Is Felton the worse starting PG?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Give me examples of why he's better one on one.

Did you forget about what he offensively did to the centers last year?

ok, wow. well.. stat is better face up player. he's alot quicker and more explosive than lee and any other forward in the LEAGUE. he can go around and over anyone and finish at the rim w authority. d lee cannot do any of what i've just mentioned at the level of amare, nor can any other foward in the NBA. THIS IS WHAT SETS HIM APART, what has made him a 5 time all-star. playing w nash helps but that's not enough.

lets see what else.. he's a better perimeter shooter. he can pull up from 18 feet and in, consistently. like 8 out of 10 consistently. lee's perimeter game while improved is not on amare's level.

need more?? ok.

he runs the floor better than d lee and just about any foward in the league. kg and bosh are close.

d lee is a better rebounder. that's all he does better tho. lesson over.:teeth:

iSaYughh

Starter
Rono, agree STAT is the better player, and I don't know how someone could truly disagree.

BUT, are you as sure he is better for US? Taking into account cap, injury, age, our supporting cast, and who we are gunning for (Melo).

Maybe he still is. But it's not as close as saying STAT is a better player.

I'd add passing, turnovers, and that ability to be smoothly "compliemtary" to Lee's +'s too. Not to mention durability (put age and contract aside).

Another major prob is that along with STAT being "better"...we were fed and digested his DOMINANCE and elite "1" status...And that being the most vital distinction between him and Lee.

Yet now it's all STAT *needs* a superstar. STAT *needs* a better PG than the one we already upgraded into. STAT needs a different coach.

These were the precise issues we weren't supposed to be bogged down by. He was intended to be a beacon of excellence, no questions asked. We'd save all that for the rest of the team.

I always wanted Lee + Morrow + TyrusT, but got on board the STAT wagon once he signed and fed myself all the talk of STAT's dominating differences in qualities to Lee. And now that all seems to be, if not wayward bullshit, much murkier than anyone expected.

jpz17

Starter
was Stat worth the money we paid him? Not a chance. Would I have not wanted to sign him? Not a chance. That was the cost for him so I'll suck it up.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
ok, wow. well.. stat is better face up player. he's alot quicker and more explosive than lee and any other forward in the LEAGUE. he can go around and over anyone and finish at the rim w authority. d lee cannot do any of what i've just mentioned at the level of amare, nor can any other foward in the NBA. THIS IS WHAT SETS HIM APART, what has made him a 5 time all-star. playing w nash helps but that's not enough.

lets see what else.. he's a better perimeter shooter. he can pull up from 18 feet and in, consistently. like 8 out of 10 consistently. lee's perimeter game while improved is not on amare's level.

need more?? ok.

he runs the floor better than d lee and just about any foward in the league. kg and bosh are close.

d lee is a better rebounder. that's all he does better tho. lesson over.:teeth:
That's all he does better? Ballhandling, passing, less turnover prone.

Lee's FG% was also better last year. I know stats isn't the answer to everything, but Lee does score consistently. Lee is playing on the Warriors just as well as the Knicks. A 100 million dollar player shoudn't NEED a PG to dominate. Howard's shot is nowhere near as good as Amar'e, but he's more of a scoring threat.

And that's kind of, if not exactly how I felt, iSaYughh, about Amar'e and me getting on board with him eventually.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
That play is setup by Nash.

I just think Lee has more skills offensively. Amar'e has the advantage of his strength and explosiveness. Lee did the pick and roll good with Duhon, that's saying something.

any idiot should pass the ball in that situation i think felton wouldve given him the ball in that situation....right? i hope he'd see him in that situation loll

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Rono, agree STAT is the better player, and I don't know how someone could truly disagree.

BUT, are you as sure he is better for US? Taking into account cap, injury, age, our supporting cast, and who we are gunning for (Melo).

Maybe he still is. But it's not as close as saying STAT is a better player.

I'd add passing, turnovers, and that ability to be smoothly "compliemtary" to Lee's +'s too. Not to mention durability (put age and contract aside).

Another major prob is that along with STAT being "better"...we were fed and digested his DOMINANCE and elite "1" status...And that being the most vital distinction between him and Lee.

Yet now it's all STAT *needs* a superstar. STAT *needs* a better PG than the one we already upgraded into. STAT needs a different coach.

These were the precise issues we weren't supposed to be bogged down by. He was intended to be a beacon of excellence, no questions asked. We'd save all that for the rest of the team.

I always wanted Lee + Morrow + TyrusT, but got on board the STAT wagon once he signed and fed myself all the talk of STAT's dominating differences in qualities to Lee. And now that all seems to be, if not wayward bullshit, much murkier than anyone expected.

i hear you, but no one great player is going to get it done in this league.

yes, stat may need a better PG. he may need nash to be uber-dominant and make shat look easy like he did in phoenix, but that doesn't take away from his greatness. he still gets it done w just an average PG, while being double and triple teamed as we've seen.

when did d lee ever get doubled?? he's never garnered that kind of attention because he's not like that.

so, i think amare is better for the knicks because of the attention he draws. it's weird because when he was w phoenix you couldn't double him that much because of their shooters. that's why they had four guys around him that could hit shots throughout a good portion of their games. with our team it's like we almost have to play the opposite- inside out- because our shooters aren't that dangerous. mike d is handcuffed in this way right now and so is amare. he used to get countless one on ones where he could just eat up his man on O. not so much now. we're just not that good as a team from the outside.

the problem is not stat. i think he's a better piece than lee by alot and right for this team. trust me lee could not do better. omg no..

if the gallo's, td's, chandler's and felton's of our team can just get more solid we'll be alright. we'll start pulling out some of these game, w emphasis on some. we need to hit our shots tho. god i sound like coach, but it really is the key to our O and it is possible to do it game in game out. phoenix still does and it's not just because of nash. those other guys hit their shots.

Last edited:

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Lee doesn't attempt to score as much though.

Lee for about 20 million less with (Felton?) and let's say Melo to me might be better.

Teams might have not game planned against Lee like Amar'e because Amar'e is a much bigger star. What if Lee was hyped up this much? Maybe you'd be changing your tune. Maybe players would be excited to play with Lee if he was that hyped. I'm sure there are a lot of teams who love him on their team.

Lee is closer to his star level than where Amar'e is. Very good, except Amar'e has been placed on the superstar level without being one. I don't care what anyone says. He power dunks. So what? Should I post a video of Lee dunking on Amar'e? No. Just because Lee doesn't always have these powerful dunks and such doesn't mean what he does isn't very impressive.

quiggle

Starter
you didn't see Lee post full page ads of himself in the newspaper drinking vitamin water

but you see this guy promoting those hypocrited PETA ink not mink garbage

didn't he say some quote that New York ain't for everybody but it's perfect for him, oh yeah he smart like that to make New York his promotional base. what are you doing always pointing your index finger like number 1, who the team nah you.

this guy got his max he will give nothing back to New York mark the words.

Paul1355

All Star
this thread is retarded, Amare just needs stupid Felton to learn a simple pick and roll...since Felton can't comprehend that and Mike D is also dumb...Amare is left looking bad to you guys.

Ill admit his turnovers are ridiculous but he should not be getting the ball 20 feet from the basket, ALL FELTON AND MIKE D's fault.

Amare is trying to create his own shot when that is not his game, and he still averages over 20 ppg.

This thread is a fail.

Amare and Fields are the only consistent Knicks.

metrocard

Legend
this thread is retarded, Amare just needs stupid Felton to learn a simple pick and roll...since Felton can't comprehend that and Mike D is also dumb...Amare is left looking bad to you guys.

Ill admit his turnovers are ridiculous but he should not be getting the ball 20 feet from the basket, ALL FELTON AND MIKE D's fault.

Amare is trying to create his own shot when that is not his game, and he still averages over 20 ppg.

This thread is a fail.

Amare and Fields are the only consistent Knicks.

Amare hasn't been anything special.

Fields and Chandler have been our best players.

Felton hasn't been bad at all either.

Felton
Fields
Chandler
Amare

We just need Gallo to start getting back to normal and we'll have a strong 5 core with Turiaf, Randolph, Walker and Douglas off the bench.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
I can`t believe that this thread even exists.

Amare is one of the greatest finishers in the game. Put him in a team with a pass first point guard and not Felton who has never heard of the pick and roll and Amare will be devestating.

Also, we have a coach who just wants players to shoot threes. If we had a coach who wanted to go inside then Amare would be even better. What kind of a moron coach gets an inside killer like amare and then plays him in the high post and doesn`t tell his point guard to develop the pick and roll with him.

Watch videos of Amare playing with Phoenix. He was always being fed close to the basket so that he can dp what he does best and finish. Now no D`Toni has him playing further out where he has to attempt to score off of the dribble and take jump shots.

Trade for a pass first pick and roll point guard and Amare will be the superstar that he truly is. One player can`t do it on his own he needs help, and a decent, intelligent coach. At the moment, apart from Landry, we have neither.

This is a dreadful thread. Amare is not a fraud, this thread is.

Paul1355

All Star
Amare hasn't been anything special.

Fields and Chandler have been our best players.

Felton hasn't been bad at all either.

Felton
Fields
Chandler
Amare

We just need Gallo to start getting back to normal and we'll have a strong 5 core with Turiaf, Randolph, Walker and Douglas off the bench.
scipio said basically everything i said...

Felton and Chandler have had atleast a few really bad games already...Amare's worst games was when he averaged a lot of turovers but he still managed to get over 25 points and a bunch of rebounds...Felton has had a lot of turovers and Chandler is hit or miss.

Amare is our best player and him and Fields are really the only consistent Knicks.

And if Amare hasnt been special, as in what he should be which is a 28 ppg player, would be because Felton is not a good passing PG and Mike D's system puts too much emphasis on Amare since we don't have good shooters to space the floor, not Amare's fault.

The only thing that is Amare's fault is the excessive dribbling and turnovers.

KnickfanaticinGA

Benchwarmer
I can`t believe that this thread even exists.

Amare is one of the greatest finishers in the game. Put him in a team with a pass first point guard and not Felton who has never heard of the pick and roll and Amare will be devestating.

Also, we have a coach who just wants players to shoot threes. If we had a coach who wanted to go inside then Amare would be even better. What kind of a moron coach gets an inside killer like amare and then plays him in the high post and doesn`t tell his point guard to develop the pick and roll with him.

Watch videos of Amare playing with Phoenix. He was always being fed close to the basket so that he can dp what he does best and finish. Now no D`Toni has him playing further out where he has to attempt to score off of the dribble and take jump shots.

Trade for a pass first pick and roll point guard and Amare will be the superstar that he truly is. One player can`t do it on his own he needs help, and a decent, intelligent coach. At the moment, apart from Landry, we have neither.

This is a dreadful thread. Amare is not a fraud, this thread is.

cosign and leaving thread immediately

Scipio

Benchwarmer
After this road trip you guys who posted that he is a fraud are looking a lttle bit silly aren`t you.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Best thing his they STILL don't have the pick and roll down yet, but Felton has just done a really good job of getting Amar'e and Gallinari the ball in good positions. I mean they had like 30 FTA between the two of them, which is key to success in this league

then he takes a Knicks hat and puts it over his jimmy in the ESPN magazine. it symbolizes saying the Knicks organization and fans are sucking his dick because of the desperation for a winning team and would give anything even to uninsured knees.

As stupid as that read, it was actually a pretty funny interpretation of a marketing event. Very funny.

Actually, the only thing fraudulent is this thread. Stat is very real and has been the most media friendly, up-front Knick with an iota of leadership skills in a while.

Does that mean he is worth $100 Million. Hell know, but that's not about Stat as much as it is about Dolan trying to recover from Walsh's managerial failure in no securing LeBron by gutting the team for cap space when he should have built a team and a winning atmosphere while trading away pieces including our future.

No Stat is not a fraud, he did what he was supposed to and is actually playing more like a leader on both ends of the ball than he ever has. He was never a defender and never sold himself as one.

Tell the Knicks to build a team around him. Don't be so foolish as to expect any on player (except Kobe) to be Mr. Everything. Knicks fans are supposed to be smarter than this.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
As stupid as that read, it was actually a pretty funny interpretation of a marketing event. Very funny.

Actually, the only thing fraudulent is this thread. Stat is very real and has been the most media friendly, up-front Knick with an iota of leadership skills in a while.

Does that mean he is worth $100 Million. Hell know, but that's not about Stat as much as it is about Dolan trying to recover from Walsh's managerial failure in no securing LeBron by gutting the team for cap space when he should have built a team and a winning atmosphere while trading away pieces including our future.

No Stat is not a fraud, he did what he was supposed to and is actually playing more like a leader on both ends of the ball than he ever has. He was never a defender and never sold himself as one.

Tell the Knicks to build a team around him. Don't be so foolish as to expect any on player (except Kobe) to be Mr. Everything. Knicks fans are supposed to be smarter than this.[/quote]

I used to think the same until I joined this forum lol...you'll see what I mean.