New York @ Golden State

nyk1986

Benchwarmer
I wish these Knicks wouldn't give me so much of a scare...even when you think you're ahead...

When have the Knicks ever won a game handily? The only thing I remember us doing in my years as a fan are having close games we gut out or getting blown out (recent few years) if the game isn't within contention. Looks like the pieces are lining up though. Beating teams we should beat is a start. Let's keep it up.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Felton was absolutely unconcious. Some of the shots he made were pure luck lol.

Great game by STAT, and a fantastic final 3 minutes by Gallo. He saved us.

Anyways the Knicks tend to let up after a nice win. The Clips are up tomorrow, im praying and pleading to the Knicks not to lose to them.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Felton was amazing. He finally had chemistry with Amare and everybody else. The pick and roll may finally come. I have restored faith in Felton now.

And Gallo was clutch. Huge shots at the end when we needed baskets and nobody was hitting. Those 3's and drawn fouls at the end won the game for us. The way he's played the last 2 1/2 games are what we expected from him. Driving, passing, shooting and drawing fouls are why some of us see a very good player. He just needs to be consistent and hopefully he's learning and gaining confidence.

lolwutaa.jpg

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
It's amazing to see Gallo playing the way he is. Now he's proven that he doesn't need to shoot 10 3's to score a lot of points. The more he drives to the basket the more the Knicks win...hm, that's saying something, isn't it?

iSaYughh

Starter
I
It's amazing to see Gallo playing the way he is. Now he's proven that he doesn't need to shoot 10 3's to score a lot of points. The more he drives to the basket the more the Knicks win...hm, that's saying something, isn't it?

It's amazing mainly because he has legit amazing skills. Plus a mentality that has the potential to make him a consistent, clutch killer and killer and gamechanger.

He showed this playing pro in high level euro ball as a teenager. Slashing, passing, IQ, defense, winning mentality. With a growing 6'10'' frame.

This was his trademark. And why he was a lotto pick prospect. That we somehow made a huge reach for him is another false piece of propoganda. Whether Gordon or Lopez turns out to be better for us, Gallo wasn't a reach. It had little to nothing to do with D'ant, aside from D'ant knowing his game and having researched it. Like any coach would. Being an oldschool friend w Gallo's dad is incidental. Its really just a nice superficial thing to focus on, and ignore the actual circumstances and realties of Gallo and that draft.

He showed he could translate the aforesaid skills onto the NBA, even with a lineup in development, and the stage of NYC. He also showed the surprising ability to rain down 3s at an elite clip.

So now wha do we have?

A true pro. He battled thru bullshit and growing pains and a new roster...and thru 12 games got comfortable adapting his slashing and charity strip game to the NBA.

(One step backwards. For two steps forward)

Now that his pure shot is reverting back to a normal level (lol, we got peeps been trying to pass him off as a 37% shooter), we are seeing The Cock's total package.

To put it mildly, this is why you don't treat Gallo like some 28yr old journeyman with lame skills you can't wait to dump into a trash bin like some leper.

It'll be interesting to see of the Gallo haters who starts taking naps, who mans up, and who still trashes him till he's All NBA bc their reps are so invested in Gallo (and D'ant) being abysmal cancer-like NBA talents.

Gallo will have as good or better numbers this season than Gordon or Lopez, IMO. Despite his slow start and having about a season less experience than them.

And u can't put a price on clutch. Or being able to do it in ny. And having the respect of veterans despite being a 22yr old hotshot Dolce model prospect for a tumultuous franchise.

Anti-gallo movement has been a great propoganda machine. Lotta fluff, falsehoods, denial, mixed with a little truth and natural concern.

We may even really downplay Melo trade efforts. If he can't sit tight, we sit tight. Add a starting C in off season, solidify SG, resign Wilson.

And use our still great cap situation, timely contracts, and assets to powerplay for a PG.

Great game. And even tho we didnt face Lee, it forced Ellis' hand and he was hotter than the sun.

kukoc7

Benchwarmer
I

It's amazing mainly because he has legit amazing skills. Plus a mentality that has the potential to make him a consistent, clutch killer and killer and gamechanger.

He showed this playing pro in high level euro ball as a teenager. Slashing, passing, IQ, defense, winning mentality. With a growing 6'10'' frame.

This was his trademark. And why he was a lotto pick prospect. That we somehow made a huge reach for him is another false piece of propoganda. Whether Gordon or Lopez turns out to be better for us, Gallo wasn't a reach. It had little to nothing to do with D'ant, aside from D'ant knowing his game and having researched it. Like any coach would. Being an oldschool friend w Gallo's dad is incidental. Its really just a nice superficial thing to focus on, and ignore the actual circumstances and realties of Gallo and that draft.

He showed he could translate the aforesaid skills onto the NBA, even with a lineup in development, and the stage of NYC. He also showed the surprising ability to rain down 3s at an elite clip.

So now wha do we have?

A true pro. He battled thru bullshit and growing pains and a new roster...and thru 12 games got comfortable adapting his slashing and charity strip game to the NBA.

(One step backwards. For two steps forward)

Now that his pure shot is reverting back to a normal level (lol, we got peeps been trying to pass him off as a 37% shooter), we are seeing The Cock's total package.

To put it mildly, this is why you don't treat Gallo like some 28yr old journeyman with lame skills you can't wait to dump into a trash bin like some leper.

It'll be interesting to see of the Gallo haters who starts taking naps, who mans up, and who still trashes him till he's All NBA bc their reps are so invested in Gallo (and D'ant) being abysmal cancer-like NBA talents.

Gallo will have as good or better numbers this season than Gordon or Lopez, IMO. Despite his slow start and having about a season less experience than them.

And u can't put a price on clutch. Or being able to do it in ny. And having the respect of veterans despite being a 22yr old hotshot Dolce model prospect for a tumultuous franchise.

Anti-gallo movement has been a great propoganda machine. Lotta fluff, falsehoods, denial, mixed with a little truth and natural concern.

We may even really downplay Melo trade efforts. If he can't sit tight, we sit tight. Add a starting C in off season, solidify SG, resign Wilson.

And use our still great cap situation, timely contracts, and assets to powerplay for a PG.

Great game. And even tho we didnt face Lee, it forced Ellis' hand and he was hotter than the sun.

Thanks man.
You avoid me to write the same things but in a very bad english :lol:
It's exactly what I think: Go for CP3 and a solid center and the team is done.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
If Gallo has games like this one night in and night out we'd be morons to trade him for anybody.

Imagine what we could do with him playing like this night in and night out. All we really need is for Anthony Randolph to come into his own and we'd be the most freakishly talented team in the NBA.

I mean FFS just imagine what would happen if you had this lineup:

CP3
Carmelo
20 PPG Gallo
Amar'e
Mozgov

Bench:

TD
Randolph
Walker
etc.

That team would be dominant...

clumsy

Rotation player
Let's hope Gallo continues this playing style.

Even as a someone who is ambivalent towards him, i have to say he has been great in the last 2 games. I don't know what has changed, but in the 2 quarters i saw tonight he was pretty much unstoppable and making smart decisions. After that 1st missed 3 he changed his style. if he continues to play this way we are a dangerous team.

Maybe it's cuz we are playing wack defensive teams but i say we can still make 500 if we play this way. I don't like d'antoni and think overall he can't help us win it all but i stand by giving him 20 games. His past resume has earned him that right i see now. I guess i'll admit i jumped the gun.

I still say tho that someone that can develop anthony randolph would help us more long term tho. But i'll be happy with 500 thiis year

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Let's hope Gallo continues this playing style.

Even as a someone who is ambivalent towards him, i have to say he has been great in the last 2 games. I don't know what has changed, but in the 2 quarters i saw tonight he was pretty much unstoppable and making smart decisions. After that 1st missed 3 he changed his style. if he continues to play this way we are a dangerous team.

Maybe it's cuz we are playing wack defensive teams but i say we can still make 500 if we play this way. I don't like d'antoni and think overall he can't help us win it all but i stand by giving him 20 games. His past resume has earned him that right i see now. I guess i'll admit i jumped the gun.

I still say tho that someone that can develop anthony randolph would help us more long term tho. But i'll be happy with 500 thiis year

Gallinari took advantage of the Kings' and Warriors' inability to read the scouting report.

They kept fouling him on shot attempts that he usually misses. Gallinari had 27 points on 8 shot attempts against the kings. He only made 4 field goals, so why did he finish with so many points? Bailout fouls by the Kings. They respected a 36% shooter way more than they should have.

The Warriors were putting Stephen Curry on Gallinari, in the 4th quarter. How they expected a 6-2 point guard to stop a 6-10 player is beyond me.

That's pretty much why he played well.

All a team has to do to stop him is read the scouting report.

How do I know this? Look at his overall shooting percentage. There's a reason why he still hasn't broken 40% from the field, 13 games into the season.

I'm happy about the last two wins, though.

But unless the team goes over .500 and can maintain it for 3 weeks, I'm still not convinced.

D'Antoni sucks. He put a countdown on his head.

KBlack25

Starter
Gallinari took advantage of the Kings' and Warriors' inability to read the scouting report.

They kept fouling him on shot attempts that he usually misses. Gallinari had 27 points on 8 shot attempts against the kings. He only made 4 field goals, so why did he finish with so many points? Bailout fouls by the Kings. They respected a 36% shooter way more than they should have.

The Warriors were putting Stephen Curry on Gallinari, in the 4th quarter. How they expected a 6-2 point guard to stop a 6-10 player is beyond me.

That's pretty much why he played well.

All a team has to do to stop him is read the scouting report.

How do I know this? Look at his overall shooting percentage. There's a reason why he still hasn't broken 40% from the field, 13 games into the season.

I'm happy about the last two wins, though.

But unless the team goes over .500 and can maintain it for 3 weeks, I'm still not convinced.

D'Antoni sucks. He put a countdown on his head.

You would be right...but the difference is in the type of shots he is taking.

Gallo was rarely getting fouled chucking up threes, if he was you would be right. But Gallo has been taking the ball to the hoop more and being aggressive with the ball. That's how you draw fouls, and Gallinari's ability to get in the middle and either be allowed a layup or get fouled has been critical to his gameplay thus far.

It was not a matter of the Kings/Warriors not reading the scouting report. It was a matter of the scouting report not being indicative of HOW Gallo played the game. The Warriors shut Gallo down not too long ago, I doubt in a week's time they forgot. The different from that game and this one is Gallo taking the ball to the rack instead of settling for bad shots. THAT is why he is getting fouled.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
You would be right...but the difference is in the type of shots he is taking.

Gallo was rarely getting fouled chucking up threes, if he was you would be right. But Gallo has been taking the ball to the hoop more and being aggressive with the ball. That's how you draw fouls, and Gallinari's ability to get in the middle and either be allowed a layup or get fouled has been critical to his gameplay thus far.

It was not a matter of the Kings/Warriors not reading the scouting report. It was a matter of the scouting report not being indicative of HOW Gallo played the game. The Warriors shut Gallo down not too long ago, I doubt in a week's time they forgot. The different from that game and this one is Gallo taking the ball to the rack instead of settling for bad shots. THAT is why he is getting fouled.

I disagree.

In the game against Sacramento, they fouled him on 5 shot attempts where he was either behind the 3 point line or with his foot on the line.

Against the Warriors, I clearly remember Dorrell Wright spacing out and allowing Gallinari to just walk to the basket for layups and dunks.

All Wright had to do was put his arm out and force him to the perimeter, but he didn't.

Then, in the 4th quarter, they put a 6-2 Curry on Gallinari.

I guarantee you Gallinari will not have the same success against the Clippers,
UNLESS they're stupid enough to put a point guard on him like the Warriors did.

Gallinari shoots below 37% for a reason. He has trouble finishing around the basket and his shooting is mediocore.

In fact, I've seen him drive to the basket numerous times and get airballs or bricks on open drives to the basket numerous times this season.

The Warriors are just awful on defense, and the Kings don't read scouting reports before the start of games.

The Warriors are the same team Chris Duhon and Raymond Felton had career highs. Enuff said about their defense.

KBlack25

Starter
Gallinari drew 14 fouls in the Sacramento game, 13 defensive fouls. That means even if there were 5 (I wasn't counting, and don't know if there is a site that keeps track...so I'm using your number) from beyond the arc or one foot on the line that means there were 8 where that wasn't the case.

Are you really saying Gallo isn't taking the ball to the basket more? Because that looks pretty clear to me.