CA7 Presents: New York Knicks @ San Antonio Spurs Game Thread

Forrest17

Rotation player
I watched this game with my girlfriend. She didn't like sports before this game. Now she does. Its hilarious. She was the most anti sport person ever, this was the first game I ever really sat down with her and watched and she went bananas.

I died of laughter though because after it was over we had this conversation

"Oh my god! I wanna watch more games now...Do the Knicks play the Bulls?"

And I looked at her and said.."Yeah, why do you ask?"

"Oh well, because of micheal jordan.. hes supposed to be really good right..? That should be fun to watch!"

"........He retired over a decade ago"

"LOL...Oh woops...."

CA7

Scoring Champ
I watched this game with my girlfriend. She didn't like sports before this game. Now she does. Its hilarious. She was the most anti sport person ever, this was the first game I ever really sat down with her and watched and she went bananas.

I died of laughter though because after it was over we had this conversation

"Oh my god! I wanna watch more games now...Do the Knicks play the Bulls?"

And I looked at her and said.."Yeah, why do you ask?"

"Oh well, because of micheal jordan.. hes supposed to be really good right..? That should be fun to watch!"

"........He retired over a decade ago"

"LOL...Oh woops...."

My girl thought Shaq and Kobe were still teammates and said Shaq, Kobe and Dwight in LA this gon be crazy right babe?

metrocard

Legend
This ones gonna make it to over 400 posts. I dont think any of the other GT's have hit 200 yet, we're pickin up alotta steam now :smokin:

tumblr_md98gmcZds1qcyhk9o1_250.gif

TakMan

Rotation player
According to many Knicks fans he was supposed to be an elite superstar by now. But who cares about him; the Knicks backcourt is a lot better than it was all last season and I have confidence that they can beat any team in a playoff series.

I see what you're saying, but most of those "Knicks" fans are now contributing in Rockets forums so I don't think they're reading these posts.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
ESPN boys should bump this track in the background whenever they're showing Knicks highlights!

KnickfanaticinGA

Benchwarmer
Was watching this game at the bar last night and was so happy about the win I ran up in my neighborhood strip club and dropped a couple stacks....

gifohyeah.gif

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
I have to say, what Carmelo did today was AWESOME

He had one of his worst shooting nights of his life, he was being hit and grabbed on every posession with no calls, being denied of the ball by a savy team like SA and double teamed every time he touched it.

STILL he kept focused, didin't force shots, didn't try to play point guard or play 1 on 5. Kept making passes, playing strong defense and fighting rebounds.
There was even a play right in the midst of the Knicks comeback in the last 3 minutes, in which he found himself in the elbow with enough room to shoot in transition, having shot nothing in the fourth quarter, he passed it and it resulted in a JR Smith trey. That is a guy playing for the team.

I think his effort and attitude should be recognized.

This.

Aside from missing some lay-ups, Carmelo played solid basketball. People who think he was bluffing when he said he will play the right way and trust his teammates should look no further than this road win to know that Carmelo is a changed, more mature basketball player. Melo from last season would have forced shots against tight defense even though he's in a cold streak. This year? Oh boy.

He played team defense, made the right passes, did not force shots, knew when to attack the defense. I know he only had 9 points but he was only reacting off of what the Spurs were giving the team. They were pressing Melo hard and sagging off of Ray, Jason and the other guys. So what did he do, he used his ability to attract defenses and kicked it off to the open team mate or waited for the proper play. I'm really impressed and am glad to see that Carmelo knows the his team mates are gonne be there for him.

****, this Knicks team is scary.

On to the next one, Memphis here we come. :bang:

Nyknicks141

Benchwarmer
Spurs game reaction in picture form

State the part that got you most excited and your reaction

For me it was the JR 3

coryhappy.jpg

followed by the follow up rage dunk by Tyson.

sofia-vergara.jpg

petescud

Starter
Tyson's put back dunk was the exclamation mark to me....I was starting to panic when we went down by 12, saying here we go again...Then when we took over i said to myself, "this team doesn't give up...." I love these guys

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
There's a whole different feel to this team. We have a tangible amount of grit. Melo's, Felt's and Tyson's performances epitomized this. They believe in how good they are and can be. This is really nice to see. Awesome win!

iJoe

Rotation player
Really impressed by Melo's play in this game.

If you want to point out how much Melo has matured this year, this is the game to watch.

Very hard defensive play, crazy effort and a LOT of hockey assists that don't show up on the stat sheet.

*Did anyone else notice Stephen Jackson's big flop when fighting melo inside? They better fine him for that one.