Development of our Youth is Key

Toons

is the Bo$$
David Lee ......25 years old
N8 Rob...........24 years old
Ill Will ............21 years old
Gallo..............20 years old

None of these guys deserve to be cut. We have a bunch of college kids playing basketball at a high level.

We need to keep our young players at all cost. ALL of them have the ability to become great in their own way.

In the summer of 2010, if we sign lebron (i would rather wade), our core guys will be on their way to maturity and ready for competition in the 2010-2011 season. Lee will be 27, n8 26, wilson 23, callo 22...s.till a young core, but the way things are going, they might even be a young core with playoff experience. We are still learning a new coach, still learning new players (rookies) and we are still competitive. I remember in preseason when dantoni said he never knew we were this good from what he saw in practice.

Toons

is the Bo$$
so dont be too hard on these guys when the greats school them. They are still learning

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Well said, toons. The way I see it is that we'll have a team that will be playing together for a couple years, so we'll have great chemistry. And only one guy (lebron or wade) will have to adapt to the rest of the team. If we were to sign multiple players our chemistry would be crap and it would take us longer to become a championship team.

JayJ44

Starter
:agreed:

By the time 2010 rolls around, our players will have developed to full potential, or close to it. I don't think we'll NEED 2 superstars to win a championship. We could sign a guy like Wade, Lebron, Bosh etc. Then sign a filler for any position we need, like Tyson Chandler.

JRG3

Benchwarmer
We need only one superstar and a dominent Big guy to win a championship.
Wade & Shaq
Kobe & Shaq
Duncan & Parker
Wallce & Billups

We can have Lee and Wade/ Lebron with a bunch of role players like duhon, Nate rob, Chandler as Well as a Dominate Defensive center and it will be easy to win a championship. If you add a Good three point shooter that plays defense we will be over the top.

PRETTY MUCH..............that's why i don't understand why people are all going free agent crazy.they need to chill.these are our guys.let them blossom.show a little loyalty.

clumsy

Rotation player
you guys would be terrible businessmen.

Without a salary cap i would 100% agree with you...but things are bit different.

Paul1355

All Star
David Lee ......25 years old
N8 Rob...........24 years old
Ill Will ............21 years old
Gallo..............20 years old

None of these guys deserve to be cut. We have a bunch of college kids playing basketball at a high level.

We need to keep our young players at all cost. ALL of them have the ability to become great in their own way.

In the summer of 2010, if we sign lebron (i would rather wade), our core guys will be on their way to maturity and ready for competition in the 2010-2011 season. Lee will be 27, n8 26, wilson 23, callo 22...s.till a young core, but the way things are going, they might even be a young core with playoff experience. We are still learning a new coach, still learning new players (rookies) and we are still competitive. I remember in preseason when dantoni said he never knew we were this good from what he saw in practice.

we can keep all of them...but more young talented players are on the way...and if we shed cap space by packaging a guy like Nate with one of our useless players like Curry...then its worth it.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
:agreed:

By the time 2010 rolls around, our players will have developed to full potential, or close to it. I don't think we'll NEED 2 superstars to win a championship. We could sign a guy like Wade, Lebron, Bosh etc. Then sign a filler for any position we need, like Tyson Chandler.

exactly one big name superstar and then players who could play and fill out the rotation and starting spots(have a better idea after the draft) and were good with likely Nate and Chandler our leading men off the bench..thats a damn good team.

clumsy

Rotation player
I don't get why you guys think we can win with a bunch of Diamond in the Rough Players. Have you ever seen a championship team constructed that way? 0 of these guys are superstars. It is still questionable whether any of them are all stars.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
they will all be great players

Nate Robinson- future 6th man of the year winner

David Lee- future All-Star

Wilson Chandler- borerline superstar player

Danilo Gallinari- Superstar

all we need is a Superstar to mesh them all together.

clumsy

Rotation player
Right now the only Allstar we may have is Gallo. After watching him in warmups in the game where he made 15 3's in a row, I think he could be Peja with better man d and he hasn't even really slashed yet.

David Lee is a borderline all star to me.

I don't ever see Wilson Chandler being an all star considering his position. He's a great role player.

Given that it is no wonder why we are struggling for 8th right now.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Right now the only Allstar we may have is Gallo. After watching him in warmups in the game where he made 15 3's in a row, I think he could be Peja with better man d and he hasn't even really slashed yet.

David Lee is a borderline all star to me.

I don't ever see Wilson Chandler being an all star considering his position. He's a great role player.

Given that it is no wonder why we are struggling for 8th right now.

I don't think we're struggling for eighth. I think we're overachieving with young talent. Remember our record last year? We weren't suppose to be this good. So there is no struggle.