If the Nets are relatively successful this season...

KingCharles34

All Star
Yea the Nets dont have the best rim protection, an area the Knicks can capitalize on. We have 2 point guards that dish well and several players that play above the rim. Gerald Wallace is easily their best defender at the rim and Carmelo sh*tted on him last year. They're a good team but they dont match up with us. They're fans need to get off whatevers got them gassed up. We beat them 3 out of 4 at least, I guarantee it.

petescud

Starter
yeah, the Nets goal is to be a better team then the Knicks...The Knicks goal is to win a championship...we'll take the series from them this year, even if all are healthy. What happens to the Nets is DRon goes down a month or two...doh

orangeblobman

Rotation player
I think the Nets finding success in Brooklyin is the only thing that can shake Dolan out of his delusion.

It might be the best thing for the Knicks if the Nets will drop the buckets.

That said, I think Dolan, by some Once-Every-20-Years-Luck, has assembled a team that can drop some buckets of its own, and we should have a fun rivalry this season.

metrocard

Legend
We're underrating Brook Lopez heavily. That dude has the skill and potential to be a top 3-5 center in the NBA. I can't sleep on the Nets...just would be silly of me to do. Plus, I'm infatuated with their new uniforms.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
We're underrating Brook Lopez heavily. That dude has the skill and potential to be a top 3-5 center in the NBA. I can't sleep on the Nets...just would be silly of me to do. Plus, I'm infatuated with their new uniforms.

To my mind, the verdict is still out on Brook. I put him in the same category as Kevin Love, a guy that puts up numbers on terrible teams. That's not to say that I think Brook is anywhere near Love's league, but they're both unproven on some level because of the same reasons.

In all honesty, I put the Nets and us right at about the same level. Small advantage to us because of Kidd and Tyson. I think we'll do well, but so will the Nets.