GT: Knicks vs Chicago March 12th 2012

nyk_nyk

All Star
I'm new here, but i wish, i was around, during the old days.

You would have loved it man. Smart dudes discussing the game. Not everyone agreed but people were logical and made good points. Now it's just a bunch of sheep getting their opinions from the media.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
i wouldn't have to tell u how f*cking terrible he is if you just watched the games

I did watch the game.

Melo does take bone headed shots but he has a knack for making them in clutch. His clutch ability since he came into the league is well documented. I rather have him taking that shot over 98% of the league.

However, I am not content with his performance over the first three quarters, and as a whole this season. He absolutely needs to buy into the system if we ever want to be successful. He doesn't need 20 shot attempts every game, he just needs to be efficient. He's shown flashes of it, especially in the Cavs game right before the All Star break. Look at how Pierce transformed his career. Pierce was known as a scorer who only made it to the ECF ONCE prior to the big 3. Sound familiar? His career at Melo's age is very similar to where Melo is now. Melo needs to learn from Pierce and look at what Pierce has done to change his game since 2008.

I'm not happy with Melo but I'm not giving up hope. Calling for a trade won't make things better, and it isn't happening. For at least the remainder of the season, this is our team, whether we like it or not. It has promise, it always has, and has so far been a disappointment. 24 games left, let's see what happens.

Would you rather have the ball in Landry's hands, who can barely, if ever, buy a jumpshot?

I would be ok with Novak off a screen but he wasn't even in the damn game. The Jeremy drive...ehhhh. But not Landry. I don't trust Landry.

kinein

Benchwarmer
Making a viral video right now called D'Antoni 2012.

He's an animal, a murderer of player careers, and takes young men and places the ball in thier hands to only shoot 3 pointers and murder any existence of thier games. He's fighting for no defense.

Trolling pretty hard right now - this has nothing to do with D'antoni - and everything to do with starters play.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
This sounds like a pass for Melo and Amare not needing to rebound. 85+ bulls rebounds to 34 rebounds when Melo and Amare logged extensive time on the court.

I saw Melo several times walking instead of going for rebounds.

I'm not giving a pass for the rest of the team. They need to rebound too - but Amare and Melo are being paid 38$ Million dollars this year right?

Agreed. I'm not expecting perfection out of Melo and STAT, but if they're getting paid max contracts, I expect them to shoot high field goal percentages and to rebound the basketball.

petescud

Starter
I told me son, this team won;t win anything. Wrong pieces in the puzzle (players and coach) Just be a fan and don't expect much.

Archetype

Rookie
I guess you are a professional ball player? You are one of those "guys" you are talking about dumbass.

yea ikr dude, this forum is filled with conceited melo fanboys n stuck up "veterans" who think being in an unknown forum for 4 years makes you super cool and knowledgeable

I did watch the game.

Melo does take bone headed shots but he has a knack for making them in clutch. His clutch ability since he came into the league is well documented. I rather have him taking that shot over 98% of the league.
And you still want him shooting instead of passing to the open man?
Cmon Melo supporters

kinein

Benchwarmer
Check the stats and you'll find out he is one of the best over the last 7 years.

I only care about this season and the last 5 games.

He is not the same melo out of syracuse and his first 3 years in the NBA.

If you think that - you must be ignoring the extra 15-20lbs of fat he has bulked up on.

And unfortunately how good he was last year does not translate into a NBA FINALS this year. Nor the year before or the year before or the years wearing a Nuggets jersey. Get the point?

Rioferd

Benchwarmer
Agreed. I'm not expecting perfection out of Melo and STAT, but if they're getting paid max contracts, I expect them to shoot high field goal percentages and to rebound the basketball.

I just expect them to actually look like they give a shit on the defensive end. At least jump for the rebound stat. Don't just stand there and let Gibson rip it from above your head.

Its gotten to the point where you have to wonder why we even signed these two bums in the first place. Yes they are big name players. But are they really worth max contracts? They aren't winning us any games right now and even last year it was more or less the same.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul

I rather have them each average 22 a game and shoot 48%-50% than whatever they've done in the past. They need to be willing to play defense. I mean Amar'e has a nice offensive game, one of his better ones this year, but where was the D? We got KILLED on the boards. To be fair Chicago kills everyone on the boards but that was ridiculous.

They can do it, but time is running out.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I guess you are a professional ball player? You are one of those "guys" you are talking about dumbass.

Dog, get your weight up around here before you come at me. Go through some of the threads and get acclimated before you start puffing your cyber chest out.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
Trolling pretty hard right now - this has nothing to do with D'antoni - and everything to do with starters play.

Coaching is a chess match, and Doc, Thibs, Collins have out coached Dantoni in the last week alone. I don't have to say much more than that.

Archetype

Rookie
Dog, get your weight up around here before you come at me. Go through some of the threads and get acclimated before you start puffing your cyber chest out.

yo how conceited can u get, no one cares about how well known u are in this forum my man

redarmy81

Rookie
anybody who has played nba2k12 will know what im talking about..

stat does score 20 points, but that doesnt help when you get outrebounded by 10 rebounds, and you let ur opponent get easy baskets..

jeffries though he does those things that dont normally show up on the stats but the things you get a lot of teammate grade on nba2k12, know what i mean? like setting screens, rebounding, taking charges, boxing out.

but it is hard to win games when only 3 of the players on the team actually try to play defense. Chandler, Jeffries & Shump