KO.COM's Very Own Fantasy League

iSaYughh

Starter
Well Rubio is out 6-9 months...isn't that ****ing dandy. GOD DAMN IM SCREWED!!!

A horrific blow by Kobe and fate.

Wretched for the NBA. And such a bad beat for the Wolves -- and Love and Pekovic, potentially.

Karmic powers could be behind your franchise now, Metro -- to get revenge for the NBA tragedy of Rubio getting injured.

metrocard

Legend
This summarizes my season

1995220_o.gif

CoolClyde

Tough loss, metro! I might just have a chance against you next week!

yes Rady, i expect your Romanian rodents to overpower Metro's Rubio-less frogs. the Spaniard's torn ACL has an impact on the entire league, NBA AND fantasy. can the cocks of Coquis stay together to overpower the mice-f*ckers? will the rats retain their edge after the KB25 shellacking?

the Cool Clyde Crust Crew sees a light at the top of the standings, especially with Rono's Scorgasmic Multi-beasts on the verge of a win with Sunday's competitive advantage against the Coqs, and Crazy's full-on Knicks team being the 2nd easiest team to beat after DatPRINCE (another Crust Crew-Pork Pirate matchup in 2 weeks). watch me eat my words when Knicks go on Lin-led win streak, and that would be OK.

I predict close rematch of Crust Crew and Multiple Scorgasms next week, Scorgasms destroyed the Crew last time out, and they seeketh revenge!

will Pringles newfound bevy of beasts stand a chance against KBlack's monster squadron? the KB25 are playing out of this world! poor Pringles!

the Pirates of Pork may actually get a win if Rte 1's Jam of Traffic doesn't show up again, but those non-Knick game days are just imminent losses waiting to happen.

MusketeerX-men have autowin against DatPUNK, nu?

I ponder a significant matchup of the p0nderous Primoteamo against the Smoky bounce of Granny Danger's elite pack. will the comeback kid remember to set his lineup this week, or hang loose and rest his weary nutz?

all this and more as we head into week 19 of KO fantasy! good luck all!
gotta go watch noontime knicks!

smokes

Huge Member
6 vs 4 with a 70 point deficit.... Pulling that Kyrie trade 1 day too early might have cost me the W this week. That's gonna sting.

CoolClyde

good job pulling out the win, Smokes. looking forward to our final regular week matchup.
you stole D.J. August under my nose, I was looking to fortify lineup with my man Kyle Lowry
going down for (probably) a month with bacterial infection (wtf?).
:boohoo:
i dropped some major players who've been shitting the bed over and over, blowing up the
top half of my squad, getting rid of Jew Holiday, Kevin Smartin, and Zeke Thomas (the younger).
all three of these guys are highly rated, so good luck to those who pick them up, may they
serve you well, brothers.
:beer:

iSaYughh

Starter
yes Rady, i expect your Romanian rodents to overpower Metro's Rubio-less frogs. the Spaniard's torn ACL has an impact on the entire league, NBA AND fantasy. can the cocks of Coquis stay together to overpower the mice-f*ckers? will the rats retain their edge after the KB25 shellacking?

the Cool Clyde Crust Crew sees a light at the top of the standings, especially with Rono's Scorgasmic Multi-beasts on the verge of a win with Sunday's competitive advantage against the Coqs, and Crazy's full-on Knicks team being the 2nd easiest team to beat after DatPRINCE (another Crust Crew-Pork Pirate matchup in 2 weeks). watch me eat my words when Knicks go on Lin-led win streak, and that would be OK.

I predict close rematch of Crust Crew and Multiple Scorgasms next week, Scorgasms destroyed the Crew last time out, and they seeketh revenge!

will Pringles newfound bevy of beasts stand a chance against KBlack's monster squadron? the KB25 are playing out of this world! poor Pringles!

the Pirates of Pork may actually get a win if Rte 1's Jam of Traffic doesn't show up again, but those non-Knick game days are just imminent losses waiting to happen.

MusketeerX-men have autowin against DatPUNK, nu?

I ponder a significant matchup of the p0nderous Primoteamo against the Smoky bounce of Granny Danger's elite pack. will the comeback kid remember to set his lineup this week, or hang loose and rest his weary nutz?

:peace::peace::peace::peace::peace:

Helluva write-up, per usual; I relish reading these week update reports. :lol:

Muskateer gets the rebound matchup he needs; while Bouncy is thrown back into the lion's den against Ponder, still fresh off a harrowing defeat to the hands of my Pringles.

Crust-Scors
Coquis-Mice

and myself vs KB are the matchups I'm dying to follow.

iSaYughh

Starter
good job pulling out the win, Smokes. looking forward to our final regular week matchup.
you stole D.J. August under my nose, I was looking to fortify lineup with my man Kyle Lowry
going down for (probably) a month with bacterial infection (wtf?).
:boohoo:
i dropped some major players who've been shitting the bed over and over, blowing up the
top half of my squad, getting rid of Jew Holiday, Kevin Smartin, and Zeke Thomas (the younger).
all three of these guys are highly rated, so good luck to those who pick them up, may they
serve you well, brothers.
:beer:

Nice moves, breh.

Vicious blow losing Lowry, but getting the classy pickup of Goric should make it a much milder punch.

p0nder

Starter

My nutz are very weary but i've decided to set my line up for the week in advance so that y'all can rest easy... hopefully no injuries come about and I can coast to a win without needing to do shit.

CoolClyde

My nutz are very weary but i've decided to set my line up for the week in advance so that y'all can rest easy... hopefully no injuries come about and I can coast to a win without needing to do shit.

that's the spirit! kind of... good luck p0nder!

p0nder

Starter
Ahaha, thanks. I need the W's to try and squeek into the playoffs, kinda like the Knicks. No effort in the game, just try to get to the playoffs so it looks like i did something.... :-/

smokes

Huge Member
This league has been awesome so far. Anyone can be taken out on a given week.

If the scores stay the same as right now then 6 playoff spots will be gone by the end of this week leaving two left for p0nder, musket, pringles and porky pirates to fight over!

Clyde (*shakes fist*) and Coquis... Masters of the free agent pool and sufferers of injury woe...

KBlack I have no idea how he has such an insane score with only TWO roster moves all season! Lucky with injuries and good drafting?

Rady made a great comeback after taking over a lifeless team, and RTE had a few great weeks but ultimately came up short.

Porkster might have committed fantasy-suicide with his Knicks team but he's going down fighting!

Datprince well... He has the league record for least turnovers!

Very much looking forward to the playoffs, and next years league when I'll actually know what I'm doing and not give away a bunch of wins for free!

CoolClyde

I was very fair to KBlack and gave him LeBron Bynum and Jennings, which excel his team a ton.

you helped create a monster! KBlack is hands-down favorite to win KO fantasy league, unless the injury bug bites, or someone comes up with consistent beasting at the right time...

iSaYughh

Starter
you helped create a monster! KBlack is hands-down favorite to win KO fantasy league, unless the injury bug bites, or someone comes up with consistent beasting at the right time...

Respectfully disagree.

Kblack has been beasting in recent weeks, but I don't expect quite a few of those guys to keep performing as true beasts. Dalembert, Green, Blair, Kidd.

That trade went through fairly early in the season, too.

But his team is still 5th in total points scored, which is the most accurate assessment of a squad's overall power -- barring major changes (eg, if Kblack went from beauty to beast 3weeks ago by getting Lebron & Co.).

I think he has a top squad, and his 5th total pt total is underrated a bit since he obviously get better from the trade....but if there were odds/lines on the playoffs, I'd likely be staying away from KB's squad. :beer:

EDIT -- Lebron is so superior, though, it's tough to discount it; it's a step away from having like prime Michael Vick in Madden or a fantasy squad, and being a virtual lock for being the auto-favorite to win.

smokes

Huge Member
I'm starting to get seriously annoyed at my inconsistent team... This team is full of BEASTS yet on a night-to-night basis you can't really expect anything out of them!

Tyreke Evans - streaky
Danny Granger - streaky
Derrick Rose - always injured
Gerald Wallace - Failblazer
Jeff Teague - chucker

Even David Lee and Marc Gasol seem to take nights off pretty frequently.

James Harden is literally the only player I can guarantee 30+ points a night from. This is depressing.

smokes

Huge Member
I have to say in the last few weeks I've been getting really into this whole fantasy thing, for some reason I felt the need to make a big post looking back and looking ahead.

Going all the way back to the draft, it's pretty funny how things went down. I know a lot of us were total fantasy noobs but to think that some of the best picks/teams were built by people who were afk at the time (Coquis, CoolClyde, the team formerly known as QueenzStreetSweepers, Trillionairres) is rather tragic.

A look at some of the highlights (epic fail) picks of the draft:

Round 1

9 - Carmelo Anthony - Pringles4Life
11 - Amare Stoudemire - rady (Trillion?)

Round 2

9 - Danny Granger - yours truly (what the f was I thinking??)

I'm also reminded that I actually drafted Raymond Felton with my 5th pick, who by two weeks ago was the worst player on my team.

The league has been a whirlwind of ups and downs. Major props for CoolClyde for getting the trading started, and boy have there been some crazy trades.

Metrocard getting bored enough to give away the farm on two seperate occasions, rady and RTE1 making some serious noise with their rejected and dejected (watching too much MSG) squads... The Crazy Pirates of Pork basically handing out fantasy studs like a charity...

As far as trading goes I might be the most active and possibly candidate for GM of the year! Considering how tragic my draft was I can't believe I managed to turn my squad of useless wastrels into such a crazy beast of a team (albeit the most inconsistent piece of shits in the NBA).

It's really interesting to see how people play the game. There are a few of us who are playing really high risk and others who are just playing solid, no risk fantasy. I'm predicting the championship will go to either myself (if I make the playoffs), Coquis or CoolClyde as I think the risk strategy is going to pay off.

On to the future!

----------------------

I think next year we should promote this hard and fast....

I'm sure there are a few of us in the league who would be really interested in playing multiple leagues. The 12 team format works really well IMO so we should get try to get 2-3 12xteam leagues going. I'm sure there are PLENTY of people on these forums who would be up for it.

To anyone viewing the thread or thinking about signing up for next year I thought I'd do a little breakdown of how to play fantasy and how much time/effort it requires. You can copy paste this shiz when we go next year.

As a side-note I would say to any potentially interested people, you really do need to spend at least 10 minutes a week making sure your team is semi-competitive, otherwise it screws things over for the rest of the league.

CASUALS: 10-20 min per week

You can play this game casually easily. You don't even have to be present for the draft! All you need is about 10 minutes a week. Log on once a week, set your lineups for each day for the next week. If you want to dabble in the FA pool, you can make 4 adds/drops per week starting 12.00am Monday Pacific Time. Just make sure to re-confirm your lineups afterwards.

Casual players can use the little yellow notes button next to the players name on yahoo to check recent player news, performances and future matchups. This tool is not up-to-the-minute news so can be flawed on occasion but it's easy and quick.

INTERMEDIATE: 1-2 hours per week

As someone who dedicates an average amount of time to fantasy, you have the potential to easily hang with the best. You might not be as heavily involved in the free agent market but with a little time day-to-day spent micromanaging any injuries, hot players and such, you can put up very respectable scores.

You would probably want to use external sources and keep an eye on the league as a whole to see trends, latest injury news and the like.

HARDCORE: 30min-1hour per day

If you have this much time to spare fantasy can become pretty rewarding. You are scraping every point out of your team. On a night when your team is stacked you know which of your lesser players is likely to go off. You are adding/dropping based on injuries, minutes, current form, weak days for your team and more.

Over the last few weeks I've been playing "hardcore" and it's been a lot of fun, it has gotten me a lot more into the NBA as a whole as oppose to just the Knicks. When you bring in a mercenary for a game or two and they just go off and win you a matchup it's so satisfying!

If we manage to get a few leagues up next year we should try to put people in based on their activity. A 12 man league of people who really go deep (...) with their teams would have awesome competition. On the flipside a league with 12 casuals would give them all hope and it's less likely to turn into the kind of imbalanced league we have this season.

PHEW! I haven't even written this much about the Knicks lately... But hell, apart from Linsanity, fantasy has been alot more fun this year than the Knicks! Here's hoping that's about to change :crossfingers:

iSaYughh

Starter
I'm starting to get seriously annoyed at my inconsistent team... This team is full of BEASTS yet on a night-to-night basis you can't really expect anything out of them!

Tyreke Evans - streaky
Danny Granger - streaky
Derrick Rose - always injured
Gerald Wallace - Failblazer
Jeff Teague - chucker

Even David Lee and Marc Gasol seem to take nights off pretty frequently.

James Harden is literally the only player I can guarantee 30+ points a night from. This is depressing.

James is a noble beast. Even when he starts slow, he almost always finds a way to produce.

Wallace being traded could be huge for you, though. He was a true Failblazer the whole yr to date. Maddening.