Welcome Cleanthony Early with the 34th pick

petescud

Starter
Looks like a young Kobe to me. I lived where he is from (Middletown NY) but moved before he was playing, but he looks like a nice 2nd rd pick....scored 39 in one game (avg 17 i believe)....sure he's raw as heck....played for Witchita St

RunningJumper

Super Moderator

petescud

Starter
Thanks RJ with the specifics ....the guy looks like asleeper

with our next pick we got a 7 Footer from Greece ...don't know much about him

My snap reaction to Early is that he was far and away the best available at 34 and that he definitely should be a rotation player at the NBA level, but he is the dreaded PF/SF tweener who may not fit either spot well in the NBA. Worst case scenario for us, he joins our current league of misfit forwards and gives us some depth off the bench who can put the ball in the hole.

Not going to even attempt his name, but the guy we got at 51 has a 7 foot wingspan, but is only 6'6" tall.

tiger0330

Legend
Love that he's a New York kid and an underdog like Jamario Moon. He played community college ball in Sullivan county before transferring to Witchita St. Had a monster game against Randal the 7th pick, looking forward to seeing him play in the summer league.

CoolClyde

man, just think about what Knicks picked up for Tyson Chandler and Raymond Felton... Cleanthony is just the icing on the cake; I watch his 2014 undefeated Wichita State team a few times this year, and he was the star! hitting 3's at will, and putting the Shockers on his back for victory after victory. 4 year collegian, 23 years old, he's NBA ready. GREAT pick up! so psyched!

tiger0330

Legend

He's the brother of the Greek kid that plays for the Bucks. He's not 7ft, 7ft wingspan maybe and he played in the DLeague so he may play if he makes the team rather than being stashed away in Europe like a lot of 2nd round euro guys.

petescud

Starter
OK cool, sorry i thought i read 7' tall....PS: thought his last name looked familiar....his brother looks like a lot of potentail too. Then we got a 3rd pick via of cash from the pacers....That kid looks like a shot blocking machine

and Clyde nailed it....who would had thought Chandler and Felton would net us this....so far Jax looks like the man with a plan....

CoolClyde

^great video, thanks for posting. the kid's a stud with potentially a pure shot. well-rounded and ready for prime time. i liked what the dude said about him at end of vid. do it clean!

Broadway

All Star
I like his knack for scoring the basketball and his physical tools to help us contain the perimeter, but I think he's 2yrs away from being a staple on this team.

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
Honestly think this is a great pick, also to the point that self explanatory that Knicks' Brass are preparing that Melo isn't returning... Hope for the best prepare for the worst any smart General Manager would take this approach... Early should be able to step as a solid role player for his rookie season... Might take a full season before we see the real value he brings to the table but with the right coaching this kid could eventually crack the starting 5...

vrgadin

Benchwarmer
Yes....WELCOME! I have no clue how you fell to us at 34, from what iv seen you deserve at least a mid first round. But im selfish, and im glad you are a knick! show em all what you got!

vrgadin

Benchwarmer
on a side note, i stayed awake until like pick 25 and all rose was saying was CLEANTHONY. i had to be up at 5 for work so i went to sleep dreaming, ......wouldnt that be crazy if.......i woke up looked online saw him a knick and i felt like i won the lotto

pat

Starter
Phil is picking up small forwards who might be able to play the 4 as well. I think he is sending a message to someone.