Knicks offensively = Celtics or Suns?

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
With the Emergence of Lin, and the way our offense is beginning to develop when carmelo returns, what does our offense look like now and further on into the season

will it be similar to the

Celtics? Does melo now play the Paul Pierce role where he has to learn how to Close/Finish Possessions instead of dominating them

Melo= Paul pierce/ Post ups, occasional iso's

Stat = KG/Jump shots

Lin = rondo / Pick and roll

Fields/ JR (if we get JR) = spot up shooter? Fields sure aint no lethal shooter like ray allen but you can sense where this is leading.

Phoenix suns? Will it be the LIN/STAT Tandem

we all know dantoni likes to push the ball and get on the fast breaks, but spacing wise... is this leading to more of a LIN & STAT pick and roll where the offense goes completey through stat/Lin and we space the floor with shooters? similar to the Stat/Nash days in phoenix. With the suns they had Frye a stretch 5 that could space the floor even more for stat, so i dont exactly see how it would work with chandler but never the less the floor can still be spaced decently.

Last edited:
I think Celtics. I think that this team will be most sucessfull under a Phil Jackson/Doc Rivers type system thats more focused on defense. Any team with offensive players like Carmelo, Amare, Lin, Landry, Shump, Baron, Jorts, JR Smith doesnt need offensive help

iSaYughh

Starter
With the Emergence of Lin, and the way our offense is beginning to develop when carmelo returns, what does our offense look like now and further on into the season

will it be similar to the

Celtics? Does melo now play the Paul Pierce role where he has to learn how to Close/Finish Possessions instead of dominating them

Melo= Paul pierce/ Post ups, occasional iso's

Stat = KG/Jump shots

Lin = rondo / Pick and roll

Fields/ JR (if we get JR) = spot up shooter? Fields sure aint no lethal shooter like ray allen but you can sense where this is leading.

Phoenix suns? Will it be the LIN/STAT Tandem

we all know dantoni likes to push the ball and get on the fast breaks, but spacing wise... is this leading to more of a LIN & STAT pick and roll where the offense goes completey through stat/Lin and we space the floor with shooters? similar to the Stat/Nash days in phoenix. With the suns they had Frye a stretch 5 that could space the floor even more for stat, so i dont exactly see how it would work with chandler but never the less the floor can still be spaced decently.

Suns. Even if you replaced D'antoni with pretty much any coach....I don't see the fundamental style of the offense changing. For better, or worse.

Melo: I think we will/should see him thriving in his sweet spot, mid range, and going to work from there. This should then let STAT stick to his bread and butter -- the inside, and him getting there to finish through movement and spacing and crisp decisions by Lin.

Melo should also be able to get the ball at the end of possessions and in crunch time in big spots.

FWIW, I think we will see Melo making some nice passes to STAT on the move, from his mid-range spot, when STAT is going to be a lock to score and Melo is getting swamped by the D.

STAT: As said, I think we will see less spot up shooting than we ever have. It will be back to what made STAT the most efficient inside scorer in the game. Given everything, when STAT does get looks to shoot jumpers, they should be the open, clean looks where he has shown the ability to knock it down.

Lin: Not at all like Rondo, I don't think. His shooting and free throw shooting already makes him a very different player. He also thrives, clearly, in the offense which he is currently in. Not to say that Rondo couldn't thrive here, too, but I expect Lin to continue playing the game like he is playing it now, which will be different than how Rondo and the Celtics' offense runs.

This isn't because of Lin or Rondo, but the entire makeup of the team (STAT vs KG, eg; D'antoni vs Rivers).

Fields: Hopefully will continue to thrive with his off the ball play, and the opportunities that presents for him to get rebounds, get in position for easy points around the basket, and position himself to knock down the corner 3, which I think he does nicely, and hope he can get coached up to do even better.