at what point does melo get any blame for this season bc he deserves some

erivera

Benchwarmer
the thing that absolutely annoys me when people talk about this season is that nobody blames carmelo for any of this mess. this season i can name a bunch of times when melo has been a part of the problem. he got his shot blocked by randy foye in denver. he lets tobias harris force him out of bounds in orlando the other night. in atlanta he's getting into a stupid argument with carrol. he fouled dwight howard intentionally under two minutes leading to free throws. he's missed potential game winners left and right. in san antonio, it was shumpert who won that game by puting back a melo miss. the other night, that final possession was brutal. i also understand you can blame the coach for putting guys in the wrong position, but as the best player it's his responsibility to make things work. he hasn't done that. he gets all the credit for the 21 wins, but none of the blame for the 36 losses? i understand he plays hard, and i am a believer in his talents. however, we have to look at our best player, and wonder what he's doing on the court at times.

dragon434

Rookie
the thing that absolutely annoys me when people talk about this season is that nobody blames carmelo for any of this mess. this season i can name a bunch of times when melo has been a part of the problem. he got his shot blocked by randy foye in denver. he lets tobias harris force him out of bounds in orlando the other night. in atlanta he's getting into a stupid argument with carrol. he fouled dwight howard intentionally under two minutes leading to free throws. he's missed potential game winners left and right. in san antonio, it was shumpert who won that game by puting back a melo miss. the other night, that final possession was brutal. i also understand you can blame the coach for putting guys in the wrong position, but as the best player it's his responsibility to make things work. he hasn't done that. he gets all the credit for the 21 wins, but none of the blame for the 36 losses? i understand he plays hard, and i am a believer in his talents. however, we have to look at our best player, and wonder what he's doing on the court at times.

Understandable, but without melo.. We just might get blown out every game. Hes the reason we even had a chance to win those games.

Where are we gonna get his 30 points from?? jr brick? Amare with what seems like a 50% turnover ratio. Felton & Shump who cant score for ****.

erivera

Benchwarmer
i understand he's kept them in almost all of the games, but players like him need to find a balance between scoring, distributing, and playing hard on defense. look at the bulls. they don't have any consistent scorers, but they do the little things to keep them above .500. they're an example of how playing the right way can make you look better than you are. i'm not saying this team would win a championship, but they went to the playoffs with a majority of these guys last year. melo should be able to lead them to at least 45 wins if he played smarter at times.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
The team has no offensive system, and their defensive philosophy is to switch everything.

When you have an NBA team that barely runs any discernible sets, the players are going to fall back on what they're comfortable doing. Coaches are supposed to put players in position to succeed, not stand back and watch the disaster unfold.

This. Is. Why. Woodson. Was. Fired. In. Atlanta.

From 2010:

It would be unduly charitable to view Woodson as a victim of his own success. This team, in perhaps its last week together, revealed the consistent weaknesses of the Woodson era: an overreliance on jump shots created off the dribble and in isolation, lots of talk about defense but little in the way of results, and a lack of depth. The first two problems are directly related. Though Woodson retains, from his association with Larry Brown in Detroit, a defensive reputation in some circles, the Hawks never finished better than 12th in the league in defensive efficiency largely because Woodson was most comfortable turning the offense over to veteran point guards.

Hawks Will Not Make Contract Offer to Mike Woodson

4 years ago, and these issues look eerily familiar.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

T.O Knick

Benchwarmer
Starts and ends with Dolan.

To be this dreadful in bar none the worst conference in modern NBA history is the biggest disgrace in the history of the Knicks.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
This isn't on Melo. This team is in shambles. Melo is an exceptional player, but he doesn't have what someone such as Kidd has. There's no good reason why Woodson should have even lasted a month this season.

erivera

Benchwarmer
i'm not blaming melo completely. there are lot of reasons why this team has struggled this season, but i can't give him a pass when he's made a decent amount of mistakes himself and his style of play takes away from the team aspect.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
i'm not blaming melo completely. there are lot of reasons why this team has struggled this season, but i can't give him a pass when he's made a decent amount of mistakes himself and his style of play takes away from the team aspect.
Not disagreeing with you, but no player is perfect. If Melo did a good amount less of what he shoudn't be doing, there's still a lot of bad things going on with the team.

Kiyaman

Legend
Its not Melo .. its all Melo's teammates poor effort why a 12 year Melo only got pass the first-round Twice.

Super Star Melo .. has always had problems with his teammates about little things, like the ISO-Melo ball-Hoggin 82 games a season. Melo's teammates has always been jealous of Melo.

Melo's teammates need to understand their role, they play relentless defense, and Melo will take care of all the scoring.
The Knicks teammates are jealous of Melo being able to call all the decision on the court, and all the shots for the MIA management.

Kiyaman

Legend
This isn't on Melo. This team is in shambles. Melo is an exceptional player, but he doesn't have what someone such as Kidd has. There's no good reason why Woodson should have even lasted a month this season.

Woodson let Carmelo Anthony pad his scoring stats for 48 minutes per game.
There's no way Melo was going to let Dolan Fire Woodson, especially when Melo's averaging 28 pts per game.

Melo have all our PG walk the ball upcourt on offense.
The Knicks are not a running team, the Knicks-team are barely averaging 8 pts on fastbreak-basket per game this season.
Lebron & Durant average 10 pts on fastbreak baskets a game .. So Melo's 28 pts are from being a BALLHOGGER!!!!!

Who does this describe? dribble to much, hold the ball to long, always walking the ball upcourt on offense (sounds like Felton), and shooting the ball consecutive on 5 or 6 offensive possessions?????

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
Looking at this season shows me how great he played last season to get that team to 54 wins and a quarter away from game 7 with Indy.

If I were Melo I would be ready to get the hell outta NY and not look back come the summer personally if he wants any chance at winning.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

paris401

Starter
Who does this describe? dribble to much, hold the ball to long, always walking the ball upcourt on offense (sounds like Felton), and shooting the ball consecutive on 5 or 6 offensive possessions?????

well it could also be jr... oh wait... he doesn't dribble too much... he's more get the ball n chuck...

Broadway

All Star

Nope not gonna cut it in the message board cultured world. Melo's has a strong campaign of lobbyist following him. It's one of the most potent I've ever seen. Saying "you're not blaming Melo completely" in this warped Melo universe is like saying Melo is the root of all evil.

Melo's concubines, mistresses, maidservants, side pieces, dl chicks, chickenheads, stans, buttmunchers, secret lovers, penpals, e-harmony match.com mates, valentines, bromancers, prostitutes, hookers, hustlers, hussies, bimbos, call girls, tramps, hos in different area codes, boyfriends, harlots, doxies, whores....

Want him as far from blame as the sunrise is to the sunset. They're past the point of all rationale and are intoxicated well beyond the legal limit.

Broadway

All Star
Looking at this season shows me how great he played last season to get that team to 54 wins and a quarter away from game 7 with Indy.

If I were Melo I would be ready to get the hell outta NY and not look back come the summer personally if he wants any chance at winning.

Melo played like garbage that series.

Kiyaman

Legend

NO NO NO .. u got it all WRONG.

It was HOF Jason Kidd (9 minute) decision-making in all of lastseason 4th quarters.
Jason Kidd (decision-making) were our 4th qtr. SAVIOR in 82 games.
Plus it was the DYNAMIC duo of tandem "Kidd & Kenyon Martin" Winning 16 games of the final 18 regular season games.
Take away 10 day contract Kenyon Martin 16 wins from 54 wins, and u have a struggling 38 win team on a 4 game losing streak with Tyson & Melo out with injuries.

The NY Press/Media didnt write or mention anything about Kidd or K-Mart lastseason, they made it all about Melo/JR scoring. They never mention Knicks oponents always kept a defender very close to Novak, which stopped all the double-teams on Melo/JR.

Kiyaman

Legend

What! u dont think Melo had the power to get Woodson FIRED when our record was 9-21?
30 games into the season with a 4-12 HOME record. Com'on

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
What! u dont think Melo had the power to get Woodson FIRED when our record was 9-21?
30 games into the season with a 4-12 HOME record. Com'on
D'Antoni lasted a long enough time before Melo when he should have been fired. He might have the power to get Woodson fired, but it doesn't mean he would. Melo might not be the bad person you think he is.

Not that I'm saying that would make him bad...

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
NO NO NO .. u got it all WRONG.

It was HOF Jason Kidd (9 minute) decision-making in all of lastseason 4th quarters.
Jason Kidd (decision-making) were our 4th qtr. SAVIOR in 82 games.
Plus it was the DYNAMIC duo of tandem "Kidd & Kenyon Martin" Winning 16 games of the final 18 regular season games.
Take away 10 day contract Kenyon Martin 16 wins from 54 wins, and u have a struggling 38 win team on a 4 game losing streak with Tyson & Melo out with injuries.

The NY Press/Media didnt write or mention anything about Kidd or K-Mart lastseason, they made it all about Melo/JR scoring. They never mention Knicks oponents always kept a defender very close to Novak, which stopped all the double-teams on Melo/JR.

Yeah no question Kidd's veteran leadership in 4th quarters last year was huge, as was K-Marts presence late in the season. In fact I remember Kidd getting plenty of credit from the media and players like Kidd saying that K-Mart "saved their season" with his play, especially since Tyson was injured for a good portion of the year towards the end, battling the neck/back injury.

But make no mistake about it, Melo carried the majority of production for that team and without him the Knicks wouldn't of had a shot at winning a single playoff game (possibly miss the playoffs all together), never mind winning a series and getting within a quarter of forcing a top tier team like Indiana to a game 7.

That streak where Melo went on that tear, scoring and leading to the longest winning streak in franchise history since the early 90s Knicks and beating quality teams like OKC on the road, etc.

The Knicks suck this year, but it's not cause of Melo. The opinion that Melo has been playing the best basketball of his career the past season and a half is pretty much shared unanimously by NBA analysts, and I share that opinion as well. It's a shame we have such an incompetent owner and management that basically gives away first round picks like spare change and has no clue how to build a team around Melo, which all but guarantees this team will suck until the day it's sold to someone else.

Kiyaman

Legend
I should put together a post of how this forums Knicks fans turned into Melo-Fans, then into invisible-fans in KO forum.
Melo's 40 pts cant win a game this season .. 21-38 = big let down