GT: New York Knicks vs Portland Trail Blazers

Rioferd

Benchwarmer
Is anybody worried that Lin will leave if they continue to start a 34 year old broken baron davis in front of him?

I mean Lin is the future. Lets not forget that. I don't care how well baron plays this year, he is on his last legs. We need to develop Lin.

wian

Benchwarmer
This.

Lets see what happens over a span of 10 games. But its nice to see us keep the faith in the second unit. I really don't care if they bench Lin or play him with the second unit. That might actually be better for him than playing with melo/stat.

totally agree with your comments mate - on a positive note, its great to see so many forumers have renewed their faith . its what we have needed around here to be honest :peace:

Is anybody worried that Lin will leave if they continue to start a 34 year old broken baron davis in front of him?

I mean Lin is the future. Lets not forget that. I don't care how well baron plays this year, he is on his last legs. We need to develop Lin.

Point taken, but let's win some games before we worry too much about developing anything on a team that might be blown up 7 times over in the next 2 years if current trends continue.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★

No i dont think he minds, he stated he was a big fan of BD and used to always watch him in golden state i think Lin just wants to win and help the team the best he can.

BrianMan

Benchwarmer
Davis has to get the bulk of the minutes, Lin needs more time to develop and Davis deserves the starting PG spot that he thought he had coming into the season.

Rioferd

Benchwarmer
THIS is how you play basketball... Mr DAntoni.

It isnt even about knocking down shots.

Its about rebounding, forcing steals and getting stops. Look at how many more shots we're going to get as a result.

Is it any surprise that the second unit does it better than our first unit? Stat and Melo are you watching?

MetalDemon

Benchwarmer

If hes on his last legs we might as well play em while they work.
Lin is going to be a great NBA player, he has a long future ahead of him.

nyk_nyk

All Star

He can be developed as a role player just like all the other rookies/2nd yr players in the league.

Rioferd

Benchwarmer
No i dont think he minds, he stated he was a big fan of BD and used to always watch him in golden state i think Lin just wants to win and help the team the best he can.

I think maybe you're right. Baron is a good PG to learn off and take the pressure away from Lin.

I wouldn't mind if they shared time. Whoever is playing well should play. Whoever is playing DEFENCE should get the minutes.

End of story.

wian

Benchwarmer
we have scored 37 points in 14 & 1/2 minutes of basketball, and held the opposition to 16 points

this is the sort of shit we should be doing most games -

i have to commend them on the turnaround tonight :thewave: :gony:

Yeah but a real coach won't force feed a young player that is on a championship team and risk him making big mistakes at key points of the game. This summer Lin can come back a new player and him coming off the bench right away will allow him to learn, im not worried long term about Lin at all.

tkrieger

Benchwarmer
Looks like the Knicks can finally win a game without the need for "Linsanity"........

Milk the bench. I'm here to watch Lin play, but if the team plays well without him, give him some badly needed rest.

goNYgo

Rookie
Whens the last time you've seen a player without the ball setting a screen for another player. NEVER! Its always Lin or Davis to the rack or 1 v 1 somewhere else.

Up by 21? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?