The End is Near.

So I guess we gotta hope for losses these next two games....if we win it had better be because we've turned the corner collectively..not some fluke job.

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
After seeing a cohesive offense that looked like there was some semblance of a coach's influence I think I'm ready to give him until all star break. That was a different team out there tuesday night. Not a ton of 3s (only one i didnt agree with, wtf was melo thinking), 60% from the field, melo and stat combined for 9 assists, we got production out of atm and landry without any of them taking a lot of shots. This offense can function today as long as mda is running plays.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
After seeing a cohesive offense that looked like there was some semblance of a coach's influence I think I'm ready to give him until all star break. That was a different team out there tuesday night. Not a ton of 3s (only one i didnt agree with, wtf was melo thinking), 60% from the field, melo and stat combined for 9 assists, we got production out of atm and landry without any of them taking a lot of shots. This offense can function today as long as mda is running plays.

I agree it was nice to see but it was against the Pistons. We should still sack the dickhead though.

It was against the pistons... We beat them the exact same way earlier in the year. They're not good.

KingofNy

Starter
I agree it was nice to see but it was against the Pistons. We should still sack the dickhead though.

Even in the win against the Pistons he STILL GAVE Douglas and Giraffries 20+ minutes and had our bench outscore them in 1/4 of the minutes. He only coaches half-way decent when we're hitting on all strides. When we start losing in a game he glues his @ss to the bench and doesn't coach. I can't wait for him to be fired so we can start winning again using a REAL NBA SYSTEM under a DECENT coach who plays THE RIGHT PLAYERS and doesn't outcast good guys.

Seba

Benchwarmer
Let's just all hope that the cure isn't worse than the disease.

Thinking again, few men could have this team at 8-16, so let's do it.

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
its not about the score its about the way the offense played. if you cant see that they were cohesive and the offense flowed just leave. if a pitcher hits 100 mph are you gonna discount it because its against the royals?

CoolClyde

WTF is The Daily?

http://www.thedaily.com/page/2012/02/01/020112-gossip-briefs-1-2/

COACH D’ANTONI TO BE NIXED BY THE KNICKS
New York Knicks coach Mike D’Antoni (pictured) is a dead man walking. Sources say the team’s owner, Cablevision heir James Dolan, decided to fire D’Antoni last week after the Knicks lost to the mediocre Houston Rockets, their ninth loss in 10 games. “But Dolan wants the least coverage possible, so he’ll do it right before the Super Bowl,” one source told Flash. After expected back-to-back losses to Chicago and Boston, Dolan will pull the trigger the day before the biggest sports event of the year, and replace D’Antoni with Mike Woodson, a favorite of Dolan’s shadow consigliere, Isiah Thomas.

IDK, the source aka "Flash" (Gordon?) also comments on "Glee" romance & Matt Damon chomping on gum...
WTF? I guess rumors gotta start somewhere.

Guess I have to root for Knicks to lose a couple... gladly...

Last edited:
http://www.thedaily.com/page/2012/02/01/020112-gossip-briefs-1-2/

COACH D’ANTONI TO BE NIXED BY THE KNICKS
New York Knicks coach Mike D’Antoni (pictured) is a dead man walking. Sources say the team’s owner, Cablevision heir James Dolan, decided to fire D’Antoni last week after the Knicks lost to the mediocre Houston Rockets, their ninth loss in 10 games. “But Dolan wants the least coverage possible, so he’ll do it right before the Super Bowl,” one source told Flash. After expected back-to-back losses to Chicago and Boston, Dolan will pull the trigger the day before the biggest sports event of the year, and replace D’Antoni with Mike Woodson, a favorite of Dolan’s shadow consigliere, Isiah Thomas.

IDK, the source aka "Flash" (Gordon?) also comments on "Glee" romance & Matt Damon chomping on gum...
WTF? I guess rumors gotta start somewhere.

Guess I have to root for Knicks to lose a couple... gladly...

If true, this should have been done before the season started. Everyone and their mother knew MDAs flawed coaching style wouldnt work.

If I was Dolan when I walked into the my first practice and saw Jorts practicing 3 pointers instead of post moves I would have fired MDA on the spot...

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I don't know if replacing D'Antoni with Woodson is such a good idea. He's known of his unwatchable isolation offense. Obviously, both Anthony and Stoudemire would be well operating in his system, however from our perspective the Knicks will definately look boring. Of course, I stand for getting rid of D'Antoni as soon as possible, but only if we have a solid replacement. Woodson doesn't guarantee any form of solid and watchable offense and in this situation I'd prefer to let D'Antoni work his contract and hire a proven coach with some knowledge about offense. Besides, remember that Woodson had only two winning seasons with Atlanta, he won't be any improvement as the Knicks head coach.

I don't know if replacing D'Antoni with Woodson is such a good idea. He's known of his unwatchable isolation offense. Obviously, both Anthony and Stoudemire would be well operating in his system, however from our perspective the Knicks will definately look boring. Of course, I stand for getting rid of D'Antoni as soon as possible, but only if we have a solid replacement. Woodson doesn't guarantee any form of solid and watchable offense and in this situation I'd prefer to let D'Antoni work his contract and hire a proven coach with some knowledge about offense. Besides, remember that Woodson had only two winning seasons with Atlanta, he won't be any improvement as the Knicks head coach.

If the offense and defense are effective and produce wins I dont care if its as boring as watching a bunch of three year olds playing...

Paul1355

All Star

Woodsons inability to bring Atlanta to a championship with a stacked team did suprise me, kind of reminds of Mike D in Phoenix.

However, like you said, we should all sign up for Mike D to be fired.

I don't care who the coach is. Someone has to be better than Mike D right now.

The team is so excited about winning against the Pistons, the Pistons are now 4-20! they are terrible.

i hope this report is true.

But watch the Knicks beat the Bulls and Celtics and somehow Mike D lingers here.