We are WEAK at the SG position

finestrg

Rotation player
this is why i think finestrg is the MVP people. not only is he reasonable and not an emotional basketcase like some others, he's done research on our SL roster bench warmers.

Finestrg: you're a keeper.

As for our 2 guard depth J.R. has been a fairly healthy guy and Kidd is about to put in minutes there. Shump should be back in January. So i'm not all that concerned about the 2 spot...

Hey thanks for that compliment my dude! Right back atcha!!

I hear ya on JR probably being the main guy at SG and Kidd possibly getting some time there as well -- although I don't care for either move to be honest..I'd prefer to keep Kidd at a position where he's excelled at and been comfortable with for years -- definitely don't wanna see Woody burn him out by overextending him during the season which may occur if they plan on using him as the primary backup point AND at the 2 as well; and I'd prefer to see Smith, with his offense, coming off the the bench to lead the 2nd unit attack.

Edit on Deon Thompson -- looks like Memphis has only played 2 games so far this SL for some reason (unless I just misread the schedule). No apparent injury... If he doesn't make that Grizz ballclub, I'm interested. He's no Amar'e Stoudemire but he's big (over 6'8" tall, 250 lbs. with an incredible standing reach somewhere close to 9') and he's skilled offensively. Very good pick and pop guy (another guy Felton would work really well with) -- he can score it in the post and shows a good J out to about 15' from what I remember from his days at Carolina). If nothing else, we could really bolster our depth with Landesberg and Deon Thompson. 2 nice young additions in the right spots.

Landesberg and the Knicks coming on now at 4pm (MSG, NBA channel) and I plan on taking a look at Thompson again today at 6:30pm -- Memphis/Charlotte, NBA channel.

Last edited:

WeReady

Benchwarmer
35mdugk.jpg

He is currently seeking a MLE deal that is why the Knicks haven't called

Funny post BTW

finestrg

Rotation player
So Landesberg signed a 3-yr deal at the beginning of the month to go back to Maccabi Tel Aviv yet was just with Minnesota's SL team before joining the Knicks SL team. He told Alan Hahn at halftime something like, "I wanted to come to a SL team where I'd get an opportunity to play, to showcase myself, so people don't forget about me." He then thanked the Knicks for giving him that opportunity. Interesting...I suppose if someone wants him bad enough, he could always be bought out of that Israeli contract (or walk away from it if he had to. For a shot in the NBA, why not?). But yeah, doesn't look like he's an option for the eventual 15-man roster. The search for a 2G goes on...lol.

Last edited:

finestrg

Rotation player
How 'bout Sonny Weems? Seriously, why not? 6'6" over 200 lbs., thick/strong, very athletic, improved his jumper over in Europe and he's got prior NBA experience with Toronto. Wouldn't be terrible. Reading over on ESPN that apparently we still have some interest:

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/22476/agent-knicks-interested-in-sonny-weems

Not sure if the Knicks wanna deal with his agent, Roger Montgomery, who just happens to be one of Jeremy Lin's agents as well. Have no idea how much they blame Lin's representation for what went down but they need to put that aside -- if I read this article correctly, Montgomery's being a little cryptic here with the whole "[I'm] not jumping on a veteran's minimum deal just yet" but then goes one to basically say the opposite; that Weems is in fact available to the Knicks for the vet minimum if they want him. Weems could be that one final athletic piece we need to compete against the better athletic teams in this league when we match up against them. I wanna be able to stand toe to toe with those teams, to all teams really...That's how it should be when you go all in...And I agree with Montgomery -- I think Weems would be good either coming off the bench, which he did at times in Toronto, or in a starting role (which I'd actually prefer--let JR continue coming off the bench to lead that 2nd unit attack--I like him there). Either way, I agree he's a rotation player here, at least until Shumpert gets back (then it'll be time for us to cross our fingers on Iman). We could do worse.

I honestly don't know why the Knicks aren't being more aggressive to fill in the gaps. To me, there are two obvious holes on this roster right now, small as they may be: one more productive 2G and one more big off the bench, preferably a guy that can score a little. Unless we can come up with something better, I say grab Sonny Weems and one of these two PF currently playing for Memphis' SL team: Mitchell Watt or Deon Thompson. When I was watching the Grizz/Bobcats game before, Vince and Smitty were interviewing Memphis GM Chris Wallace and he mentioned that Zach Randolph and backup PF Darrell Arthur are expected to be 100% by training camp and that he loves Mo Speights. I don't see Thompson or Watts signing there, definitely not both. One of those two will definitely be available, prob. both. Thompson had a real nice game for Memphis today btw -- 15 & 8 with 2 blks in 24 mins off the bench. Dude's a big presence inside that can clog the lane, score it 15' and in and he was all over the offensive glass tonight as well. Thompson's not the best athlete I've ever seen but he's got some long-ass arms, a scorer's mentality and a pretty good nose for the ball.

For my money, Sonny Weems and Deon Thompson are exactly what we need right now. Knicks need to become aggressive -- target the best remaining players out there to fill these holes and for God's sake, MAKE AN OFFER!! If they say no, then so be it. They seem content to wait 'til the very end (end of what, training camp?) and go with whoever's left. That's not how you do this imo... It's too passive...Be aggressive, even if we don't have much to offer. We've got the vet mimimum AND THE STARTING SG SPOT ON THE NY KNICKS, a team that's built to win now and compete for a chip now, to offer. The Mecca -- NYC...That may be appealing to someone out there on a 1-yr deal...Offer it to someone -- Chris Douglas-Roberts, Brandon Rush, Jodie Meeks, Sonny Weems. Someone...Let me hear that we made one of these guys an offer and got rejected -- I'll feel better..Same deal with the PFs that are out there -- MAKE AN OFFER TO SOMEONE, whoever they consider the best fit. Make it happen while there are still good options available. I think we could get a couple of these guys to bite, as long as we're not sitting on our friggin' hands.

Last edited:

CoolClyde

For my money, Sonny Weems and Deon Thompson are exactly what we need right now. Knicks need to become aggressive -- target the best remaining players out there to fill these holes and for God's sake, MAKE AN OFFER!! If they say no, then so be it. They seem content to wait 'til the very end (end of what, training camp?) and go with whoever's left. That's not how you do this imo... It's too passive...Be aggressive, even if we don't have much to offer. We've got the vet mimimum AND THE STARTING SG SPOT ON THE NY KNICKS, a team that's built to win now and compete for a chip now, to offer. The Mecca -- NYC...That may be appealing to someone out there on a 1-yr deal...Offer it to someone -- Chris Douglas-Roberts, Brandon Rush, Jodie Meeks, Sonny Weems. Someone...Let me hear that we made one of these guys an offer and got rejected -- I'll feel better..Same deal with the PFs that are out there -- MAKE AN OFFER TO SOMEONE, whoever they consider the best fit. Make it happen while there are still good options available. I think we could get a couple of these guys to bite, as long as we're not sitting on our friggin' hands.

finestrong dude! i agree with p0nderiffic, excellent posting and toasting.
i agree wholeheartedly, Knicks need to f*cking make something happen with that starting 2 spot, open for the taking in the world's greatest arena!

but, NOOOOOOOOOOO, Knicks are gonna lay back and wait for the money to dry up around the league and see who's left. what f*cking losers the entire front office are, from the top on down. jeez!

I think Brandon Rush will be matched by GS no matter what, so forget him.
I like Weems, and i'm def a fan of Chris-Doug Rob and Meeks (shall inherit the earth) but I think Randolph Foye should just come in here and take over the spot.

be aggressive!! Glenwald!! do your job!! arghhhhhhhhhh!
:afro:

finestrg

Rotation player
finestrong dude! i agree with p0nderiffic, excellent posting and toasting.
i agree wholeheartedly, Knicks need to f*cking make something happen with that starting 2 spot, open for the taking in the world's greatest arena!

but, NOOOOOOOOOOO, Knicks are gonna lay back and wait for the money to dry up around the league and see who's left. what f*cking losers the entire front office are, from the top on down. jeez!

I think Brandon Rush will be matched by GS no matter what, so forget him.
I like Weems, and i'm def a fan of Chris-Doug Rob and Meeks (shall inherit the earth) but I think Randolph Foye should just come in here and take over the spot.

be aggressive!! Glenwald!! do your job!! arghhhhhhhhhh!
:afro:

****in' A, Clyde...I don't get what's going on right now. If I had to guess -- they prob. have their eyes on a couple of different guys and are waiting to see if they get any offers, feeling if they don't, they'll have a better shot to sign one of them. I just don't agree with that at all. It's too risky...Guys could go off the board just like that...Poof -- you blink your eyes and they signed a vet. min. deal with someone else...You wait on a guy you like, you risk losing him..Simple as that...Look at Jeremy Lin for Christ's sake...You can make a legit case that if we came with a strong enough initial offer, he would've been a Knick...Look at Marco Belinelli -- dude was available for awhile, now we're hearing he's in advanced talks with the Bulls. Courtney Lee just got scooped up by Boston (granted that was through a trade but still)...You get the idea -- if you got your eyes on a guy -- say Jodie Meeks -- why not step up and offer the guy a contract? What the hell have they got to lose? You get rebuffed, no problem. On to the next best option on your list, right on down the line. It's an easy phone call to make, really. These guys know exactly what we have to offer -- the vet minimum...They also all know that along with that, we could possibly offer up the starting 2G spot for a NY Knick team that's built to compete for it all. Some guys might pick that over more money to go play for another less competitve team. Seen it before -- look at JR Smith (although I remain skeptical if JR actually did receive better offers than the Knicks' offer).

What if tomorrow we hear that some team out there scooped up Sonny Weems over night? If we really do like him, I'd be pissed to hear that...It could happen man. What if talks with Belinelli break down with the Bulls and Weems was their safety choice? Who loses on that -- the Knicks!

Anyway, just looking at clips trying to refamiliarize myself with Weems -- I dunno man, is it me or does this guy have some Andre Iguodala to him? Build/body type and game-wise...That's who he most closely resembles to me -- a poor man's Iggy. That wouldn't be bad, man. I believe Weems' agent -- this would be a steal for the Knicks. The above article also mentioned the Knicks possibly having interest in Mo Evans as well. Of the two, I'm much more interested in Weems. Younger, more athletic, more upside...I think he'd be good here.

Last edited:

CoolClyde

excellent vids of Weems! the kid skies effortlessly and I def see shades of Iggy! if memory serves me correct, he had a nice game with Craptors vs knicks, where he shot the ball pretty well and was the nail in the coffin to defeat the O&B.

according to his bastard agent, his shooting game has improved overseas, so the kid's gotta be a valuable asset. the Knicks would be major mobbly deep with an athletic 2 like Weems added to the fold. i approve.

i think (no Ho)Mo Evans or RonBrewskie are high on the Knicks interest list at this point, both of these guys would improve Knicks defensively, but i'm not sure they'd be starting 2. maybe Brewer.

i'm so sick of this wait and see 'tude. look how well it worked with Lin.

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
excellent vids of Weems! the kid skies effortlessly and I def see shades of Iggy! if memory serves me correct, he had a nice game with Craptors vs knicks, where he shot the ball pretty well and was the nail in the coffin to defeat the O&B.

according to his bastard agent, his shooting game has improved overseas, so the kid's gotta be a valuable asset. the Knicks would be major mobbly deep with an athletic 2 like Weems added to the fold. i approve.

i think (no Ho)Mo Evans or RonBrewskie are high on the Knicks interest list at this point, both of these guys would improve Knicks defensively, but i'm not sure they'd be starting 2. maybe Brewer.

Foye is my no. 1 choice for this spot but I won't be upset at all if we land Brewer. He is great defensively and lengthy enough at 6'7 to guard alot of the better SG/SF's around the league. People bring up his poor outside shooting but most of the minutes at the 2 guard spot will go to JR Smith anyway. He plugs a hole for us and ensures our defensive intensity is right there from the start with Tyson. Also gives us a legitimate defensive back up to Melo if Novak plays PF.

Wargames

Starter
That video of highlights made weems mid range pull up jumper look smooth as hell. That shot is a dying art right now in the NBA.

If the Knicks want him they should have a good chance to get him, while his agent may be shopping him they're are still some more well known SG players available to be targeted by teams with cash. So in the way the Knicks might think he is the best 2 to slip between he cracks.

Also physically he resembles Iggy but I got to see more highlights before I can say his game resembles Iggy.

I really hope we sign Ronnie Brewer. I think he would take us over the top. Dude is a lockdown defender and can guard both SG's and SF's. Playing out of position and guarding small forwards last season, Brewer was even better, holding them to just an 11.5 PER. We need a player like him to guard Kobe, Wade, Lebron etc, especially with Shumpert out.

TruOrngnBlu

Benchwarmer

I gotta think this is a matter the knicks having a list of players, whom they have actually expressed intrest in and extended an offer to, that may all be in negotiations with another team of their first preference.
  • Money
  • Home town
  • Weather
  • winning
all factor in.

BUT>>

Those teams are prolly in negotiations with other players on higher on their lists.
So it's a matter of a waiting game with a player who's in a waiting game with different team who's waiting on word from......etc..on and on....

You gotta get in line. The knicks are dangling the MINIMUM. How aggressive can you be.
That fact really ties their hands and they gotta play the back. I DOUBT their just chillin doin nada.:crossfingers:

Let's say their top choice man is Foye or Delfino guys who def. deserve more than the minimum.
The ONLY thing I could see the knicks do is put together one of those over the top recruiting presentations.
Wining and dining, Celebs, appeal to their kids, Fireworks and them slide them that puny ass contract.
They may find it so funny they'll say F it. Let's do this

Last edited:

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Some serious efforts towards Randy Foye are coming.
Read with caution, could be nothing.

@incarceratedbob: @randyfoye Welcome to the Knicks buddy..

Tommy Dee ‏@TommyDeeTKB
Wait what? RT @incarceratedbob: @randyfoye Welcome to the Knicks buddy..

Tommy Dee ‏@TommyDeeTKB
If the Knicks can add foye they've upgraded major weaknesses. They'll be older but as @alanhahn said weeks back, they are going for it.

Tommy Dee ‏@TommyDeeTKB
assuming Foye, top of head start Felton and Foye with Melo Amar'e and Chander. Smith, Camby, Kidd novak...Shump in Jan #knicks

Tommy Dee ‏@TommyDeeTKB
i'm only working under assumptions but it's an educated one. CAA. Newark. Spot shooter. TKB favorite since 2003. @randyfoye

Wargames

Starter
After I heard who Weems and Evans agent is I doubt the knicks deal with either player. For all we know their agent might be mocking the knicks....

If Incarcerated Bob is saying Foye is coming idk if its true or not but he has some sources.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE

Tommy Dee ‏@TommyDeeTKB

Tommy Dee ‏@TommyDeeTKB
If the Knicks can add foye they've upgraded major weaknesses. They'll be older but as @alanhahn said weeks back, they are going for it.

Tommy Dee ‏@TommyDeeTKB
assuming Foye, top of head start Felton and Foye with Melo Amar'e and Chander. Smith, Camby, Kidd novak...Shump in Jan #knicks

Tommy Dee ‏@TommyDeeTKB
i'm only working under assumptions but it's an educated one. CAA. Newark. Spot shooter. TKB favorite since 2003. @randyfoye

Devito_birth.gif

It'll be a huge MIRACLE if we land Foye in free agency. He's set to make more money elsewhere. With that said, I'll be a happy camper if he does decide to represent the O&B. :gony:

Tommy Dee ‏@TommyDeeTKB

Tommy Dee ‏@TommyDeeTKB

Tommy Dee ‏@TommyDeeTKB

Tommy Dee ‏@TommyDeeTKB
Man I hope this is true! Randy Foye would bring defense and instant offense to this team. I sort of counted Foye out because I thought the only way we would be able to get him would be using Gadzuric's contract (which we already used in the Felton deal). Anyone know how this would work?

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Man I hope this is true! Randy Foye would bring defense and instant offense to this team. I sort of counted Foye out because I thought the only way we would be able to get him would be using Gadzuric's contract (which we already used in the Felton deal). Anyone know how this would work?

We can't do a sign and trade anymore after the Felton deal, and we can now only use the veteran's minimum to sign any player. Right now we have two spots left on the roster.

1. Melo
2. STAT
3. TC
4. Kidd
5. Shump
6. JR
7. Novak
8. Felton
9. Cambyman
10. KT
11. Copeland
12. White
13. Prigioni

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Alright I dont know whats going on but a bunch of nobodys on twitter are reporting Knicks are moments from signing Randy Foye.
Now I wouldnt even entertain their tweets but they all happened within a 5 minute span. The Tweets have now stopped with no major news outlet saying anything. But..you never know lol

Also iBob reported the Knicks will sign Foye earlier today but it appears to have no connection to this new batch of news

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
And apparently the Knicks are, I dont wanna say deciding on, but they are going after Carlos Delfino who alot of people feel would be perfect for us because of his pitbull style defense and 3 point skills.
And Foye obviously being the other.

Also the Ronnie Brewer talks have really died down.

Thats about it for SG updates lol

And apparently the Knicks are, I dont wanna say deciding on, but they are going after Carlos Delfino who alot of people feel would be perfect for us because of his pitbull style defense and 3 point skills.
And Foye obviously being the other.

Also the Ronnie Brewer talks have really died down.

Thats about it for SG updates lol
I wouldn't mind getting Delfino. He's a good defender and can hit the 3 well, and he can play minutes at both SG or SF.