Where the hell are the offer sheets at?

Paul1355

All Star
why didnt we just offer a contract first

because as Tommybeer said on twitter, we have his bird rights but we couldn't offer as much money as Lin wanted unless we matched an offer by a previous team.

Also, if we gave an offer and some team came in and gave him a better offer then Lin would feel like the Knicks under-valued him.

Lin met with Woodson and Grunwald a month before teams were allowed to meet with players and odds are they went over what they would do. I believe Lin knew that the KNicks would let him look at offers and then simply match it so he was content knowing that they valued him at the same price as any other team.

it is a smart move but yet one that is biting them now that Houston gave the poison pill contract, yet we have to match.

Kiyaman

Legend
Rockets added a big poison pill in the 3rd year, 5, 5.2 and then 14.9, when the Knicks are projected to be at 90 million, coinciding with CBA rules of a stiffer luxury tax. Is that supposed to scare off the Knicks?

If both Lin & Fields have two consecutive dynamic seasons with Tyson/Camby/Stat/Melo/Kidd .. NBA teams will be looking to break the Knicks teams up before the third season, by having several teams under the cap willing to trade for Knicks expensive winning players.

If GM Grunwald is blinded of what a huge impact coach Mike Woodson will get from having a Knicks rotation of "Kidd/Lin/Fields/Novak/Melo/Stat/Camby/Tyson" in just one season .. phone ringing off the hook on trade deadline date, and 2013 offseason for trades .. then maybe Knicks GM is the wrong job for Grunwald.

u got to give a little to get a lot

Kiyaman

Legend
because as Tommybeer said on twitter, we have his bird rights but we couldn't offer as much money as Lin wanted unless we matched an offer by a previous team.

Also, if we gave an offer and some team came in and gave him a better offer then Lin would feel like the Knicks under-valued him.

Lin met with Woodson and Grunwald a month before teams were allowed to meet with players and odds are they went over what they would do. I believe Lin knew that the KNicks would let him look at offers and then simply match it so he was content knowing that they valued him at the same price as any other team.

it is a smart move but yet one that is biting them now that Houston gave the poison pill contract, yet we have to match.

Knicks gave the Rockets our 2012 first round pick to take Jefferies $6.6M final year contract off our back for the 2010 offseason .. the Knicks had to pay half of T-Mac final year $19M contract for that move.

Marcus Camby was an unrestricted FA on July 1st.
The Knicks got robbed for more than the new luxury tax by making Camby a Knicks without using our MLE .. of Budinger for JR.Smith was included in that sign n trade then it wouldve been equal.

Thats two consecutive ROBBERIES committed on the Knicks by the Houston Rockets. Now the Rockets are holding us hostage at what we will scale out for our restricted FA PG-Lin.

Paul1355

All Star
Knicks gave the Rockets our 2012 first round pick to take Jefferies $6.6M final year contract off our back for the 2010 offseason .. the Knicks had to pay half of T-Mac final year $19M contract for that move.

Marcus Camby was an unrestricted FA on July 1st.
The Knicks got robbed for more than the new luxury tax by making Camby a Knicks without using our MLE .. of Budinger for JR.Smith was included in that sign n trade then it wouldve been equal.

Thats two consecutive ROBBERIES committed on the Knicks by the Houston Rockets. Now the Rockets are holding us hostage at what we will scale out for our restricted FA PG-Lin.

yea but we have improved even though we lost assets

elcol

Rotation player
According to Marc Berman, no courier or messenger contacted Grunwald and presented to him the updated offer sheet in las vegas today, therefore prolonging this even more..

It would be a nuclear disaster if we have a flash in the pan bench warming PG making 14.9 million. Lin is really making me smfh, if we were the T-Wolves he would be lucky if he made $5 million in his third year. He better pay off because we all know what happened to the last "promising" Asian PG...

Sun+Yue+at+his+Laker+press+conference.jpg

Lin could pave the way for future asian players in this league but he is acting like a self centered dick during this free agency and he needs to come back to earth, we really haven't seen how he would play with a full healthy lineup and we have seen that against elite defensive PG's he is completely obsolete.

PROVE YO' SELF FOO

156275d1265165118-500-sereis-eqs-comparisons-favorites-mr-t.jpg

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
The rockets are an absolute mess.

According to Marc Berman, no courier or messenger contacted Grunwald and presented to him the updated offer sheet in las vegas today, therefore prolonging this even more..

Rockets so far unable to hand deliver Lin offer sheet. Knicks refused to accept at team hotel. Glen Grunwald not at practice yest, gm today.
15 Jul 12 ReplyRetweetFavorite

Jonathan Feigen@Jonathan_Feigen
Rockets had a courier knocking on doors at hotel, call room. Could not get someone to accept offer sheet yesterday.

Rockets FedExed offer sheet to Knicks offices in NY, but league said GM Glen Grunwald must receive it himself. Clock to match at standstill.

Letting the Rockets sweat it out before matching.....?

Seriously contemplating other options?

Looking to S&T Lin?

On and on and on it goes.

WeReady

Benchwarmer
grunwald is doing this on purpose because he knows that houston wants dwight or bynum and other free agents that are on the knicks radar so he is just d*cking around with them to delay houston time table

tkrieger

Benchwarmer
PR Mine Field?

I have a personal theory.........

I don't know whether Lin does or does not want to stay on the Knicks..... Fans can drive themselves crazy over the speculation. But I do think there might be an attempt to play the New York media in order to discourage the Knicks from matching the offer....... And I think whatever stall tactics are taking place is to create some sort of conjured up backlash toward Lin, whether it was warranted or not.

Furthermore, Lin might be seeing what's going on in the media, and he might have balked at signing the offer sheet. He could be caught in the middle of potential chicanery in the media to sour perception. If Lin ends up signing an offer sheet considerably smaller than first reported, this could be why.

I thought that Lin handled the initial "Mad at the Knicks" story like a slick politician, but I get this sinking feeling he could be walking into a PR mine field.

Seba

Benchwarmer
Mark Haggard ‏@allzoner
Felton also said the Knicks deal with Jeremy Lin is off
Abrir
Responder Retwittear Favorito
1h Mark Haggard ‏@allzoner
Just got off the phone with NBA free agent Raymond Felton. He says a deal is about to be completed sending him back to the NY Knicks.

https://twitter.com/allzoner

Seba

Benchwarmer
I have a personal theory.........

I don't know whether Lin does or does not want to stay on the Knicks..... Fans can drive themselves crazy over the speculation. But I do think there might be an attempt to play the New York media in order to discourage the Knicks from matching the offer....... And I think whatever stall tactics are taking place is to create some sort of conjured up backlash toward Lin, whether it was warranted or not.

Furthermore, Lin might be seeing what's going on in the media, and he might have balked at signing the offer sheet. He could be caught in the middle of what could be chicanery in the media to sour perception. If Lin ends up signing an offer sheet considerably smaller than first reported, this could be why.

I thought the Lin handled the initial "Mad at the Knicks" story like a slick politician, but I get this sinking feeling he could be walking into a PR mine field.

He already signed the offer. Nothing can be reverted now, even if the Knicks haven't seen it yet. It's just a formality.

Paul1355

All Star
Mark Haggard ‏@allzoner
Felton also said the Knicks deal with Jeremy Lin is off
Abrir
Responder Retwittear Favorito
1h Mark Haggard ‏@allzoner
Just got off the phone with NBA free agent Raymond Felton. He says a deal is about to be completed sending him back to the NY Knicks.

https://twitter.com/allzoner

made a thread for this...this needs its own thread

twitter is blowin up

CoolClyde

Where's Grunwaldo?

Crazy⑧s;241987 said:
Rockets so far unable to hand deliver Lin offer sheet. Knicks refused to accept at team hotel. Glen Grunwald not at practice yest, gm today.

Rockets had a courier knocking on doors at hotel, call room. Could not get someone to accept offer sheet yesterday.

Rockets FedExed offer sheet to Knicks offices in NY, but league said GM Glen Grunwald must receive it himself. Clock to match at standstill.
hahaha. where's Grunwaldo?
grunwaldo.jpg

f*ck you Houston! sweat it out!

WeReady

Benchwarmer
We will know Lin's fate 3 day from today

Al Iannazzone ‏@Al_Iannazzone
A league source confirmed that the Knicks have received the offer sheet from the Rockets