Knicks #1 Defensive team in preseason.....Yes, you read that right.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Pace: 103.7 (4), Off: 94.1 (30), Def: 92.4 (1)
Three games against N.J. and another against Maccabi Tel Aviv skewed the numbers, but No. 1 defensive team in the preseason? The Knicks? Mike D'Antoni's Knicks? They won't be that good when the games count, but any defensive improvement will help.

From NBA.com Power Rankings.

Yes,you read that right. The Knicks, YOUR NEW YORK KNICKS, were the #1 defensive team in the preseason. I don't care if it was preseason, I don't care if 3 of those games were against the Nets

Savor this moment. You know it won't last long.

how do u know it wont last long.

WE have a shot blocker
WE have athletic guards who can guard several positions,
we have one of the best if not best defensive rebounder in the NBA
our only problem will be as it has been
we dont have that one superstar who plays both sides of the floor
But i see being in the middle of the pack defensively as MIke D set the bar for.

I reallly look at the teams around the league and truthfully the knicks have quite a few solid defenders. We dont have curry playing, Q rich stumbling, Crawford looking lost, Randolph treading water. Chandler plays D, JEfferies plays D, Milicic plays D, DUhon plays D, Hughes Plays D, Douglas PLays D.

Im pretty excited .

45-37

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
how do u know it wont last long.

WE have a shot blocker
WE have athletic guards who can guard several positions,
we have one of the best if not best defensive rebounder in the NBA
our only problem will be as it has been
we dont have that one superstar who plays both sides of the floor
But i see being in the middle of the pack defensively as MIke D set the bar for.

I reallly look at the teams around the league and truthfully the knicks have quite a few solid defenders. We dont have curry playing, Q rich stumbling, Crawford looking lost, Randolph treading water. Chandler plays D, JEfferies plays D, Milicic plays D, DUhon plays D, Hughes Plays D, Douglas PLays D.

Im pretty excited .

45-37

Are you really saying we can be the number one defensive team in the league?

metrocard

Legend
If we play a line up of

Duhon (perimeter defense)
Douglas (man to man defense)
Chandler(help defense)
Lee(defensive rebounding)
Milicic(shotblocking)

Lee/Milicic compliment each other well in my opinion, strengths and weaknesses.

Lee/Milicic could be a very good frontcourt in the NBA...they both have a lot of talent(Lee former McDonalds all American, and Darko was a top 3 pick in the greatest draft in our decade).
The skills are there....I expect big things out of them.

Gallinari has to start at SF...he hasn't earned it, but his skills are way too valuable to be benched.

Damn, now dudes are going to bug out because we have 3 white guys starting.

The problem is the backcourt.

Duhon is too average.
Douglas is too small to play SG, isn't really a PG...doesnt have that blazing PG speed, iono his scoring doesn't impress me that much....shooting isn't great as I thought it would be.
Nate is a bench player forever.

We need starters at the 1-2...

Harrington cannot start because he's Jamal Crawford on steroids
Chandler cannot start because he falls in love with his inefficient 3's...and is SOFT.
Hughes is DONE.
Jefferies was never good.
Jordan Hill doesn't exist.

?
?
Gallinari
Lee
Darko

6th man
Offense guard: Robinson Defense guard: Douglas
Offense forward: Harrington Defense forward: Jefferies

We trade Harrington/Duhon...

celticpride

Rookie
The Knicks might be the best defensive team during the pre season but by the time the regular season rolls around the Celtics will hold the honor of being the best defensive team.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
The Knicks might be the best defensive team during the pre season but by the time the regular season rolls around the Celtics will hold the honor of being the best defensive team.

THERES A CELTIC FAN HERE?:alert::alert::alert:

First a spurs fan, then a wolves fan, now this?

This is going to be hilarious:lol:

JayJ44

Starter
132689691.gif

JayJ44

Starter
Anthony Peeler was a punk for doing that to KG.Too bad he had to resort to acting like a hoodlum on the court since he was a horrible basketball player.

Perhaps, but it made me laugh. KG kinda deserved it though. He's always starting shit with other players.

JayJ44

Starter
KG might get inside the heads of other NBA players but everybody will remember him as a team leader,an MVP and a champion.

You call it getting inside the head of other players, I call it disrespecting them. Personally, before I remember his MVP or his championship, I'm gonna remember him as the dickhead who gets on all 4's while guarding players and the douchebag who talks trash even when he's out with an injury.

celticpride

Rookie
You call it getting inside the head of other players, I call it disrespecting them. Personally, before I remember his MVP or his championship, I'm gonna remember him as the dickhead who gets on all 4's while guarding players and the douchebag who talks trash even when he's out with an injury.

Patrick Ewing, Charles Oakley and Latrell Sprewell were no saints when they played for the Knicks but many fans remember them for helping the Knicks get to the playoffs.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I'd just like to know why there's a celtic fan on here.Oh well, you seem more respectable then that "Knicks" fan with a Marbury in a celtic uniform avatar, unless, you are him.