Rangers thread here!!

Paul1355

All Star
Dont know if anyone here likes hockey but I'm a Rangers fan so if anyone likes the Islanders...leave...anyways Rangers have made alot of moves this offseason getting rid of old guys like Jagr and Shannahan..i like it..and Avery was said to be a clubhouse problem so it was necessary to move him even though i liked his toughness on the ice. Rangers drafted a defensive guy Del Zotto, got Kalinin, replaced Jagr and gave his money and prob his captain status to Markus Naslund, stole an all star defender in Wade Redden great move, and got some other young talented guys...everything Rangers here

jpz17

Starter
I'm a rangers fan, horrible moves NYR made. Jagar was good but not great, so I guss him going isn't that bad. But Shannahan was their best player no way he shoulda gone

Paul1355

All Star
More pros than cons

I'm a rangers fan, horrible moves NYR made. Jagar was good but not great, so I guss him going isn't that bad. But Shannahan was their best player no way he shoulda gone

Shannahan was good but look at the reason why they lost to the Penguins...youth and speed killed the Rangers. All their guys were said to look much more tired than the entire Penguins team...Glen Sather said in an interview that he wants speed on this team. Jagr was playin Brett Farve games with the Rangers if he'll come back or not...Sather had no patience for a guy that wasnt 100% sure..so he went and got a Captain from the Vancouver Cunnucks to replace him, not a bad move. And getting Wade Redden is a huge asset to be a defensive leader with him and Roszival think about it...thers more pros than cons from all the moves. They also have good young players that can score the Rangers are only gonna get better.

Ewing

Benchwarmer
Sundin will probably end up in Vancouver, we simply cannot sign him due to cap reasons.
We might have a chance of re-signing Shanny, if he decides to accept to have a different role on the team, playing less minutes and probably on the 3rd line.
Although he would get a lot of minutes on the PP.
Getting Zherdev was a great move, I hope we can re-sign him next season, and I like the acquisition of Redden, but I think that a 6-year contract with a no trade clause was unacessary, and the same goes to Roszival's contract, 5mil a year is too much in my opinion.
It will be a very interesting season for us!!

LET'S GO RANGERS!!:peace:

Ewing

Benchwarmer
Apparently we have cleared some cap space and that will allow us to re-sign Shanny, which would be great, because we need leadership and experience in the team.
Bring him back Sather!

Paul1355

All Star
Apparently we have cleared some cap space and that will allow us to re-sign Shanny, which would be great, because we need leadership and experience in the team.
Bring him back Sather!

since u like shannah alot i was wondering what position he played righr or left wing and his stats last year??

Paul1355

All Star
Who do all think will have the best break out year for the Rangers?

What player do you all think will have the best breakout year?