PPG___ APG___ 3P%___ RPG___ BPG___ SPG
13.6___ 1.4___ .424___ 8.3___ 1.1____ 0.8

SG Klay Thompson can score, and has a nice shot
21.6___ 3.7___ .398___ 5.2____ 0.9___ 1.6

SG Marshon Brooks good defender and would score on fast breaks well
24.6___ 2.5___ .340____ 7____ 1.2____ 1.5

I can see the pick be any of these four players. I understand Kenneth is the favorite but besides him who else do you see get drafted into the Knicks?

Last edited:
Darius Morris, Josh Selby, Charles Jenkins, these are all strong possibilities but I wouldn't waste my 17th pick for them I would rather buy a second rounder and use it to draft one of them.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
Darius Morris, Josh Selby, Charles Jenkins, these are all strong possibilities but I wouldn't waste my 17th pick for them I would rather buy a second rounder and use it to draft one of them.

The Knicks can really make something of this pick, no one really knows. Landry Fields is one recent example. A lot of these players have the same amount of experience as Fields did.

I agree if it came down to your list of picks it might be a lost cause. Darius Morris? A better PG that could be possible is Jimmer Fredette. As much as the Knicks need a PG I don't see them drafting one.

Jimmer Fredette PG

PPG___APG___3P%___RPG___SPG___BPG
28.9___4.3___39.6___3.4____1.3____0.0

nyk_nyk

All Star
The Knicks can really make something of this pick, no one really knows. Landry Fields is one recent example. A lot of these players have the same amount of experience as Fields did.

I agree if it came down to your list of picks it might be a lost cause. Darius Morris? A better PG that could be possible is Jimmer Fredette. As much as the Knicks need a PG I don't see them drafting one.

Jimmer Fredette PG

PPG___APG___3P%___RPG___SPG___BPG
28.9___4.3___39.6___3.4____1.3____0.0

Jimmer is a shoot first guard. Why would we want a player like that to team up with Amare and Melo? He's good but not what we need in a PG.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
Jimmer is a shoot first guard. Why would we want a player like that to team up with Amare and Melo? He's good but not what we need in a PG.

Lol. Your totally right I was saying if the Knicks were to draft a PG it would be him. He is exactly the type of player D'antoni likes.

I'm with Sprewell-Houston, Marshon Brooks would be my pick for the Knicks. He is very athletic and has great defense. He has potential and would be a good competition for Fields to improve.

moneyg

Starter
Lol. Your totally right I was saying if the Knicks were to draft a PG it would be him. He is exactly the type of player D'antoni likes.

I'm with Sprewell-Houston, Marshon Brooks would be my pick for the Knicks. He is very athletic and has great defense. He has potential and would be a good competition for Fields to improve.

buy a late first rounder and draft faried and marshon ... that simple... then lets see what we can do in round 2

Marek

Benchwarmer
I'm probably alone in expecting Tobias Harris to have an All-Star career.
He's young and will need some time at the start of his career, which the Knicks aren't in position to accommodate in this draft. But if they go for him, I wouldn't be unhappy. He could atleast provide depth at 3 & 4 until he comes into his own.

Wargames

Starter
Where Jimmer Fredette could land

ESPN Article

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba...nba_draft&id=6611716

BYU's Jimmer Fredette is still the most hotly debated name in the draft. Despite an amazing year at BYU and excellent athletic testing numbers at the Chicago pre-draft combine, no one is certain where exactly he'll go in this draft.

The two most obvious destinations -- Utah and Phoenix -- are still possibilities. But neither the Jazz nor the Suns are a lock to take Jimmer.

The Jazz are seriously looking at both Kentucky's Brandon Knight and UConn's Kemba Walker with the No. 3 pick in the draft. If they take either player, it's highly unlikely they'd draft Fredette at No. 12. If they decide to go with someone like Enes Kanter or Jan Vesely at No. 3, then Fredette will be in play at No. 12, according to sources.

As we first reported two weekends ago, the Jazz are flying out to Chicago to do a two-day meet-and-greet and workout with Kanter in Chicago on June 3. If that goes really well, Jimmer moves more into the Jazz's picture at No. 12. If it doesn't, they're going to have to fall in love with Jonas Valanciunas or Jan Vesely (and I don't think they're in love with either player) for them to pass on both Knight and Walker.

The Suns also like Jimmer, and with Steve Nash rolling into the last year of his deal -- and with his backup Aaron Brooks far from a lock to replace him -- Fredette fits a need and his style of play fits well with Alvin Gentry's system.

However, Phoenix Suns President Lon Babby has been emphasizing defense this summer, and I got an earful about it from Babby in the lobby of the Westin in Chicago last week. Given the major question marks surrounding Fredette's defensive abilities, he may not be as snug of a fit as I had thought. While Babby didn't rule out taking Fredette at 13, he didn't sound like a man whose heart was set on taking him.

If Fredette slides past the Jazz and Suns, where will he land? He might have a better idea this week after workouts with both the Indiana Pacers and New York Knicks.

Fredette works out in Indiana on Tuesday against Duke's Nolan Smith. The Pacers will also get a look at Marcus Morris, Tobias Harris, Jeremy Tyler and Vernon Macklin on Tuesday -- but all eyes will be on Fredette. Fredette nailed his interview with Indiana last week in Chicago, and Pacers GM Larry Bird is a fan.

And despite the addition of Darren Collison last summer, Fredette does fit a need. On the checklist of areas the Pacers want to upgrade this summer, getting a scorer who can create his own shot is a major item. Fredette's unlimited range, nasty crossover and ability to shoot off the dribble are all proven. If he has a great workout, Indiana could be his floor.

On Thursday, Fredette rolls into the Big Apple for a workout against Washington State's Klay Thompson and Providence's Marshon Brooks. Fredette and Brooks were the two best scorers in college basketball last season, and Thompson wasn't far behind. The Knicks want to see them matched up head-to-head.

The Knicks passed on a chance to promise (they'd pick) Fredette last year before he opted to return to school, and have privately told me they regret it. Would they pass on a chance to draft him again? Fredette fits the mold of a Mike D'Antoni point guard. His shooting ability, high basketball IQ and confidence are big points in his favor for D'Antoni. The fact that he's a New York native and has a ton of swagger and some celebrity can't hurt, either.

While the Knicks have been looking for a big man, they don't have to land him in the draft. The team is still looking for a long-term replacement for Chauncey Billups (who is in the last year of his contract) and definitely needs help at the 2. Whether there are enough shots to go around on a team that already has Carmelo Anthony, Amare Stoudemire and Billups (and to a lesser extent Toney Douglas) firing away at will is another question, but a great workout for Fredette could also set his floor here.

More draft notes

• The Knicks' Fredette-Thompson-Brooks workout should be very interesting. Brooks is bigger, much longer and a more explosive athlete. However, he doesn't have Fredette's unlimited range or his craftiness. Thompson is a nice blend of both Fredette and Brooks.

Brooks and Thompson could be the types of player who give Jimmer problems. The Knicks have been looking for a shooter and if Thompson is still on the board, he may be hard to pass up. Someone in the Knicks' own organization has compared him to Allan Houston. That's high praise.

If Fredette stumbles in the workout, or if he's off the board when the Knicks pick at No. 17, Brooks could be a prime candidate for them. While a number of teams didn't hop on the Brooks bandwagon until recently, the Knick have liked him for a while. The team still wants to add star power to their roster and feel that Brooks is one of the few players who, given their draft position, could fit the bill (Kansas' Josh Selby is another).

• The Jazz won't be the only team getting a look at Enes Kanter in the coming weeks -- though they will be the first. Kanter also has meetings scheduled with the Toronto Raptors in Chicago on the 6th, and then will make visits to both the Cleveland Cavaliers (6/7) and Minnesota Timberwolves (6/17) in the coming weeks, his agent Max Ergul told ESPN Insider.

• The Celtics have a really interesting workout on Wednesday, June 1. Richmond's Justin Harper, Wisconsin's Jon Leuer, VCU's Jamie Skeen and Butler's Matt Howard are all in the same workout together. All four of those power forwards can really stroke the basketball. You think the Celtics might be in the market for a stretch 4?

Knicks Prospect Workouts June 1st

Denzel Bowles, F, 6-10, 255, James Madison, senior

Marshon Brooks, G, 6-5, 190, Providence, senior

Jimmer Fredette, G, 6-2, 195, Brigham Young, senior

Gary McGhee, F/C, 6-11, 250, Pittsburgh, senior

Darius Morris, G, 6-4, 190, Michigan, sophomore

Klay Thompson, G, 6-6, 202, Washington State, junior

Last edited:
Brooks, Thompson, Jimmer in that order. If we have a choice of the three I dont think we go wrong with either. Brooks got crazy game though...

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Draft

This is an odd draft. There are no LeBron like super stars and apparently not an awful lot separating number 5s from number 20s. We have got to get lucky with our pick whoever that may be.

We desperately need a big and in that regard I am totally on board with Red. But there is not much in this draft at the 5 spot that will be there at 17 and that is too early to take a chance on a Jeremy Tyler or a Lucas Noquiero. We need to buy or trade for another pick. Perhaps Minnesota's 20 will be available.

The Brazilian, Noquiero, could be a defensive force. He is a seven footer with great athleticism. He may have an attitude problem and could be a bust. Let's take a chance, perhaps we will get lucky.

mafra

Legend
Iman Shumpert, 6'4, Junior, Guard, Georgia Tech
17.0 Points, 6.1 Rebounds, 3.5 Assists, 2.8 Steals, 2.4 Turnovers, 39.9% FG, 25.5% FT, 82% FT

1297965426.jpg
Icon SMI

Matt Kamalsky

A former McDonald's All-American, Iman Shumpert has played a prominent role in Georgia Tech's backcourt since stepping on campus as a freshman. A combo guard with a scorer's mentality, Shumpert attempted to find a balance between shooting and passing playing next to the likes of Lewis Clinch, Gani Lawal, and Derrick Favors as an underclassman. Now a junior, Shumpert has gotten the opportunity to shoulder the offensive load as the clear cut first option for Paul Hewitt's rebuilding Yellow Jackets, seeing his shot attempts per-40 minutes skyrocket from 11.3 last season to 17.3 this season. Despite reinforcing many of our conceptions about his weaknesses offensively, this has been a breakout season on a number of levels for the Illinois native.

As we've stated in past reports, the intrigue around Shumpert as a potential NBA player revolves around his exceptional physical profile for a player seeing time at the point guard position. Standing 6'4 with an extremely rangy frame, Shumpert is fluid, agile, deceptively quick, and an explosive two-foot leaper.

Though Shumpert has certainly played quite a bit of point guard throughout his career at Georgia Tech, he's spent more time off the ball recently. In his first two years in Atlanta, he struggled with his shot selection, liked to dominate the ball, and proved fairly turnover prone looking to set the table for others. Now forced to score out of necessity as a junior, Shumpert's passing numbers have declined, but he's turning the ball over far less, getting to the line quite a bit more, and has gotten more and more efficient as the season has gone on, even if his sub 40% shooting remains disconcerting.

He still has a significant amount of work ahead of him in terms of learning how to play winning basketball?as evidenced by the lackluster season is Georgia Tech is having (11-14 overall, 3-8 in ACC), but we have seen some progress individually on Shumpert's part, even if it's been mostly in a losing effort. Georgia Tech's degenerate offense has plenty to do with this obviously, but Shumpert can't escape criticism for how bad his team looks in the half-court, since he's often the main culprit.

Shumpert's desire to have the ball in his hands, his team's need for leadership, and the subtle improvements he's made offensively have regardless generated a number of extremely impressive performances from the young guard, including a 30 point outburst against UNC and a recent 27 point outing against Virginia Tech.

Still a streaky perimeter scorer, Shumpert is far too reliant on his jump shooting ability, and often looks to pull-up when he puts the ball on the floor. 68% of his shot attempts are of the jump-shot variety, but he knocks down just 28.4% of them, and gets even worse when pulling up off the dribble, making 19.5% of his pull-up attempts. While he's hitting his free throws at a very respectable rate, Shumpert's shooting still haven't caught up with his solid mechanics and remain by far his biggest weakness, especially when you look at the way he operates on the floor sometimes?usually taking the first shot available to him, regardless of whether it's a good or bad attempt.

Shumpert's most consistent contributions come in transition, where he can use his speed and first step most effectively. A solid finisher who has become more adept at drawing contact and finishing plays himself instead of forcing tough passes, Shumpert still flashes good court vision on occasion, but has a great deal of room to improve offensively on the whole.

The same can't be said for his play on the defensive end, where he has absolutely flourished this season. Combining excellent length and lateral quickness with good intensity, Shumpert is simply exceptional one-on-one, rebounds the ball at an outrageous rate for a guard, and leads our database in steals by a pretty considerable margin. Extremely active with his hands and feet, Shumpert does a great job maintaining his balance and denying penetration and has the physical tools to defend multiple positions in the NBA.

While Shumpert certainly hasn't had a stellar offensive season despite his productivity, he's made a lot of key improvements in other areas. If he lands on a team with a coach that can help him hone his shot selection, eliminate the inefficient parts of his game (mainly his stubborn insistence for settling for pull-up jumpers), and play to his strengths, the improvements he's made as a slasher, rebounder, and defender could make him a very useful player at the NBA level.

Though he projects as a roleplayer due to his lack of jump shooting ability and pure point guard play, Shumpert has the ability to compete with any guard in the country in workouts on a good day, and is a clear-cut sleeper prospect to watch should he enter the draft.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Trending-Prospects-2172011--3632/#ixzz1O8Oq3WW4
http://www.draftexpress.com

mafra

Legend
^^^
This Ga Tech PG (and they've had some good ones) is the perfect combo guard for this team. He's a BIG PG and is physically gifted. He dominated the combine... http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Analyzing-the-NBA-Combine-Athletic-Testing-Results-3728/ ... The best standing and max vertical leap, 3rd best bench press (1 behind leader), which proves this kid is explosive and strong.

This prospect does 2 things (Think Rondo meets T-Evans)... He steps in immediately and serves as the understudy to Billups. Along with T-Douglas, the Knicks would have a fierce second strong backcourt. Two players that compliment each other, who'll step in next year and DEFEND. AND, oh yeah... he rebounds!

IS excels on the break... A good thing. WE WILL TEACH HIM to shoot better. That will come.

CHRIS SINGLETON or Donatas Motiejunas would be my first option. Forget the SF thing... We need a LEBRON STOPPER! Chris is BY FAR the best defensive player in this draft. Motiejunas is the perfect 7-footer for D'antoni's offense.

We have to remember... We have enough scoring. Amar'e and 'Melo need players that compliment them... we need to fill-out the roster and build a team.

OBVIOUS needs are:

CENTER
SNIPER
WING DEFENDER

I would say PG, but we have Billups and we're looking at bringing in Paul or Deron after next season.

So this leaves us with what?

We can take the best big on the board. We could draft the prospect with the most talent/upside (looking to trade him for Paul eventually), we could look for the best shooter, or we look for the most complete player to play alongside our maxed-out, dynamic duo.

IMHO... Motiejunas, Singleton and Shumpert are those options.

Knicks should then BUY another late first or 2nd rounder... and fill out the other need (menaing if we go big at 17 then find a guard, and if we go guard at 17 then find a big).

Kenneth Faried Charles Jenkins, Reggie Jackson, Darius Morris, Nolan Smith and Shelvin Mack are some others options we could look at with our picks (if we get an extra selection.

FINAL CONCLUSIONS: Let's hope Motiejunas or Singleton is there at 17. If not, we could look at Faried (but a frontcourt of Melo, Amare and Faried is TOO small). So, I would pass on the prolithic, high-energy rebounder and go G. We could even look at SG here... Personally, I would go for Shump. If we get our big at 17, then hope Shump or another PG I mentioned above is there late first/early 2nd... go get him.