Explain to me why Denver is against Knicks deal

I dont understand. Randolph>>>>Favors Gallo & Fields>>>>>>>>>>>Harris. Two first are two first if lottery protected. Which I'm sure the Nets pick is. Currys contract=Murphys contract. Is the Denver owner this upset at what was said at Melo's wedding that they'll except a worse deal than the Knicks can offer?

Trade TD for a pick and a backup PG

Send our pick in 2014 + the one we just recieved
Offer them Curry, Gallo, AR (I HATE TRADING THIS KID)

We get MELO.

Whats not to like for Denver?

I dont understand. Randolph>>>>Favors Gallo & Fields>>>>>>>>>>>Harris. Two first are two first if lottery protected. Which I'm sure the Nets pick is. Currys contract=Murphys contract. Is the Denver owner this upset at what was said at Melo's wedding that they'll except a worse deal than the Knicks can offer?

Trade TD for a pick and a backup PG

Send our pick in 2014 + the one we just recieved
Offer them Curry, Gallo, AR (I HATE TRADING THIS KID)

We get MELO.

Whats not to like for Denver?

That to much now that the Nets are out. Gallo + Curry + #1 pick. Take it or leave it...

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Honestly, at this point, I think you'll have a tough time finding a team that will be willing to deal with the Nuggets.

The Nets are out, the Bulls seem like a long shot at best and frankly I think Denver just doesn't want to give Melo what he wants

Honestly, at this point, I think you'll have a tough time finding a team that will be willing to deal with the Nuggets.

The Nets are out, the Bulls seem like a long shot at best and frankly I think Denver just doesn't want to give Melo what he wants

MELO was not signing that extension with the Nets. The Nets had to back out to save face. Now that I think about it:

Den get 2014 & 2016 picks & Eddie Curry

We get Melo...

mafra

Legend
I think it's 4 things really:

1) Wilson Chandler is only 23, but he's an RFA and is due for a payday soon. On top of that, they don't think he has the fire/motivation/competitiveness to be a great player.

2) They do not like Danillo Gallinari.

3) Their new GM is a former scout and seems to overvalue draft picks, like getting anything other than a top-3 pick is worth much most years, and even then.... STILL, despite this upcoming draft being weakest in years (even with 10 picks you might not find an NBA starter), this guy wants to rebuild via draft.

4) For all we know, the son of the owner, who is now the prez, might be operrating out of spite... Either not wanting to give in to 'Melo or maybe he just doesn't like Dolan.

I think the fact that the owner wants to dump bad contracts, and that Anthony wants NY.... This helps.

Then again, I think Walsh feels as though gutting roster for 'Melo maybe isn't in the best interest of NYK.

Would signing Marc Gasol or DeAndre Jordan plus Deshawn Stevenson, plus trading Randolph for a 1st round pick, and signing a backup PG...

Would adding a starting CENTER, a shooting guard who defends, a backup PG, 2 first round picks to the current roster.... Would this make more sense than trading 2 first round picks, Fields, Gallo and cap space for one player?

iSaYughh

Starter
It's out of spite. They don't want to give Melo everything he wants.

Bingo.

They may change their tune when the last hour arrives and they actually have to choose between spite and shooting themselves in the foot...But till then, Id expect them to continue to do all to wait and try to do a deal elsewhere.

Speaking of which, this underscores the assumption I've been saying -- Melo truly wants to be a Knick; even to the extent of taking a riskier and financially costly route, that could temporarily tarnish his rep.

That's rare these days. Superstars are basically coddled millionaire babies, ya. But it's rare to find one who also has the true conviction to go to a place he likes and thinks he can win in, versus the easier routes that entail more $ to otherwise lesser teams.

mafra

Legend
Anthony got so fed up with this nonsense he had to finally burst out and say that the GM KNOWS whether Melo would, or would not, sign extension with NJ. Sounds like DEN is pushing fwd anyway.... not in good faith... with this NJ stuff.

WHY?

NJ & DEN stinks. This is PR. It makes these teams relevant and keeps them in the press. Media coverage is good for the teams. It sells adv and it helps mktg.

What has MELO really done here? He's refused to sign extension with DEN, and that's his right. He wants to be a free agent.

EVERYONE ONE OF US looks for better jobs. Why should Melo be held to a different standard.

Heck, unlike Lebron & Bosh, he even told DEN what his true intentions are.

The media is driving this. NJ and DEN are driving this. The media left Lebron alone last year.

From what I've seen... Carmelo wants to return to the East coast where his family and roots are. He's given DEN 7 years. He's fought for them and made people money, and turned around that franchise. They did nothing but get him K-Martin?

Sounds like Carmelo really wants to win a title, and knows his options are limited b/c of what happened in MIA. Basically, ORL-CHI-NYK are his only options.

I just don't get what people want Carmelo to do here?

Starks

Starter
Bad blood between the two franchises. (Remember Isiah Thomas?) I think that all it literally is at this point. Don't forget, NYC is pretty much universally hated throughout the rest of America.

richtree

Rotation player
If you think about it logically, since there is a lot of time before the trade deadline the Nuggets aren't going to move Melo now for a couple of reasons:

1. They will win more games the longer they keep Melo
2. They will take a lesser offer only as deadline nears
3. A third team won't be as interested until the deadline nears
4. The Nuggets may want to know the potential record of the 3rd team giving there 1st round pick
5. If the Nuggets make a bad deal for the franchise it is always easier to use the excuse of having the nearing deadline -- There fans would except a trade for less, rather than get nothing, closer to the deadline

TheBigCock

Benchwarmer
I'd just offer Chandler, Randolph and 1st Rounders for Melo.
Chandler is a RFA coming off his best season. Use his maximized value to our advantage.

la2ny

Starter
I don't understand why everyone blames Melo though. He wanted to be a free agent, nothing wrong with that. People somehow get this perception about athletes that you have cant leave because your a star. Thats bull, role players leave all the time for more money and playing time every year(ex: Jordan Farmar). Then people believe well only the big market teams will get the stars, well for 1 their is a salary cap so The Lakers aren't getting Melo, 2 if their was a revenue sharing system equal to football you wouldn't always have the Milwaukee Bucks and Golden State. Athletes are in the media so fans act like they are entitled to this player because he's in your home city.

Melo can't get to be a free agent because of the media. They keep saying well they should or have to trade him when that was never the case. They kept comparing it to Toronto and Cleveland and all he said was he wants to keep his options open, didn't mean he was leaving, just sounded too much lik Lebron for people.

moneyg

Starter
I'd just offer Chandler, Randolph and 1st Rounders for Melo.
Chandler is a RFA coming off his best season. Use his maximized value to our advantage.

denver doesnt want chandler because they dont plan on matching any offer he may receive as a RFA.. they like fields and maybe gallo because his contract is decent and they will have him at least for one more year..

Denver will want us to take back a contract.. like harrington.. wow

iJoe

Rotation player
I honestly believe that Denver is just stalling because they don't want to appear weak and incompetent since they have a brand new GM. Unfortunately, thats exactly how they look right now.

The game has 2 key points.

Whats more important to Melo?
1. Resigning for more money
2. Playing where he wants to with who he wants

Denver obviously wants to put up a front that money is more important and is bluffing it out so they can get as much for Melo as possible.

However... if you gut your team to get Melo, then he'll refuse to resign with you.

So its just back and forth nonsense, until probably the trade deadline. The closer the deadline gets, the more power Melo has, because if the Nugs let him go for nothing, it would be rated as the dumbest franchise move in their history.

The Knicks get more of an advantage the longer we wait and show we're not desperate. So sit tight and enjoy the circus.

p0nder

Starter
I think that the team over values the players it has. They feel that with melo they crack top 4 seed in the west. The longer they hold onto him, the more games they win. Hell since the amping up of the trade rumors DEN has been kicking ass. In the end i think it'll be a last minute thing for them.

But i think that Melo is only concerned about winning and Denver has not put themselves in a position to be an elite team. They are good and they will go to the playoffs and even make some noise, but melo know's he's not going to beat the spurs or the lakers with this DEN. team so he wants to go somewhere to win. He feels that the Knicks have the best chance.

Since he came into the league I've wanted Melo as a knick. I felt that his career could be better then LeBron's and that with his skill set you can surround him with the right pieces and make a great, dynasty level team.

Back in 2003 if you told me we could have 2002's Rookie of the year Amar'e + 2003's #2 rookie Carmelo Anthony I would have shat my pants with excitement. Now that these two are 7/8 years Pro, matured and seasoned vets with multiple conference finals appearances between them they are even MORE exciting to have on a team together. surround them with quality players like Felton and chandler and this is a team that is destined for greatness. PLEASE bring in Melo!