• Larry Hughes

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Jared Jeffries

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

smokes

Huge Member
You seriously need to stop backpedaling.

You said that David Lee was the best player on the Knicks, because he leads the team in double doubles.

Best player on a team=franchise player

It's the same thing.

Franchise player doesn't mean you're Kobe or Wade.

All franchise player means is that you're the best player on a particular team also known as "franchise."

There's players who have led horrible teams. They're still the franchise player.

For ex: Kevin Martin is the franchise player of the Kings. Why? Because he's their best player. But the team still sucks.

So Al Harrington is our franchise player?

I'm not backpedalling, I still think Dlee is our best player. Our definition on what a franchise player is clearly differs though.

Just because Kevin Martin plays for a shit team, does not mean he is a bad player, in fact he's one of the top SG in the league. Al Harrington is not one of the top SF/PF in the league. DLee arguably is one of the best PF in the league. If that's your personal definition of a franchise player then yes I would say Lee is ours, and certainly not Harrington. But that's using your definition and not mine.

For me a franchise player is the face of the team. The Knicks don't really have one. Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Duncan... You can go further down the ladder with the Joe Johnsons, Dirk Nowitzki's, Devin Harris's, Deron Williams etc etc etc. They all have something special, and they are all the first guy you think of when you think of that team. Is Al Harrington the guy who represents the Knicks? Not in my opinion.

Last edited:

Red

TYPE-A
So Al Harrington is our franchise player?

I'm not backpedalling, I still think Dlee is our best player. Our definition on what a franchise player is clearly differs though.

...The Knicks don't really have one. Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Duncan... You can go further down the ladder with the Joe Johnsons, Dirk Nowitzki's, Devin Harris's, Deron Williams etc etc etc. They all have something special...

yeah...it's called being an All-Star. A franchise player is an All-Star you "build" your team around. Lee is our franchise player but he is NOT a franchise player.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
To smokes:

Your post proves just how obsessed a lot of people are with great white hopes.

David Lee's numbers are clearly inflated.
Lee was averaging 11 points and 10 rebounds in November.

The minute Zach Randolph left the Knicks, and JARED JEFFRIES was inserted into the starting lineup, Lee's numbers go to 16.8 points and 11.9 rebounds.

Lee's numbers are being inflated, Eddy Curry style. If you can't see that, then something's wrong with you.

Al Harrington is better than David Lee, plain and simple.

Are Harrington's numbers inflated, too? Hell yeah.

Almost everyone's stats on the Knicks are inflated, with the exception of
Q-Hitch and Mickey Mouse Larry Hughes who both suck too much to increase their production, and Wilson Chandler who's only a sophomore and is still developing his game.

What makes Harrington better is that he takes the most of the shots down the stretch, and he averages the most points.

David Lee rarely scores late in the game, because he has limited offensive moves. Most of his points come from pick and roll plays and put backs. Lee rarely creates his own shot.

Here's a list of PF's and C's that are better than Lee. I didn't feel like posting this, but this is getting rediculous.

1. Pau Gasol
2. Tim Duncan
3. Dirk Nowitzki
4. Kevin Garnett
5. Yao Ming
6. Dwight Howard
7. Zach Randolph
8. Amare Stoudamire
9. Chris Bosh
10. Lamarcus Aldridge
11. Zydrunas Ilgauskas
12. Al Jefferson
13. Shaquille O' Neal
14. Emeka Okafor
15. Andrew Bynum
16. Andrew Bogut
17. Marcus Camby
18. Jermaine O'Neal
19. Antawn Jamison
20. Andris Biedrins
21. Brook Lopez
22. Al Horford
23. Elton Brand
24. Carlos Boozer
25. Rasheed Wallace
26. Chris Kaman
27. Rashard Lewis
28. Nene
29. David West
30. Marc Gasol

I rest my case

smokes

Huge Member
To smokes:

Your post proves just how obsessed a lot of people are with great white hopes.

David Lee's numbers are clearly inflated.
Lee was averaging 11 points and 10 rebounds in November.

The minute Zach Randolph left the Knicks, and JARED JEFFRIES was inserted into the starting lineup, Lee's numbers go to 16.8 points and 11.9 rebounds.

Lee's numbers are being inflated, Eddy Curry style. If you can't see that, then something's wrong with you.

Al Harrington is better than David Lee, plain and simple.

Are Harrington's numbers inflated, too? Hell yeah.

Almost everyone's stats on the Knicks are inflated, with the exception of
Q-Hitch and Mickey Mouse Larry Hughes who both suck too much to increase their production, and Wilson Chandler who's only a sophomore and is still developing his game.

What makes Harrington better is that he takes the most of the shots down the stretch, and he averages the most points.

David Lee rarely scores late in the game, because he has limited offensive moves. Most of his points come from pick and roll plays and put backs. Lee rarely creates his own shot.

Here's a list of PF's and C's that are better than Lee. I didn't feel like posting this, but this is getting rediculous.

1. Pau Gasol
2. Tim Duncan
3. Dirk Nowitzki
4. Kevin Garnett
5. Yao Ming
6. Dwight Howard
7. Zach Randolph
8. Amare Stoudamire
9. Chris Bosh
10. Lamarcus Aldridge
11. Zydrunas Ilgauskas
12. Al Jefferson
13. Shaquille O' Neal
14. Emeka Okafor
15. Andrew Bynum
16. Andrew Bogut
17. Marcus Camby
18. Jermaine O'Neal
19. Antawn Jamison
20. Andris Biedrins
21. Brook Lopez
22. Al Horford
23. Elton Brand
24. Carlos Boozer
25. Rasheed Wallace
26. Chris Kaman
27. Rashard Lewis
28. Nene
29. David West
30. Marc Gasol

I rest my case

Firstly I didn't ask you to make that list, so don't bring me into it. Secondly you don't rest your case, you rest your opinion, I could easily argue that Lee is better than 10~ players on that list, but why bother this can go back and forth all week.

Your opinion is your opinion and mine is mine. Some people share yours and some people share mine, let's leave it at that shall we?

edit- Also comparing true centers like Shaq, Dwight etc to Lee is just pointless.