Carmelo Anthony Off-Season Conditioning

CA7

Scoring Champ
via twitter

Carmelo Anthony ‏@carmeloanthony
Great Sunday Morning workout!!!!!!

MeloWorkout.jpg

Cant lie I'm happy to see this, hopefully there's more we cant have any off days between him, STAT and Tyson. Hopefully they get in their together and STAT and Tyson can help Melo with his physique mainly abs and down.

I think we can stop questioning his work ethic IF this keeps up

Last edited:

fender0577

Rotation player
via twitter

Carmelo Anthony ‏@carmeloanthony
Great Sunday Morning workout!!!!!!

MeloWorkout.jpg

Cant lie I'm happy to see this, hopefully there's more we cant have any off days between him, STAT and Tyson. Hopefully they get in their together and STAT and Tyson can help Melo with his physique mainly abs and down.

I think we can stop questioning his work ethic IF this keeps up
Yeah i was thinking the same thing, i want to see those 3 together in the off-season, so they can buid their chemistry.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Yeah i was thinking the same thing, i want to see those 3 together in the off-season, so they can buid their chemistry.

yeah we need them to mesh when on the court together. It seems we're at our best when its just 2

Anthony/Chandler
Anthony/Stoudemire
Chandler/Stoudemire

in that order

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Great news and pics. Never gets old seeing and taking pics of the New York bridges.

Hopefully aside from post moves, Olajuwon is helping Amar'e with his ball handling.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Its great he's getting geared up for the Olympics. I hope working with Kobe and the other guys inspire him to improve his conditioning, much like in their previous Olympic run in 2008

CA7

Scoring Champ
After Melo's 2008 Olympic run him and Kobe got a great relationship going. Melo responded and lead the Nuggets to the WCF and came within a few key mistakes of going to the Finals.

Melo is focused I feel it I see him going to that Elite level consistently next year I'm saying 29 and 10 a game yeah its far fetched but I got faith in my guy.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
After Melo's 2008 Olympic run him and Kobe got a great relationship going. Melo responded and lead the Nuggets to the WCF and came within a few key mistakes of going to the Finals.

Melo is focused I feel it I see him going to that Elite level consistently next year I'm saying 29 and 10 a game yeah its far fetched but I got faith in my guy.

29 and 10 would be great for him, but the Knicks don't need him to be a dominating player, they need him to be a winning leader, if that makes sense.

Whenever Melo tries to do too much scoring, the whole offensive flow of the team is in chaos. We have enough talent in this team (when healthy) to be a well balanced offensive team.

CA7

Scoring Champ
29 and 10 would be great for him, but the Knicks don't need him to be a dominating player, they need him to be a winning leader, if that makes sense.

Whenever Melo tries to do too much scoring, the whole offensive flow of the team is in chaos. We have enough talent in this team (when healthy) to be a well balanced offensive team.

In theory you're right but we do need him to be a dominate player not only scoring wise but on the boards, defending and playing within the flow of the team example

in this game he was DOMINATE and ha 35 points, 12 rebounds and 10 assists

I know every game he wont have a triple double but with that focus on the game and being a complete player we have a way better chance at winning then trying to be a team like the Sixers, Pacers, Nuggets or Jazz

KD is THE dominate guy in OKC

LBJ is THE dominate guy in MIA

Kobe, CP3, D12 and D.Rose the list goes on

We need the Melo from April from April now on. Let him make the decisions, run it through him. What happens when we turn Melo into a "role player" or "just another guy" is he tends to have to force up shots because there's never anything there for him as the play wasn't set for him to go anywhere with it. If we take away Melo or even STAT's ability to be aggressive scorers we put ourselves into bigger holes. But its up to STAT and Melo to understand when to be aggressive and for the role players to understand how to play off of our star players. Miami does it, OKC does it, SAS does it, Chicago does it why cant we

fender0577

Rotation player
In theory you're right but we do need him to be a dominate player not only scoring wise but on the boards, defending and playing within the flow of the team example

in this game he was DOMINATE and ha 35 points, 12 rebounds and 10 assists

I know every game he wont have a triple double but with that focus on the game and being a complete player we have a way better chance at winning then trying to be a team like the Sixers, Pacers, Nuggets or Jazz

KD is THE dominate guy in OKC

LBJ is THE dominate guy in MIA

Kobe, CP3, D12 and D.Rose the list goes on

We need the Melo from April from April now on. Let him make the decisions, run it through him. What happens when we turn Melo into a "role player" or "just another guy" is he tends to have to force up shots because there's never anything there for him as the play wasn't set for him to go anywhere with it. If we take away Melo or even STAT's ability to be aggressive scorers we put ourselves into bigger holes. But its up to STAT and Melo to understand when to be aggressive and for the role players to understand how to play off of our star players. Miami does it, OKC does it, SAS does it, Chicago does it why cant we
:agreed::agreed::agreed:

Kiyaman

Legend

The only conditioning & workout Melo need to do in the offseason are to get familiuar with his teammates.....
Melo learned nothing in the 2008 Olympics, Kobe/Lebron/Wade/Bosh and the rest of the star players
on the USA team improve on their passing-skills and screen movements by letting Melo be the scorer.
It's a known fact that Chuancey Billups strong leadership took George Karl & Melo to the WCF in 2008-9 season.
It was so much of a fact, rumors had George Karl sit out the next season with injuries.

A focus Melo would spend alot of time this offseason working-out with Tyson, Stat, Fields, and Lin.
Melo never worked-out with Camby, K.Mart, and Miller in the offseason.

tiger0330

Legend
Alright, so he took a bike ride.

I want to see him in the squat rack. And I want results next season, damnit.
A bike ride in Manhattan, not exactly like doing the Tour de France in the Swiss Alps.

Dude is strong enough so I don't think he has to lift much but Woody has questioned his conditioning and he see's him in practice so Melo probably could use more cardio.

ChrisN7

Benchwarmer
Glad to see he is keeping in shape with the Olympics coming up, especially as I have tickets to see USA v Argentina in the preliminary round!

BananaSauce

Benchwarmer
biking is actual good way to burn calories and keeping it low impact on joints.

he should add row boating for arms and core.

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
It amazes me how most people think that more muscle definition = guaranteed better basketball from the given player.

Ignorance is rife on this forum. Everyone wants Melo to get in better shape, but why? It's not affecting his game in the least, he is still playing at a very high level. The whole team was out of sync at the start but Melo played out of his mind in April!

Melo's BF% is still quite low, definately under 10%.

He know's his body better than anyone, people only want to see him get more muscle definition because MOST of the players in the league play better this way, not all.

Kiyaman

Legend
Rumor has it Carmelo doesn't like exercise.

Gotta get on Starbury's level.

Real Talk .... Melo is already on Starbury's level.

Great post for this thread.....Marbury always started every season physically
condition for a 82 game season. Marbury always received an A+ for conditioning.
And a big fat "F" for failure for never working-out and conditioning himself with
any of his teammates during the offseason. Marbury was always about Marbury,
as if Marbury were competing against his teammates.
Iso-Marbury great conditioning never co-exist with any of his teammates.
Does Marbury remind u of a player on our team?