I Want Us To Sign Chris Bosh Because

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
he'd look badass in our teams uniform.I would have been against it if we still had Jordan Hill since it'd be two players with similar looks, but we don't, so now I want Bosh.Imagine him roaring in the Garden after dunking on somebody with an orange mouthpiece.

Just sayin'.

Kiyaman

Legend
Only if he doesn't ask for a max contract should we consider him to be a part of this team.

Sorry, but there's only 4 MAX FA players in the market this offseason (Lebron, D.Wade, Bosh, and Dirk), which performance earned above $15M to $20M per season.
FA: Amare, Joe Johnson, Boozer, and Gay, are only worth $12M to $14M per season, depending mostly on the high rate tax of the State their team is in.

paris401

Starter
i'd go with only 1 max player...'bron... but with so many teams having $$$ to spend, u can probably add wade,bosh to the mix (dirk has said he is staying in dallas), johnson,amare not in my eyes...

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Bosh most sense after LeBron

I agree. Aside from LBJ, Bosh makes the most sense. I would have preferred to keep and develop Jordan Hill. In three years he might develop into a cheaper version of Bosh, but getting rid of Jeffires bad contract was too tempting.

Unfortunately, signing Bosh probably means that David Lee will be gone, although keeping Lee, Bosh, Gallo, and Chandler makes sense if the Knicks can acquire a good defensive center (Camby, Dalembert, or Okafor).

One possibility would be to use Lee in a sign-and-trade to acquire Greg Oden. This would be a massive gamble that Oden can finally stay healthy, but a front-court of Oden, Bosh, Gallo, and Chandler - with only one max contract - is pretty tempting. If Curry somehow plays better than a bum for the next 19 games (as bone headed as he has been - we never have before seen him at an actual playing weight), the Oden gamble is even more viable.

This might make it viable to wait for Chris Paul the following year. If McGrady is really willing to sign for a mid-range contract, you could end up with a legit contender in 2011-2012:

Oden, Bosh, Gallo, Chandler, some other frontcourt role players
McGrady, CP3, Toney Douglas, Bill Walker, SRodriguez

Not bad at all.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
One possibility would be to use Lee in a sign-and-trade to acquire Greg Oden. This would be a massive gamble that Oden can finally stay healthy,

At least Lee is durable. Oden missed his rookie season and now suffered another season-ending injury in his second full season.

I think there is a better chance of Lee improving on his defense than Oden staying health for the full season.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Sorry, but there's only 4 MAX FA players in the market this offseason (Lebron, D.Wade, Bosh, and Dirk), which performance earned above $15M to $20M per season.
FA: Amare, Joe Johnson, Boozer, and Gay, are only worth $12M to $14M per season, depending mostly on the high rate tax of the State their team is in.

I don't see bosh or dirk as max free agents. Only desperate GMs would give those two max contracts.

Kiyaman

Legend
I don't see bosh or dirk as max free agents. Only desperate GMs would give those two max contracts.

That is why I included the price range....lets be for-real about the MAX FA in the 2010 offseason.

Dirk might finish his NBA career hanging out with the Mavs biggest Fan "Owner Cuban".

Bosh would lose alot of money coming to the New York Knicks, who offer the highest Tax-Bracket and the highest cost of living in this country.
Plus Bosh decision to move to a team in the same division as the Raptors would be a big-slap in the face to the Toronto Raptors Organization and to all the Raptors Fans. If the Raptors traded Bosh to the Knicks it would be a different story and outcome from their fans when the Knicks went to Toronto.

D.Wade is the Miami Heat Franchise Player to hold things down from the big competition of the Orlando Magic Superman-Howard from grabbing all the Fans in Florida.

Lebron is the King of Ohio State for the next ???? years to come.
Knick-Fans may not like it, but
That's being for-real!!!

So our $32M+ spending money will have to be used on a couple of decent "Team-Players" in the FA market this offseason.
I did not care or understand the reason for the Damntoni Phoenix Suns giving up their first round picks each season....but as a Die-Hard Knick-Fan I am not liking the future of not having a 2009, 2010, and 2012 first round draft pick b/c Damntoni is clueless of developing young players for the NBA.
Damntoni is clueless to so many things as a NBA headcoach....
He have to be awarded as the worst headcoach the Knicks had in their history in the NBA.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Bosh said he wants to be built around.That's why I can see him either staying in Toronto, who is a Playoff team, or the Knicks, who might build around him if he's the biggest star they get.

dre48ny

Rotation player
Bosh said he wants to be built around.That's why I can see him either staying in Toronto, who is a Playoff team, or the Knicks, who might build around him if he's the biggest star they get.

So if we don't get LeBron or Wade let's build around Bosh. But I say wait til 2011 to add more elie pieces. Curry's contract expires and we have the additional capsace not used up.

dan1608

Benchwarmer
We probably won't get D Wade, he's already stated that he's probably going to stay in Miami and they have enough money for 2 max free agent contracts. If he's not going to stay in Miami, then the Bulls are most likely going to get him, they have more than enough cap space, plus he'd be playing in his hometown of Chicago with Derrick Rose.

Lately, it seems the chances of getting LeBron are becoming slimmer and slimmer. Right now, the Cavs have a good shot at the title, but things could change, as we saw last year.

Chris Bosh could leave Toronto, but our biggest competition for getting Bosh would be Miami, they have no PF for 2010 and have nearly as much cap space as we do. Miami already has a solid playoff base, with Bosh and a few other pieces, they could win a Championship. So, its tough competition.

The most likely thing is we will get Johnson. Hopefully we can get Bosh.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
he'd look badass in our teams uniform.I would have been against it if we still had Jordan Hill since it'd be two players with similar looks, but we don't, so now I want Bosh.Imagine him roaring in the Garden after dunking on somebody with an orange mouthpiece.

Just sayin'.

Racist a55 cracker thinks all niqqers with dreads look the same. Were you taking notes from the Jordan Hill=taller Balkman thread?