Knicks V Blazers - Tuesday, Jan 1 2013. HNY, KO!

Rob Low

Rotation player
Grunwald should try to see if he can make a 3 team trade with Utah. They're most likely gonna trade Milsap by the trade deadline. I think he would put us over the top. The hard part would be trying to find a 3rd team that would be wiling to take Amare. I know this would probably never happen but maybe we can rip someone off for once.

knicksin60

Starter
Grunwald should try to see if he can make a 3 team trade with Utah. They're most likely gonna trade Milsap by the trade deadline. I think he would put us over the top. The hard part would be trying to find a 3rd team that would be wiling to take Amare. I know this would probably never happen but maybe we can rip someone off for once.

I don't know if this trade makes that much sense but this is my trade proposal.

The Knicks get:Millsap and Mo Williams

The Magic get: Amar'e Stoudemire

The Jazz get: Nelson and Turkoglu and a first round pick

CA7

Scoring Champ
you guys need to relax man we've still yet to see this team

Felton/Shumpert/Anthony/Stoudemire/Chandler
Kidd/Smith/Novak/Wallace/Camby
Prigoni/Brewer/White/Copeland/Thomas

we got 3 key players out with injury, STAT is rusty, Brewer is slumpin, Camby just finding his rhythm, Tyson playing inconsistent and Carmelo dealing with nagging injuries

CoolClyde

once again, panic mode sets in after a loss that Knicks surely could have won. someone blame Felton!

as a Red one pointed out recently, perimeter and interior D, along with rebounding are key components Knicks must strive to get better at. consecutive losses due to other team grabbing huge lead due to lack of perimeter D and dropping of 3's, or lack of interior D leading to in-the-paint scoring.

Hickson going wild, Batum hitting killer 3's, LaMarcus scoring/bounding at wll, Lilliard doing everything right. other than Melo and JR, who had it going on for NYK?

Brewer? Cope? Camby?
Novak, again invisible with 1 rebound in 20 minutes? suck!

1st game back for STAT, his contribution in 3Q gave a glimpse of what we can expect as he gets his rhythm and loses the rust. when Shump comes back NYK will get even better.

for now, Wood Son needs to concentrate on defense and stop teams from building up leads.

it doesn't make sense to waste your time with ridiculous fantasy trades, and what-if, could've should've BS. it's fine to blow up your fantasy team, but this is the real world with a thin team finally getting some of their best players back, slowly but surely... have faith. as long as Knicks stay in the hunt, and get healthy, good things are bound to happen. losses happen, sh*it happens.

where's the Felton haters now? Kidd and Prig aint' gettin it done. seems we need Ray's game to pound it into the paint, and even if he's missing, get Chandler the put backs he hasn't had in the last couple losses.

whatever, Knicks were outhustled again. STAT's back and that's that.

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
once again, panic mode sets in after a loss that Knicks surely could have won. someone blame Felton!

as a Red one pointed out recently, perimeter and interior D, along with rebounding are key components Knicks must strive to get better at. consecutive losses due to other team grabbing huge lead due to lack of perimeter D and dropping of 3's, or lack of interior D leading to in-the-paint scoring.

Hickson going wild, Batum hitting killer 3's, LaMarcus scoring/bounding at wll, Lilliard doing everything right. other than Melo and JR, who had it going on for NYK?

Brewer? Cope? Camby?

1st game back for STAT, his contribution in 3Q gave a glimpse of what we can expect as he gets his rhythm and loses the rust. when Shump comes back NYK will get even better.

for now, Wood Son needs to concentrate on defense and stop teams from building up leads.

it doesn't make sense to waste your time with ridiculous fantasy trades, and what-if, could've should've BS. it's fine to blow up your fantasy team, but this is the real world with a thin team finally getting some of their best players back, slowly but surely... have faith. as long as Knicks stay in the hunt, and get healthy, good things are bound to happen. losses happen, sh*it happens.

where's the Felton haters now? Kidd and Prig aint' gettin it done. seems we need Ray's game to pound it into the paint, and even if he's missing, get Chandler the put backs he hasn't had in the last couple losses.

Only 2 days into the new year and I think we've found our post of the year ladies and gentleman.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
This site is like a drug addict, when the stress increases resort to your drug of choice. In our case after each loss we start fantasy trading to ease our stress. It's sad, lets accept the loss and move on. Our defense is down right disgusting! How come it seems every game a marginal player has a career night on us, always. It's not offense that's the problem but the only person to ball for us is melo and jr. I'm still cool without Felton because he wouldn't have made us better defensively last night. Yea he would have hit a few shots but he can be inept on D so he wouldn't have helped last night. And besides how many shots would he have taken and possessions wasted to get 12 points

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

deamon

Benchwarmer
I'm still cool without Felton because he wouldn't have made us better defensively last night. Yea he would have hit a few shots but he can be inept on D so he wouldn't have helped last night. And besides how many shots would he have taken and possessions wasted to get 12 points

This +1.
:gony:

mafra

Legend
Last night just shows that Amar'e gets a bad rap sometimes. Novak-Kidd-Priggs score a combined 2 points with 6 assists, and were like 0-10 from 3. Pathetic. Knicks lose b/c of that offensive production, or lack of, but the bashers will point out that the Melo-Amar'e duo lost yet again.

Knicks need Shumpert back. He'll help with the defense. BUt NY needs to gigure something out while Felton is gone. Kidd is not a full-time PG anymore. Priggs isn't a backup PG. AT best, the 3rd stronger. NY might need to go out and do something to find a PG soon.

Red

TYPE-A

Brewer? Cope? Camby?

At 11 games over .500, panic isn't an option.

But I have to say my patience is wearing on Novak. Between he and Brewer 0 points! O'hell no, let's not get I twisted... no more invisible man ****.

Bench this dude and anyone who doesn't contribute. Really this is a great learning experience becaue what we saw early was a bit of fools gold or false positive.

As everyone and their mother has noticed:
1. Can't rely too much on threes. Note to coach, IF THE 3'S AREN'T DROPPING- DRIVE TO THE LANE. Hello coach!?!

2. Novak is becoming as useless as tits on a bull. Have a seat alllllll the way down there please.

3. Size = better defense & rebounding which = wins.

Our team defense is "slipping". Recognize our defenders and play them coach. I see we miss Sheed (who played D) and Shump can't return soon enough.

So the lesson is without our top notch D it's a crap shoot. In order to achieve this we have to take a step back and re-evaluate. Smith deserves to start. Novak must sit. Injuries must heal. And we still need time to gel.

Talk about taking a step back to take 2 forward.

welcometonycity

Rotation player
We flat out got out played.

3 point shooting was terrible!

We would of got blown out this game if it wasn't for Melo or Jr!

Hickson went off first half!

Batum was shooting lights out!

L.Aldridge made some clutch buckets with Chandler in his shirt defending!

Lillard flat out killed our lack our Pg's they coulnt keep up with him. Although Prigioni guarded him better then Kidd Imo.

As for Stat, hes just rusty. They we attacking him like crazy on the defensive end! He look fatigued quickly. Once he gets back in shape look for him to perform top notch!

mafra

Legend
Last night was the start of the 4th part of our 8-part season. We've completed 3/8ths so far, and after 9 games will be at the halfway mark.

8-2
7-3
6-4

This is what we did the first 3 parts of 10-block sets. NOt too shabby, especially b/c playing w/out Melo caused us to drop to 6-4 in our last stint of 10 games.

Sure, we lost last night. EVEN PLAYING LIKE CRAP though, Melo still had a look from downtown that would have tied it with 15 seconds left. And if he didn't miss 2 free throws late in the game, it might have been a game winner.

SAC beat us at the buzzer.

Let's face it, the WEST is causing us fits. MEM, DAL, LAK, HOU (2x), SAC, POR. On the EASTERN FRONT, we've lost to BKN and CHI twice.

Knicks are doing what they need to do. SImple as that. The must finish with a top-3 seed, and if they do they avoid MIA until the Eastern Conf Finals. It appears we are on track to accomplish that.

Sure, we struggle at the free throw line (and even getting there). We are near the bottom in the NBA rebounding and sihing out assists. In the long run, if this continues, this will be our downfall. Giving opponents 2nd and 3rd chances, missing FTs and not moving the ball on offense...

BUT, Knicks have built a cushion. Next 3 months is all about getting healthy and working Amar'e, Shumpert, Camby & Sheed into the rotation.

The Felton injury hurts. Kidd and Priggs don't appear to be capable to handle the duties. It might be time to look elsewhere or ask Smith to run the offense.

We live and die by the 3... That is also evident. I don't trust NOvak at all. He is the Nick Swisher of NBA. Over the course of 82 games, he'll knock down a ton of 3s... BUt in a big game, in a big spot, he is the last guy I want to see firing the ball. If he isn't hitting the 3, get him off the court.

Brewer will be out of the rotation the moment Shump returns, and Kut Thomas is showing he offers little as well.

Last night was about the poor guard play from Novak-Kidd-Priggs. It was about 2 starters not scoring (Kidd & Thomas). BLaming the loss on AMAR'E and lack of chemistry with Melo is stupid.

With that said, Amar'e having 1 rebound is an omen. If he doesn't crash the boards, then he doesn't deserve to be on the court.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
People dont realize that some of these guys were only added for depth, This isnt exactly the squad that needs to be on the floor. When this team is all legit 100% and we're losing bullsh!t games THEN we panic.

Until then...we need more trade scenarios because I still dont think we'll be good enough :teeth:

bigapple

Starter
that game was disaster look @ stats

Jr MELO only they were playing Chandler just 10 pts

others NONE total zero effect and this is main FACTOR that we lost

score was 100- 103 even when MELO will hit 103-103 They still got time to score

for me Brewer is bench for Pablo

THomas what he done 3 fouls and done and this is S5 player?

current s5 should be like this J-Kidd Pablo/JR Chandler Melo and Copeland

biggest problem is NO fastbreaks they absolute doin no fastbreaks after reb its sux

no box out look @ heat Miller Lebron Antony Bosh all 4 are skying for reb.

with current play Spurs will eat us on dinner with rice as addon

Scipio

Benchwarmer
I`m not that concerned about this loss. We have players injured, banged up and coming back from injury but two things really do worry me.

1. Our Defense has all but vanished lately. We started the season by locking teams down and shackling their scoring. Over the last few games we have been giving up 30 or more points in the first quarters alone. Once you do that then two things happen. First, you are immediately having to chase from behind and also you give confidence to the opposition that they can score at will. Tyson chandler seems to have vanished as a defensive force and yet still Marcus Camby barely gets any minutes. We must improve our defense. I noticed that before the game they were talking about how the time off had allowed Mike Woodson to talk to his players about the need to get back to our defensive play. Well, even that didn`t improve our defense.

2. What is of real concern is that we have come out during the last half a dozen games or so completely flat. Our players don`t seem to have any energy or drive to start games off. They seem flat and almost uninterested. That is a very worrying sign.

I`m not panicking as some on this forum are. Please can`t we stop with this pathetic,constant fantasy trade talk every time we lose a game or play badly, it`s ridiculous. We will sort it out and with players coming back from injury and improving their fitness we will return to our early season brilliance, I`m sure of that.

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
I feel like coach Dambtony is still here coaching first half of last 10 or so games. No D, no passion, indifference.
It feels like coach Woodson comes back and replaces Mike in the lucker room before the second half, puts some fire under knick players asses, they come out after the brake swinging, fighting, defending, running, but guess what? Its too late fellas, the game is preatty much over because you gave all the confidence, momentum to your opponent and there is not much you can do to turn it around. Too late.
I watch Knicks since 1990, and it never changed. We always playing down to competition, it does not metter if we have a good team or bad team.
Hard to explain it but its true. I know other teams do it too, but real championship contenders dont. Miami could be an exeption here, as they lose here and there to bad teams, but i guarantee you that they will have a better record than us and will have a home court advantage in the playoffs.
I dont think we can beat them if we dont have a home court adv.
We will see, i hope i am wrong, but losing to bad teams at home or on the road may hurt us in the long run.
Woody is a good coach, i am sure he understans this, but lets see if he can fix this problem.

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
I`m not that concerned about this loss. We have players injured, banged up and coming back from injury but two things really do worry me.

1. Our Defense has all but vanished lately. We started the season by locking teams down and shackling their scoring. Over the last few games we have been giving up 30 or more points in the first quarters alone. Once you do that then two things happen. First, you are immediately having to chase from behind and also you give confidence to the opposition that they can score at will. Tyson chandler seems to have vanished as a defensive force and yet still Marcus Camby barely gets any minutes. We must improve our defense. I noticed that before the game they were talking about how the time off had allowed Mike Woodson to talk to his players about the need to get back to our defensive play. Well, even that didn`t improve our defense.

2. What is of real concern is that we have come out during the last half a dozen games or so completely flat. Our players don`t seem to have any energy or drive to start games off. They seem flat and almost uninterested. That is a very worrying sign.

I`m not panicking as some on this forum are. Please can`t we stop with this pathetic,constant fantasy trade talk every time we lose a game or play badly, it`s ridiculous. We will sort it out and with players coming back from injury and improving their fitness we will return to our early season brilliance, I`m sure of that.

More minutes for Brewer, especially with Felton out. We need the 1 -1 defense especially with Kidd starting at the point. Tough time against quicker point guards. Brewer allows the Knicks to put Kidd back out on the wing where he's best as a free safety. Plus I think with Felton down, Kidd is less aggressive in terms of his hustle, he's saving gas.

deamon

Benchwarmer
39 y o guy played 33 min per game in his lat 5 games. TOO MUCH!!!
Don't expect in 6th game he will make shots and run offense as top PG.

Kiyaman

Legend
I mean Melo and JR just balled their asses off, I gotta put this loss on Tyson Chandler and the defense collectively. We let a lot of easy baskets go in for Portland, gave up a lot of rebounds and let Portland control the pace and get into our interior with ease.

There is something personal going on in MSG Melo & Amare lockerroom ..
its to many injuries plus the two 100M gell like shiiii in any lineup.
This game prove two things, the Spurs will hand us a 3rd straight loss,
and the Knicks will be involved in a big-trade before the trade-deadline.

When your $100M player returns from a long injury, u expect the entire
team to go all out for the win, especially a HOME Game .. o.k it was Holidays.
But my fam wouldve tape his fractured picky-finger to his ring-finger to play the day I return .. o.k maybe not during the Holidays lol

Melo & JR are just as guilty as Tyson & coach Woodson for a 2nd straight shiiiidy first-half performance .. o.k its da Holidays.
But coach Woodson lost his fffing mind, "what idiot Knicks-fans want to see a line-up with Amare & Melo in it" .. I know I can wait.
woodson is scared to break-down to keep the Knicks winning, by making a two-unit lineup rotation in 2013 for the return of Camby/Amare/Shump .. the perfect trio to put in a lineup with rookies Pablo & Copeland.

(a return) Amare's majority of minutes shouldve been in the first-half of the game in a bench-unit lineup, the 2nd-half shouldve been given to Melo's crew so Tyson, Novak, JR, could build a stronger-bond guiding rookie PG-Pablo .. replacing Felton's minutes the next 15 plus games.

39 y o guy played 33 min per game in his lat 5 games. TOO MUCH!!!
Don't expect in 6th game he will make shots and run offense as top PG.

:agreed::agreed::agreed:
its hard to believe our 50+ Win season
are at the mercy of Felton's 30 minutes per game