Chandler is out 4-6 weeks

metrocard

Legend
This injury proves what we've all seen coming for months. I see no other team carrying as few big men as we do! If we had a few strong, athletic power forwards we could somewhat cover this injury. Instead we have Amare and Bargs. We don't even have anyone to set screens for Ray now!!!! K-Mart, Shump, and Metta are the only guys on this roster willing to scrap. Mello shows up in the fourth with all out hustle, but by this point, we aren't strong enough in the paint to stop anyone from scoring. Trading contested two's for layups is a tough recipe for fourth quarter success.

All the blame is on Dolan. It's a shame that anyone coming to try and run this organization has to deal with him. Donnie Walsh would have brought guys in to fill in the roles we needed. I look at every team and see at least 2 big guys that can rebound, screen, and box out. Hell looking at last nights game, I'd take bums like Josh McRoberts and Biyombo over Amare and Bargs. I actually like Bargs on the team with different big men, but Amare's presence makes our PF/C positions devastatingly horrendous. Even with Mello and JR SWISH, we'll have a tough time making the playoffs now.

Biyombo is exactly what this teams need...as well as McRoberts. McRoberts is a passing big man who can set screens. He's excellent.

Broadway

All Star
This is excellent.

I think every Knick fan should pay attention to NCAA this season.

I'd hate to throw this season away
but 4-6 weeks is a long time, because after those 6 weeks Chandler won't go into games beasting right away, it'll take him 2-3 weeks to get used the groove. So make that 6-9 weeks till we see Chandler at 100%

Seriously I'm not trying to quote all of your posts and make replies to them but I can see you're one of the more passionate regulars who post here but if you don't mind can I ask you to clarify if you were being sarcastic with what I bolded?

I want to ask before I issue another reply.

knickerbocker12

Benchwarmer
I'm going to throw this lineup out there:

PG Felton
SG Shumpert
SF Anthony
PF Martin
C STAT

Prigioni
Smith
MWP
Bargnani
Aldrich

amare was awful last night, i know, but I really think it's because he simply needs a little more time to get up to speed. Not because he's damaged goods, as he really did look great when he was on the court last year. Yeah that's a surgery ago, and maybe STAT doesn't have it any more, but if this team is going to stay afloat while chandler is injured, STAT has to step up and be our interim center. That's what he was signed to do, and that's where he's had the most success in his career. I don't want to give up on him, especially because he's the only alternative I see. We scrap the platoon/minute restrictions on Kmart and STAT, and throw them into the fire. If they can't last for 4-6 weeks, then i guess this team really is ****ed.

We also have to see what aldrich can offer. He's young and hasn't been tested in the NBA in my opinion.

Lastly, Woodson or Metta or someone has to slap bargnani in the face and tell him to stop being a *****. He underachieves solely for the reason that he's a big bitch. how can you be 7 feet tall, 250+ pounds and be that soft??

metrocard

Legend
Seriously I'm not trying to quote all of your posts and make replies to them but I can see you're one of the more passionate regulars who post here but if you don't mind can I ask you to clarify if you were being sarcastic with what I bolded?

I want to ask before I issue another reply.

Nope, I was in full agreement, my fault if I came off as sarcastic.

Broadway

All Star
Nope, I was in full agreement, my fault if I came off as sarcastic.

No fault at all and I can tell you mean well. I guess what gets at me is the hypocrisy I see when it comes to our overall fan base. We try so hard to have it Four Ways but sorry things are either this or that.

Now here's why I questioned you...I know some things don't sink in until they are forced to sink in but when it comes to the Melo trade it's a trade that keeps on giving.

If we have a carnage of a season(which I booked we would) this summer's draft will be the draft of all draft consequences. You see when we made the Melo trade we gave up the mother load, so much so either Denver or the Magic will be like maggots on poo as they reap the benefit of our 2014 pick.

Denver has our pick outright, although in the Iggy/D-12 trade from last year.... they traded a 1st.... lesser of their pick and ours to the Magic.

Say it with me.....we're ski-rude with no way out of this clusterfuchery

bigapple

Starter
his injure means more than for others lot teams are playing without real center but Knicks need rebs and blocks.

STAT? are you serious?

Bargniani will b playing for him

now system will be diffrent

this is really disaster last year we lost Sheed for weeks with unknown time Shump back in february
now Tyson.

Kiyaman

Legend
Guys read the article, he doesn't need surgery and the x-rays yesterday didn't show anything and it took an MRI to see the small fracture. I think it's realistic that he's back in a month. Even with Chandler the team was struggling, without him we become a punching bag.

Wow! Tyson out for the next 20 games .. thats not a good thang for Melo or Woodson.
We started this season struggling from putting the wrong lineups and the wrong rotation of players on the court.
We had sorry substitution from Woodson, the wrong 5 starters, and sorry leadership from Melo on the court.
Now our 4th quarter edge (defender & rebounder) will miss 20 games ..... WTF will HC Mike Woodson do now???
NO comment.

Things went from bad to worse for the Knicks on Wednesday morning. A little more than 12 hours after losing to the Bobcats to fall to 1-3, the team discovered it will likely be without Tyson Chandler for 4-6 weeks due to a small non-displaced fracture in the big man's right fibula.

At the start of the season why didnt Woodson's 5-starters be vet players from lastseason?
Felton/Prigioni/Melo/K-Mart/Tyson
Beno/Shump/Meta/Barg/Amare
The above 10 players shouldve receive decent playingtime in all 4 games so our record would be 4-0 (not 1-3)
Matter O fact .. these 10 players shouldve been in our rotation for 5 games, this way if our record was 5-0 then JR suspension becomes longer than 5 games. LOL
There is NO reason why ISO-Melo average 42 minutes in all 4 games .. Melo ran an isolation system for 42 minutes in each of the 4 games, that was built for him & JR in a lineup to attack. It's the same isolation-system Melo & Iverson use.

Kiyaman

Legend
This is one of the deepest and best drafts in years. I personally would find a way to tank this season. Personally if we can get Joel Embiid, who looks to be at worst Dikembe Mutombo, i think i'll call this season a success.

Do we have a 1st or 2nd round pick in 2014 ???
Do any one know for certain...

tiger0330

Legend
Do we have a 1st or 2nd round pick in 2014 ???
Do any one know for certain...
Toronto owns our 2014 2nd, 2016 1st and 2017 2nd from the Bargnani trade. Denver owns our 2014 1st from the Melo trade. The deepest draft since the year Lebron was drafted and we don't have a pick, leave it to the Knicks.

Paul1355

All Star
...which usually means 8-12 weeks, or more...

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/sto...-miss-4-6-weeks-non-displaced-fracture-fibula
Our season just went down with him..:boohoo:

Time to blow this team up and rebuild or?
this is tough to swallow because Tyson has looked his best since he first came to NY. Woodson has to change his strategy. Bargnani and Martin need to play more. If you worry about injuries all the time then you will limit the potential of your players and their season. Bargnani needs to play 4th quarters, Martin needs to be the main defending big man, and Cole Aldrich needs to see some back up minutes. If Aldrich beat out guys like Diogu that out played him, then we better see the reason why Aldrich was chosen (size)

Kiyaman

Legend
This injury proves what we've all seen coming for months. I see no other team carrying as few big men as we do! If we had a few strong, athletic power forwards we could somewhat cover this injury. Instead we have Amare and Bargs. We don't even have anyone to set screens for Ray now!!!! K-Mart, Shump, and Metta are the only guys on this roster willing to scrap. Mello shows up in the fourth with all out hustle, but by this point, we aren't strong enough in the paint to stop anyone from scoring. Trading contested two's for layups is a tough recipe for fourth quarter success.

All the blame is on Dolan. It's a shame that anyone coming to try and run this organization has to deal with him. Donnie Walsh would have brought guys in to fill in the roles we needed. I look at every team and see at least 2 big guys that can rebound, screen, and box out. Hell looking at last nights game, I'd take bums like Josh McRoberts and Biyombo over Amare and Bargs. I actually like Bargs on the team with different big men, but Amare's presence makes our PF/C positions devastatingly horrendous. Even with Mello and JR SWISH, we'll have a tough time making the playoffs now.

Having Josh McRoberts and Biyombo will not help us. Why?

Our WEAK bigmen roster is all do to a 42 minute playingtime PF name Melo.
Woodson's small-ball antics in the Indiana Pacers series to please a 44 minute PF-Melo proves this as fact.
All our bigmen act like they dont know how to set a decent screen or decent pick, when we seen them better on their previous teams.
The loss of Tyson Chandler for 20 games sets us back .. if we were trying to build chemistry with our defensive big.
We wasnt. Tyson, Melo, and Felton as a trio unit has the worst chemistry on the team.

The only offense Woodson use on practically every offensive-possession are an "isolation-offensive system", which was created by a HC Karl in Denver for the tandem of "Melo & Iverson", then used by Melo & JR.
ISO-Melo dont know how to play any other way .... ISO-Melo been dominating the offense in a "isolation system" for 8 straight years, Melo dont know how to fit into any other offensive-scheme if it doesnt involve "One on One" B.ball.
How did our offense look running only isolation-plays the past 4 games?

Yes, we can blame Dolan for hiring Walsh, Dantoni, plus trading a 20 thousand mile car for some flashy rims (ISO-Melo).
The Fire Extinguisher incident prove Amare & Melo are oil & water, and should not be on the same team.
Why do Woodson keep putting Amare in the same-lineup with Melo? The two look like they were gonna fight in the Bobcats game.

Kiyaman

Legend
Toronto owns our 2014 2nd, 2016 1st and 2017 2nd from the Bargnani trade. Denver owns our 2014 1st from the Melo trade. The deepest draft since the year Lebron was drafted and we don't have a pick, leave it to the Knicks.

Thanx .... this is some Bullshiii we dont have a 1st or 2nd round pick in 2014 draft.
And I didnt want ISO-Melo on the Knicks, and I damn sure didnt expect to have Toronto's 7 year Buster on the Knicks.
Didnt we learn somethin when Walsh traded for Detoits Big Buster.

Dont the Knicks organization know anything about proffessnal sports .... In the 2015-16 season we only have Prigioni & THJ under contract. It wouldve look great having 5 or 4 of our last first-round draft picks under contract in 2015-16 to rebuild on Dolan's big purse...

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Everyone seems to be frustrated with Woodson but I don't really think there is much more that can be done with this roster. Does anyone really thing Bargnani is going to win games for us? Seems like the team's got potential to be strong defensively with World Peace, Shumpert, Chandler when healthy and Kenyan. Maybe a few of these guys can get some easy baskets and Melo can just be Melo.

I agree that its too early to panic or call the season a loss. Since so many teams play small ball we can grind it out without Chandler.

skisloper

Starter
Thanx .... this is some Bullshiii we dont have a 1st or 2nd round pick in 2014 draft.
And I didnt want ISO-Melo on the Knicks, and I damn sure didnt expect to have Toronto's 7 year Buster on the Knicks.
Didnt we learn somethin when Walsh traded for Detoits Big Buster.

Dont the Knicks organization know anything about proffessnal sports .... In the 2015-16 season we only have Prigioni & THJ under contract. It wouldve look great having 5 or 4 of our last first-round draft picks under contract in 2015-16 to rebuild on Dolan's big purse...

If Dolan had balls he would trade MELO now and rebuild that way...the question wis who would take Melo....