Hornets @ Knicks 3/2 7:30

Which player would you rather have?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KingofNy

Starter
]That's obvious to me with all the decent players that got bought out we got the bottom of the barrel guys for the same price the other teams paid for Murphy, Bibby, ect.

WHO HATES HIM......
Nate Robinson..now on his 3rd team
Harrington ...being benched for New Knicks....
Larry Hughes...career done
Marbury.....China boy

come on[/quote]

That's all that you know who hate him. Maybe hate was a strong word... Maybe they dislike him because of his coaching style and limited minutes he gives to his bench. You can add Curry to that list as well now as well as AR and Brewer. I'm just saying what I think just like you are, no hard feelings.

SELDOM-SEEN

Benchwarmer
I thought Dantoni was actually a big reason why players want to come to NYC. They love to play in his system. The ones that complain the most about Dantoni, are just guys who couldn't earn minutes and usually out of shape.

On a side note, I thought it was interesting that Jefferies was the only negative in the plus minus portion of the stats. He definitely needs more time to get used to our new lineup. I really wish he'd stop turning the ball over.

Donnie Walsh gets them here and D'Antoni sits them ....He never liked Marbury from Phoenix days and any one who questions his decisions gets sent to the bench.....he cant do that with Amare, Melo, or Billups though...lol

KingofNy

Starter
Donnie Walsh gets them here and D'Antoni sits them ....He never liked Marbury from Phoenix days and any one who questions his decisions gets sent to the bench.....he cant do that with Amare, Melo, or Billups though...lol

That's the best part about it. Our big 3 has more power than the coach really does and that's why we're all of a sudden playing D for more than a few plays a game and it's also why our rotation expanded as well.

skisloper

Starter
He never liked Marbury.....

Thats a big plus in my book........Marbury was a real leader he really did alot for the Knicks....

then he cried that the pick sent on him against minny was illegal....he ran into a hard pick and hurt his shoulder....

guys be happy

STAT1

Starter
He never liked Marbury.....

Thats a big plus in my book........Marbury was a real leader he really did alot for the Knicks....

then he cried that the pick sent on him against minny was illegal....he ran into a hard pick and hurt his shoulder....

guys be happy

Running Marbury out of town was 1 of the things MDA did that I always liked. :cool:

SELDOM-SEEN

Benchwarmer
Yeah bro, I was highly disappointed that we let Brewer go without even so much as a look in this system, but a lot of things MDA does frustrates me this is nothing new. He never gave AR much of a chance either & first game out in Minny where he plays over 20 minutes he goes & puts up 19 & 10. We've also seen Darko put up some solid #'s for the T'Wolves & be a defensive presence in the paint this season, something we really could have used all year. It would be nice if our head coach could detach himself from playing personal favorites & just go with the players that have the most talent & skillset to get the job done out on the floor. Trust me I would much rather have seen Brewer get play instead of buying him out to clear way for Jeffries, but there's no sense in growing frustrated over something we know we have no control over anyway.

On a happier note, I was pleased to see Roger Mason get some minutes at the end of the game today, I think he's conducted himself like a true professional ever since he got here when he could have very easily grown frustrated & asked to be bought out instead because he wasn't getting any minutes. It's not like he was some end of the bench scrub where he was playing before either, he was a starter for a championship calibre team not too long ago. My guess is his attitude is what made DW choose to keep him around, maybe he thinks having guys like that around will be good for some of our young guys like Douglas, Walker, Rautins & Fields to emulate. I guess I can understand that kind of reasoning. I don't think we bought Brewer out because of a bad attitude though, he wasn't here long enough for MDA to even get any type of feel for him at all. I just think MDA had it resigned in his brain that the Knicks would bring his boy Jeffries back which pretty much left Brewer out in the cold with no role to play, so Donnie did his agent a solid & waived him so he could catch on with another team like the Mavs where he could have a role in a playoff run, who I've heard are planning on signing him to a multi-year extension when he clears waivers at around the $2 million dollar range per year. At least he's not signing with the Celtics or Heat. That woulda been insult to injury.

Word is that Brewer also saw that he wasn't gonna get any shine with D'Antoni and his agent said to Donnie let him go take his talents elsewhere and they granted his wish....Im not happy with that decision but I have to live with it and hope he shows why he would have been great here some place else

KingofNy

Starter
Word is that Brewer also saw that he wasn't gonna get any shine with D'Antoni and his agent said to Donnie let him go take his talents elsewhere and they granted his wish....Im not happy with that decision but I have to live with it and hope he shows why he would have been great here some place else

Yea he told his agent (Happy Walters) that he wanted out because Antoni told him his play time would be "very limited". He's too good for "very limited" playtime. Hell anyone of his caliber would want out of that situation...I know I would.

STAT1

Starter

Hopefully this wins DW a little pull with some of his agent's future clients. If it's a scratch my back I'll scratch yours type of move then I can accept that.

SELDOM-SEEN

Benchwarmer
Yea he told his agent (Happy Walters) that he wanted out because Antoni told him his play time would be "very limited". He's too good for "very limited" playtime. Hell anyone of his caliber would want out of that situation...I know I would.

Happy Walters is my dude that's Adam Sandlers best bud and the dude who put on Cypress Hill & Korn and a few other acts back in the day he had Immortal Records/Buzztone Management....so to my haters bare witness I have been where you dream about and will continue to go where you can never...lol....I have friends...who you got?

Last edited:

pat

Starter
That's obvious to me with all the decent players that got bought out we got the bottom of the barrel guys for the same price the other teams paid for Murphy, Bibby, ect.

They ended up wit team which -- still -- have a better chance of winning a title this year. That's all. If your career is almost over (Bibby) or you couldn't win anything yet, although you are reasonably talented (Murphy), you go for the more safe bet. That's an easy decision and has got nothing to do with hating a coach.

Osiris80

Benchwarmer
This one was a walk in the park.

Don't really get all the Jefferies hate on here. He was hated as a member of the 2 year clear out team, because he didn't have a suitable role.

He does now. As crap as his offense is, his height and defensive presence is sorely needed with our current line up.

We need to work on our perimeter the most

KingofNy

Starter
This one was a walk in the park.

Don't really get all the Jefferies hate on here. He was hated as a member of the 2 year clear out team, because he didn't have a suitable role.

He does now. As crap as his offense is, his height and defensive presence is sorely needed with our current line up.

We need to work on our perimeter the most

The hate with JJ lies with the fact he has a bad history with our organization back in the Isiah days and also that we gave up a multi-talented guy in Brewer that could defend and rebound just as well as him and also could score 11 a game for a one-dimensional defender.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Anyone else think that CP3 has already mentally checked out of NOLA? He just doesn't seem to have any heart and desire. Maybe its his injury but I think he just wants to get traded ASAP.

On a side note, why does everyone still think we need another backup PG? Between Billups, TD and Carter we are fine in the PG position. I think this team only needs a legit C to compete for a chip.

Sons of Thunder

Benchwarmer
Anyone else think that CP3 has already mentally checked out of NOLA? He just doesn't seem to have any heart and desire. Maybe its his injury but I think he just wants to get traded ASAP.

On a side note, why does everyone still think we need another backup PG? Between Billups, TD and Carter we are fine in the PG position. I think this team only needs a legit C to compete for a chip.

I think because until last night many people didn't consider TD a real option to backup Billups. We still have yet to see if he can consistently repeat the kind of performance he had last night against the top teams. Carter for all his qualities is not going to be a real scorer-disher for us.

Perfect scenario would be Paul coming in as our new #1, TD developing as a solid backup option and Billups on his last legs providing limited but valuable minutes as well as wisdom for the two younger players.

portega1968

El Cacique
Went to the game last night... paid $150 for the nosebleed in Section 403 Row E

The atmosphere was rocking.. you could just shiver from the positive vibes

The merchandise stores? packed, long lines... even after the game there were crowds fighting for space to get their jerseys at the tables outside.

Melo jerseys everywhere (got mine in black and orange, wish that was a uniform!!!)

I've been a rabid and stubborn Knicks fan since I was in a kid in East New York back in the late 70s, and suffered so much through the shortcomings of the 90s and the debacle of the past decade... it feels so fuuuuuucking great to have a great team again that gives me hope of finally seeing a title... GO NY GO NY GO!!!!!!

Attachments

• Pedro at MSG.jpg
    Pedro at MSG.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 6

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Cleaned the thread and sent the warnings. I'd appreciate if we'd stick on topic and leave the personal insults out.

skisloper

Starter

The reality is we would not be able to afford Brewer at the end of this season.
Since he might have gotten 15 minutes a game I think we are much better working with guys that we will be able to sign for 1 year deals...think brewer just signed 3 years 7 million with dallas.....We need to do all we can to find our key role players.....

I am not a big follower of brewer but I do know we shopped him around before the tradeline and we did not get a bite....at least one that was spoken about....

KingofNy

Starter
The reality is we would not be able to afford Brewer at the end of this season.
Since he might have gotten 15 minutes a game I think we are much better working with guys that we will be able to sign for 1 year deals...think brewer just signed 3 years 7 million with dallas.....We need to do all we can to find our key role players.....

I am not a big follower of brewer but I do know we shopped him around before the tradeline and we did not get a bite....at least one that was spoken about....

Brewer would of been a restricted free agent this offseason. We wouldn't have to pay him until 2012. Not giving this guy a chance to prove himself was a tremendous mistake. Trading AR for him was a mistake as well. Both players are good but didn't kiss Antoni's @SS so they never saw the court. We lost out on 2 quality players thanks to Antoni. 2 years down the road everyone will look back and realize how big of a mistake it was to just let Brewer walk.