Why are we trading for Melo when we could be trading for...

DieHardPassion

Benchwarmer
MARC GASOL - He'll make our team COMPLETE. Just think about it, we'll have a great bench and starting five. I seriously think we're championship material with Gasol. He tough and plays great defense at 7'1. He's going to be as good as Pau Gasol.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
Knicks have nothing to offer to replace Marc Gasol and the Grizzlies want to extend his contract. Marc Gasol would be a huge help but not possible. I tried to come up with a reasonable trade but couldn't.

DieHardPassion

Benchwarmer
Knicks have nothing to offer to replace Marc Gasol and the Grizzlies want to extend his contract. Marc Gasol would be a huge help but not possible. I tried to come up with a reasonable trade but couldn't.

It's most likely going to be a 3 way trade. Memphis will be looking for a center back and Knicks will probably have to give up a pick and either chandler or gallo. I'm not willing to give up gallo cause he just fits this system. So a 3 way trade, knicks wil give up 2nd round picks chandler, walker, mozgov or turiaf for gasol

Which is worth it

Toons

is the Bo$$
because melo is better than marc gasol. when you pick position over talent you end up with kwame brown and darko milcic

New New York

Quiet Storm
because melo is better than marc gasol. when you pick position over talent you end up with kwame brown and darko milcic

well put!

I agree Marc Gasol would help, but not worth an all out effort to obtain!

Escpecially when you consider that Mozgov can be just as good as he adjusts to the game.

Gasol will be a player we consider this summer, but I dont think we are going to jump off a building if we dont get him.

Toons

is the Bo$$
we are not gettin gasol

i want him too, but a more realistic goal would be thabeet. a project yes...but i see him as the next mutumbo

Kiyaman

Legend
It's most likely going to be a 3 way trade. Memphis will be looking for a center back and Knicks will probably have to give up a pick and either chandler or gallo. I'm not willing to give up gallo cause he just fits this system. So a 3 way trade, knicks wil give up 2nd round picks chandler, walker, mozgov or turiaf for gasol

Which is worth it

u started this "THREAD" with the number #1 player the Knicks should be
in pursuit for right now. Then u go and mess-up the thread by offering
one of the Knicks winning "SF-TRIO" lineup. WTF!
Dont let the Felton / Amare 30+ points winning streak blind u on the
outstanding performance we got in each of our wins this season from
a "SF-TRIO" lineup of Fields/Gallo/Chandler gellin chemistry on both sides
of the court, I expect the 3-players to improve their gellin more by midseason.
All 3 (SF) players should be "KEEPERS" for the next 3 to 4 seasons.

The Knicks dont need any more SF on the roster, not even a high scoring
Carmelo Anthony. The Knicks SF-position has been covered above-average
by multi-tactical offense/defense players.
The Knicks could really use another headcoach who have experience
coaching (and developing) bigmen.

Our Euro-League coaching style is cute but not fit for NBA B.Ball.
Azu final year contract was useless in the offseason trade b/c Azu wont
be 95% healthy untill the 2011-12 season. We signed Mason Jr. and
picked up Walkers option for the SG position. Which Fields & Douglas
has been providing their services to the 48 min SG position.
The trade for PF-Anthony Randolph has turned into a useless waste by
refusing to develope Randolph's defensive rebounding & shotblocking skills
with his teammates or in a 2nd unit. AR steady DNP has the Knicks using
SF-Chandler / SF-Gallo / and PF-Turiaf to provide their services at the
48 minute PF position.
Amare is still playing the small center in Dantoni's rotation for 38 mpg,
with Mozgov & Turiaf dividing the 10 minutes service at the center position.

SG-Jermain Taylor scoring for Mason or Walker
PF-Frye or Camby for Anthony Randolph or Mozgov
C-Gasol for ??? Memphis GM will lose his job if he let Gasol go to the next team.
Damn! Gasol would be the perfect player to add to this Knick team
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
:gony:

Paul1355

All Star

Which is worth it
bro switching Gallo and Marc Gasol would bring heaven on earth to this team. Amare can't play Center for more than ten minutes a night, i refuse to believe this guy can hold his own at center when he is a true PF

Amare can block shots but to avoid foul trouble he needs to face PF's on defense or else we get killed in the post.

Turiaf needs to play more, Chandler/Gallo needs to play less.

Gasol is a tough big dude that would make Mozgov so much better by just learning from him

Felton
Fields
Chandler
Amare
Gasol

oh yea...better than our team now with Gallo...you know it

iSaYughh

Starter
We can't rely on Mozgov. Not if you want to be a winner now,and expect the team to be a winner now.

M.Gasol is the guy I've been nut hugging for us to get all season.

But it won't be by trade. Griz want him. He is their future C. This is why they've cleared some extra cap to overpay if need be.

This is also why it will be extremely tough to get him and Melo. Look at Haywood's recent contract...and the Griz want to keep Gasol by re-signing.

STAT is a proven all-star C, so it's not like he can't fulfill a 5 spot. We just need to bring in some legit size and more traditonal big man complimentary players.

If we don't get Melo we do what it takes to get Gasol, and Big Baby who can be had from Boston.

We also trade for Mayo. Which we should have already done, ideally. He had a monster game yesterday or day before after getting put back into the starting lineup.

Ideally, we trade for Melo, trade for Mayo, and get Big Baby or a complimentary big man we can bring into the game situationally who won't command starter dollars.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
What about Emeka Okafur? Trade Azubuike, Mozgov and Mason + cash. These are all expiring contracts and allows a desperate N.O. franchise to dump a lot of salary. They have been losing a lot recently and with the NBA stepping in to help financially, this deal has a good chance.

Then trade Curry's expiring contract + Anthony Randolph for either Andre Igudoula or Kevin Martin. AI is nice for defense and is a legit player/almost all-star but poor 3-point shooting. KMart can score with the best of them and is a good 3-point shooter (can be injury prone though). Okafur gives us the rebounding/shot-blocking center we need and would be the perfect compliment to Amare.

PG-Felton
SG-Igudoula (or KMart)
SF-Gallo
PF-Amare
C-Okafur

w/ Douglas, Fields, Chandler and Turiaf off the bench.

That team is very solid. With Iggy, that is a great defensive team. KMart probably fits better with the system and provides another scoring option that will open up the pick-and-roll for Amare and Felton. It also allows Chandler to be a scoring punch off the bench, which he was great at for the start of the season.

This team would be better than a team gutted for Melo. Still though, signing Melo this summer makes us legit contenders.

*sighs* I wish Melo would either say he won't accept a trade and will wait until the summer or sign with NJ so we can move on and continue building this team. I tired of being in limbo.

la2ny

Starter
What about Emeka Okafur? Trade Azubuike, Mozgov and Mason + cash. These are all expiring contracts and allows a desperate N.O. franchise to dump a lot of salary. They have been losing a lot recently and with the NBA stepping in to help financially, this deal has a good chance.

Then trade Curry's expiring contract + Anthony Randolph for either Andre Igudoula or Kevin Martin. AI is nice for defense and is a legit player/almost all-star but poor 3-point shooting. KMart can score with the best of them and is a good 3-point shooter (can be injury prone though). Okafur gives us the rebounding/shot-blocking center we need and would be the perfect compliment to Amare.

PG-Felton
SG-Igudoula (or KMart)
SF-Gallo
PF-Amare
C-Okafur

w/ Douglas, Fields, Chandler and Turiaf off the bench.

That team is very solid. With Iggy, that is a great defensive team. KMart probably fits better with the system and provides another scoring option that will open up the pick-and-roll for Amare and Felton. It also allows Chandler to be a scoring punch off the bench, which he was great at for the start of the season.

This team would be better than a team gutted for Melo. Still though, signing Melo this summer makes us legit contenders.

*sighs* I wish Melo would either say he won't accept a trade and will wait until the summer or sign with NJ so we can move on and continue building this team. I tired of being in limbo.
like it but i dont see Kmart or Emeka being traded. 1.NOH are vying for the playoffs which is attractive to the fanbase which is what they need right now to attract potential buyers.Nobody wants something thats not going to sell. 2.Houston knows w/o Kmart they have no no.1 option and they are still competitive for the playoffs so i dont see that happening. Iggy is the only realistic one I can see and his 3 point shooting would kill us against a Boston or Miami in the playoffs because of this system we run,they will just sag on him like teams do Rondo and if he doesn't hit em Amare will continue getting doubled and tripled

mafra

Legend
Zaxh Randolph is a free agent as well.

Probably would have to be Chandler-Randolph for Mayo-Gasol type deal... Maybe we get a 1st and they get Walker-Mozgov. Who knows.

Anything is possible. I imagine we blow Gasol away with mega deal, if we don't get Carmelo. Might be too rich for MEM too match.

Maybe we should wonder aloud about NENE?