Doesn't make sense for the Knicks to make playoffs.

Tank for a top 5 pick or get embarrassed in the playoffs?

• Total voters

iSaYughh

Starter
I'm calling it now... With Antoni we don't win more than 23 games MAX. Without him, sky's the limit.

I will take the over on that 7 days out of the week.

I'd take the over on ABCD's number 7 days outta the week, as well, in comparison to that.

We had a solid, successful season last year; parlayed our players' success into trading for Melo, and are now a few games into a shortened season as new players gel and we wait for major reinforcement.

iSaYughh

Starter
this type of f-ed logic always irks me.

always makes sense to get in the dance. could make the finals. could win it. you never know. you always play to win. only time you even think about tanking is when you have an amply sh*tty team, one you know may not even win double digit games n for sure wont make the playoffs, a team like San Antonio on some pre Duncan era type ish.

this team is clearly built to make the post season and maybe make a lil run. all due respect but ....pls stop.

:agreed:

I don't honestly see why people are flipping the panic switch and rioting against this team -- besides the fact that the zeitgeist of "MDA sucks, MDA must go, we will never win with MDA" has been building inexorably, and everyone is anxious to see us finally be and look like a complete team.

Unfortunately, with the worst backcourt in the NBA, and not a single legitimate NBA point guard on our team right now, that is impossible, until we get a point guard and/or the juggernaut portion of our team figures their shit out...and MDA is indeed in charge of that happening, and his success/fail will depend on how it all plays out...over the course of this yr.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I will take the over on that 7 days out of the week.

I'd take the over on ABCD's number 7 days outta the week, as well, in comparison to that.

We had a solid, successful season last year; parlayed our players' success into trading for Melo, and are now a few games into a shortened season as new players gel and we wait for major reinforcement.

I'm with you there!

Don't want MD on board anymore, though.

Baron Davis isn't the answer to this team's performing grief.

KingCharles34

All Star
We're an embarrassment either way... Rather not have a team with Melo and Amare be in contention for a top 5 pick tho :/

I agree but Stat could easily fake another knee injury. Nobody would question it

Then they could just start making sh*t up like Douglas reinjured his shoulder, Fields is playing with a broken toe...Melo's playing through elbow pain.

Dolan should make Antoni instigate a fight with Baron so that once hes healthy they can buy him out. We wouldnt want him back. And after the season fire Antoni

petescud

Starter
Only team in our division worst then us today is the Nets....what a waste of talent. Too bad we don't have a real leader on this team that says to the other guys "F$%^ Dantoni, lets play this way and win some games...Maybe Baron is that guy. From what i remember, no he isn't either. Maybe put STAT or Melo as the 6th man...lol

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Only team in our division worst then us today is the Nets....what a waste of talent. Too bad we don't have a real leader on this team that says to the other guys "F$%^ Dantoni, lets play this way and win some games...Maybe Baron is that guy. From what i remember, no he isn't either. Maybe put STAT or Melo as the 6th man...lol
The Nets played without Brook, Humphries, AND Deron Williams. ALSO they were up a point in the first half.

The Knicks were that bad.

metrocard

Legend
Doesn't make sense to get in the dance when this team can't dance.

We mad TWO major moves that were hyped up to be the moves that would make the Knicks elite.

This isn't premature. **** your hope. The problems these Knicks are having are the same ****ing problems we had with Crawford Randolph and Curry as our core.

Defense and turnovers. We're built to lose.

Time to destroy and rebuild. When Tyson Chandler, a role player is associated with apart of a "Big 3" you know your ultimate plan failed.

petescud

Starter
you guys are right...my apologies. I still can't believe we got manhandled so far from the Bobcats, Raptors, Warriors and Lakers minus Bynum and an ailing Kobe. we are in trouble

KingofNy

Starter
BUMP...I don't care what anyone says. This team isn't built for winning.

I think if we had a coach that runs plays and has a system other than stand around and pass the ball until someone's open, then our current team has the talent to flourish. Before the season we were contenders, that is until MDA got his hands on our talent and BROKE IT as ALWAYS! We need a new coach NOW!

It shouldn't take long as people are going to stop paying those high ticket prices to see this horribly coached squad.

knicksin60

Starter
I agree with the OP of this thread.This team isn't built to compete in the D-League. It's laughable how the Knicks couldn't win a playoff game last season, end up swapping one position player for another in the offseason and because of that one move the majority of Knick fans pick them to be NBA finals favorites. For the past decade we as fans have overhyped almost every move that the Knicks have made.

The truth is that the Knicks have overpaid stars that don't compliment eachother, a coach that should have never been hired to begin with and a back court and bench that are perhaps the worst in the NBA.

Baron Davis isn't going to be the second coming of Magic Johnson.He'll probably help the Knicks win a few more games but the Knicks will continue being what they are which is a sub 500 low seeded team. The sad thing is that there are about 15 teams in the NBA right now that have a better shot of winning an NBA championship than the Knicks do.

Oklahoma are the best example of how to rebuild through the Draft.

Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka, Jeff Green (who gave them Perkins) and Nick Collison were all drafted by their front office.

It's embarrassing and annoying to see where other teams, that were in the trenches with us 5-6 years ago, are now and we're still having the same damn issues we had 10 years ago.

We could have a starting 5 of:

Nene
Lamarcus Aldridge
Gallo
Ariza
Rondo

now, had we not wasted away our Draft picks.

jrdrny

Benchwarmer
Oklahoma are the best example of how to rebuild through the Draft.

Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka, Jeff Green (who gave them Perkins) and Nick Collison were all drafted by their front office.

It's embarrassing and annoying to see where other teams, that were in the trenches with us 5-6 years ago, are now and we're still having the same damn issues we had 10 years ago.

We could have a starting 5 of:

Nene
Lamarcus Aldridge
Gallo
Ariza
Rondo

now, had we not wasted away our Draft picks.
thats a championship team lol, we HAVE to fire our coach

New New York

Quiet Storm
Doesn't make sense for the Knicks to make playoffs. We can't beat CHI or MIA or even CHA. We have a top 5 protected lottery pick. Get the pick and go into 12-13' stronger with a franchise potential player.

We gave up enough prospects in the Melo deal, killed our cap with over signing Amare and Chandler.

Didnt realize the pick was top 5 protected

Yet....with our luck we miss the playoffs and then we get the number 6 pick!

Good thinking, but the plan is too risky, think of Isiah's last pathetic season with us, we finished like 28-64 and that was the 6th worst record and then Chicago moves all the way up to 1 and then we get bumped to 7th

If the pick was top 10, I'd say do it