Linsanity Rule could ease all our off season concerns!

CA7

Scoring Champ
The more we think we should revolve around Lin the less likely it is for us to win a championship

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
The more we think we should revolve around Lin the less likely it is for us to win a championship

I don't think we should revolve around any one. Revolve around a combination, maybe. It's a team sport.

But I would say Lin is definitely a key element to win a championship. No more. no less. He is not God. But he is good.

orangeblobman

Rotation player

If you think a championship will come to New York with Carmelo Anthony on this team, I have some bridge to sell you over a dried-up river. So you will buy a bridge over an ancient river that does not have water any longer.

Lin has chance to win a championship in this lifetime, while Carmelo will win one if you gave an infinite amount of monkeys an infinite amount of type writers and they will create the works of Shakespeare. It's that type of thing.

Kiyaman

Legend

Why would u write somemething like that?
What info do u have to base this from?

A PG main job is to improve his teammates performance on offense.......
During the time of Lin-Sanity our rookie Shump performance (and decision making) improve 60% on offense/defense to the point of being reliable as the 6th-Man and Finisher down the stretch of each game.

Do I have to mention the improve performance in other teammates.....Jefferies, Bibby, Walker, Fields, Novak.
Lin-Sanity co-exist better with Tyson Chandler than Stat & Melo.

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
Why would u write somemething like that?
What info do u have to base this from?

A PG main job is to improve his teammates performance on offense.......
During the time of Lin-Sanity our rookie Shump performance (and decision making) improve 60% on offense/defense to the point of being reliable as the 6th-Man and Finisher down the stretch of each game.

Do I have to mention the improve performance in other teammates.....Jefferies, Bibby, Walker, Fields, Novak.
Lin-Sanity co-exist better with Tyson Chandler than Stat & Melo.
We all know how his opinions are totally biased regrading Melo and Lin.

Gets my vote for HOS (Hall of Shame)!

Bunta

Benchwarmer
If you think a championship will come to New York with Carmelo Anthony on this team, I have some bridge to sell you over a dried-up river. So you will buy a bridge over an ancient river that does not have water any longer.

Lin has chance to win a championship in this lifetime, while Carmelo will win one if you gave an infinite amount of monkeys an infinite amount of type writers and they will create the works of Shakespeare. It's that type of thing.
Analogies are really not your friend! LOL

CA7

Scoring Champ
Oh god with the Linsanity ****, thats how bad its become the entire Knick fan base is dying for easy ways to championship contention we're relying on a guy who beat up on 1. sub 500 teams 2. guys who played fresh vs guys who were playing in all those condensed games and were fatigued for the most part and 3. not realizing that it was not only Lin who played well everyone did and not because of Lin because of opportunity but even still that team would go no where in the playoffs

Lin got raped by Mario Chalmers and the Miami Heat D the defense we struggle against and you wanna go toe to toe with LeBron and Wade the next 5 years with Lin as our main guy. I like him as our PG but lets be realistic when it comes to expectations because as a fan base thats all we do and I've stopped it and let things play out

I'm saying TRADE HIM or HE SUCKS but he isn't as good as you guys are making him out to be I want him to be great but he isn't there which is my point, most teams built around PG's rarely win titles, Magic, Isiah and who else really, teams are built around dominate wings and bigs because serviceable PG's are good enough to help teams get over the top

Thats what I'm saying

CA7

Scoring Champ
We all know how his opinions are totally biased regrading Melo and Lin.

Gets my vote for HOS (Hall of Shame)!

look I'm always critical of Melo just not the type to say he sucks because I understand why he played so bad with Lin you guys are over rating him

So its fair for guys to say anything about Melo or STAT but Lin is off hands, I get it :barf:

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
look I'm always critical of Melo just not the type to say he sucks because I understand why he played so bad with Lin you guys are over rating him

So its fair for guys to say anything about Melo or STAT but Lin is off hands, I get it :barf:

I am not over rating him. Neither am I under rating him like you.

Yes, there are about 10 PGs who are playing at a better level than Lin but Lin certainly is not ranked around 25 like you had ranked him. The grass is not always greener on the other side!

So that one game against Criami is a good indication but 25 games is not enough??

Maynor and Session are better PGs?

If you stay out of Melo and Lin, you are a great poster. That's all i am saying.

CA7

Scoring Champ
I am not over rating him. Neither am I under rating him like you.

Yes, there are about 10 PGs who are playing at a better level than Lin but Lin certainly is not ranked around 25 like you had ranked him. The grass is not always greener on the other side!

So that one game against Criami is a good indication but 25 games is not enough??

Maynor and Session are better PGs?

If you stay out of Melo and Lin, you are a great poster. That's all i am saying.

I'm not under rating him and the Sessions and Maynor thing was me saying "hey I can say ignorant **** too" regardless Lin is a top 15 PG but still his ceiling isn't as high as most think. The one game against the Cheat was an example of us relying on him to beat them, we can say yeah he beat the Raptors, Nets and Wizards but got beat down against the Heat which is more of an indication of his game.

Regardless he's young and still learning and we have to realized that if we dont and anoint him the savior and he flops then we're back to what? nothing

I just want to be realistic that its

and yes I cant really get into it when it comes to Melo and Lin only because I feel some under value Melo and over rate Lin but thats my opinion say way you guys feel I under value Lin and over rate Melo

But I think they'll be great together if Melo gets more explosive and better off the ball player as far as cutting, coming off screens and running the floor and Lin gets better at gettin the guys into the right spots for Melo's iso's and understands that the spacing needs to be right for isolation to work

I'm just bumping this post because the arbitration date is coming up.. June 13 will decide the direction this team goes in and could dictate our lineup for the next few years. but what i've been reading on twitter suggests that the knicks will not win this appeal. im still hoping though :crossfingers:

CA7

Scoring Champ
has the summer forum really boiled down to CA7 and orange whining about melo and lin?

honestly I've stayed away from all Lin bash, Melo bash, Knick bash arguments

I dont come hear to bitch and moan I wanna talk about how we can improve as a team.

For the record I like Lin as a player when we got him I was excited but I just have my limitations regarding his potential

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
There's no reason Lin can't become a solid point guard in this league.

Yes, he's not going to be the next Tony Parker, but we don't need that. All we need is someone who can facilitate ball movement - in case you weren't watching the playoffs, our ball movement was DEAD against Miami. I don't know if Lin would've helped us beat them, but we looked SLUGGISH that series for a reason - no PG.

skisloper

Starter
honestly I've stayed away from all Lin bash, Melo bash, Knick bash arguments

I dont come hear to bitch and moan I wanna talk about how we can improve as a team.

For the record I like Lin as a player when we got him I was excited but I just have my limitations regarding his potential

He's no JR to you

LV&C

Benchwarmer
Why do we have to build around someone to win? That's just asking for trouble. This is a team sports. This is a business. You don't build a business around one employee, do you? We build on and around everyone, all of them. Use all of their strengths as one. This is the problem when we just cater to one or two players and neglect everyone else on the court and wonder why we lost. smh.

There is a reason why there are 5 players on the court. It can't be that only 1 or 2 players are shooting (or trying to shoot for that matter) and the rest are just running up and down the court. They are not being paid to just run, they are paid to contribute. Let them contribute. They will not be motivated to do more if they are not given that chance. Don't treat other players like they are just fillers, just to show that you have 5 on the court.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Why do we have to build around someone to win? That's just asking for trouble. This is a team sports. This is a business. You don't build a business around one employee, do you? We build on and around everyone, all of them. Use all of their strengths as one. This is the problem when we just cater to one or two players and neglect everyone else on the court and wonder why we lost. smh.

There is a reason why there are 5 players on the court. It can't be that only 1 or 2 players are shooting (or trying to shoot for that matter) and the rest are just running up and down the court. They are not being paid to just run, they are paid to contribute. Let them contribute. They will not be motivated to do more if they are not given that chance. Don't treat other players like they are just fillers, just to show that you have 5 on the court.

Every team needs at least a dominant 2 players. You can't have a winning team with a bunch of role player talent (sans Harden).

No, you don't build a business around one employee but the CEO is the guy that will take charge in growing the business. Can't have a successful business without a business savy CEO.

Kiyaman

Legend

u been watching the Denver Nuggets after they rid themselves of Iso-Melo.....
Denver 38-28 season record compared to our Lin-Sanity 36-30 season record.