower price)
Jodie meeks-- Talked to Knicks/Bulls (prefers bi ann or mid level)
CJ miles-- Bulls shown interest
Delonte West-- Bulls shown interest
Willie Green
Josh Howard

All those players are still available... who's taking the vet min? Probably nobody we really want... i wouldn't even be surprised if we didn't sign a SG at all.

I was against trying to sign Brewer because he cant shoot, but now that i think about it we need more defensive athletic bodies on this team if we can sign Brewer for vet min i'd be satisfied. Were going to need more defensive bodies if were going to have any chance of stopping teams like the Heat and Thunder (Brewer is ideal) eventually we would be able to throw out a lineup of

Felton
Shumpert
Melo
Stat
Chandler

Bench

Kidd
JR
Brewer
Novak
Camby

Well balanced scoring and Defense from the starters and Bench.

to be honest with you, we CAN get a good player like Foye, Bellinelli or Brewer but what will they do when Shumpert comes back? Play 5 min a game?

It might just be better if we let Kidd play minutes at the 2 when J.R isn't there and when kidd and J.R get tired just let White fill in some minutes.....I also remember melo playing spot minutes at the 2 when Woodson took over.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
to be honest with you, we CAN get a good player like Foye, Bellinelli or Brewer but what will they do when Shumpert comes back? Play 5 min a game?

It might just be better if we let Kidd play minutes at the 2 when J.R isn't there and when kidd and J.R get tired just let White fill in some minutes.....I also remember melo playing spot minutes at the 2 when Woodson took over.
I mean i'm 50/50 with Kidd starting at the 2 he's up there in age and i would hate to have to ware him out, it could work for certain periods of the game i'm not really feeling him staying there permanently until Shump returns nor am i'm really feeling MR. inconsistent JR starting there, but we have to make due with what we have.

We can follow the Clipper model where they had Billups playing along Cp3, but Felton aint exactly no Cp3. What really concerns me is our transition defense and Fast breaks with Kidd at the 2... we dont exactly have no Blake Griffin jetting down the court... Shump is out, Fields is gone, Melo is capable of getting out in transition but ain't exactly no Lebron or Durant jetting down the court. I'd cringe at the thought of a Felton/Kidd fast break :teeth: but i guess Kidd at the 2 is not so bad until further notice.. he can help spread the floor because of his capability of knocking the 3 ball (still wouldn't mind having brewer for defensive and athletic purposes)

Last edited:

Shaunyboy23

Benchwarmer
I would be ecstatic if we filled 3 of our remaining spots Foye, Shawne Williams and Kenyon Martin. Not sure if Foye would take the vet min. though but if he can be convinced we'd have a heck of a squad

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
I would be ecstatic if we filled 3 of our remaining spots Foye, Shawne Williams and Kenyon Martin. Not sure if Foye would take the vet min. though but if he can be convinced we'd have a heck of a squad
TommyD on twitter doesnt usually spout to much BS, but he is dead set that Foye if convinced as both you said, would come from Vet Min. and BTW Shawne Williams name hasnt been said even one. 1% chance he's a Knick

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Shannon Brown has agreed to a two-year, $7 million deal with the Suns. The second season of the contract is half guaranteed.

Brown also spent the 11-12 season with Phoenix.

Via Marc J. Spears/Yahoo! Sports (via Twitter)

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/222521/Shannon_Brown_Agrees_To_Two_Year_$7M_Deal_With_Suns#ixzz21Cs5QaXE

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer

Shumpert won't be 100% once he returns, his minutes will definitely be limited likely for the rest of the year. Foye or Brewer would still get a large role with the team and may be convinced to sign. They could be showcased on a Knicks team that will certainly get plenty of attention, and use this season as a contract year. I really think we should avoid Bellinelli though, his defense is way too shaky.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Barbosa is another FA out there that might be a nice option...

The Free Agent market is growing thin some players aren't going to get what they expect.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
I hate to post this because it's from a Brooklyn fan, and I believe hes just hating on the Knicks but TommyD talks to him like he's a credible source, so take it for what its worth

The Knicks are an undesirable destination?

Yves Darbouze ‏@DonMagicDraper
It seems NBA players feel like Knicks are bad situation getting worse but guy said Melo is a popular guy but not to play with @TommyDeeTKB
Yves Darbouze ‏@DonMagicDraper
this guy is a young NBA player best friend on a bad team, told some credible stories said NYK situation is puzzling to players @TommyDeeTKB
*The player he is referring to is Randy Foye*
To which one Knick fan replied, and the source responded
NYSportsDr ‏@NYSportsDr
@DonMagicDraper @TommyDeeTKB tell that to Kidd and Camby, guys won't sign up for two months of PT before Shump comes back
3m Yves Darbouze ‏@DonMagicDraper
At 38+ not sure those guys had a ton of options but true @NYSportsDr @tommydeetkb

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
I hate to post this because it's from a Brooklyn fan, and I believe hes just hating on the Knicks but TommyD talks to him like he's a credible source, so take it for what its worth

The Knicks are an undesirable destination?

*The player he is referring to is Randy Foye*
To which one Knick fan replied, and the source responded
Wow the undesirable part of the Knicks that players are staying away from......

James Dolan.

They see how he runs things and dont want any part of it, F*ck you Dolan, f*ck you

CA7

Scoring Champ
I'm starting to get upset here's why

Felton/Kidd
Smith/Shumpert
Anthony/Novak
Stoudemire
Chandler/Camby/Thomas

I know Woodson likes vets and **** but we need some athleticism specifically behind Stoudemire and Anthony

We should found a legit replacements for Jeffries and Fields, White and Copeland are good but don't scream threat to teams around the league

At this point I see Miami running all day on us

That's why I'm all for adding Sonny Weems and even a back up 4 maybe grab a Udonis Haslem type Pops Mensah-Bonsu/Leon Powe are the type of guys I'm looking for to add some toughness and athleticism we lack

Get it done Grunnie

WeReady

Benchwarmer
Wow the undesirable part of the Knicks that players are staying away from......

James Dolan.

They see how he runs things and dont want any part of it, F*ck you Dolan, f*ck you

Well you are also missing two common denominators in this whole thing 1. CAA 2. Isiah Thomas CAA basically runs our front office, haven't you notice most of the players that come here or represented by that agency and the shadow presence of Isaiah Thomas remember it wasn't too long ago that Dolan tried to hire him back as a consultant when Walsh was still here

All three factors in combination I'm not surprised that players are staying away unless they are represented by CAA of course.

Paul1355

All Star
For SG spot:

This is where we stand right now

THe money is drying up and some guys might be had for the vet min that will most likely just sign a 1 year deal in NY for the exposure to get a bigger contract the following season.

Targets are in order of importance:

Randy Foye
Sonny Weems
Maurice Evans

If we can get Roye for the vet minimum, which his agent said Roye would refuse weeks before, then he would be the ultimate steal. The money is drying up and the market is not as favorable for some guys.

Weems looked really good in some youtube clips from his last season with the Raptors where he averaged 9 ppg in only 23 min a game...BETTER THAN FIELDS! lol....and he had nice clips from his European team he played with last season.

IF Weems can improve the jumper, then he will be another steal at vet min. I believe he is better than FIelds without the jumper. Faster, more atheltic, stronger and is a better finisher.

Evans is the last choice, in case Foye and Weems have no shot of signing here for vet min. Evans would just ply spot minutes when J.R is tired and when Kidd played enough minutes at the 2 spot. Evans can knock down the outside shot, which is probably his only value at this point. I fear Evans is similar to Roger Mason and he will come to NY and shoot 10 % from downtown like Mason did which made me shake my head in disbelief.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Right now we lack athleticism, I dont care how vet savvy we are we need to add some athleticism

Sonny Weems- I see him as a mix of JR Smith and Iman Shumpert, more under control than JR, little more offense than Shumpert, solid defender with elite athleticism and he's improved his 3 ball. Those 3 will be big for us we gotta add Weems

We still should sign a 4 who can replace what Jeffries brought but that can also finish around the rim and hit the 15 footer. KT is not that and likely will have no positive effect on the game

Carl Landry- should come for the rest of the MLE or the min which ever we can use. Hits the J, plays D, takes charges and finishes around the rim

WeReady

Benchwarmer
Updating a previous item, Marco Belinelli's "deal with the Bulls is done," a source tells CSN Chicago.
Belinelli will join the Bulls as a backup shooting guard and a three-point shooter off of the bench. After averaging 1.6 treys last season with the Hornets, he could emerge onto the fantasy radar if veteran Richard Hamilton struggles or deals with injuries at any point. He's a name to stash away as someone to potentially take a flier on toward the end of drafts in standard sized leagues.