Clippers Acquire Camby

YEARITEHERE

Benchwarmer
The Los Angeles Clippers today acquired forward Marcus Camby from the Denver Nuggets in exchange for a future second round draft pick. The NBA Defensive Player of the Year in 2006-07, Camby comes to the Clippers with a reputation as one of the top defenders in the league. A 12-year veteran, Camby led the NBA in blocked shots last year (3.61) for the third straight season, becoming only the second player in NBA history to lead the league in three consecutive seasons. ?I love this acquisition for the current make up of our team,? Clippers head coach Mike Dunleavy said. ?We are getting a consummate pro who is maybe the best team defender in the league and who has 60 playoff games under his belt.?

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I f*cking knew it!! We wasted our time hoping to get a better deal, when we could have unloaded Randolph for nothing. Now we're stuck with him and his massive contract.

I can't believe the Nuggets gave away Camby for so little. Hell, we could have traded Randolph to the Clippers for a 2nd round pick, and then could have traded that pick for Camby. Ughh!! Camby would've been a perfect fit into the Knicks lineup and D'Anotni's system. He's exactly what we needed. An athletic-shot blocking center.

YEARITEHERE

Benchwarmer
be positive lol maybe the clippers traded for camby so they could use him in a trade with the knicks for zach...lol

I got a good ****ing feeling bout this. A friend of mines also just told me that was gonna happen. It makes sense too. Camby and kaman = Centers. They need a pf.

YEARITEHERE

Benchwarmer
they might just be keeping him

"I think this is a very good addition for us, especially since we're getting a player who can really help us without having to give up a player in return," general manager Elgin Baylor said. "With him playing alongside [Chris] Kaman, I think we will have a pair of excellent interior defenders and that will make us a formidable team."

New New York

Quiet Storm
OK a three team deal may be a long shot, but it does make perfect sense!

Because it appears that the first player that the Clips went after was Zach and they offered a second round pick for him as we all know. Now there is no reason to think that they still would not want him, and in essence they would have given up the exact same amount to get him! The Knicks will get a player who compliments our Center, and who's contract does not extend past 2010 and is also much less than Randolph's this really is a win win for all three teams.....so why do I get the feeling this deal is not going to happen?!

OK, I trust Donnie knows what he is doing, and I hope upon hearing this news he is now on three way with Dantoni and The Clips GM trying to make this happen. No way he can sit and let this deal just go down and not act on it

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Why isn't Donnie Walsh trying to get rid of Eddy Curry? I'm not even going to say anything, because I have no say in what Walsh is going to do. All I know is that if we keep Curry and play him with Camby, the Knicks are still going to suck. Curry is fat, doesn't play defense, doesn't rebound, doesn't shoot free throws, can't pass out of double teams, turns the ball over, fouls into people, and he has zero work ethic. I could picture the Knicks actually competing for a playoff spot, with Marbury, Crawford, Chandler, Randolph, and Camby. I don't see the Knicks doing anything with Curry. I know it's important to get below the cap by 2010, but Curry's contract runs throught 2011. He has the chance to opt out, but he knows that nobody wants him, so he isn't. What Walsh needs to do is package Curry and Lee for Camby ASAP. If they want Randolph, they better give up some draft picks, because Randolph actually has skills, unlike Curry.

Kiyaman

Legend
This Clipper & Nuggets trade of Camby for the 2nd round pick shows the NBA league and the Knicks organization fans how much of an idiot the Knicks President of Operation Donnie Walsh really is.

The Knicks needed to get rid of Isiah Thomas for one big reason, he kept trading for "Selfish" veteran cancer players that 80% of the NBA teams did not want on their roster. If Isiah could have improve one or two of these cancer-players it would'nt be so bad, but Isiah and his coaching staff made these cancer players worst than what they were on their previous teams.

To replace Isiah Thomas with Donnie Walsh was not an upgrade for the Knicks if you have any knowledge of Walsh 20 year experience in Indiana. Coach Larry Brown and coach Larry Bird saved Donnie Walsh Job in Indiana. It's something simular to how Mchale saved his ex-teammate Danny Ainge Job lastseason. But 5 or 10 years from now people will say Danny Ainge got the Boston Celtics a Championship.

Zach Randolph is the worst player on the Knicks roster "on and off the court".

The Knicks would've got the best out of Zach Randolph for a 2nd round pick trade. Donnie Walsh would have got Big Props all around the NBA league if he would have made that Zach for a 2nd ronud pick trade.

That "Zach" trade would've gave the Knicks so much leverage in putting "Discipline" in the organization from players attitude, coaches priority, management expectation, and lead to the first step of a serious-certive of Donnie Walsh 2010 Plan. Super Star Players like Lebron James, Wade, Bosh, and ....., would've took the Knicks serious about building a Championship Team.

Donnie Walsh is an "IDIOT"!

metrocard

Legend
Davis (21 ppg 4 rebs 8 assist)
Gordon(13 ppg 35% 3pt)
Thorton(15 ppg 6 rebs)
Camby(10 ppg 13 rebs 3 blk)
Kaman(17 ppg 9 rebs 1.7 blks)

not a bad starting 5.

Knicks failed tho

LJ4ptplay

Starter
This Clipper & Nuggets trade of Camby for the 2nd round pick shows the NBA league and the Knicks organization fans how much of an idiot the Knicks President of Operation Donnie Walsh really is.

The Knicks needed to get rid of Isiah Thomas for one big reason, he kept trading for "Selfish" veteran cancer players that 80% of the NBA teams did not want on their roster. If Isiah could have improve one or two of these cancer-players it would'nt be so bad, but Isiah and his coaching staff made these cancer players worst than what they were on their previous teams.

To replace Isiah Thomas with Donnie Walsh was not an upgrade for the Knicks if you have any knowledge of Walsh 20 year experience in Indiana. Coach Larry Brown and coach Larry Bird saved Donnie Walsh Job in Indiana. It's something simular to how Mchale saved his ex-teammate Danny Ainge Job lastseason. But 5 or 10 years from now people will say Danny Ainge got the Boston Celtics a Championship.

Zach Randolph is the worst player on the Knicks roster "on and off the court".

The Knicks would've got the best out of Zach Randolph for a 2nd round pick trade. Donnie Walsh would have got Big Props all around the NBA league if he would have made that Zach for a 2nd ronud pick trade.

That "Zach" trade would've gave the Knicks so much leverage in putting "Discipline" in the organization from players attitude, coaches priority, management expectation, and lead to the first step of a serious-certive of Donnie Walsh 2010 Plan. Super Star Players like Lebron James, Wade, Bosh, and ....., would've took the Knicks serious about building a Championship Team.

Donnie Walsh is an "IDIOT"!

I kind of have to agree with you now. At first I was willing to give Donnie a chance. I figured he was trying to get something better. But now I just wish we had taken the deal in the first place. We're going to regret this decision if we still have Randolph on the team this year.

I don't understand what Donnie and Mike D are doing. If we had done the same deal the Nuggets did for Camby, we would have wiped away Zach's contract immediately and would have got a $10 million trade exception. Our cap situation would have been solved NOW and we could have had money to sign a decent free-agent before 2011 to go along with Lebron, Bosh or Wade. Or we could have had Camby on our team this year.

I'm depressed. I had hope in Donnie, but now I'm starting to wonder. I don't like how Donnie is taking his time. If he hasn't noticed, the rest of the league has moved quickly and we stood around waiting while everybody else has improved.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
One thing i dont understand is why the #1 priority it to trade Randolph. Why isnt it to trade curry? At least randolph is solid fundamentally. I would rather see z-bo at center then curry at center. Were gonna need some rebounding....last time i checked curry doesnt rebound.

I dont see how this trade makes sense for either team, especially the nuggets. The clippers needed a power forward who can score. I see camby as more of a power forward then chris kaman...camby actually did used to play power forward. And i think he can prove me wrong and score if he has to. Ive seen him run the floor like a point guard...and hes got an ok jumpshot.

This makes no sense for the nuggets. There problem was that they didnt play defense...so how they gonna trade the only player on their team that plays defense? From now on im callin them the Enver Nuggets, without the D.

Paul1355

All Star
No offense to Zach haters but wouldnt Lee at PF and Zach at Center give us a million rebounds, atelast there is a positivie with Zach at center since Curry is the only center on this team. Like Pat Riley says, rebounds wins games.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
One thing i dont understand is why the #1 priority it to trade Randolph. Why isnt it to trade curry? At least randolph is solid fundamentally. I would rather see z-bo at center then curry at center. Were gonna need some rebounding....last time i checked curry doesnt rebound.

I dont see how this trade makes sense for either team, especially the nuggets. The clippers needed a power forward who can score. I see camby as more of a power forward then chris kaman...camby actually did used to play power forward. And i think he can prove me wrong and score if he has to. Ive seen him run the floor like a point guard...and hes got an ok jumpshot.

This makes no sense for the nuggets. There problem was that they didnt play defense...so how they gonna trade the only player on their team that plays defense? From now on im callin them the Enver Nuggets, without the D.
THANK YOU! I'm tired of everyone making Zach Randolph the #1 trade priority. I understand he's overpaid, but damn. At least he's productive. Eddy Curry averages 13 points, 4 rebounds, and .5 blocks. If I didn't know Curry was 6-11, I would've assumed he was a small forward. Curry plays soft. He's overweight. Eddy Curry's been in the NBA for 7 years. It should be clear by now that Curry will never be a good defender, rebounder, free throw shooter, passer, conditioner, or player period. Zach Randolph, unlike Curry, has been on winning teams before. He's been to the playoffs two times in his career. Curry has never been to the playoffs, and a lot of it is his fault. The center position is the main position where you need defense and rebounding from, because if your center doesn't play defense or rebound, point guards could just snatch the rebounds from you and drive the basketball to the basket all game long.

PS- Eddy Curry has 3 YEARS and 31 MILLION DOLLARS left on his contract.
He has a chance to opt out, in 2010, but HE'S NOT GOING TO OPT OUT.

Co-sign MSG's post