OT: Wojo Reports Trade...3-Team(Heat/Warriors/Celtics)

Broadway

All Star
https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA

Celtics Trade: Jordan Crawford and Marshawn Brooks

Warriors Trade: Toney Douglas

Heat Trade: Joel Anthony, Philadelphia Protected Future 1st Round Pick, Future 2nd Round Pick

[
[
[
Celtics Receive: Joel Anthony, Philadelphia Protected Future 1st Round Pick, Future 2nd Round Pick

Warriors Receive: Jordan Crawford and Marshawn Brooks

Heat Receive: Toney Douglas

Miami sheds salary relinquishing draft picks as they presume to stay league's best(which makes sense)......Boston acquires more and more picks to rebuild going forward.....GSW acquires young assets to infuse into their already in progress youth movement.

Rondo is returning too...

Uhhhhh this is how you do trades the exact opposite of what we would do.

Mods please move thread to appropriate sub/lateral forum if necessary

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
I like this in the Knicks forum for a few days so people can get a chance to read it. Just dies over in the NBA forum.

Warriors made out like bandits, Toney Douglas for Crawford and Brooks? Crawford or Brooks are inconsistent scorers and so so defenders but 2 pretty good athletes with some potential for Toney D is a steal.

Wonder if Anthony leaving the Heat makes way for them to pick up Andrew Bynum? Oden is not ready they need a big man to replace JA.

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
wow, what did we get for TD....haha

I'll tell you what we did by trading....

Andrew Kirk Toney Wiggins Lebron Hebrsteit James Douglas Cameron Earl Worthy Jones Tom Boykins Bubba Merton Watson Hanks

Here you go....

Knicks Trade: Toney Douglas, Josh Harrelson, Jerome Jordan, 2014 second, 2015 second
Rockets Trade: Marcus Camby

Knicks Receive: Marcus Camby(3yr $13.2mil deal)
Rockets Receive: Toney Douglas(Cash Paid Salary by Knicks), Josh Harrelson, Jerome Jordan, 2014(2nd), 2015(2nd)

[
[
[
[

Knicks Trade: Marcus Camby, Steve Novak, Q-Snitch 2014(2nd), 2017(2nd), 2016(swap 1st)
Raptors Trade: Andrea Bargnani

Raptors Receive: Marcus Camby, Steve Novak, Q-Snitch 2014(2nd), 2017(2nd), 2016(swap 1st)
Knicks Receive: Andrea Bargnani

In conclusion....

Knicks Trade:

Toney Douglas(Cash), Josh Harrelson, Jerome Jordan, 2014(2nd), 2014(2nd), 2015(2nd), 2017(2nd), 2016(swap 1st)

for

Andrea Bargnani(2yrs $25mil), and Marcus Camby(3yrs $13.2mil)

I'll line up at the Buffet to eat that Food Poisoning of trades 8 days out of the week every time. What about Ya'll?

Last edited:

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★

Andrew Toney Kirk Wiggins Lebron Hebrsteit James Douglas Cameron Earl Worthy Jones Tom Boykins Bubba Merton Watson Hanks

Here you go....

Knicks Trades: Toney Douglas, Josh Harrelson, Jerome Jordan, 2014 second, 2015 second

Rockets Receive: Toney Douglas(Cash Paid Salary by Knicks), Josh Harrelson, Jerome Jordan, 2014(2nd) 2015(2nd)

[
[
[
[

Knicks Trade: Marcus Camby Steve Novak, Q-Snitch 2014(2nd), 2017(2nd), 2016(swap 1st)

Raptors Receive: Marcus Camby, Steve Novak, Q-Snitch 2014(2nd), 2017(2nd), 2016(swap 1st)

In conclusion....

Knicks Trade:

Toney Douglas(Cash) Josh Harrelson, Jerome Jordan, 2014(2nd), 2014(2nd), 2015(2nd), 2017(2nd), 2016(swap 1st)

for

Andrea Bargnani(2yrs $25mil) and Marcus Camby(3yrs $13.2mil)

I'll line up at the Buffet to eat that Food Poisoning of trades 8 days out of the week every time. What about Ya'll?

Why the Knicks???? :'(

tiger0330

Legend
Why the Knicks???? :'(
Bargs has been a pleasant surprise, if he stays healthy and plays like he has. The Knicks get it right some times, letting Novak go though they were the ones that overpaid him and not re-signing Landry after Toronto gave him that ridiculous deal.

Broadway

All Star
Bargs has been a pleasant surprise, if he stays healthy and plays like he has. The Knicks get it right some times, letting Novak go though they were the ones that overpaid him and not re-signing Landry after Toronto gave him that ridiculous deal.

I bet those pick we gave up will be better "pleasant surprises"?

Let's keep it FOREALITY....

- We didn't trade for Bargnani so we could walk away thinking we got a good deal over the other team or to counter moves made by other teams

- We didn't trade for Bargnani in hopes he'd produce statistically

- We didn't trade for Bargnani to prove he was better than Novak

- We didn't trade for Bargnani hoping he'd be healthy enough to play

- We didn't trade for Bargnani hoping he'd play just good enough than his last seasons in Toronto

While some of the above is applicable in vacuums, ultimately we traded for him to be a solution to our problems and he's like the furthest thing from any solution.

He solves nothing. His acquisition should show up in the Ws-Ls and unfortunately he's got that negative side value. It's so bad Woody is contemplating if Amar'e can start again in place of him. Bargnani has played pretty much every game this season and yet we're 13-25, 8 gms under .500. Last year around this time with Novak playing, we were 25-13.

I don't want to hear anything about how bad our guards suck because for all the Bobby Humpin Around Brown chasing we did over the summer, knowing that was a glaring weakness we forsook truly addressing that issue with our 2014(2nd), 2017(2nd), and 2016(1st) in hand and instead blew our assets on a Stiff/Turnstyle in Bargs who's Live about 1 out of every 5gms.

Oh and don't think it's no coincidence Raptors get rid of Bargnani and Gay and they rise to the top of the division and the Raptors in both cases gave up better talent on paper right? You win when you make decisions that achieve desired goals irregardless of what the paper transaction says and our goal last time I checked is to WIN....with the owner saying himself publicly we have a better team and he expects to win. Funny how this all works out because it leaves some fans making excuses trying to cover over all of this team's Sins/Transgressions. In the end we reap what we sew.

CASE CLOSED!!!!

metrocard

Legend

Andrew Toney Kirk Wiggins Lebron Hebrsteit James Douglas Cameron Earl Worthy Jones Tom Boykins Bubba Merton Watson Hanks

Here you go....

Knicks Trades: Toney Douglas, Josh Harrelson, Jerome Jordan, 2014 second, 2015 second

Rockets Receive: Toney Douglas(Cash Paid Salary by Knicks), Josh Harrelson, Jerome Jordan, 2014(2nd) 2015(2nd)

[
[
[
[

Knicks Trade: Marcus Camby Steve Novak, Q-Snitch 2014(2nd), 2017(2nd), 2016(swap 1st)

In conclusion....

Knicks Trade:

Toney Douglas(Cash) Josh Harrelson, Jerome Jordan, 2014(2nd), 2014(2nd), 2015(2nd), 2017(2nd), 2016(swap 1st)

for

Andrea Bargnani(2yrs $25mil) and Marcus Camby(3yrs $13.2mil)

God-like post, good job.

Bad trade for the Warriors. They don't need Crawford or Brooks, with Curry and Thompson on deck, they need more perimeter defenders and Douglas was one of their best. Douglas will take Cole's spot in Miami.

Boston gets better and better for the future.

metrocard

Legend

For what we gave up, Bargs wasn't suppose to be a pleasant "surprise". For that value, you trade for Zach Randolph or Shawn Marion type production, not Andrea Bargnani production.

Broadway

All Star
God-like post, good job.

Bad trade for the Warriors. They don't need Crawford or Brooks, with Curry and Thompson on deck, they need more perimeter defenders and Douglas was one of their best. Douglas will take Cole's spot in Miami.

Boston gets better and better for the future.

They do need better bench guard play and bigger guards in general. Not like they gave up much to get them. They're both probably better than Douglas. I'd do a 1 for 2 trade for depth without blinking if it doesn't put my team in a bad position.The win-win for them...more than likely a solid playoff team, so if any of those 2 crack the rotation and receive playing time can we say...."INCREASED ASSET TRADE VALUE"?

They can still reroute them by February if I'm not mistaken.

tiger0330

Legend
For what we gave up, Bargs wasn't suppose to be a pleasant "surprise". For that value, you trade for Zach Randolph or Shawn Marion type production, not Andrea Bargnani production.
I was against the trade but shedding Novak who doesnt even play and Camby who is still out with that 2 year foot injury was meaningless. Who won the trade will be decided in 2016, but at the moment we got the better deal. You really think giving up those picks and Novak, Camby should have got you a ZBo or Marion?

Broadway

All Star
I was against the trade but shedding Novak who doesnt even play and Camby who is still out with that 2 year foot injury was meaningless. Who won the trade will be decided in 2016, but at the moment we got the better deal. You really think giving up those picks and Novak, Camby should have got you a ZBo or Marion?

We did not get the better end of the deal not even at the moment. I could see if we had the record the Raptors have currently. Very mediocre in the grand scheme of things and premature to think so, even in the short term.

This is how I see the trade right now and down the road

- They got rid of and/or aren't playing assets we traded them

- They have a better record than us

- They play in our division having already beaten us twice…. in which Bargnani was a total non factor in 1 of those games

- They made our cap situation more hella 2yrs straight(recall how brutal it was to improve our off-season via free agency this past summer. Go look at Barg's Penny Bank and tell me what you see this summer)

- We may put them in position to be players in free agency this summer

- They still have our 3 picks.

Let's look at it like this in a future small window coming up in 5mos….

[The 2014(2nd), 2017(2nd), Pablo, plus cash could be packaged to move into the 1st round of this summer's draft.

You know maybe draft(pick range 25-30) a talent as good as TimBugJr or better….which is believed to be one of the deepest since 2003. A draft in which we have…. count them….

0 PICKS]

While I don't agree...we could have traded for Zach…maybe more probable to do…..

Felton/Novak/Shump or TimBugJr/2016/2018 1st for Deng/Hinrich/2nd. For as much as I do not care for Melo's overrated behind Deng is the perfect compliment to his style of play.

Last edited:

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
Felton/Novak/Shump or TimBugJr/2016/2018 1st for Deng/Hinrich/2nd. For as much as I do not care for Melo's overrated behind Deng is the perfect compliment to his style of play.

dengs been traded to CLE...anyhow, we dont need another sf...what we need is a tru pg that can defend his spot better than what we have

we need to get on that rondo train asap

Broadway

All Star
dengs been traded to CLE...anyhow, we dont need another sf...what we need is a tru pg that can defend his spot better than what we have

we need to get on that rondo train asap

I said "could have" in probability. I know Deng has been traded. If you look at the players/assets(Novak/2016 pick included) I listed in the trade, it was obvious I was referring to a time prior...what if we had kept assets longer scenario.

Uhhhmmm let's say we trade TimBugJr

Hinrich
Shump
Deng
Melo
Chandler

That's fairly solid and a pretty balanced team. Melo has been playing power forward for us in many games and it hasn't stopped him from getting numbers in streak fashion. What Deng allows for us to do, is guard on the other side of the basketball with our switches and help defense schemes. He'd also be a great equalizer on offense and he doesn't take bad shots and he's a ball mover.

I already stated in a previous post what we could have done assets wise applying it to a point guard acquisition. I mentioned the Deng scenario because another poster mentioned we could have gone for Zach or Deng.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend

Andrew Kirk Toney Wiggins Lebron Hebrsteit James Douglas Cameron Earl Worthy Jones Tom Boykins Bubba Merton Watson Hanks

Here you go....

Rockets Receive: Toney Douglas(Cash Paid Salary by Knicks), Josh Harrelson, Jerome Jordan, 2014(2nd), 2015(2nd)

Knicks Trade: Marcus Camby, Steve Novak, Q-Snitch 2014(2nd), 2017(2nd), 2016(swap 1st)

In conclusion....
Knicks Trade:

Toney Douglas(Cash), Josh Harrelson, Jerome Jordan, 2014(2nd), 2014(2nd), 2015(2nd), 2017(2nd), 2016(swap 1st)

for
Andrea Bargnani(2yrs $25mil), and Marcus Camby(3yrs $13.2mil)

Yesterday Blues of a missmanage team (clueless walsh/grunwald).

Kiyaman

Legend
Miami
The Miami Heat started the season with a winning 12 man rotation for the 2013-13 postseason games ..
and it didnt include players Oden/Mason Jr./Joel Anthony. Now .. giving up a Lottery-team (Philly) protected 1st pick is not hard to do.
Why do Spoe/DWade/Lebron want a player like Toney Douglas (relentless trap defense, system roleplayer, need to work on slashing, and 3 ball shot)?

GS
Why do GS want Crawford & Brooks? GS have a decent 8 man rotation for the postseason games ..
I guess Crawford scoring will give GS a 9 man rotation in playoffs, plus Crawford give GS a replacement scoring-guard when Curry/Klay/or Iggy rest a few games during midseason. Mashon Brooks was a throw-in.

Boston
Boston is not a playoff team, they are collectors of future draft picks again.