Today's Roster So Far 7/8/13

petescud

Starter
Shump, Chandler, Melo, Amar'e, Leslie, Hardaway, Bargs, JR Smith, Prigs, Felton....am i missing anyone and when season starts, isn't it 15 players that we'll need? I have 10 listed above

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
In depth chart view

Felton/Prigs/?
Shump/JR/Hardaway
Melo/Leslie/?
STAT/Bargnani/?
Tyson/?/?

Oldtimer

Rotation player
I believe we must have at least 12 on the roster and can have up to 15. We have some spots to fill.

tiger0330

Legend
Shump, Chandler, Melo, Amar'e, Leslie, Hardaway, Bargs, JR Smith, Prigs, Felton....am i missing anyone and when season starts, isn't it 15 players that we'll need? I have 10 listed above
Minimum 13 players. Grunny has some work to do getting 3 players with 1.7M and vet min contracts.

petescud

Starter
Cool, thanks guys...so essentially we need a PG, 2 Fowards and a Center and maybe even a SG...hoping for some good help this year...can't expect miracles with the small amounts of $$ we have though

Kiyaman

Legend
Wow .. I just posted our players under contract (7/8/13) so far in Prince .. "Summer League thread" .. although I wouldnt advise certain members thats in denial to look at my response LMAO

Kiyaman

Legend

Leslie gaurantee is not for the regular season, it ends after pre-season .. giving us 9 players under contract.

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
I think the good thing about Bargs is that he can play both the PF/C. But as we know defensive and rebounding are not his greatest strengths. On the other note he can stretch the floor the offensive end. Looking at that roster is we did get some what younger. But still need good role players.

petescud

Starter
Thanks guys for chiming in and educating me......Forgive me, but i'm going nuts checking all the sports sites and seeing little to no Knicks movement....lol

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
In depth chart view

Felton/Prigs/?
Shump/JR/Hardaway
Melo/Leslie/?
STAT/Bargnani/?
Tyson/?/?

I hate to start this but we all know this isn't the way the roster looks, unfortunately it looks like this:

Felton/?/?
Prigioni/Hardaway/
Shumpert/J.R. Smith/Leslie
Anthony/(Stoudemire/Bargnani combo)
Chandler/?

Woodson loves his two PG sets, and why would that change now... Felton is better when Pablo is on the court, since we all agree J.R. is best as a 6th man, we are one short on the starting rotation... Prigioni did well for us when he started, so this could of the been the incentive for him to return... As for Shumpert at the 3, his defensive skill set works on slowing down most of the league's premiere players...

We also know the Knicks plan on platooning Amare with Andrea so they are the bench behind Anthony just how the breakdown will work is anyone's guess...

Could see A.J. Matthews and Jerome Jordan on the roster behind Chandler but we should hope for a veteran to sign for vet min., need the experience as the depth...

At point guard is the biggest concern as Felton can be sporadic with foul trouble, we need someone who can come in and pickup where Raymond left off and there are only two free agents right now that should be targeted: Aaron Brooks & Will Bynum!!!

We could use another 2G but the rotation at the wings have enough depth to be effective... Worse case scenario Anthony plays some 3, during the season but stays mainly at the 4 spot...

Our main focus should be PG & C on depth, rest of the off-season... We need 2 Big Men, preferably rebounding centers, while finding one scoring point guard...

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer

I hate to start this but we all know this isn't the way the roster looks, unfortunately it looks like this:

Felton/?/?
Prigioni/Hardaway/
Chandler/?

Woodson loves his two PG sets, and why would that change now... Felton is better when Pablo is on the court, since we all agree J.R. is best as a 6th man, we are one short on the starting rotation... Prigioni did well for us when he started, so this could of the been the incentive for him to return... As for Shumpert at the 3, his defensive skill set works on slowing down most of the league's premiere players...

We also know the Knicks plan on platooning Amare with Andrea so they are the bench behind Anthony just how the breakdown will work is anyone's guess...

Could see A.J. Matthews and Jerome Jordan on the roster behind Chandler but we should hope for a veteran to sign for vet min., need the experience as the depth...

At point guard is the biggest concern as Felton can be sporadic with foul trouble, we need someone who can come in and pickup where Raymond left off and there are only two free agents right now that should be targeted: Aaron Brooks & Will Bynum!!!

We could use another 2G but the rotation at the wings have enough depth to be effective... Worse case scenario Anthony plays some 3, during the season but stays mainly at the 4 spot...

Our main focus should be PG & C on depth, rest of the off-season... We need 2 Big Men, preferably rebounding centers, while finding one scoring point guard...

I see where you're going. Especially since Woodson loves the smaller and quicker lineup. But with Bargs being traded I doubt they both come off the bench together. Especially since their rebounding and defense is not up to par. We would lose out on a lot of second chance opportunities and give then up as well. Plain terms get killed inside. Woodson will have to adjust and have a more traditional line up.

Felton
Shump
Anthony
Bargnani
Chandler

Will likely be be the line up with Pablo, JR and Stoudemire coming off the bench. I actually think that would be the way to go. Also agree we need serious depth at the 5. Who's going to come in for rebounding and defense when Tyson's on the bench? Still plenty of work to do.

DrB

Benchwarmer

Felton/?/?
Prigioni/Hardaway/
Chandler/?

All of the comments say that we didn't improve as the NETS did, the Bulls will, the Heat doesn't have to , and Indiana is better. Again I say a MEGA trade is necessary or we are worse than last year but will be younger and healthier.