Nets could get Amare

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Wow, I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

Look at the Nets. On paper, you can make the argument that their roster is better than ours. How are they so ****in terrible? We'd be raping ass with Devin Harris at point.

Harris
Lee
CDR
Yi
Lopez

Harris and Lopez are a terrific PG/C combo. Their record does not prove otherwise

johnstarky

Rotation player
Wow, I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

Look at the Nets. On paper, you can make the argument that their roster is better than ours. How are they so ****in terrible? We'd be raping ass with Devin Harris at point.

Harris
Lee
CDR
Yi
Lopez

Harris and Lopez are a terrific PG/C combo. Their record does not prove otherwise

Losing Jason Kidd and Vince Carter hurt them tremendously.I think Lawrence Frank was the reason why the Nets were still terrible when they had those two superstars.After Byron Scott was fired the Nets winning chemistry started dwindling year after year.

I agree with you that the Nets have a talented roster but I don't think Kiki Vandeweghe knows what he's doing.I seriously think that his players know more about coaching an NBA team than he does.You give the Nets a coach like Jeff Van Gundy or Avery Johnson and they'd probably be competing for a playoff spot right now.

Would Amare Stoudamire make much of a difference for them without Steve Nash passing the ball to him while playing for an unexperienced coach? I seriously doubt that he would but since the Nets are in a good position to get a top draft pick and are nowhere near the playoff picture an Amare Stoudamire trade would seem pretty meaningless to them this season.

Last edited:

johnstarky

Rotation player
I would think Lopez would be a must for the Suns

Lopez would excel if he had Steve Nash as his point guard.As good as Harris is he isn't a good point guard for Brook.If I were Steve Kerr I'd probably ask the Nets for Lopez but you know the Nets aren't going to give him up to make Amare Stoudemire their franchise player.Especially because Lopez is 6 years younger than he is and Amare has about 5 good years left in him.The only way the Nets get Amare, while still retaining Lopez and Harris, is by trading their 2010 first round pick to the Suns.And that move, in my opinion, would be another set back to the Net franchise.

Osiris80

Benchwarmer
I can't really see what they'de trade for Amar'e. Obviously the Suns will lose him, but would they take much less than Lopez?

The Nets have only 2 or 3 contracts over $6m as far as I know and a lot of crap cheap players @ $2-3m

So I think that the Nets starting 5 are better than the Knicks,

But the rest of their team is pure, unadulterated crap.

And yes, we would be raping ass as you say with Harris at the point.

Also, there are once again 1000 rumors about Amare being on the block AGAIN: Lee > Stoudemire. I don't want Amare in NY at the cost of David Lee.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
I hope amare doesn't come to NY. He's not as dominant as he once was. Re-sign Lee. He'll be cheaper and as (or more) productive as amare.