Lee & N8 Latest

If you could only choose one player to remain a Knick past 2010, who'd it be?

• N8

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Harrington

• Douglas

• Hill

• Duhon

• Darko

• Total voters

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
085_david_lee.jpg

The agent for David Lee would not rule out the possibility of his client being an unsigned contract holdout when Knicks training camp opens Sept. 28.
KNICKS BLOG
BERMAN ON TWITTER
In the NBA, it is almost unheard-of for players of Lee's stature to be camp holdouts.
"I certainly hope not, but you have to have an agreement," agent Mark Bartelstein told The Post yesterday. "I never thought we'd be this far without a deal. It comes down to making a deal. You have to ask [team president] Donnie [Walsh]."
"All we've agreed is if we can't do a sign-and-trade, we will work out a reasonable one-year deal," Bartelstein said.

Walsh did not return phone calls. Bartelstein said Lee will not accept the $2.5 million qualifying offer and dismissed rumblings Lee has been offered a one-year deal between $5 million and $6 million.
Bartelstein said there has yet been a firm offer but added Walsh is not pushing for Lee to sign the one-year qualifier. It would be a great embarrassment for the Knicks if they open camp with Lee unsigned.
"We haven't discussed those [one-year] numbers," Bartelstein said. "Is this disappointing? Every player would love to get a long-term deal, but they've made it clear they have plan in place for next season's [free agency]. They're entitled to have that plan."
Lee still is working out at the Knicks' facility, but if a deal isn't signed by Sept. 28, there is no way he will attend training camp in Saratoga. Bartelstein wouldn't let Lee compete for the U.S. Olympic team during its mini-camp in late July without a contract.

Meanwhile, unsigned Nate Robinson met with Walsh for less than an hour at their Westchester campus and discussed his status with the club. Robinson may have to accept the Knicks' one-year, $2.9 million qualifying offer.

Who is more stubborn Lee's side or Donnie's? Will Lee get desperate? Will someone swoop in and offer him something more appealing? ****ing beats me?!!

Either way, Donnie's off season roast is still rotating....

$2.9m for Nate is a bit rough considering Duhon's annual packet....

Mind you, it could well be an indication that room is being made for Sessions and that N8's future past 2010 is not on the minds of the powers that be...

paris401

Starter
lee and his agent fuk'd-up... artest signs for 5.5m (or so) with the lakers.. and ron-ron is a hell of a better player then lee... and the 'leeteam' wants 12m (or whatever)... david..take your 5ft fumper (not a typo, he does not have a 'jumper), and your 'NO-D', and go flip burger's at the burgerking around the corner from the garden... with fat-fuk curry coming bak, they will need the extra help...

New New York

Quiet Storm
I wanna know what Berman meant by "a player of Lee's stature"! Does he mean that Lee is too good to be going through this, or Lee is not good enough to warrent a hold out? I would have to beleive the latter!

Look Lee's agent is just not being realistic about Lee's value. Like Donnie has said "a player may look great at one price, but give him 10 more million and he may not look so good". How tolerant of David's half assed D would we be if he was eating up valuable cap room! How tolerant of Nate's child like behavior on the court would we be if he was making millions more?

Dollar for Dollar Nate and Lee were two of the best in the NBA last year, we got great numbers for cheap, but no GM is paying David Lee 12 million per. That would mean he is making as much as Chauncy Billups and just 1 million less than Boozer, 4 million more than Odom, and 7 million more than Artest! Even at 10 million per it would be a rip off

I would love to know what these offers Lee's agent said David wouldve gotten if teams were not afraid The Knicks would match. I bet they were probably identical to what Donnie offered David the first day of Free Agency (7 million per starting out with slight annual increases) which is why teams knew Donnie would match!

First rumors that he blocked a Knicks trade to Memphis, now threats of a hold out, David Lee's agent is not representing him too well the past two seasons in terms of money and image!

LJ4ptplay

Starter
This entire off-season has been frustrating. I was hoping the Knicks would improve at least a little, but as it stands now the team is less talented than it was last year.

Donnie is definitely determined to not add one penny to the avialable cap space he's set for next year. If he can't trade Jeffries before training camp, he won't sign anybody to more than a 1 year deal.

The problems I have is that trading Jeffries with Mobley's contract seems like an easy deal to accomplish. And the longer we hold on to Mobley's contract the less valuable it becomes. We need to move it soon or else it's a wasted asset.

Plus, why is Donnie so opposed to sign-and-trade deals for Lee? Apparently Lee has several but Donnie has shot down every one. Portland is still interested in Lee and with their glut at PG, it seems like a perfect match. Lee for Blake + Outlaw (both expiring) could work. I would prefer Blake + Fernandez but anything is better than nothing at this point.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I think our team's better this year!

A real center

Healthy Gallo

Lee N8 & Chandler have another year under their belt.

First full season for Harrington

2 promising rookies

Curry's on the mend

Duhon has a backup

No cancer girls---- Marbury, Q

Less retards----- James, Rose, Roberson

So I gotta say better...... or at least 100% more likely to improve than last years 32 win debacle.

If the Lee & N8 situation gets handled as best as possible, I think 35-40 wins is doable.

I think our team's better this year!

A real center

Healthy Gallo

Lee N8 & Chandler have another year under their belt.

First full season for Harrington

2 promising rookies

Curry's on the mend

Duhon has a backup

No cancer girls---- Marbury, Q

Less retards----- James, Rose, Roberson

So I gotta say better...... or at least 100% more likely to improve than last years 32 win debacle.

If the Lee & N8 situation gets handled as best as possible, I think 35-40 wins is doable.

I have to agree with you i think getting rid of Q will give more minutes where he will be able to prove himself and if darko can flourish enough to avg 9pts 7reb and 1.5blks we will indeed make it to the playoffs maybe a 42- 40 record

^ I said as the team stands now. We don't have Lee and Nate yet.

I would rather have chandler at the 4 than Lee, and I would rather have toney douglas and Duhon at pg than NAte

NAte is selfish he does not make his team mates better, he comes in shoots 80 percent of the time the balls in his hands. we have scorers we dont need nate, and he is a liability on defense, I would rather have darko at the 5 and curry at the 4 than Lee. Curry atleast can clog the middle and darko will do the shot blocking, Lee just lets his guy run past him

F the both of them.

Get em out of here. if they cared about the team they would of signed for a yr already.

bye lee

bye nate

time to fully move on from zeke.

I would rather have chandler at the 4 than Lee, and I would rather have toney douglas and Duhon at pg than NAte

NAte is selfish he does not make his team mates better, he comes in shoots 80 percent of the time the balls in his hands. we have scorers we dont need nate, and he is a liability on defense, I would rather have darko at the 5 and curry at the 4 than Lee. Curry atleast can clog the middle and darko will do the shot blocking, Lee just lets his guy run past him

F the both of them.

Get em out of here. if they cared about the team they would of signed for a yr already.

bye lee

bye nate

time to fully move on from zeke.

Plus now I see that Lee might sit out during camp , what is this the NFL what a pre madonna, Guy posts Troy Murphy Digits for a shitty team where he was the only rebounder on the squad, and could barely guard his own shadow. This is un real man.
GEt the guy out of here, make room for a real player who wants to come here and is worth his asking price, im fed up with LEE.

bfab99

Benchwarmer
I'm not much worried about Lee or Nate. Truth is, we've got Jordan Hill to take Lee's spot. He may not be as experienced as Lee now, but he will give us 16 pts, 9 rebs/game (if playing time is given). We also have a healthier Eddy Curry and Darko Milicic. Toney Douglas, as we saw in Summer League, buys the system of BALL MOVEMENT (something Nate finds hard to do at times). I think we ARE BETTER this season compared to last's. The fact alone that D Lee did not guard the paint majority of the time, AL Harrington was our 2nd biggest player, and Duhon had no REAL backup point guard have all gotten corrected already. I'm looking forward to what we'll do this year. Go Knicks!

I'm not much worried about Lee or Nate. Truth is, we've got Jordan Hill to take Lee's spot. He may not be as experienced as Lee now, but he will give us 16 pts, 9 rebs/game (if playing time is given). We also have a healthier Eddy Curry and Darko Milicic. Toney Douglas, as we saw in Summer League, buys the system of BALL MOVEMENT (something Nate finds hard to do at times). I think we ARE BETTER this season compared to last's. The fact alone that D Lee did not guard the paint majority of the time, AL Harrington was our 2nd biggest player, and Duhon had no REAL backup point guard have all gotten corrected already. I'm looking forward to what we'll do this year. Go Knicks!

agreed

Duhon got ran into the ground last year, we all knock him big time, but Not even nash was used like that in Mike D's system which is extremely demanding on a pg. SO I dont mind at 26 how he played in his first year locking in league leader type minutes.

Im not sure about Hill clocking 16 and 9 Maybe 10 and 5 is more like it for his first year.

Im assuming Harrington and gallo and chandler will clock allot of minutes at the 4 and 3 interchanging pending on matchups, but this all of Lee isnt here.

I truly like hill harrington gallo and chandler at the 4 spot better than I like Lee.

JayJ44

Starter
Marc Berman is full of shit as always. Just spinning quotes to stir up trouble:
Mark Bartelstein was furious.
"I honestly thing this is why athletes and agents are at a point where you don't trust the media," he said.
Bartelstein, who is David Lee's agent, was referring to having his quotes misrepresented in a story by the New York Post today (we referenced Starberman's report in the previous blog).
Bartelstein says he never said anything about a hold-out involving Lee, who remains an unsigned restricted free agent. In fact, he was merely answering a question about David not coming to camp if he wasn't signed.
"I certainly hope not, but you have to have an agreement," was Bartelstein's reply.
What he told me in a conversation this morning was that he and Donnie had a mutual understanding and since a multi-year deal isn't likely and there aren't yet any sign-and-trade scenarios that interest the Knicks, a one-year deal above the qualifying offer is the most likely resolution.
"We're not opposed to it," Bartelstein said. "But he should be paid properly."
http://www.newsday.com/sports/baske...12055/agent-lee-holdout-story-bogus-1.1398502

Lee has little, if any, leverage as a restricted free agent. In fact, if he was to hold out of camp, his qualifying offer of $2.7M would expire on Oct. 1. The catch is he would remain restricted, but at this point the Knicks are no longer committed to the QO so they could offer him less. No one else in the league has cap space aside from the OKC Thunder (and they ain't spending) and though the Knicks have, are and will consider sign-and-trade offers, they are not obligated to execute one if it doesn't benefit them in any way.
http://www.newsday.com/sports/baske...g-out-is-not-a-legit-option-for-lee-1.1398295

The fact of the matter is, Lee and Nate don't have any other choice but to accept a one-year offer, or the qualifying offer from the Knicks. Whether you like it or not, Lee and Nate will be back next year. I say, we try to trade them at the deadline along with Jeffries and Curry, if possible.

CoolClyde

Give Me A Break, Bartlestone!

"...he (agent Barleycorn) and Donnie had a mutual understanding and since a multi-year deal isn't likely and there aren't yet any sign-and-trade scenarios that interest the Knicks, a one-year deal above the qualifying offer is the most likely resolution.
"We're not opposed to it," Bartelstein said. "But he should be paid properly."

This is why David Lee remains in limbo, agent Barleycorn is holding up the works!! Why aren't the Knick writers and bloggers having conversations with this pr*ck, instead of blaming Walsh and DLEE? What is David Lee worth, agent Barleycorn, and why do you think he's worth that much? what about DLEE-FENSE? what are the sign and trades, what have other teams offered?

keep on waiting Donnie, do what you do best!

walshatwork.gif

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I can't believe Gallo has 11 votes in the poll after such a let down rookie season.....

How are we making our decisions here?