Nets sign Kirilenko for taxpayer MLE

New New York

Quiet Storm
It's sad to see depressed Knick fans convince themselves that this team will somehow continue to contend without change.

You said a familiar coach with a team who's been playing the same way for 2 years.

Atleast 70% of the teams in the East figured the Knicks out. We had our wins against Miami, even the Spurs...but into 2013 teams recognized the Knicks simpleness and destroyed them.

We haven't adjusted or change....we got exposed in the playoffs for that.

Current Tyson Chandler is a weak player...so is Amare Stoudemire.

Best big man last season was Kenyon Martin and he only played like 20 games.

Nets frontcourt is Garnett(elite defensive big man who doesn't age...his game doesn't rely on quickness or athleticism) Lopez (top 3 center) and Kirilenko(one of the most versatile players in the world)

Knicks don't have two way players like that.

Melo - offense
Amare - offense
Chandler - rebounding

and what's the logic of Aaron Brooks playing over Prigioni who's the best passer and defensive PG we have this roster? Wheres the ball movement in your lineup? Do you ever consider using basketball logic?

Bargnani playing the 3? I guess you think he'll be great defensive guarding perimeter players, genius....

Well Metro assuming you have never coached or played (or seemingly watched Knick games to see the d we use at times) then I assume you have never heard of a "Zone Defense" this is when you do not have players guard a specific players but rather zones on the floor (hence the name) this is how you play Andrea at the SF..I mean Novak was just as bad at perimeter D but you had to play him SF...he'd suck at D no matter where you put him, news flash Ace he's not here to defend he is here to create offensive mismatches.

By current Tyson do you mean the one who came back fr the playoffs after missing weeks and looked out of sync? Or the anchor to our D the past 2 season... What's sad is how fast fans can flip flop off a bad showing and not examine the facts of the matter...

And about KG...if he's so ageless how come his productivity and minutes have dipped each of the last 3 seasons?

You claim Lopez is a top 3 Center yet he could not dominate a depleted Chicago front out? The best player they had on him was a one legged Noah! Lopez is cut from the same cloth as Eddy Curry

Big Offseason moves don't gas me...give me the additions I said and again we can win against anyone

bigapple

Starter
I wana se Andrea vs Lopez both 7 footers both can shoot both r quick both can dunk Anrea can shoot 3s

no competition for Chanlder he can just dunk nothing more

he need 2 know how to play center from The Dream

Nets got 4 shooters Will SOn of John Garnett Pierce

how many Knicks fans will b traded to Nets just b4 beginnin new season

no Back2back games for STAT which means more time for others

most important shape of JR and his head

IMHO still Pacers only team that can compete with Da Heat they forced them to game 7 and i am still curious HOW would that series b without game winner in game 1 Lebron. They added Cope which was barely used in playoffs he can also hurt Heat.
Wade health status is also key factor of Heat status LEbron will not win everything.

DrB

Benchwarmer
Not sure how they did it since Kirilenko opted out of a 10M deal with MN to pursue a long term deal. The Spurs were offering him 8-9M but couldn't pull off a SnT with MN to obtain him so I'm scratching my head on how the Nets got him.

Excellent pickup for the Nets. That team is going to make JKidd look good his first year as head coach.
The Russian team owner will deposit some RUBLES in his mother's BANK ACCOUNT in MOSCOW.

metrocard

Legend
When have you coached or played before? Shut your fat mouth up. Don't say something when you hold no weight in that department. I'm a boxer, not a basketball player. But I'm a Knicks fan and a life long NBA fan. Stop acting like "Zone Defense" is a complex thing, it isn't.

What makes you think a guy like Andrea can play zone defense? In zone defense, you need quick feet and lateral movement...Andrea can't guard a guy infront of him nor be a help defense or defend a zone. Your idea is poorly thought out like most of your post...stop posting mindless things. Andrea isn't a SF and will never be. He's a 7 foot long range shooter with an average post game. Defensively, he provides nothing except solid post defense he developed two years ago.

Chandler is damaged goods. He's not an anchor on defense. That was over 1-2 years ago. It's 2013 now. Chandler is almost 33 years old and has been playing NBA ball since he was 17. He has as much NBA mileage as Kevin Garnett...what mindless miracle are you wishing for? For Chandler to make a comeback season? We'll see it when it happens. For now, Chandler stinks due to his ****ty 12-13 season. From beginning to end. His defense was horrid in the first half, he gradually got better, but got injured and raped in the playoffs. Chandler always been injury prone, remember that. Has been since he was a Bull.

KG is a defensive anchor and kept the Celtics relative and an elite defensive squad. KG is 35 years old, what do you expect...for him to continue to producing all star numbers? He's still a game changer and an important player...his game doesn't rely on athleticism like Tyson, so when Chandler gets hurt, he's totally ineffective. KG is one of the most skilled big men of all time, and I hate his guts. But you gotta be a moron to think KG won't be a factor because he's "decline" the last 3 years as a 35 year old NBA vet...show me how many NBA 35 year olds DON'T decline at that timeline of their career.

You're an idiot. Lopez is easily a top 3-5 center and it's not debatable. Eddy Curry couldn't hold Lopez's nuts. Lopez actually doesn't turn the ball over and foul like Curry, actually block shots. Lopez averaged 23.5 ppg per 36 minutes on a 2.1 TO's per 36 rate...that's #1 amongst centers making Lopez the best scoring center in the league since Yao Ming. Lopez can block shots and his rebound isn't strong, but he can pull 8-9 rebounds a game and playing next to KG, it'll be tough for teams to battle against two 7 footers ...get real.

Well Metro assuming you have never coached or played (or seemingly watched Knick games to see the d we use at times) then I assume you have never heard of a "Zone Defense" this is when you do not have players guard a specific players but rather zones on the floor (hence the name) this is how you play Andrea at the SF..I mean Novak was just as bad at perimeter D but you had to play him SF...he'd suck at D no matter where you put him, news flash Ace he's not here to defend he is here to create offensive mismatches.

By current Tyson do you mean the one who came back fr the playoffs after missing weeks and looked out of sync? Or the anchor to our D the past 2 season... What's sad is how fast fans can flip flop off a bad showing and not examine the facts of the matter...

And about KG...if he's so ageless how come his productivity and minutes have dipped each of the last 3 seasons?

You claim Lopez is a top 3 Center yet he could not dominate a depleted Chicago front out? The best player they had on him was a one legged Noah! Lopez is cut from the same cloth as Eddy Curry

Big Offseason moves don't gas me...give me the additions I said and again we can win against anyone

johnk812

Rookie
Yup, NBA Off Season Champs taking the crown from the 2012 LA Lakers

^^This, but for different reasons.

82 regular season games. Inevitable playoff matchups with Miami/Chicago/Indiana. An aging roster.

Best team on paper, hands down. But I honestly don't see them getting past the ECF with all that age. And to me, Deron Williams is still the most overrated player in the East.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
When have you coached or played before? Shut your fat mouth up. Don't say something when you hold no weight in that department. I'm a boxer, not a basketball player. But I'm a Knicks fan and a life long NBA fan. Stop acting like "Zone Defense" is a complex thing, it isn't.

What makes you think a guy like Andrea can play zone defense? In zone defense, you need quick feet and lateral movement...Andrea can't guard a guy infront of him nor be a help defense or defend a zone. Your idea is poorly thought out like most of your post...stop posting mindless things. Andrea isn't a SF and will never be. He's a 7 foot long range shooter with an average post game. Defensively, he provides nothing except solid post defense he developed two years ago.

Chandler is damaged goods. He's not an anchor on defense. That was over 1-2 years ago. It's 2013 now. Chandler is almost 33 years old and has been playing NBA ball since he was 17. He has as much NBA mileage as Kevin Garnett...what mindless miracle are you wishing for? For Chandler to make a comeback season? We'll see it when it happens. For now, Chandler stinks due to his ****ty 12-13 season. From beginning to end. His defense was horrid in the first half, he gradually got better, but got injured and raped in the playoffs. Chandler always been injury prone, remember that. Has been since he was a Bull.

KG is a defensive anchor and kept the Celtics relative and an elite defensive squad. KG is 35 years old, what do you expect...for him to continue to producing all star numbers? He's still a game changer and an important player...his game doesn't rely on athleticism like Tyson, so when Chandler gets hurt, he's totally ineffective. KG is one of the most skilled big men of all time, and I hate his guts. But you gotta be a moron to think KG won't be a factor because he's "decline" the last 3 years as a 35 year old NBA vet...show me how many NBA 35 year olds DON'T decline at that timeline of their career.

You're an idiot. Lopez is easily a top 3-5 center and it's not debatable. Eddy Curry couldn't hold Lopez's nuts. Lopez actually doesn't turn the ball over and foul like Curry, actually block shots. Lopez averaged 23.5 ppg per 36 minutes on a 2.1 TO's per 36 rate...that's #1 amongst centers making Lopez the best scoring center in the league since Yao Ming. Lopez can block shots and his rebound isn't strong, but he can pull 8-9 rebounds a game and playing next to KG, it'll be tough for teams to battle against two 7 footers ...get real.

Good points

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2