ESPN Player Rankings

Peter

Benchwarmer
Marcus Camby
New York Knicks | C | Age: 38
2011: #74 | @MarcusCamby23

2011-12 StatsGMPPGRPGAPGFG%594.99.01.8.446

Aaron Burgin@UTAaronBurgin
@NBAonESPN Marcus Camby at #127, also the number of seasons it feels like dude has been in the league.

J.R. Smith
New York Knicks | SG | Age: 27
2011: #110 | @TheRealJRSmith

2011-12 Stats GMPPGRPGAPGFG%3512.53.92.4.407

devin kharpertian@uuords
JR Smith just nailed a celebratory 132-footer.

Iman Shumpert
New York Knicks | G | Age: 22
2011 rank: #440 | @I_Am_Iman

2011-12 StatsGMPPGRPGAPGFG%599.53.22.8.401

KNICK NOLTE@JWesto
Could be a little higher honestly RT @NewYorkDanm Iman Shumpert went from being ranked #440 in last year rankings, to #138 in 2012

Ronnie Brewer
New York Knicks | SG | Age: 27
2011: #154

Hakeem-Olajuwon-Slam-Dunk-Wallpaper_normal.jpg
Isaac Zhang@CLandryExpress
@NBAonESPN Ronnie Brewer is way too high on this list. Great defensive player, but barely makes open jump shots and threes. #NBArank

Raymond Felton
New York Knicks | PG | Age: 28
2011 rank: #80
cya9yyzxrloxe6z70jiz_normal.jpeg
Adam Reisinger@AdamReisinger
I believe Raymond Felton is the first player from last year's top 100 to make an appearance in this year's #NBARank

Steve Novak
New York Knicks | SF | Age: 29
2011: #363

0rdo7d9h3vd5bz542lk1_normal.jpeg
Worth The Wait@ChildishReason
Steve Novak was Jeremy Lin's sidekick and partner in crime last year....got rewarded by moving up to #176 #NBARank

Baron Davis

Free agent
PG | Age: 33 | Stats
2011 rank: 106
@Baron_Davis

Baron Davis
@Baron_Davis

Hahahaha. Yeah with my knee still hurt lol. Prolly 265. Rt now. Lol. RT @NBAonESPN: #NBArank 265: Baron Davis ... m.tmi.me/wahUu

Kurt Thomas

New York Knicks
C | Age: 39 | Stats
2011 rank: #254
NBA Basketball Love@BBall_Love_NBA
One of the soon to be 40 yo of the Knicks, the oldest team in the league. He still can play back-up mins #NBArank

Landry Fields
Toronto Raptors | G | Age: 24
2011 rank: #128 | @landryfields
screenshot-1337211900545-2_normal.png
Gavin@NYFaber22
If it wasn't for Linsanity, Landry Fields would be ranked much lower on this list. #NBARank

i
Jared Jeffries

Portland Trail Blazers
PF | Age: 30 | Stats
2011 rank: 264
Carlos Diaz@cdvital03
While I cringe when Jard Jeffries attempts to do something with the ball, there's no one better at drawing a charge. #NBArank

Toney Douglas

Houston Rockets
PG | Age: 26 | Stats
2011 rank: #193
Adam Reisinger@AdamReisinger
Maybe it's time for him to stop Doing What Toney Douglas Do and try something else RT @NBAonESPN: #NBArank 321: Toney Douglas.

up_gr_40.png
Josh Harrellson
Free agent
PF | 2011 rank: 491

down_rd_40.png
Mike Bibby
Free agent
PG | 2011 rank: #307

479 James White
New York Knicks
SG | 2011 rank: NR

437Pablo Prigioni
New York Knicks
PG | 2011 rank: NR

Last edited:

knicksman20

Benchwarmer
Love is the epitome of empty stats.

Totally agree with you! He's a helluva fantasy basketball pick because he's a stat stuffer. His defense is sub par & he doesn't make anyone better on his team. The jury is still out on him whether he's an elite player.

Ghostowl

Benchwarmer
Melo should be around 10-15 after his performance in the Olympics. He was 15-20 before that.

1. James
2. Durant
3. Paul
4. Howard
5. Rose
6. Wade
7. Bryant
8. Bynum
9. Love
10. Anthony
11. Dirk
12. Ginobili
13. Williams
14. Rondo
15. Griffin
16. Parker
17. Pau Gasol
18. Westbrook
19. Chandler
20. Marc Gasol
21. Smith
22. Nash
23. Cousins
24. Irving
25. Deng
25. Bosh
26. Harden
27. Joe Johnson
28. Eric Gordon
29. John Wall
30. Danny Granger

Wade not top5? Rondo at 14? Dirk is over Bynum/Love definitely.

Melo, offensively, maybeeeeee at 10. Melo, defensively + offensively, I would say 18 or so.

CA7

Scoring Champ

Melo, offensively, maybeeeeee at 10. Melo, defensively + offensively, I would say 18 or so.

in that case Durant isn't #2 period, cant knock Melo for his D and not Durant for his

sick of the bull****

metrocard

Legend

Wade's jumpshot fell off, where have you been?

Rondo is the Celtic's best player, I hate the guy, but defensively he's the best PG in the NBA, and he leads the league in assist every year. Recently developed a mid range shot and he's a triple double threat. Don't be foolish.

Dirk isn't the same player he was in his championship season. If he comes back to that form, then maybe. Dirk is a great shooter/scorer, one of the best in the history of the league, but he lacks in every other department. Bynum and Love are more well rounded and currently are better players.

Melo is 10-15 for me.

metrocard

Legend
He`s the best offensive player in the league imo. Durant is debatable but I can`t put him in front of Melo until he develops a post game and plays more physical

Durant is far better at driving to the basket and doesn't even need a post game to be better than Melo, especially since Melo under uses his post game.

Durant is just a much more efficient scorer than Melo, his size and agility makes him unguardable.

Ghostowl

Benchwarmer
Wade's jumpshot fell off, where have you been?

Rondo is the Celtic's best player, I hate the guy, but defensively he's the best PG in the NBA, and he leads the league in assist every year. Recently developed a mid range shot and he's a triple double threat. Don't be foolish.

Dirk isn't the same player he was in his championship season. If he comes back to that form, then maybe. Dirk is a great shooter/scorer, one of the best in the history of the league, but he lacks in every other department. Bynum and Love are more well rounded and currently are better players.

Melo is 10-15 for me.

I was saying Rondo needed to be higher than 14. I agree he's one of the best PGs right now. Thats why I was surprised when someone listed him as 14.

Wade didn't do so hot this season but he was one carrying the Heat last year. I think it's only a matter of time before we see Wade destroy teams again. Besides, he doesn't need jumpshots when he's one of the few players that can tear through elite defenders and get to the rim easily.

Dirk, you might be right on that. Still expecting a lot outta him though.

Ghostowl

Benchwarmer
Name me 9 better offensive players than Melo in the league

Melo is one of the best scorers in the league. There's no debate there. But that doesn't mean he's one of the best offensive players. Being one of the best offensive players means you can create plays for your teammates and penetrate defenders. It also means you don't stop ball movement for your team and take lots of shots for yourself. If you take a billion shots in a game, of course you're going to have a lotta points.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Melo is one of the best scorers in the league. There's no debate there. But that doesn't mean he's one of the best offensive players. Being one of the best offensive players means you can create plays for your teammates and penetrate defenders. It also means you don't stop ball movement for your team and take lots of shots for yourself. If you take a billion shots in a game, of course you're going to have a lotta points.

Carmelo can create for others like everyone has said, you gotta cut he WILL find you, he actually loves to hit guys for cutting dunks.

Remember when he first got to New York he played well, Billups ran the show and he was just scoring and rebounding. Our problem was defense which is why we added Chandler

Imagine not picking up Billups' option, sign Chandler then re-sign Billups to a mid-level deal using his bird rights

We'd have

Billups-Fields-Anthony-Stoudemire-Chandler starting out last year with Shumpert, Smith, Novak, Jeffries and Douglass off the bench and maybe add a young PG in the draft for Billups to groom and still add Camby, not lose Jeffries in the process of adding Felton

we wouldn't be having this discussion, we'd probably have played in the ECF last year and Carmelo would be in top 5 discussion period

regardless this is the year for a lot of guys in the league to redeem themselves, Anthony, Wade, Howard, etc....

orangeblobman

Rotation player
He`s the best offensive player in the league imo. Durant is debatable but I can`t put him in front of Melo until he develops a post game and plays more physical

We can say the same thing of Melo, that we can't put Melo in front of Durant until Melo develops ::insert here::

They're two different beasts, and I think Durant, I gotta put him above Melo right now just because Durant is Durant, man.

Melo can reach around him this season though.:gony:

CA7

Scoring Champ
Durant is a better player than Melo, easily.

He is just a more complete player than Melo.

Ok what makes him more complete and if all you say is he shoots a better percentage and gets his within the flow of the offense then your statement is wrong because Carmelo passes better, rebounds better, defends better and is more clutch

Melo probably has more god given ability.. But Durant's hunger and drive makes him the better player right now. He rarely if ever takes a night off, Melo doesnt always play up to his ability

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Ok what makes him more complete and if all you say is he shoots a better percentage and gets his within the flow of the offense then your statement is wrong because Carmelo passes better, rebounds better, defends better and is more clutch

Durant is a better team defender than Melo. He does not lose focus and plays the passing lanes well. His length (pause) helps the team D also. He has gotten better in this regard. He is not the liability he once was, which is why he can legitimately rival Lebron as the league's second best talent.

Read up:

http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/06/05/kevin-durants-defense-is-still-on-the-rise/

Next, why are you saying Melo is a better rebounder?? Durant averaged 8 rebounds per game last season, which also helps the D. Melo has never, throughout his whole career averaged 8 rebounds per game.

On the offensive side of the ball he is flat out better. He scores more per game and shoots a higher percentage. Last season he shot .496 from the field. Melo has never shot that high a percentage throughout his whole career. He also makes more treys, over a hundred in each of the last three seasons. Melo has never made a hundred 3's in a season in his whole career, granted he does play more of a mid-range style, but Durant can make mid-range and short J's all day too. Durant is far superior in transition also. He is v fast and elusive w the ball in the open court. Combine this skill w his height and you have scary talent that is still young and defining itself. Durant is just a flat out better offensive player right now.

Melo probably has more god given ability.. But Durant's hunger and drive makes him the better player right now. He rarely if ever takes a night off, Melo doesnt always play up to his ability

I don't know about the god-given piece. Durant is v fast, agile and tall. He has a unique skill set.

I agree that he doesn't take anything for granted. I think he is a better student of the game than Melo. He's also a smart dude and affable. He's a much better locker room guy than Melo and most players for that matter.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Durant is a better team defender than Melo. He does not lose focus and plays the passing lanes well. His length (pause) helps the team D also. He has gotten better in this regard. He is not the liability he once was, which is why he can legitimately rival Lebron as the league's second best talent.

Read up:

http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/06/05/kevin-durants-defense-is-still-on-the-rise/

Next, why are you saying Melo is a better rebounder?? Durant averaged 8 rebounds per game last season, which also helps the D. Melo has never, throughout his whole career averaged 8 rebounds per game.

On the offensive side of the ball he is flat out better. He scores more per game and shoots a higher percentage. Last season he shot .496 from the field. Melo has never shot that high a percentage throughout his whole career. He also makes more treys, over a hundred in each of the last three seasons. Melo has never made a hundred 3's in a season in his whole career, granted he does play more of a mid-range style, but Durant can make mid-range and short J's all day too. Durant is far superior in transition also. He is v fast and elusive w the ball in the open court. Combine this skill w his height and you have scary talent that is still young and defining itself. Durant is just a flat out better offensive player right now.

Okay now I see you're just using last year to have this argument, for their careers they both average 6 a game(KD 6.6, CA 6.3) and Durant plays 2 more MPG than Carmelo. Carmelo is a better skilled rebounder than Durant, watch the game not the stat sheet. Example LeBron James is the 2nd best passer in the league, Nash being 1st but LeBron isn't 2nd in assists so does that make guys who average more assists than him better passers, NO

Durant is a GREAT SHOOTER we can all agree, Carmelo just brings more to the table for me on offense, remember for the last year and half most of it Carmelo was out of his element and injured, this past season really hurt Carmelo prior to that he had a great year averaging 25.5 ppg and 7 rpg with good percentages across the board

I wish guys would be honest and say they are using this past year too much to judge Carmelo because we seen when healthy and running the offense through him he not only gets his but he got it efficiently, the team played well, he made guys better and Woodson made him a better defender.

Durant is great I just prefer Carmelo