Ex-Knick Shawne Williams Arrested for Coke

Wargames

Starter
Yeah I know he isn't a Knick anymore but Purp use to play the role Novak fills on the team for those who might know or remember. Anyhow it looks like the worse thing he ever did was leave the Knicks to play for the Nyets-----

Shawne Williams
Ex-NBA Player Arrested for Coke

x-NBA player Shawne Williams -- a former 1st round draft pick -- was arrested in Tennessee last night for possession of weed and cocaine ... and cops believe he may have been trying to sell it.

According to reports, Williams' night went to hell when an officer on a routine patrol claims he smelled marijuana coming from a Porsche Panamera which was parked near a Cricket wireless store.

When the cop approached the car, the person inside -- Williams -- reportedly said, "Officer I ain't gonna lie to you, there's a blunt in the car and some syrup."

The cop searched the car ... and reportedly found a partially smoked blunt, another blunt that hadn't been smoked, and a bottle of codeine cough syrup (for which he did not have a prescription).

The 26-year-old was ultimately arrested for possession of weed and coke with intent to manufacture, deliver or sell.

Portland has reached a buyout agreement with forward Shawne Williams in July 2012 and he will become an unrestricted free agent, SI.com has learned.

The 6-foot-9 small forward was a key reserve for the Knicks during the 2010-11 season, but he opted against re-signing with New York last December in favor of signing a two-year, $6.1 million deal with New Jersey. Williams was traded to the Blazers in mid-March as part of the deal that gave the Nets small forward Gerald Wallace, but Williams never played for Portland.

Williams was drafted No. 17 overall by the Pacers in 2006. He has averaged 5.7 points, 2.9 rebounds and 16.4 minutes per game for his career.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
That's not the first time he's in trouble with the law I believe, during his stint in NY it was often mentioned that he somehow was able to straitghten up and started playing basketball again. I guess once he slipped off the Walsh's watch he's got himself in all kind of trouble again. Old habits die hard.

Wargames

Starter
That's not the first time he's in trouble with the law I believe, during his stint in NY it was often mentioned that he somehow was able to straitghten up and started playing basketball again.

yeah him being in NY was Donnie telling him he would give him a chance if he stayed clean. Even when Donnie left I remember Allen Houston contacting him last year to see if he would stay but the Nyets being the *******s they are offered him 6 mil to leave which he did. Once there dude's play fell off and he got no burn to the point he is basically done in the league. His best chance would of been to go to Europe and/or maybe holler at Donnie over on the Pacers (though he made a bad name for himself over there as well)

welcometonycity

Rotation player
Damn thats crazy. That story dont make sense though. Where does it say the cop found coke? N Shawne was alone gettin bent? On the side of a store in his whip? Knicks probably got him sad!

CoolClyde

this is Tennessee, where guns and liquor are more accepted than weed and codeine.
the coke bust is probably for the codeine-laced cough syrup.

smoking blunts in a porsche? can you stand out any more?
whatta dicke.

my monday morning QB advice: eat the blunts, drink all the cough syrup,
save yourself some trouble.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Williams

This is unfortunate for Williams, but an intent to sell is a ridiculous overcharge. Under federal law, at least, cough syrup with codeine is a Schedule V controlled substance and its possession, even with intent to distribute, is a misdemeanor. Two blunts is hardly a quantity sufficient to generate an intent to distribute offense. Simple possession of marijuana is a misdemeanor almost everywhere, and not even a crime in Colorado and Washington. Sure, Williams is going to sell the bottle of cough syrup and the blunts to help pay for his Porsche Panamera! I suppose the real crime in Tennesee is driving a Porsche while being black.

welcometonycity

Rotation player
this is Tennessee, where guns and liquor are more accepted than weed and codeine.

whatta dicke.

Word man. You have to eat that ****.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot

whatta dicke.

LOL, the only thing cops would do over here was to ask if can call a friend who'd give him a lift as you can't drive high. :lol: