Dantoni and Melo meet up

New New York

Quiet Storm
http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes....hony-and-dantoni-a-reunion-with-the-u-s-team/

Not really news, honestly looks like the reporter squeezing water from a rock! I think the 2 want a gold medal and that's that!

I think the two of them were not a good match, Melo will do well in the next few seasons and Dantoni will get another shot....I see can see him being reunited w Nash if Mike Brown underachives next year.

Or if Atlanta does pull off getting Chris Paul and Dwight that would be a great team for his system

Paul1355

All Star
http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes....hony-and-dantoni-a-reunion-with-the-u-s-team/

Not really news, honestly looks like the reporter squeezing water from a rock! I think the 2 want a gold medal and that's that!

I think the two of them were not a good match, Melo will do well in the next few seasons and Dantoni will get another shot....I see can see him being reunited w Nash if Mike Brown underachives next year.

Or if Atlanta does pull off getting Chris Paul and Dwight that would be a great team for his system

Id take Melo over the dantoni coaching style anyday

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Not really. When u don't coach defense u will never win a championship. Plus Nash made dantoni look good in those days with the Suns.

160g6005g633.gif

where did you get those arguments, maybe the "Handbook For Terrible Arguments"?

Last edited:

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
Melo > coach d

• Second team: 2010
  • Third team: 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012

• First team: 2004[3]

----------------------------------

As a player:

As a coach:

• 2x Italian League titles
  • 1x Korać Cup
  • 1x Cup of Italy

orangeblobman

Rotation player

• Second team: 2010
  • Third team: 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012

• First team: 2004[3]

----------------------------------

As a player:

As a coach:

• 2x Italian League titles
  • 1x Korać Cup
  • 1x Cup of Italy

You forgot this:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2012/05/carmelo-anthonys-playoff-record-is-nbas-worst-in-20-years/1#.T_rcUB1j10w

9 out of 10 basketball fans would rather watch an MDA-led team than a Melo team.

9 out of 10 starphuck butt sniffers would rather watch Melo play with his nutsack than watch basketball.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Not the biggest Melo fan but I have to agree I'd take him over Dantoni any day.

Are you kidding me?

Even when Knicks were losing with Duhon and Lee we were having fun watching them.

Tell the truth, how much fun do you have watching the Melo team? I maybe watched 4 quarters total since Melo came back and murdered Linsanity.

fender0577

Rotation player
Are you kidding me?

Even when Knicks were losing with Duhon and Lee we were having fun watching them.

Tell the truth, how much fun do you have watching the Melo team? I maybe watched 4 quarters total since Melo came back and murdered Linsanity.
No...They were not.It' s not fun watching a team, that you know has no shot, at winning anything.

fender0577

Rotation player
What shot does this team have at winning what? Real question, what shot does this team have and what is this shot at?
Hell, did anyone pick Dallas last year?Did anyone pick the G-Men this year?You never know what can happen, once the playoffs begin.That Lee, and Duhon team had no shot at the playoffs, this team will make the playoffs, and you never know what can happen.Teams can get hot at the right time, or get favorable matchups, but you have to make the playoffs to have a shot.We're a few moves away from being a really good team, give them a full year, with training camp, before you kill them in every post.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Hell, did anyone pick Dallas last year?Did anyone pick the G-Men this year?You never know what can happen, once the playoffs begin.That Lee, and Duhon team had no shot at the playoffs, this team will make the playoffs, and you never know what can happen.Teams can get hot at the right time, or get favorable matchups, but you have to make the playoffs to have a shot.We're a few moves away from being a really good team, give them a full year, with training camp, before you kill them in every post.

Anything can happen at any time, of course. If that's our strongest argument, I'd say confidence in this team doing anything of significance is pretty weak.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
What is fun?

Are you kidding me?

Depends what you think is fun coming from a fans perspective

Some people think watching Iso Melo was fun
Some people think watching Melo lobs to chandler was fun
Some people think the Linsanity run was fun
Some people think watching Jeffries hustle plays were fun
Some people think Chandlers defensive powers were fun
Some people think watching Stat FAIL was fun (kingstarbury) lol
Some people think the development of Shumpert was fun to see

The list can go on and on

I myself had fun watching the Knicks team this season, it may have been a complicated season but overall it was still fun to witness.

You didn't enjoy watching it because you dislike Melo and his style of play, there are OTHERS who did Enjoy watching it because Melo may be their favorite player and thats what they wanted to see or they were not impressed with all the Linsanity stuff and preferred the ball being in the hands on their more reliable superstars hand.

Vice Versa

Others may have Enjoyed the Mike Dantoni & Linsanity run because they prefer the PG making every decision on the court. Some people just thought the Linderella story was great, seeing how he was an underdog and just really exploded out of nowhere and we got to see what he was really made of.

It all depends what you personally view as "FUN" to see.

Each season shares it's fun moments weather the fun moments are presented from your superstars or not

Woodsons 18-6 Run was more exciting than anything Dantoni has done here from a coaching standpoint IMO

it was def Not fun watching

-Dantoni sit on the bench and only call timeouts when the lead got completely out of hand

-Dantoni not preaching defense

-Dantoni not getting in our stars ears when they slacked

-Dantoni's garbage post conferences pretending everything was ok

Don't get me wrong Dantoni is a mastermind offensive coach but besides that his coaching style is flawed.

Regarding the LEE/DUHON era being fun to watch...

Just like every season from every team in the NBA it shared its few FUN moments, but when reality sets in the team was going NOWHERE.. and all you can really do is show your support if your a faithful Knick fan.

if anything Jamal Crawford's Shake n bake moves were FUN to see lol.

Last edited:

orangeblobman

Rotation player
D'Antoni isn't a bad coach and Melo isn't a bad player, they were just a horrible fit for each other.

That's playing the diplomat.

But I don't work for the UN and I am not a politician. I am a Knicks fan.

D'antoni, whatever your gripes with him, he had a team with Lin, Novak, Jeffries and Chandler balling, he had them running through the league.

Melo, for all his supposed prowess, melted like a stinky fish on cheese when the balls came to the wall.

I'm not playing the fence on this and neither should any Knicks fan.

Melo = Marbury, that's the final word and that's the type of results you can expect from this team.

Now let us hunker down and weather another 5 years of doom and gloom and maybe, if we're lucky, lightning will strike Dolan and someone will run this team the right way.