Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

Votes: 27 48.2%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
seriously, everyone bases their news on rumors these days. I could call ESPN radio and say I saw Jeremy Lin with a 12 yr old prostitute*, and the next day, headlines will be "Breaking News! Jeremy Lin is not the role model we thought he was!" and we'll have 50 threads on KO about it.

*Note: I know nothing of Lin's sexual preferences, just giving an example.

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
exactly classic media BS

People forget that Lin had dinner with Grunwald and Woodson before FA kicked off and they most likely discussed their plans, which included letting the market dictate what Lin is worth so the Knicks didn't give him a low offer and disrespect him...it makes sense to not give him a quick offer.

They told him they would match any offer
according to dailynews, which have an agenda going against lin, they'd mock up a story like this

KingCharles34

All Star
I think he is actin like a biznitch
Time to not resign him like its personal, not business
Him and amare can both be free'd
I just heard Luis Scola will be amnestied

Well ok i think we should keep Lin but any way we could sign Scola? :crossfingers:

Scola is undeniably >>> Wackretire

elcol

Rotation player
I think he is actin like a biznitch
Time to not resign him like its personal, not business
Him and amare can both be free'd
I just heard Luis Scola will be amnestied

Well ok i think we should keep Lin but any way we could sign Scola? :crossfingers:

Scola is undeniably >>> Wackretire

You should have read the entire thread when pretty much 5 different people say that it didn't happen, with quotes from Lin..

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yeah. This is exactly like that time the NY Post (or was it another newspaper) claimed that Jeremy Lin was going to hook up with Kim Kardashian...come on.

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
New York, you are now on the clock to continue the Linsanity.
The Rockets have signed Jeremy Lin to an offer sheet for three years, $25.1 million, according to multiple reports. The contract would pay Lin $5 million in year one, $5.22 million in year two and jump all the way to $14.898 in year three.
Originally, it was reported Lin's offer would be for four years, $28 million. The fourth year was an option year for $9.3 million. Instead, this new offer adds extra dollars on for that final season.
The Rockets hope that the "poison pill" final year would discourage the Knicks from matching. With that backloaded contract, the Knicks' payroll could reach $90-plus million in 2015, right when the NBA's new extra punitive luxury tax will bite.
The Knicks have three days to match the offer, which they are expected to do. Coach Mike Woodson has already said Lin would be the Knicks' starting point guard. That would be kind of difficult if he were playing for the Rockets.
Most expect the Knicks to wait the full three days to match as it will tie up the Rockets cap until that happens. Hopefully, Lin doesn't take offense to that like he reportedly did with the Rockets offering him a deal before New York did.
This means the Rockets are going to whiff yet again in free agency and be left without a point guard on the roster. After trading Kyle Lowry to Toronto and watching Goran Dragic walk to the Suns in free agency, the Rockets are sitting without an NBA point man on the roster.
There are options on the market with players like Raymond Felton remaining, but it has to be disappointing. Regardless, the Rockets' main focus is on chasing Dwight Howard and surely they expected the Knicks to match on Lin.
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/e...officially-signs-offer-sheet-with-the-rockets

CoolClyde

f*cking rockets! just love screwing with the Knickerbockers because they can!

- Tracy McGrady deal... how much did Knicks lose for one sad Mc-year, in hopes of landing LeBone? Jordan Hill, Girafferies, Larry Huge + 2 x 1st round picks... all to clear up $9M in cap space.. Rockets also got Kevin Martin from Sac in deal.
- Marcus Camby deal... Knicks lose Toney Doug-less, Jortelson, JJordan + 2 x 2nd round picks - all for a 38 year old center on his last legs
- Linsanity - f*ck NY up the ass because they can

i hope Knicks wait till last second to sign so Rockets are stuck without a point guard when we DO sign the Lin man. I don't wanna hear KO posters whining..."why aren't we signing him? what are we waiting for? Jeremy gonna be so pissed!" Knicks must wait until last minute, just to screw the Rockets out of making any more deals, just BECAUSE THEY CAN!!

jeez, if Knicks knew Rockets were gonna be such dicks, Knicks could have traded for Kyle Lowry and/or the Dragon and THEIR 1st round picks.

F*ckin A, texass turds!

Paul1355

All Star

Red

TYPE-A
How can you say that Lin had no pressure and just found himself in the perfect situation?

We were like 6 games under .500...the media was killing the Knicks and it was a sinking ship Titanic style on epic proportions. ALL the pressure was on Jeremy Lin, especailly since Melo and Amare were hurt most of the time Lin played.

Lin came out of it like a champ and carried us because he is just THAT GOOD and people need to stop thinking that anyone is better in FA right now...screw Felton he doesn't even come close to Lin's status. Lin took over games single handedly, he is legit.

Ball movement is simple, you pass the ball, however you need to break down a teams defense and it is done by having a PG that can attack the rim and draw defenders to him. This is what Lin is good at. Felton did not do this enough which pissed me off but Lin has an attacking mentality similar to Dwayne Wade.

How much pressure was on Lin when he faced the Lakers? The hype could have broken any player, but he ate it up and played better and kept rolling because he feeds off the pressure and the pressure was there in abundance.

Lin knew if he failed, the team would fail. He brought them to the playoffs and when Lin went down Melo and Tyson held down the fort.

To be honest with you Lin is so good that he doesn't need the stars to step up but if we want to be a dominate team then they have to. Lin was amazing without them, showing how good he is, but he can't do it alone and he will only make other players better.

The closing situation depends on who is hot but I like how Lin is another option now. It is hard to honestly say you would trust Lin over Melo with the last shot, even though Lin had that Raptors game and all that but Melo has the most game winning shots since 2003, more than Kobe. ANd Melo had ridiculous games like the one against Chicago nailing 2 long bombs with Deng in his face to win it...only Melo and Durant can do that.

Lin wasn't a product of the system, that is so BLLSHT....MIke D never made any player...he is and always will be an over rated coach that just gave players the green light.

Melo was in his slump when Lin was playing and Amare was off all year.

LIN IS LEGIT and made MIke D look good just like Steve Nash made Mike D look so good we gave him a bloated contract that was a waste of time.

Look bro, you made good points and some I agreed with but to say Lin had no pressure is complete nonesense...IN NY THERE IS ALWAYS PRESSURE...especially when the world is watching you like a hawk and studying every move you make like it was during Linsanity.

He had all the pressure and stepped up most of the time. He deserves the contract to be matched and deserves to start over Jason Kidd. He will be a great player for years to come.

No... "PRESSURE" is born from expectation (sometimes over-expectation).

Lin wasn't expected to do anything. How can you disagree? He was a 4th on the depth chart, about to get cut again, already cut twice PG; who got burn by virtue of this stupid a$$ coach not knowing what to do but give the kid some minutes at Melo's behest and at least "see what he's got" (before deciding on cutting him).

That player isn't expected to do anything. Yet when gven the chance he flourishes because he has skills but really because there's no pressure. Pressure (expectations) ramp up, posibly due to situation (playoffs) or by virtue of one's own doing (performing well aka Linsanity) and boom... we see what they're really made of.

Here are a few examples:

Laundry Folds- glue guy, showing up in the stats, put backs, etc... late round rookie, no expectations. Give him accolades. KEEP HIM AS THE STARTER ALL THE WAY TO THE PLAYOFFS ALTHOUGH HE WAS CLEARLY RATTLED... Boom couldn't find him. Waldo style.

SHane Battier- extra piece, coming off the bench, veteran, limited role, no pressure no big expectations... boom he kills you. Free and easy.

A-Rod, on roids, mad big, killing it. Paid records amounts of dough, bought in as the savior... flopped at first. Went through mad sh*t, therapy type sh*t. Got humbled... lower pressure (or his perception of) killed it. it's Simple.

Every player feels pressure, not everyone gets increased expectations like Lin; So its a bit easier for someone to adapt because the pressure is steady. Some step up and some shrink. Identifying the step up ones is hard, and takes looking at the right time and right situation.

Seeing Lin vs Kobe was no pressure on Lin, Pressure on Kobe and the Lakers, Lin shot and played with reckless abandon. Cool.

Pressure/Expectations build, how long can you be Linsanity? You are the savior, the Knicks wouldn't be here without you; you're doing things no one has done Look what you did against Kobe? What will you do vs the Heat? The world is watching... pressure builds.. chicks drop draws!

Fold. Not even a menial performance, Nothing. Deer in headlights. Stung.. punch drunk. Rattled. Inbetwixed. F*cked up.

That was a good look into Jeremy Lin. Because thats the rare time we get to see his fight and thats part of the step up trait. Like getting up after getting knocked down, it can't be replicated.

Either Lin was in the early stage of being hurt; was shook; or couldn't turn on the fight but hopefully has learned. Laundry was shook: and thats part of being in the media capitol.But maybe not in Toronto...

Cause there's no pressure (expectations).

Last edited:

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
on the bright side, if lin doesnt pan out, we have a 15 mil expireer some teams might trade for

dolan will make up in tax money with what lin will rake in for his first year with all sorts of foreign deals and merchandise sale

KingofNy

Starter
f*cking rockets! just love screwing with the Knickerbockers because they can!

- Tracy McGrady deal... how much did Knicks lose for one sad Mc-year, in hopes of landing LeBone? Jordan Hill, Girafferies, Larry Huge + 2 x 1st round picks... all to clear up $9M in cap space.. Rockets also got Kevin Martin from Sac in deal.
- Marcus Camby deal... Knicks lose Toney Doug-less, Jortelson, JJordan + 2 x 2nd round picks - all for a 38 year old center on his last legs
- Linsanity - f*ck NY up the ass because they can

i hope Knicks wait till last second to sign so Rockets are stuck without a point guard when we DO sign the Lin man. I don't wanna hear KO posters whining..."why aren't we signing him? what are we waiting for? Jeremy gonna be so pissed!" Knicks must wait until last minute, just to screw the Rockets out of making any more deals, just BECAUSE THEY CAN!!

jeez, if Knicks knew Rockets were gonna be such dicks, Knicks could have traded for Kyle Lowry and/or the Dragon and THEIR 1st round picks.

F*ckin A, texass turds!

Spot on, F^ck Daryl Morey and F^ck the Houston Rockets. Also F^ck Jeremy Lin and his agent for accepting the updated offer sheet.

Ultimately Lin could of declined it and either signed the original offer sheet he agreed to or let the Knicks submit him an offer. He didn't even give the Knicks brass a heads up that the offer had changed.

On top of bitching out against Miami in the playoffs, now he screws us over and forces Landry Fields out of town for sure. We should let Jeremy go to Houston and see how good he does playing with a bunch of scrubs for a year. He'll be back on the bench so fast he'll be offering up backrubs and blowjobs in the massage parlor he opens up to make up for all the money he lost leaving NY. He'll be a nobody in Houston and then Houston will be begging to send him and his garbage contract out of town. Wait, that's what's gonna happen.

It seems like Linsanity turned into Bitchsanity, F^ck Jeremy Lin... Yea I said it! :flippa:

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
Well maybe Knicks make a friggen offer to unload a top 20 player <--- :crossfingers: and let Houston keep Lin, ship Amar'e to Houston we get some young talent around Melo & the old guys :cool: & no I don't mean go after DH, just free up the cap space for CP3! Could be an option, to ultimately screw the Rockets out of Dwightmare scenario!
:gony:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Long post. Sorry.

Spot on, F^ck Daryl Morey and F^ck the Houston Rockets. Also F^ck Jeremy Lin and his agent for accepting the updated offer sheet.

Ultimately Lin could of declined it and either signed the original offer sheet he agreed to or let the Knicks submit him an offer. He didn't even give the Knicks brass a heads up that the offer had changed.

On top of bitching out against Miami in the playoffs, now he screws us over and forces Landry Fields out of town for sure. We should let Jeremy go to Houston and see how good he does playing with a bunch of scrubs for a year. He'll be back on the bench so fast he'll be offering up backrubs and blowjobs in the massage parlor he opens up to make up for all the money he lost leaving NY. He'll be a nobody in Houston and then Houston will be begging to send him and his garbage contract out of town. Wait, that's what's gonna happen.

It seems like Linsanity turned into Bitchsanity, F^ck Jeremy Lin... Yea I said it! :flippa:

linsanity2.jpg

:lol:

I think you need a new signature.

Lin's doing everything within his rights, and certainly wouldn't be the first (or last) to milk every cent out of free agency. Presumably Glenny G went in to the Lin situation thinking that he'd have more than one offer by now. I personally am surprised that there has only been the one.

I can understand how Grundog wouldn't want to offer Lin a lower salary ~ one that fits his total experience ~ and set a benchmark for competitors to work from. Since we pursued Nash so hard, I think they were probably going to offer something like $7M per for 3 years, knowing full well that Lin would look elsewhere. Regardless, Dolan will swallow that poison pill.

★ I thought I'd have a look at a Rockets forum to scout out the for and against Jeremy Lin opinion:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=222654

77% being AGAINST the Lin signing. The majority believing that Landry and Dragic are better PGs.

The Rockets are fools for letting Dragic and Lowry go and then amnestying Scola. That's flat idiocy.

Their fans will be frothing at the mouth if the Bynum or Howard trades don't eventuate.

CONSPIRACY!

I hadn't considered that Lin effectively has made re-signing Fields even more pointless than it already was. Surely he did that knowingly. Only an assumption, but perhaps the 2 of them are at odds with the franchise? Fields certainly went from nothing to something; originally with the Melo trade, secondly the return of Melo post Linsanity. Lin also suffered, and the whole losing streak precipitated Melo shunning the huddle and getting D'Antoni booted. Lin and Fields were avid supporters of coach (no) D.

8bc2nba_u_lin-fields_mb_300.jpg

I sound like a desperate columnist, but are Lin and Fields against Melo? Is Landry Fields orangeblobman?

skisloper

Starter
Crazy⑧s;241916 said:
linsanity2.jpg

:lol:

I think you need a new signature.

Lin's doing everything within his rights, and certainly wouldn't be the first (or last) to milk every cent out of free agency. Presumably Glenny G went in to the Lin situation thinking that he'd have more than one offer by now. I personally am surprised that there has only been the one.

I can understand how Grundog wouldn't want to offer Lin a lower salary ~ one that fits his total experience ~ and set a benchmark for competitors to work from. Since we pursued Nash so hard, I think they were probably going to offer something like $7M per for 3 years, knowing full well that Lin would look elsewhere. Regardless, Dolan will swallow that poison pill.

★ I thought I'd have a look at a Rockets forum to scout out the for and against Jeremy Lin opinion:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=222654

77% being AGAINST the Lin signing. The majority believing that Landry and Dragic are better PGs.

The Rockets are fools for letting Dragic and Lowry go and then amnestying Scola. That's flat idiocy.

Their fans will be frothing at the mouth if the Bynum or Howard trades don't eventuate.

CONSPIRACY!

I hadn't considered that Lin effectively has made re-signing Fields even more pointless than it already was. Surely he did that knowingly. Only an assumption, but perhaps the 2 of them are at odds with the franchise? Fields certainly went from nothing to something; originally with the Melo trade, secondly the return of Melo post Linsanity. Lin also suffered, and the whole losing streak precipitated Melo shunning the huddle and getting D'Antoni booted. Lin and Fields were avid supporters of coach (no) D.

8bc2nba_u_lin-fields_mb_300.jpg

I sound like a desperate columnist, but are Lin and Fields against Melo? Is Landry Fields orangeblobman?

Yes u do now sound like your reaching,,,,,,,,,,
Toronto offered Fields as way to get Nash to stop our sign and trade....So lets say Fields hit the Lottery......

Lin was offered 29 million with the 4th year of 9 not guaranteed so essential 20 million for 3 years.....
Now he is offered 25 million for 3 years......
Nothing to do with Fields, melo or anything else.....His agent I am sure made it clear ." Jeremey take as much as you can get ..if you are a star the Knicks will make so much money off of you and if you are not or get injured you have now locked in 25 million and you are set for life "

Its simple math...25 million is better then 20 million........Luxury tax money for Dolan so who gives a crap......plus like u said a great expiring contract in 3rd year of he does not pan out.

jimkcchief88

All Star
No way we should match this offer....15 million in year 3??? STEPH actually had some decent NBA years and he got 20 albeit for 2-3 years. They call in a "poison pill" because thats what it is. For all we know Lin could be outta basketball in 3 years. I say bring back Felton before this madness. Let Houston have him....

finestrg

Rotation player
I'm not being completely realistic but just to vent a little

I want Lin back and I'm convinced he'll be back but man, WTF is going on here?? This whole thing feels so grimmy now. I know it's a business and Lin has to do right by himself and his family first and foremost, but man, God forbid he didn't sign this latest offer sheet and instead, reached out to the Knicks and said "look, if we go with the conditions of the first rumored offer sheet, I'm yours. Let me know right now." After all, wasn't the main idea all along to gauge his worth?? Well I think that first rumored Houston offer was more than fair...Come on, does Jeremy Lin really think he's a max player 2 yrs from now w/o really coming up with the complete body of work that other legit superstars who eventually command that amount of money compile??? Does he not understand that Houston doesn't even think he's worth that amount of money (how ironic that Morey cut this guy last yr -- now he wants him at all costs..JOKE) and are just doing this primarily to F the Knicks?? I mean WTF did we ever do to Houston? We don't even play in the same division for Christ's sake. LOL

Again, I understand it's a business, I know his agents would never allow such a thing, blah, blah blah...but wouldn't it have been refreshing for Lin to have treated the Knicks a little better here? He would've come out of it a multi-millionaire and a MEGA HERO, even eclipsing his hero status of last year. We're talking GOD STATUS here...After all, wasn't it the Knicks who gave him his opportunity? You can make a case that w/o the opportunity the Knicks gave him, HE NEVER WOULD'VE MADE IT!!!!!!!! Happens all the time -- look at all the young guys I talk about all the time that aren't in the league and deserve to be. Almost always, that one golden opportunity for these types of players is hard to come by. Most of the time, IT NEVER COMES and these types of players NEVER MAKE IT...Well, we gave it to him and now it almost feels like we're on the verge of being punished for it...SEVERELY...Hey, give Lin credit man -- he took the baton and ran with it. It's not like he blew his opportunity. But man, I dunno -- it's just doesn't feel right now for some reason. Bottom line: not necessarily Lin's fault here, but I think the Knicks deserve better than this. This **** is crazy.

Come on, Lin's a smart kid -- he knows damn well how this contract will pork his old boss Dolan in the ass with the lux. tax ramifications, not to mention how it could hurt the team a little a couple of yrs from now. I thought there was no 'I' in team?? LOL. Also, what if the Knicks were serious about bringing Fields back (say better than 50/50), thinking they were working under the conditions of the first Lin offer -- now, I betcha any chance of that went out the window. Say bye-bye to your buddy, Jeremy -- you just officially ran him right outta town.

Look, I know I'm not being fair to Lin here -- again, I know it's a business and if push came to shove, everyone would prob. do the same thing --- although, I tell ya man, I honestly don't know if I would've let it play out exactly like this...I'm tellin' ya, I honestly think I would've went to my agent and said look, call the Knicks and tell them I'm back for the original offer -- or tell them $10M in yr 3 is good enough. Something... Absolutely no loyalty involved here at all....Isn't it gonna be hard to look the Knicks in the eyes now when he comes back?? Just a little? It would've made me uncomfortable. Poor Knicks, huh? I mean we win the ****ing Bird rights hearing, only to get porked here royally in the end..SMH.

Instead of blaming Lin, I want to take this opportunity to BLAST the league, the owners and their stooge David Stern (an ******* I offically HATE, and I don't use that word often) for allowing something like this to go down. The contracts being thrown around this off-season are insane. The lockout was a complete joke -- owner greed is at an all-time high now. The lockout accomplished absolutely nothing. A situation like this should be taken right outta Lin and the owners' hands -- bottom line, a player like Lin, with his limited amount of service in the NBA, SHOULD NOT be allowed to make $15 million in yr 3 of what amounts to his first NBA deal. That's it. Case closed. I know, land of opportunity and all that, but this is wrong. How is this allowed to happen??? It's just not reasonable. I love Lin and he's pretty much proved himself to me, but ask yourselves, does 25 games really prove that he's worth $15M 2 yrs from now? It just doesn't make any sense. As a fan of the TEAM first and foremost, I wanna see my team's ownership have a legit shot to build the team up the right way. Not get to a point where they're forced to say, 'this is it -- can't build it up anymore. We ran outta cap space, there are lux. tax penalties, etc..'.

Also, wanna send out a big FU to Daryl Morey and Houston ownership. Never mind how they manhandled us in the Jefferies deal, nevermind how they handled this whole Lin situation (they're playing by the rules, I know, I know), but this Camby trade really makes me sick. If I were the Knicks I wouldn't deal with these guys again..EVER. I mean this dumb **** Morey had to take Harrellson in the Camby deal? Had to have him, Daryl?? Then he turns around and cuts him and now, under new CBA rules, we can't even bring him back until next July???? WTF is that? That's BULL****!!!! If Morey knew he didn't want any part of Harrellson, why couldn't he have taken Gadzuric's ****ing contract for the cap relief and be done with it? Had to **** us out of a good, young player, right Daryl?? **** YOU, you fat **** piece of ****!!! And this is a GM I've given credit to in the past, for his willingness to give young players a look, etc. Not anymore...F this guy.

Alright enough PMSing -- got that outta my system..Still love ya Jeremy and I want you back. Let's match the offer sheet and move on...I just wish the Knicks weren't used like a doormat sometimes. Rediculous player salary rules that completely burned us in the end (some of these rules need to be re-examined asap), players not acting like gentlemen, other GMs not acting like gentlemen, any sense of loyalty has gone right out the window...It's all been a little hard to swallow the past few days, know what I mean? Feel a little better now. Ready to move on. Rant over.

Last edited: