Playoff Knicks vs Overrated 76ers 4/6 7pm

It's still early dude... But yeah. Boston has Chicago tomorrow though... And we have to play Boston...

What happens if the last game of the season was a decider. We beat Boston and play them or lose and play Miami.... What do you root for?
Tough one.. Always hard to root against us tho.. I'd say try to beat Boston

smokes

Huge Member
Were probably the only fan base to care for guys who we traded to get someone better lol. Hell I've seen fans hate some guys thats on their teams because they weren't shipped out(JJ hickson,Bynum,Shawn Kemp,etc.)

Well Chandler and Gallo were almost the only 2 bright spots for 2 years as a Knick. We all kinda knew we would lose David Lee. And Douglas didn't really start to shine until pretty late in the 2009-10 season.

I've always liked Chandler had to defend him in about 20 different threads and constantly said he was better than Gallo... He really is beasting in Denver.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
That word you use ... "optimize", is on the players, not any special batch of plays you speak of. It's up to them.. to keep the proper flow to the offense by making the right decision and moving the ball. That, combined w the spacing is essentially our offense and it can be quite potent when run correctly.

Granted you do have slight variations where you look to get Melo the ball from 15, Amare the ball in the high-post, or when you look to run the high pick and roll w Billups/ TD, but the spacing is similar and the principles remain the same -- read quickly/ correctly take what the D gives, pass off of help if drawn, move it to the open man. Our offense is simple, but not easy to run due to the discipline and quick decision making involved. Guys need to be comfortable taking shots quickly too and that takes some getting used too it. TD's just recently come around completely to our principles as a scorer in this offense, which shows how long it takes to really get a feel for how to operate within the framework.

Melo is so good and so smart offensively that he seems to have a pretty good feel for it already. He looks really comfortable within our spacing from three. He likes that quick three too. He's thriving in this offense.

It is on the players, absolutely, didn't say it wasn't. But considering that we had a clock violation and 3 forced/contested jumpers on 4 consecutive plays, I think it's up to D'Ant to create and enforce plays in critical circumstances.

How often do you see, or did you see, him barking orders along the sideline to the ball carrier as we bring the ball up and see a play called by our PG for a designed play?

I'm just expounding on what I think is an underachieving offence. There is one factor that makes it most conspicuous by absence: STAT didn't touch the ball in the last 3 minutes.

Twice he set picks and rolled open. On both occasions we clanked contested shots. I think that with a post play on the block for Melo, STAT could live off the second pass, if it's even necessary considering Melo's prowess there.

There's no excuse for STAT being excluded from the offence when the game's on the line because of offensive miscommunication devoid of set plays.

I don't think I'm missing the point here.

la2ny

Starter
Why we are winning...
03.jpg

smokes

Huge Member
Corey Brewer is so active right now I'm not sure it was a good idea to release him, we are going to need all the bench support we can get come playoff time even though we do have a pretty deep backcourt.

Another good question... What if the seeding are already set heading into the last game. Knicks vs Celtics = 1st round. Do we play our entire bench & 3rd string players all game & show nothing?

smokes

Huge Member
Another good question... What if the seeding are already set heading into the last game. Knicks vs Celtics = 1st round. Do we play our entire bench & 3rd string players all game & show nothing?

Depends if we are playing the Celtics or not. If we are we should take it easy, I'm pretty sure they will too.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Corey Brewer is so active right now I'm not sure it was a good idea to release him, we are going to need all the bench support we can get come playoff time even though we do have a pretty deep backcourt.

I'm pretty excited about D Brown. That block on Holliday tonight was a blur. He's an athlete! And is certainly better built than Brewer.

Don't think he has much of a J. ?

smokes

Huge Member
Crazy⑧s;173069 said:
I'm pretty excited about D Brown. That block on Holliday tonight was a blur. He's an athlete! And is certainly better built than Brewer.

Don't think he has much of a J. ?

You mean Brewer? Just saw him swish a nice baseline J but everyone can hit a baseline jumper!

I kinda doubt Brown will get any kind of burn in the playoffs though. Brewer could have helped us in the playoffs. It's not like the Mavs have a weak backcourt either and Brewer is getting more PT than our 3rd string guys do here.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
You mean Brewer? Just saw him swish a nice baseline J but everyone can hit a baseline jumper!

I kinda doubt Brown will get any kind of burn in the playoffs though. Brewer could have helped us in the playoffs. It's not like the Mavs have a weak backcourt either and Brewer is getting more PT than our 3rd string guys do here.

No, I mean Brown doesn't have much O.

I don't think he'll get any burn either. He has D.

Not sure how long J.O'Neal has been back with Boston but checked the box-score last night & seen he put up 9 & 3. If Boston were without both Shaq & O'Neal... They'd be ripe for the pickings. Now with J.O'Neal back? No thanks. Give me MIA.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Crazy⑧s;173063 said:
It is on the players, absolutely, didn't say it wasn't. But considering that we had a clock violation and 3 forced/contested jumpers on 4 consecutive plays, I think it's up to D'Ant to create and enforce plays in critical circumstances.

How often do you see, or did you see, him barking orders along the sideline to the ball carrier as we bring the ball up and see a play called by our PG for a designed play?

I'm just expounding on what I think is an underachieving offence. There is one factor that makes it most conspicuous by absence: STAT didn't touch the ball in the last 3 minutes.

Twice he set picks and rolled open. On both occasions we clanked contested shots. I think that with a post play on the block for Melo, STAT could live off the second pass, if it's even necessary considering Melo's prowess there.

There's no excuse for STAT being excluded from the offence when the game's on the line because of offensive miscommunication devoid of set plays.

I don't think I'm missing the point here.

MDA trust the players to make the split sec plays you say you'd like to see above. It's on them. This is the most logical way to run his offense. The guy doesn't even like to call timeouts down the stretch. He's not Larry Brown. At most he'll run a play for Amare or Melo to get them the ball exactly where they like it,or a little riff out of a timeout, but that about it. MDA trusts the flow. He trusts and trains his players to trust the flow as well.

Common dude you know this..

TheNYdude

Rookie
So I went to the game in Philly tonight, not sure if any of you were there too, but the stadium had to have been 40% Knick fans... It was so bad that you would hear more booing when the sixers were at the foul lines than cheers. At one point, half the stadium was chanting 'Melo'... needless to say the Philly fans were not happy.

HOWEVER, I did have to hear all of them obnoxious chanting De-Ja-Vu at one point... Thank God we won because I wouldn't have been able to handle another miserable 4th qtr implosion... especially against Philly.