Blow it the F*CK up! Official Trade Thread

metrocard

Legend
OF COURSE lmaobut were not getting much in return although we are getting a team to take him off our shoulders but still the second one was a fair trade

We're getting the 19th pick and expiring contracts. It doesn't matter who we get in return, as long we get expiring contracts, draft picks, and get rid of Curry, Randolph, and Crawford; that would be optimal sucess for us.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
look as long as we find someone to take Curry and/or Randolph then ima be the happiest Knick fan on earth

metrocard

Legend
anyone like this trade?
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/featur...ams=14~11~14~18~14~18~11~18~11&te=&cash=11:14
I was looking up stuff about the Knicks and I found this it seems good

l_016e61b535fa01f6d8bcbfa75ddbc1d6.gif

Akamu

The King
anyone ever thought Phil Jackson (with Knicks) and David Lee look and played somewhat alike?

I dunno about his play being similar, but I can tell you that his arms and legs looked like they were made for an even bigger body lol, Phil looked huge!

metrocard

Legend
Randolph and Crawford are on the block.
The goal is to get rid of them.

These are my fair realstic trade scenarios to teams who can use Crawford Randolph

Marion (expiring)
Blount(expires in 2010)
Haslem(expires in 2010)

for

Randolph
Crawford
Curry

Miami
Crawford/Chalmers
Wade/Cook
Beasley/Wright
Randolph/Barron
Curry/Mourning

New York
Marbury/Robinson
Richardson/Collins
Gallinari/Chandler
Marion/Balkman
Lee/Jefferies

Crawford
Randolph
Curry

for Shaq(expires in 2010)
Raja Bell (expires in 2010)

Phoneix
Nash
Crawford
Diaw
Randolph
Stoudimire

6thman
Barbosa

New York
Marbury
Bell
Gallinari
Lee
Shaq

Sacramento sends
Miller
Thomas
Rahim
Moore

^ all expire in 2010

for
Crawford
Randolph
Jefferies

Houston trades
B. Jackson
S. Francis

for

Crawford

Both Jackson and Francis expire next season.

Randolph for Sheed, straight up.

The team we want to trade with the most is CLEVELAND....they're loaded with expiring and low value players and need OFFENSE. We can supply that.

This trade would put us under the cap before 2010 believe or not.

Randolph
Curry
Crawford
Jefferies

for

Szczerbiak(expiring)
Snow(expiring)
Palvovic(expires in 2010)
Smith(expiring)
Jones(expiring)

Most of these guys roles in Cleveland are terminated and they consistantly ride the bench or just don't fit the team.
Cleveland needs another 20 ppg scorer to help Lebron. They get two in this deal plus a guy who can score in the paint, something they don't have. Lebron gets his weapons and is happy in Cleveland. Knicks get their expiring and can move on from Crawford, Curry and Randolph and let our other players develop.

Cleveland
West/Gibson
Crawford/Brown
James/Jefferies
Randolph/Wallace
Zydrunas/Curry

New York
Marbury/Robinson
Richardson/Palvovic
Chandler/Szczerbiak
Gallinari/Balkman
Lee/Smith

That team would be good enough to go to the lottery again and draft Ricky Rubio or Haseem Thabett who we desperately need.

Our future would look like

Rubio/Robinson
Palvovic/Richardson
Chandler/Balkman
Gallinari/Balkman
Lee

With a lot of CAP ROOM to sign free agents.
Guys like Andris Biedrins would be free agents in 2009.

But I want that deal done, plus tank for the draft and Thabeet.

Sign Carlos Arroyo this year since he played a system similar to D'Antoni and if we sign Duhon, we'll have two solid PG's for now, not the future or any long term plan.

Check it out.

Arroyo/Duhon
Chandler/Palvovic
Gallinari/Balkman
Lee/2nd round pick
Biedrins/Thabeet

They'll be more guys available than Andris Biedrins, but you get the point and see the future for the Knicks possibly.

metrocard

Legend
Bump.

2013 version.

Plan A
Knicks trade
Raymond Felton
Tim Hardaway Jr.

Hawks trade
Elton Brand
Dennis Schroeder
2014 2nd round pick
2015 2nd Round pick

Plan B

Knicks trade
Carmelo Anthony
Raymond Felton
Jr Smith
Tim Hardaway Jr.
Beno Udrih

Bobcats trade
Kemba Walker
Gerald Henderson
Ramon Sessions
Bismack Biyombo
Josh McRoberts
Ben Gordon
2014 First Round Pick

Bobcats
PG - Felton/Udrih/Pargo
SG - Smith/Hardaway Jr.
SF - Kidd-Gilchrist/Taylor
PF - Anthony/Zeller/Tolliver
C - Jefferson/Haywood

Knicks
PG - Walker/Prigioni/Sessions
SG - Shumpert/Gordon
SF - World Peace/Henderson
PF - Martin/McRoberts/Bargnani
C - Biyombo/Stoudemire

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Both very, very unlikely scenarios. But I get your message. With some good scounting and a good GM we could rebuild from nothing to a very solid team with a couple of seasons. Unfortunately that's not what the Knicks do, we'd rather trade everyone away and mislocate all the cap space in a couple of risky max contracts.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
You'd take Kemba over Felton? I honestly think both players are better coming off of the bench. We need a player like Jeff Teague. The mecca of basketball really needs to raise the bar for our PG. We need a guy that can average no less than 8 assists per game.

metrocard

Legend
You'd take Kemba over Felton? I honestly think both players are better coming off of the bench. We need a player like Jeff Teague. The mecca of basketball really needs to raise the bar for our PG. We need a guy that can average no less than 8 assists per game.

Kemba Walker is better than Teague. Teague won't average 8 assist all season. He's 7 at best, he averages 3 turnovers a game with those 7 assist.

For Teague's career his per 36 production has been
14 ppg
6.5 assist
2.7 TO's

Raymond Felton
14 ppg
6.8 assist
2.7 TOs

Kemba Walker
17.5 ppg
6 apg
2.5 TO's

That's in the first 2 seasons of Kemba's career.

Kemba is the superior rebounder, makes plays with intangibles, ball handling and superior defense who can get blocks, rack up steals and fight over screens and pick & rolls.

Teague may not even be the best PG in Atlanta in the future, Schroeder will surpass him probably not in ATL but in another team.

Also consider Kemba has never had an offensive player to pass the ball to. Gerald Henderson has been his primary offensive option in his NBA career. When Al Jefferson returns, expect Kemba to average 8 assist easy.

Red

TYPE-A
Kemba Walker is better than Teague. Teague won't average 8 assist all season. He's 7 at best, he averages 3 turnovers a game with those 7 assist.

For Teague's career his per 36 production has been
14 ppg
6.5 assist
2.7 TO's

Raymond Felton
14 ppg
6.8 assist
2.7 TOs

Kemba Walker
17.5 ppg
6 apg
2.5 TO's

That's in the first 2 seasons of Kemba's career.

Kemba is the superior rebounder, makes plays with intangibles, ball handling and superior defense who can get blocks, rack up steals and fight over screens and pick & rolls.

Teague may not even be the best PG in Atlanta in the future, Schroeder will surpass him probably not in ATL but in another team.

Also consider Kemba has never had an offensive player to pass the ball to. Gerald Henderson has been his primary offensive option in his NBA career. When Al Jefferson returns, expect Kemba to average 8 assist easy.

None of this matters w/o a coach who knows how to win in this league. Recall we were sold on Woody being defensive... he's not.
Recall Woody was sold as someone who would "design an offense to feature our stars"... he didn't and can't.
Recall how frustrated we were with the inordinate amount of 3's and the false positive they perpetuate... we lead the league last year
Recall how we needed better defenders and rebounders... this coach nullifies any defensive advantage we have by switching and purposely playing guys out of position. Plus Tyson was supposed to be a rebounder but is playing volleyball thus creating another false positive.

When we were beefing about the poor coaching with MDA we expected better not the same sh!t on a different day.

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
I would start from changing the coach and the point guard. Those two determine the identity and direction of any team.
What is an identity of this team? I dont think even Woody can answer this question. Where is the defense that we thought Woodson is good at? Offense? Give the ball to Melo or JR and let them figuer it out.
We have some very good defenders. Why is Stat playing at all and Martin is on the bench?
There are a lot of questions about Woodys tactics, a lot of mistakes at the end of close games.
Felton is too slow to guard most of younger and quicker guards, dribbles a lot, cant often see open teammates, shoots a lot for a point guard instead of distributing the ball.
Why is he allowed to shoot so much? He is a terrible, let me repeat, terrible shooter.
Yesterday on ESPN G.Carl said that we have enough good players to be 4 or 5 seed in our conference.
I dont think we can even make the 7th or 8th seed with this coach,
I would fire him right now.

skisloper

Starter
I would start from changing the coach and the point guard. Those two determine the identity and direction of any team.
What is an identity of this team? I dont think even Woody can answer this question. Where is the defense that we thought Woodson is good at? Offense? Give the ball to Melo or JR and let them figuer it out.
We have some very good defenders. Why is Stat playing at all and Martin is on the bench?
There are a lot of questions about Woodys tactics, a lot of mistakes at the end of close games.
Felton is too slow to guard most of younger and quicker guards, dribbles a lot, cant often see open teammates, shoots a lot for a point guard instead of distributing the ball.
Why is he allowed to shoot so much? He is a terrible, let me repeat, terrible shooter.
Yesterday on ESPN G.Carl said that we have enough good players to be 4 or 5 seed in our conference.
Can u imagine oppising teams before a game...
On the chalkboard it must say THE KNICKS WILL SWITCH ON DEFENSE AND NOT FIGHT THRU PICKS SO EXPLOIT THE MISMATCHES " On Defense it must read " KNICKS WILL EITHER TAKE A QUICK 3 POINTER OR PASS THE BALL AROUND THE PERIMETER FOR 20 SECONDS AND THEN SHOOT SO LET THEM "

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
Can u imagine oppising teams before a game...
On the chalkboard it must say THE KNICKS WILL SWITCH ON DEFENSE AND NOT FIGHT THRU PICKS SO EXPLOIT THE MISMATCHES " On Defense it must read " KNICKS WILL EITHER TAKE A QUICK 3 POINTER OR PASS THE BALL AROUND THE PERIMETER FOR 20 SECONDS AND THEN SHOOT SO LET THEM "

Yeah. Our game plan is so predictable that even mildly retarded opposition can brake it easily.

metrocard

Legend

The sooner, the better.

Holding on to Woodson for too long is just prolonging the problem and will make the transition into a new coach and system a lot more difficult for the team to get adjusted to.

Lets give Woodson into game 15 til he's fired (unless the team goes on a 10 game win streak), but it wouldn't matter. Mike Woodson is Mike Woodson and always will be. Ask Hawk fans how they feel about Mike.

Felton has to be replaced.

If you look at the PG's in the NBA

Paul
Parker
Irving
Curry
Westbrook
Lillard
Rubio
Williams
Holliday
Conley
Rondo
Lowry
Bledsoe
even Nash and MCW

they all present a strong element to their game and impact their game.

Felton's elements are average. He's terrible defensively, he has ability to score the ball but isn't a good shooter and isn't the fastest PG in the NBA.

It doesn't give this team a respectable floor general.

If you look back in time.

Trade Felton for an average defensive center or even a draft pick.

He should of been traded last year.

skisloper

Starter
The sooner, the better.

Holding on to Woodson for too long is just prolonging the problem and will make the transition into a new coach and system a lot more difficult for the team to get adjusted to.

Lets give Woodson into game 15 til he's fired (unless the team goes on a 10 game win streak), but it wouldn't matter. Mike Woodson is Mike Woodson and always will be. Ask Hawk fans how they feel about Mike.

Felton has to be replaced.

If you look at the PG's in the NBA

Paul
Parker
Irving
Curry
Westbrook
Lillard
Rubio
Williams
Holliday
Conley
Rondo
Lowry
Bledsoe
even Nash and MCW

they all present a strong element to their game and impact their game.

Felton's elements are average. He's terrible defensively, he has ability to score the ball but isn't a good shooter and isn't the fastest PG in the NBA.

It doesn't give this team a respectable floor general.

If you look back in time.

Trade Felton for an average defensive center or even a draft pick.

He should of been traded last year.

starting 5 should be
prigs
jr
melo
metta
stat

let stat go to center and see what happens screw the knees