• Resign him and keep him long term

Votes: 27 48.2%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters

elcol

Rotation player
It was obviously an "emotion" thing.

James Dolan clearly got extremely butthurt about the Lin/Rockets dealings.

So much so that he would not even sign him to use him as an asset for CP3 or whoever in the long run.

platnumn

Benchwarmer
I'm fine with it. A turnover prone guard with no proven worth. Let the Rockets have him.

If we get CP3 before the trade deadline, everyone is going to be kissing Dolan's ass. Could be just another Knick pipedream, but I guarantee the Clippers won't let him just walk for nothing this coming summer.

LIN IS GONE, LET'S MOVE ON!! :gony::gony:

It feels like someone just told me my grandma died. Then told me she might make it. Finally putting a full page article in the paper saying she is officially dead. Which then goes on to regale me with wonderful stories of gingersnaps and picking out my favorite movie at blockbuster. Only to end with she is officially dead and not just messing with the Houston rockets.

I don't think anyone is going to get it until he steps on the floor at msg and they treat him like Willis reed.

Either way I think he's going to light up Felton in his return.

knicks well on their way to being an irrelevant lottery team once again, just like the good ol pre-Linsanity days. call it destiny. oh well it was fun while it lasted.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Jeremy Lin ‏@JLin7
Much love and thankfulness to the Knicks and New York for your support this past year...easily the best year of my life ‪#ForeverGrateful‬

1m Jeremy Lin ‏@JLin7
Extremely excited and honored to be a Houston Rocket again!! ‪#RedNation‬

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I understand the disappointment, but I don't get why I keep seeing people associate Lin with the team's aspirations for a chip. Don't we need to see Lin against a myriad of defense, with advanced scouting, in an 82 game season, before we can truly gauge his talent?

35 games isn't nearly enough.

I would have liked to see him start next season as a Knick, and if it wasn't working, and there was a potential trade...ok, fine. I'm not 100% on board with letting an asset walk. But I can't see how Lin factors into a ring more-so than any other "don't screw it up" PG. He doesn't have free reign to do whatever, whenever, when STAT and Melo are out there, he would be a good PG on a really really good team -- not Linsanity.

If the Knicks think they can get that production elsewhere, I can't complain. Now..if it doesn't work with Felton and Kidd...then all bets are off.

I'm fine with it. A turnover prone guard with no proven worth. Let the Rockets have him.

If we get CP3 before the trade deadline, everyone is going to be kissing Dolan's ass. Could be just another Knick pipedream, but I guarantee the Clippers won't let him just walk for nothing this coming summer.

And if we dont get CP3? What then?

No proven worth? Did he just sign a 25 million dollar contract? You dont let 23 year old players that have done it in NY go for nothing. The sample size may be small but what I saw was a kid with no fear. A kid that was determined. Attitudes like that rub off on a team.

I'll move on when I'm ready. I'm still in a state of shock. This is the dumbest thing the Knicks have done since Isiah left...

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Jeremy Lin ‏@JLin7
Much love and thankfulness to the Knicks and New York for your support this past year...easily the best year of my life ‪#ForeverGrateful‬

1m Jeremy Lin ‏@JLin7
Extremely excited and honored to be a Houston Rocket again!! ‪#RedNation‬

Please, dude, stop it.

You're gonna make me miss that little son of a bitch. :barf:

Red

TYPE-A
linsanity died today, lin will struggle in the pg heavy west

Maybe the Rockets will hire D'Antoni. :shrug:

If Lin wanted to be a Knick...

He could have signed the original offer after learning we would match

He could have returned to us in the event the offer changed to check our position

But he signed nullifying any claim that he wanted to be a Knick with his decisions

...and I understand that. I think he felt marginalized and got used to Linsanity. I think he didn't want to earn a spot although we said he would start, he felt it wasn't a good situation with Kidd and Woodson.

His relationship with Melo seemed abrasive in a way that most say might have rubbed Melo wrong because of the attention; I think Melo kept things in perspective knowing what the playoffs are like, knowing what that $ does to dudes, knowing if Lin could or not run the point deep into the playoffs.

If anything he might have been a distraction.

KnickolasMGL

Benchwarmer
Lin will become an All Star this year with all the shots he gona jack up @ Houston + all the votes from international fans,

boohoo Dolan. :boohoo:

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Maybe the Rockets will hire D'Antoni. :shrug:

If Lin wanted to be a Knick...

He could have signed the original offer after learning we would match

He could have returned to us in the event the offer changed to check our position

But he signed nullifying any claim that he wanted to be a Knick with his decisions

...and I understand that. I think he felt marginalized and got used to Linsanity. I think he didn't want to earn a spot although we said he would start, he felt it wasn't a good situation with Kidd and Woodson.

His relationship with Melo seemed abrasive in a way that most say might have rubbed Melo wrong because of the attention; I think Melo kept things in perspective knowing what the playoffs are like, knowing what that $ does to dudes, knowing if Lin could or not run the point deep into the playoffs.

If anything he might have been a distraction.

+1. This makes a lot of sense.

I understand the disappointment, but I don't get why I keep seeing people associate Lin with the team's aspirations for a chip. Don't we need to see Lin against a myriad of defense, with advanced scouting, in an 82 game season, before we can truly gauge his talent?

35 games isn't nearly enough.

I would have liked to see him start next season as a Knick, and if it wasn't working, and there was a potential trade...ok, fine. I'm not 100% on board with letting an asset walk. But I can't see how Lin factors into a ring more-so than any other "don't screw it up" PG. He doesn't have free reign to do whatever, whenever, when STAT and Melo are out there, he would be a good PG on a really really good team -- not Linsanity.

If the Knicks think they can get that production elsewhere, I can't complain. Now..if it doesn't work with Felton and Kidd...then all bets are off.

The kid has talent. That cant be disputed. You guys can sit here and write him of as an aberration after what he did for the Knicks if you'd like, but I call it like I see it.

But he's capable of becoming Linsanity at any moment. Wouldnt you have loved some Linsanity after STAT idiotically injured his hand in the playoffs? After Melo showed he needed some help? After Shump got injured?

This was an idioits move...

STAT1

Starter

Just curious, who do you think we can trade to even have a shot at CP3 this season? Melo's the only guy with comparable value & the Knicks are not going to trade him.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Please keep in perspective tho, the no fear was when he was out there running with Novak, Jeffries, and Shump.

It's a different story orchestrating an offense to get the ball to STAT and Melo where they need the ball.

Linsanity took place in MDA's offense that gives the PG free will essentially, and when you don't have to worry about getting the ball to your stars, you can look for your own, and then dish when you have the easy pass down low.

Lin was effective, but not quite the same player when MDA left. He often looked (telegraphed passes) for Fields too much, or tried those same passes to the middle when the D was looking for it.

Not saying that his mistakes and growing pains couldn't be corrected, but don't compartmentalize out the circumstances in which he did what he did.

Keep everything 100.