D'Antoni WILL GET FIRED THIS WEEKEND!

you cant fire someone thats on a trend toward a cohesive dominating offense, especially when he's doing it without a pg. dolan and isiah could be in his ear telling him play novak jordan bibby and lin more but he just doesnt deserve to be fired right now. if this came up a week ago i'd be all for it but melo is playing team offense and its spreading like a virus.
Still sippin the kool aid from that Pistons game I see....

Paul1355

All Star
Melo's playing team offense, Amar'e is scoring off the pick and roll (it took them three months to start running the pick and roll, but at least they did it eventually), and Landry Fields is looking like an NBA starter again.

It sucks, but one has to ask how far we can get with this coach if he puts Steve ****ing Novak into the game with four seconds left to go.

when was the last time Novak even played in a game?

Wargames

Starter
I mean the roster sucks.... Fine we all know that. But every game that TD has played against the celtics (though you could just say every game) has been bad.

KG abuses him and Rondo plows through him so why play him so heavily in the second half? Why put Novak in when he hasn't played all game. You guys remember Clutch 3 (Relatively speaking) Shawne Williams Right? He played minutes in a game and got into a rhythm and then would be clutch. Novak hasn't played for a few games and then gets mobbed by the Boston Cheaters because that is how they are allowed to play. Like I said 2-2 would give him a chance so they're is still a chance Dolan lets him rock..... Hell knowing Dolan always makes the wrong move I expect D'antoni to have his job right up to the point it becomes clear the knicks can't get into the playoffs without a miracle. So lets say Mid March.

mda_smash.gif

The player say they're behind him but they can't seem to win against anybody.

gaknickfan

Benchwarmer
you cant fire someone thats on a trend toward a cohesive dominating offense, especially when he's doing it without a pg. dolan and isiah could be in his ear telling him play novak jordan bibby and lin more but he just doesnt deserve to be fired right now. if this came up a week ago i'd be all for it but melo is playing team offense and its spreading like a virus.

hmmmmm yeah man good point..... NOT..... pass the damn weed you had to much!!! :smokin:

Must be a special day for Knicks fans, jerk-off time I guess....

Now we're contenders...surely...it was all about the coach....he's an undercover agent of the Miami Heat, throwing games to prevent this marvelous roster from winning the 9 championships they're capable of and deserve.

I can't wait for the first round Playoff massacre by the hands of Miami, they'll murder these Knicks and your heroes Stoudemire and Melo will bugger off through the backdoor just like last year.....

I guess it'll be Woodson's fault then (Who'll be our new HC).

He isn't fired yet... not even sure if that rumor has something to do with reality.

Yeah, but the chivvy against D'Antoni on this board is getting absurb.

He's not the best coach, arguably not a great coach, but to blame him for everything that went wrong and initiate a hate-campaign against him is ridiculous.

I could understand the hate towards Isiah 100%, he almost destroyed the franchise with his incredibly stupid and egomaniac moves as a general manager and in addition to that he hurt our image with that sexual harassment charge.....but D'Antoni? Come on guys....I almost feel sorry for that dude.

He might be an idiot or not, I don't know him, but I really don't think he deserves the hate and all the blame he's getting.

Did he ever have a roster that suited him in New York?

I don't think so. We did pretty well last season when we had like 5 or 6 players who suited his style.

Remember that he was against the Melo trade...alongside Donnie Walsh. Might have been because of Gallo or because he saw this depth and chemistry issue coming, who knows but fact is he was against the trade.

He has never misbehaved towards the fans or anything like that.

I don't like his coaching methods either and I agree that he is a one trick poney (you either give him great shooters/passers/ball handlers or you're in trouble) and I think it's time for a change coaching wise, but by god our so called superstars are just as bad as him and one-trick poneys themselves.

I think it's unfair to solely blame D'Antoni, if 'blame' is the right word at all...I mean I can't really blame him for our record. I can hold him accountable but we should also remember that Dolan pulled the trigger on the Melo trade.....and o our 3 'star-players' (I'm so sick of all these media phrases).....let's just call them our 3 most important players....only Chandler has delivered so far. We're talking about grown men who have families and several business projects going, they know very well what they're doing, so to claim they can't perform because D'Antoni doesn't draw up plays for them or doesn't tell them what they have to do in every situation is ludicrous.

IMHO they're as accountable for our terrible record since the Melo trade as coach D'Antoni.

Dolan
D'Antoni
Stoudemire
Melo

are all to blame simultaneously.

Kiyaman

Legend
He won't get fired. It's his last contract year. Nobody gets fired in their last year..

u right....at the (1-9) start in the 2009-10 season Dantoni shouldve been FIRED.

When a headcoach teach all "BAD-HABITS" to his players, especially to all the young-players any time is the right time for to be FIRED.
Interim GM Grunwald shouldve been on Dantoni when he seen our poor guard substitution....

petescud

Starter
Had to laugh at JVG saying Dantoni is a good coach. Jeff always speaks well of other coaches. Good coaches don't make a guy (Novak) who hasn't played all game take a clutch 3 with the game on the line...sorry

Also, with a minute left in the game and down by a few pts drive to the basket more instead of these 25 ft shots all game. it would open up the floor more so we can use our strengths

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
Had to laugh at JVG saying Dantoni is a good coach. Jeff always speaks well of other coaches. Good coaches don't make a guy (Novak) who hasn't played all game take a clutch 3 with the game on the line...sorry

Also, with a minute left in the game and down by a few pts drive to the basket more instead of these 25 ft shots all game. it would open up the floor more so we can use our strengths

Exactly, once again poor coaching and poor decisions, very poor decisions by this guy, why not be smart and let Lin play more he was doing great ... Dumb ass coach

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
TD should never play PG, only SG... I mean we had Bibby, Lin, and Shumpert why not rotate between them 3?? Why not Bibby before TD? Like it boggles my mind this coach is pure bred retard

Number3

Benchwarmer
We need a PG that gets in the paint... and he have in!!! wth!!! open your eyes D'Antoni... how bout you have Lin play together with the Starting roster so they can get used to each other....and take Douglas to the D-League

So Jeff Van Gundy is a retard too?

Man why didn't you guys have a career in coaching? Your unfailing knowledge about basketball is wasted now....

Only Knicks fans are that dogmatic it seems...

Even Stephen A. said a couple of days ago that the current crisis is not about the coach.....basically everybody who knows a tiny bit about basketball (and made a career out of it) is not (solely) blaming D'Antoni for our current **** up......honestly you guys need to coach one day or STFU

KingofNy

Starter
The losses to both Chicago and Boston weren't horrible IMO. Both games came down up to the last shot. We're just starting to improve right now. I don't expect them to lose 9 out of 10 games and then suddenly beat the crap out of two of the best teams in the Eastern Conference.

LOL @ people who are happy that we played two decent teams down to the wire but lost. There's no difference to losing like that than losing by 30, it's still a loss. We lost those last two games because MDA mismanaged the roster and had no play to spring an open shooter at the end of the game.

Melo has 20 game-winning shots in his career right behind Kobe, why did MDA not have a play ran for MELO instead of an ICE-COLD Novak who hasn't touched the court in a week? D'Antoni sucks bro, he's done.

Purch.

Rookie
LOL @ people who are happy that we played two decent teams down to the wire but lost. There's no difference to losing like that than losing by 30, it's still a loss. We lost those last two games because MDA mismanaged the roster and had no play to spring an open shooter at the end of the game.

Melo has 20 game-winning shots in his career right behind Kobe, why did MDA not have a play ran for MELO instead of an ICE-COLD Novak who hasn't touched the court in a week? D'Antoni sucks bro, he's done.

How do people keep thinking that play was for Novak? If they had a time out left I can guarantee you D'antoni would've called it rather than forcing the ball to Novak. Now, I'm not saying D'antoni is a good coach by any stretch of the imagination, like the whole taking Lin out for Douglas call was beyond stupid, but I would rather have Novak on the floor on the off chance of him having to take that shot than Jeffries (If I remember right Chandler just got fouled out so it was Stat, Novak, Melo, Shump, and Fields).

First post~

nuckles2k2

Superstar
So Jeff Van Gundy is a retard too?

Man why didn't you guys have a career in coaching? Your unfailing knowledge about basketball is wasted now....

Only Knicks fans are that dogmatic it seems...

Even Stephen A. said a couple of days ago that the current crisis is not about the coach.....basically everybody who knows a tiny bit about basketball (and made a career out of it) is not (solely) blaming D'Antoni for our current **** up......honestly you guys need to coach one day or STFU

To be fair tho, JVG does always speak well of coaches.

You keep stressing that it's not solely MDA, and clearly it's not. You can also have the irrational thinking that the players will police themselves to the point of a complete 180 degree turn around. Maybe a few "players only" meetings will suddenly turn TD into a point guard; or STAT will start running one man pick and rolls; or Lin will stay on the court and force technical foul shots for 6 men on the court until TD or Shump decides to leave the court.

Yea, it's not solely MDA, but he's the one in charge of making sure everyone else does what they're supposed to do. I don't have to be a coach to see that Fields is on the ball, having STAT set a screen for him, and then Fields is making smart decisions...driving, shooting, dishing, or feeding STAT. But then the second half of the game comes around, and no more screens for Fields when he's on the ball. I don't care if it's you, JVG, Phil, Sloan, Missy Peregrym, or Jesus, saying "but see...that's not on the coach" because when a coach sees a viable tactic being abandoned, it's up to HIM to get on his guys and have them go back to it until the defense shows they can stop it. And if a player isn't responding, bench him.

Why does it seem that people need those in the media to think for them for some reason? Be it what Steph says on twitter, or what JVG says in a game, or what Bill Simmons is saying, or articles from his Grantland blog...I mean...we are watching the games, correct?

When was the last time you saw MDA reprimand STAT for anything? The last time I remember someone getting on him was last season. Phil Weber was in his face, shouting, pointing at STAT's chest, and Amar'e was sitting there, head downish, and nodding. It wasn't D'Antoni, it was Weber.

There was a post game interview this year where MDA was asked about Melo going 2 for 12 in three quarters and he said "it's ok, we were up 8, we don't even look at stats in that manner anyway." So...are you really surprised Melo is shooting 40% and STAT, 44%?

Phil told MJ and Kobe to stop shooting with media and teammate manipulation. Popavich will bench you regardless of who you are, how many sneakers you have on the market, or your pay scale.

MDA is still letting Toney Douglas play.

Excuse me for respectfully not giving a **** about what JVG has to say from a commentator stand point. My eyes aren't lying to me. I'll go by that as opposed to the politically correct "opinion" of another human being.

Purch.

Rookie
When was the last time you saw MDA reprimand STAT for anything? The last time I remember someone getting on him was last season. Phil Weber was in his face, shouting, pointing at STAT's chest, and Amar'e was sitting there, head downish, and nodding. It wasn't D'Antoni, it was Weber.

This is the thing that pisses me off the most, it seems like he has no real control of the team, even if D'antoni does try to get on a player for doing something it seems they don't even listen because the players know it's just empty threats because of his stupid 8 player rotation. I can see him losing complete control of this team if they keep this losing streak going and Woodson doesn't take over.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
To be fair tho, JVG does always speak well of coaches.

You keep stressing that it's not solely MDA, and clearly it's not. You can also have the irrational thinking that the players will police themselves to the point of a complete 180 degree turn around. Maybe a few "players only" meetings will suddenly turn TD into a point guard; or STAT will start running one man pick and rolls; or Lin will stay on the court and force technical foul shots for 6 men on the court until TD or Shump decides to leave the court.

Yea, it's not solely MDA, but he's the one in charge of making sure everyone else does what they're supposed to do. I don't have to be a coach to see that Fields is on the ball, having STAT set a screen for him, and then Fields is making smart decisions...driving, shooting, dishing, or feeding STAT. But then the second half of the game comes around, and no more screens for Fields when he's on the ball. I don't care if it's you, JVG, Phil, Sloan, Missy Peregrym, or Jesus, saying "but see...that's not on the coach" because when a coach sees a viable tactic being abandoned, it's up to HIM to get on his guys and have them go back to it until the defense shows they can stop it. And if a player isn't responding, bench him.

Why does it seem that people need those in the media to think for them for some reason? Be it what Steph says on twitter, or what JVG says in a game, or what Bill Simmons is saying, or articles from his Grantland blog...I mean...we are watching the games, correct?

There was a post game interview this year where MDA was asked about Melo going 2 for 12 in three quarters and he said "it's ok, we were up 8, we don't even look at stats in that manner anyway." So...are you really surprised Melo is shooting 40% and STAT, 44%?

Phil told MJ and Kobe to stop shooting with media and teammate manipulation. Popavich will bench you regardless of who you are, how many sneakers you have on the market, or your pay scale.

MDA is still letting Toney Douglas play.

Excuse me for respectfully not giving a **** about what JVG has to say from a commentator stand point. My eyes aren't lying to me. I'll go by that as opposed to the politically correct "opinion" of another human being.

Fantastic post. Sums up everything perfectly. How there is anybody who still supports Dumbphoney is beyond me. The man is clearly a dickhead and the worst coach in the NBA.

Although Sprewell-Houston seems to love the guy.