Chandler V Gallanari

Choose 1 to KEEP.

• Total voters

Kiyaman

Legend
Kiyaman has resorted to defending Duhon...lol.

That being said I firmly believe Gallo is better. Kiyaman is a Gallo hater and constantly claims that he'll be nothing more than a 7th man off the bench, but the reality is that he is and will always be a better scorer than Wilson Chandler.

Wilson Chandler is more athletic and a better defender but Gallo is a better shooter. However, the key here is the fact that Gallo has shown a clear determination and desire to be the best player he can be, whereas Wilson Chandler gets caught driving with weed in Queens and does not display the heart and the work ethic that Gallo has shown.

So Chandler/Haslem/Carmelo got caught with weed so that makes them a
less of a player? right.
Here is a question for u, this time last year who did u think was going to be
the Knicks starting SG? and what position did Nate play when he came off
the bench for the Knicks in the 2006 to 2008 season?

It has nothing to do with me hating on Gallo
I hated Isiah for giving his pet player Marbury/Crawford 36 minutes
of playingtime as a Knick.
And I hate Damntoni for chosing his Pet player Gallo over an entire team
of players. That 1-11 start last season was personal.
Gallo and Duhon flaws in the first 4 months of Knick Basketball was equal.
Gallo and Duhon (both) shouldnt have average over 24 minutes of playingtime
last season.
What will happen this upcoming season?
hint.... Eddie House got DNP the last 8 games of the season.

moneyg

Starter
if chandler had gallos heart he would be waaaaaaaaayyyyyy better... the only thing gallo can do better than chandler is shoot... wilson lacks heart becuz he is slow up there....:smokin:

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I was in Trinidad and Tobago about a year ago and during lunch was speaking with someone from outside the capital of Port of Spain. His accent was pretty heavy and I had such a hard time understanding what he was saying. I had to ask him about five times to repeat the same sentence and just couldn't understand. I mean, I speak very good English and his dialect was just not understandable for me. Sometimes it also happens when I go to London or speak with someone from India on the phone.

But I'm talking about spoken English, which because of the accent it is understandable that there may be some confusion. They must also have a hard time listening to me. What Ive never faced is the same level of confusion when Im READING English, and thats what precisely happens when I read Kiyaman's posts. I just cant understand what he's really trying to say. All I know is that hes disagreeing with 90% of us here. Kiya, if you keep it simple arguing your points it will make it easier to understand you, but you just try to throw in so much into your posts that it ends up like that commercial for the job website "ladders.com" with like a hundred people trying to play tennis on one court.

Anyways, IMO, Gallo will be a better player than Wilson in the long run. They are both good, but if the main objective of the game is to put the ball in the hoop, thats where Gallo wins. Defense goes for Chandler. And his strength and athleticism are sweet. But the priority in this game is to score and thats where Gallo will always have the edge and its what makes him more valuable.

In other words, Gallo has Larry Bird potential and Chandler has Scottie Pippen potential. Larry Bird or Scottie Pippen, which would you rather have on your team? Not saying that they will ever be anything close to one of these top 50 players, but thats more or less the easier way to frame this discussion.

Can the majority be mistaken? Check out a smilar discussion elsewhere:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100808014822AAc9PL3

Kiya buddy, you may now continue with your devil's advocacy.

Haha! I spent a month in Trinidad and Tobago collecting field research. One of the guys I was working with, Koshi was his name, was speaking English but I couldn't understand a word he was saying. It was like he was speaking a different language. Cool guy though. I just had difficulty understanding him.

Yahoo sports ranked Gallo as the 10th best SF in the league and Chandler as the 26th best. I disagreed with many of their rankings but that discrepency is hard to ignore. Gallo is easily the better SF. He has more to his game than Chandler. There is more to basketball than defense and athleticism.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
So Chandler/Haslem/Carmelo got caught with weed so that makes them a
less of a player? right.
Here is a question for u, this time last year who did u think was going to be
the Knicks starting SG? and what position did Nate play when he came off
the bench for the Knicks in the 2006 to 2008 season?

It has nothing to do with me hating on Gallo
I hated Isiah for giving his pet player Marbury/Crawford 36 minutes
of playingtime as a Knick.
And I hate Damntoni for chosing his Pet player Gallo over an entire team
of players. That 1-11 start last season was personal.
Gallo and Duhon flaws in the first 4 months of Knick Basketball was equal.
Gallo and Duhon (both) shouldnt have average over 24 minutes of playingtime
last season.
What will happen this upcoming season?
hint.... Eddie House got DNP the last 8 games of the season.

Carmelo can afford to get caught with weed cause he's the best scorer in the league.

Can't say the same for Chandler.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I think it just boils down to Gallo being very difficult to replace.

A 6'10" PF with a 3-point shot isn't exactly very easy to find.

Whereas a 6'7" athletic SF isn't exactly RARE, or anything like that. I mean, hell, we have Landry Fields who is a less athletic (but much smarter and much more driven and determined) version of Wilson Chandler as it is. I speculated on draft night that Walsh picked up Landry Fields whose game was much like Chandler's solely because he knew Chandler could be very valuable as a trade chip...

Gallo has a better skill set and more potential than Wilson however they are not that far apart Wilson can easily get in the gym and improve his shooting and handling and Gallo can work out in the gym and improve athleticism and defense.

I think all these threads are useless because its not like we are trading one for the other we should keep both and find minutes for both. Right now they are young impact player who can be groomed into great players (Gallo 3-4 allstars Wilson 1-2 allstars) We should build them up and not make threads putting them against each other because at the end of the day they are still Knicks.

Toney-Gallo-Wilson-Randolph
is a great young core something we haven't had in a while we should be happy:beer:

portega1968

El Cacique
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

Chandler is more complete. i believe gallo will improve next season

This Gallo vs Chandler question has hit so many Knick forums and Knick subjects.

Kiya, you know that post of yours is totally misleading, because where you grabbed it from, 13 of 15 responses favored Gallo.

Resorting to manipulating and spining only proves your arguments are weak and have basically conceded.

:peace:

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Gallo has a better skill set and more potential than Wilson however they are not that far apart Wilson can easily get in the gym and improve his shooting and handling and Gallo can work out in the gym and improve athleticism and defense.

I think all these threads are useless because its not like we are trading one for the other we should keep both and find minutes for both. Right now they are young impact player who can be groomed into great players (Gallo 3-4 allstars Wilson 1-2 allstars) We should build them up and not make threads putting them against each other because at the end of the day they are still Knicks.

is a great young core something we haven't had in a while we should be happy:beer:
:agreed:
The positive on both players rather than put one above/or over the other.
Great Post!
Especially for alot of members & fans that refuse to watch half of the Knicks
games last season which was Gallo's first full season in the NBA, their selection
of Gallo over Chandler is on their friends opinion.

Toney-Gallo-Wilson-Randolph .....dont leave out 2nd round pick Landry Fields
he look like another explosion steal in the draft.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Kiya, you know that post of yours is totally misleading, because where you grabbed it from, 13 of 15 responses favored Gallo.

Resorting to manipulating and spining only proves your arguments are weak and have basically conceded.

:peace:

Thank u
That is the point I am making.
Alot of fans and members of so many different forums had so many excuses
for not watching so many Knick Games last season, where they had to result
in reading the Knicks stats after the game, asking questions about the game
the next day in the forum, are the same members/fans that was quick to
respond to this Gallo vs Chandler thread and vote Gallo over Chandler.
Gallo first full season in the NBA was the season these same fans watch less
Knick Basketball than the previous seasons.
Its not hard to figure out
:smokin::smokin::smokin:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Thank u
That is the point I am making.
Alot of fans and members of so many different forums had so many excuses
for not watching so many Knick Games last season, where they had to result
in reading the Knicks stats after the game, asking questions about the game
the next day in the forum, are the same members/fans that was quick to
respond to this Gallo vs Chandler thread and vote Gallo over Chandler.
Gallo first full season in the NBA was the season these same fans watch less
Knick Basketball than the previous seasons.
Its not hard to figure out
:smokin::smokin::smokin:

But, as always, it's so easy to assume isn't it.

Sorry Kiya, but if you're just going to make assumptions and believe them, then I'm gonna have to say - You're smarter than that. You know that's not how things work.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star

The question isn't whether or not Wilson can improve, it's more whether or not he actually wants to...

All Chandler needs is to not worry about being lifted off of the roster like so many of his former team mates were, that alone can take away your desire. Gallo never had that feeling of being traded because Zeke didn't bring him here, plus he's the coach's pet. Wilson played hurt last year and still excell in many areas on the court...where as Gallo was stuck on the arch chucking up jumpshots. IMHO, if these two went one on one I'm sure Wilson will come out on top. But, since coach is trying to make a player out of Gallo and look out for his fam and an obvious fan base... Wilson will most likely get slighted...but, that's nothing new in this world. Wilson is way more versatile, and that weak Mix with Gallo clearly shows his weaknesses and how hard it was for the person to put together a highlite reel for the guy. Man, that must have been very time consuming, lol. nice try thou...

LJ4ptplay

Starter
All Chandler needs is to not worry about being lifted off of the roster like so many of his former team mates were, that alone can take away your desire. Gallo never had that feeling of being traded because Zeke didn't bring him here, plus he's the coach's pet. Wilson played hurt last year and still excell in many areas on the court...where as Gallo was stuck on the arch chucking up jumpshots. IMHO, if these two went one on one I'm sure Wilson will come out on top. But, since coach is trying to make a player out of Gallo and look out for his fam and an obvious fan base... Wilson will most likely get slighted...but, that's nothing new in this world. Wilson is way more versatile, and that weak Mix with Gallo clearly shows his weaknesses and how hard it was for the person to put together a highlite reel for the guy. Man, that must have been very time consuming, lol. nice try thou...

Where are the Chandler highlight reels?

The only one I have seen has only three plays shown at different angles. And it is obvious that he can only drive right. That is his only move.

Where are the Chandler highlight reels?

The only one I have seen has only three plays shown at different angles. And it is obvious that he can only drive right. That is his only move.

If I had the time...better yet, the desire to find/make a highlite reel for Chandler, it would not only show him driving from various angles, but highlite the other intangebles that often go unnotice in the eyes of people who don't know how to actually play B-Ball. Besides, I've seen enough courtside games to know first hand what's real and what's being fabricated.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Chandlers has been injured as often as Randolph so if your going to throw out Randolph in the convo, then Chandlers has to go as well.

I see what your saying but if we are looking at those three guys it would be:
Randolph
Gallo
Chandler

Randolph has impressed as much as any player has, he is just inconsistent, Gallo was with his shooting slump and Chandler is consistently bad or good.

Randolph is not better than Gallo now nor will he ever be. Mark it down! :peace:

Paul1355

All Star
Randolph is not better than Gallo now nor will he ever be. Mark it down! :peace:
Gallo will never have the defensive skills of Randolph

Randolph is 100 times better on defense, blocking shots, has more athleticism, ball handling skills, higher vertical, i think he is an inch taller with a biger wingspan....the only thing Randolph needs is minutes and a jump shot.

Randolph could easily be the better all around all star.

Gallo could be the better offensive threat/ go-to-guy

Really it is Dirk(gallo) vs skinney Lebron with no shot or passing game(Randolph)

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Gallo will never have the defensive skills of Randolph

Randolph is 100 times better on defense, blocking shots, has more athleticism, ball handling skills, higher vertical, i think he is an inch taller with a biger wingspan....the only thing Randolph needs is minutes and a jump shot.

Randolph could easily be the better all around all star.

Gallo could be the better offensive threat/ go-to-guy

Really it is Dirk(gallo) vs skinney Lebron with no shot or passing game(Randolph)

How can Randolph be an All-Star if he doesn't even have the remote possibility of being a go-to-guy???

And pls don't put that Nellie cast-off in the same sentence as Lebron.

Yes Dirk and Gallo are comparable. One can see the similarities in their games respectively-- but AR to Lebron... common, pls.

To me, AR has not shown in any way thus far in his career that he can be anywhere close to the level of the guy you're comparing him to. :cool: