Memphis close to dealing for Z-Bo

moneyg

Starter
if this trade happens and it includes jaric. that will give us 17 players. im sure this will not be the last deal. if it is, whos gonna go.

moneyg

Starter
to get down to 15 i guess both will have to go. i think marty might be included in this trade. dont think we have a need for him with marco commin over

New New York

Quiet Storm
Can someone tell me when The Grizz will be able to deal Jaric, because that would be the only reason as to why I think there is a hold up on this deal, if one is going to happen. But, if that is the case, that means we are taking on a 21 million dollar contract in which I say we may need to deal for Walkers's expiring contract or if we get both Darko and Jaric then for sure we need a pick in that deal

New New York

Quiet Storm
The Ball is now in our court!

http://www.thememphisedge.com/2008/09/04/griz-lose-bennett-to-knicks/

Looks like The Grizz want Zach for Darko and Jaric. Now there appears to be a payment defement that is the hold up. From my intepertation the Grizz wants no part of the money owed to Zach for this seasons past. Now I know that we can send up to 3 million in cash, I'm not sure if anymore is owed to Zach or not. But it looks like Donnie is talking this one over with James Dolan and I have to say that this seems like a good trade for us. I again hate Jaric's contract, but, in the event that Steph is not around for some reason we now have two servicable PGs.

I won't consider this deal done until it is done, but for now it looks like this trade is ours for the taking and I say lets take it!

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
http://www.thememphisedge.com/2008/09/04/griz-lose-bennett-to-knicks/

Looks like The Grizz want Zach for Darko and Jaric. Now there appears to be a payment defement that is the hold up. From my intepertation the Grizz wants no part of the money owed to Zach for this seasons past. Now I know that we can send up to 3 million in cash, I'm not sure if anymore is owed to Zach or not. But it looks like Donnie is talking this one over with James Dolan and I have to say that this seems like a good trade for us. I again hate Jaric's contract, but, in the event that Steph is not around for some reason we now have two servicable PGs.

I won't consider this deal done until it is done, but for now it looks like this trade is ours for the taking and I say lets take it!

According to the Memphis Edge the Grizz want the Knicks to pick up part of the latter years of Randolph's contract. WTF! What kind of a trade is that. If you take a guy in a trade you take his entire contract not part of it. Ether the writers of this article are idiots or the Grizz are trying to run the oky doke. I want the trade to go through but the Grizz should eat the entire contract or just give us one player in return. I don't think it works that way.

portega1968

El Cacique
I don't like this trade. Anyone who pulls for it is only thinking about next season. Summer 2010 is the goal and we should absolutely stay away from deals that hit our cap beyond that.

I'd rather wait for D'Antoni to craft offensive sets that take advantage of the many talented offensive players we have. If he can make Z-Bo and Curry better players, their trade value would be much better later and place us in a better position.

Right now, Z-Bo for Darko and Jaric is a nice trade but not good enough. We can do better than that if we are patient and use 2009 to develop our base.

NYKnicks15

Starter
that is what is wrong with us in the first place. too much settling. settling on isiah and his decisions. settling on acquiring zach randolph. etc etc LETS NOT SETTLE. Darko runs up sure and well save about 9 million in 10-11 BUT im sure if Zach plays in this system he'll up his value. shoot he might be worth keeping. okay.. not too sure about that. but the thing about the memphis grizzlies is they will still be around. still be there for us to trade with. still be waiting for some quality player. lets take our time. lets hope they send us Antoine Walker and Darko Milicic.

New New York

Quiet Storm
that is what is wrong with us in the first place. too much settling. settling on isiah and his decisions. settling on acquiring zach randolph. etc etc LETS NOT SETTLE. Darko runs up sure and well save about 9 million in 10-11 BUT im sure if Zach plays in this system he'll up his value. shoot he might be worth keeping. okay.. not too sure about that. but the thing about the memphis grizzlies is they will still be around. still be there for us to trade with. still be waiting for some quality player. lets take our time. lets hope they send us Antoine Walker and Darko Milicic.

If this deal was for any other player I would say lets be patient. But, potentially losing out on an opportunity in moving the worst contract on our books because there is a possibility that his value could go up is an awfully big risk. Teams around the league can dismiss Zach's underacheivement last season due to us having a bad coach. Now how difficult a sell will it be if Zach under performs for Dantoni who is known for getting the best from his players? Or what if he goes down with a serious injury(ala Kenyon Martin)? Both of these scenerios means Zach and his massive contract will be with the Knicks until 2012 with no chance of going anywhere. You are right it is best to be patient, but the possibility of not being able to move Zach down the line is way too risky to me and if we take a lesser deal right now to minimize that risk, I feel it would be a an easier loss to swallow than having to hold on to Zach's contract.

Last edited:

KBlack25

Starter

I think you have it totally backwards. The reason we are in the predicament we are is not because we settle too much, but we settled not enough. Isiah didnt like the roster and pulled bonehead trade after bonehead trade to try and win immediately rather than settling with what we had and trying to win with the players on the roster, to perhaps build "team chemistry".

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
man i just read we proposed the trade, that the offer is on memphis table!!!!!if this happens, stephon is gone cuz we will have 17 players and i dont see anybody gettin cut and i really wanna see what steph got to show

According to the Memphis Edge the Grizz want the Knicks to pick up part of the latter years of Randolph's contract. WTF! What kind of a trade is that. If you take a guy in a trade you take his entire contract not part of it. Ether the writers of this article are idiots or the Grizz are trying to run the oky doke. I want the trade to go through but the Grizz should eat the entire contract or just give us one player in return. I don't think it works that way.

GOT DAMN MEMPHIS ! :machinegun:

Is Walsh getting cold feet?
This is crazy!
Looks like it :(

The Knicks have a trade proposal on the table with the Memphis Grizzlies that would see Darko Milicic and Marko Jaric dealt to New York in exchange for Zach Randolph.

An executive with knowledge of the trade talks said Friday that Knicks president Donnie Walsh initiated the Randolph-to-Memphis talks with the Grizzlies recently and it's up to Walsh to sign off on the deal. But it appears Walsh has cooled to the idea of trading his player, the executive said.

A Knicks spokesman declined comment Friday.

Milicic is reportedly owed $14.5 million over the next two seasons, and Jaric will make $21.3 million the next three seasons. The Knicks want to trade Randoph because his contract runs through 2010-11. He will be paid nearly $48 million over those three seasons.

The move would help the Knicks with their salary cap. It has been widely perceived that their goal is get under the cap before the summer of 2010 so they can make a run at LeBron James and other high-profile free agents who will hit the market that offseason.