Knicks @ Mavs-3-10-11: Suck on This Chuck!

When has Antoni EVER gone big? Going big for Antoni is not having 1 guy over 6'10 on the floor.

True. I dont know. I'm used to seeing coaches try anything to get back into a game. You go big for 3-4 mins and see what you can get out of it. Exactly what do you have to lose? If anything we come back and win and the Media starts labeling you a genius.

I was going to post that we lost b/c our offense let us down (again); how Carmelo had an off night. Then I stopped, gathered myself and realized that Dal currently has 123 on the board.

Aren't people tired of this crap?

We lost tonight b/c of effort- there was none. I can understand if you're tired, but no matter how many games you play in a week... That doesn't excuse you from trying.

If we boxed out we win this game. Dal, like Cle before, just demolished us on the offensive glass. All those 2nd points are killers when you allow the team to shoot 80% of something.

Sean Williams was a disaster on defense. It was beyond bad. Almost as if Cuban slipped him 100 grand. I love the bball gods, and they shove Brewer right in our face... On a night Jeffries was terrible (once again).

Right now, Philly is .5 behind us. Lol. Dantnoi can't have this team any better than trying to hold off Philly? Lol. He's had plenty of talent this season. If MD was coaching Philly, they would be 10-55 right now.

This coach is not a good fit for this team. The offense has no movement. One pass and dribble or chuck a 3. It's so obvious we're watching the end of the MD era. He really should have taken that Chi gig, and we would have thibby?

Most league scouts and execs agree... We don't have the players to run MD's system, and NY won't stand for 127 points every night. After we get swept by Mia... MD will get fired. Well, maybe we lose 4-1.
:agreed: I wish we had Doug Collins.

We had our chances. If only we could have got the lead under 10 that would have been all the momentum in the world. At least I seen something in this team tonight... The ability to fight with no quit what so ever. 7th game in 10 nights was an extremely tough stretch. Playing .600 since the trade is good basektball especially putting into account the teams & road games we've played. Sweep the Pacers in the home & away & we're well on our way to the playoffs
No offense dude but you have a 33.5 posts per day average and you have 306 posts when only made your account this month.And its March 11, do you go outside?

nyk_nyk

All Star
+1

I've concluded that months ago. This game merely just accentuated all the knocks against him...And there's a bunch. I honestly think Antoni knows he's gone unless we start playing D so he's doing everything he can now to keep his job. We we're hot the last few games... But's it's how we play in the games when we're not hot that truly show you how good your coach is and today he was borderline terrible. No adjustments, mismanaged the rotation, never had us crashing the boards... just plain bad.

The ability for the coach to make in game adjustments is a key component to winning ball games. Dantoni is a great offensive coach but when you need those Xs and Os for strategic purposes, he fails.

I have memories of JVG with his clip board and constantly making adjustments during the game. He constantly subbed for matchup purposes and at the end of games he was very technical when it came to using his players. That's a real all around coach.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
There is no understandable reason to start complaining about everything if we lost to one of the contenders. I always get very excited and really happy if we did an outstanding job and won against the team like this, because I simply do not expect that after years of being beaten by almost everyone in the league. And that's why I say "nothing happened", there is still many games left to prove we're still playing better, we still improve...

YungMelo15

Benchwarmer
The ability for the coach to make in game adjustments is a key component to winning ball games. Dantoni is a great offensive coach but when you need those Xs and Os for strategic purposes, he fails.

I have memories of JVG with his clip board and constantly making adjustments during the game. He constantly subbed for matchup purposes and at the end of games he was very technical when it came to using his players. That's a real all around coach.

I agree. I wonder what his gameplan was against dallas was? I said it in an earlier post that tery would be a problem, dirk will get his, we just have to do the intangibles to win agame like this and we got killed by WIDE open shots, loose balls and rebounds.

Alot of times a coach will get a tech purposely to fire up the team, but Dantoni did it when dallas was on a run, melo n stat were on the bench and jeffries was constantly geing killed n the pick and roll. His timing was terrible. The thing that irritated me the most was Dantoni kept fields and shawne williams on the bech after they got hot.

In the 3rd q did anybody notice fields score 8 straight with a few steals, and great Defense on the ball. Right after the timeout, fields was back on the bench. Same with williams in the 2nd q after he knocked down 3 3's.

We got embarrased and outplayed. He should of tried this:
Melo pg
Fields sg
shawn williams sf
Stat pf
Turiaf or sheldon williams C

He shold of tried alot of stuff, but o well game over. On to the next

MusketeerX

Rotation player
I keep looking at the title of this thread... "Suck on this Chuck" and can't help but laugh. Charles Barkley may not be tactful, but he's not stupid... not when it comes to basketball.

Look it up in the dictionary, it's spelled: "D-E-F-E-N-S-E."

Sorry, couldn't help myself. :teeth:

It will be alright guys. We have a team that can run the half court set beautifully. We just need a defensive (head or assistant) coach and Billups back to slow down the offense.

YungMelo15

Benchwarmer
I keep looking at the title of this thread... "Suck on this Chuck" and can't help but laugh. Charles Barkley may not be tactful, but he's not stupid... not when it comes to basketball.

Look it up in the dictionary, it's spelled: "D-E-F-E-N-S-E."

Sorry, couldn't help myself. :teeth:

It will be alright guys. We have a team that can run the half court set beautifully. We just need a defensive (head or assistant) coach and Billups back to slow down the offense.

LMAO I had to post this in honor of Charles Barkley!!!

Last edited:

Sons of Thunder

Benchwarmer
In the 3rd q did anybody notice fields score 8 straight with a few steals, and great Defense on the ball. Right after the timeout, fields was back on the bench. Same with williams in the 2nd q after he knocked down 3 3's.

Yeah that was really weird. And then Melo sat what seemed like most of the 4th quarter when we were really pressing to get back into the game. By the time he came back in it was too late.