Team Starbury vs Haterburys: Lets End it NOW

Describe Yourself (no homo)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KBlack25

Starter
metro: You say you want a debate of facts, well I've tried to debate Team Starbury on facts and no Team Starbury member has had any response back to me, so I'll post this AGAIN for the THIRD time to explain why, factually, Marbury is not best for this team in the long run...

One thing I think the Marbury fans haven't answered though, and it's always been my opinion, is that maybe Marbury starting ISN'T the best thing for the Knicks and here's why.

I've said it over and over the Knicks are NOT a championship team with Marbury, even Marbury lovers have to admit this team is a barely in playoffs/barely out of playoffs team this year with Marbury at the point. Marbury also will not be on this team next year whether he plays or doesn't play, I think everyone can also agree on that.

The improvement Marbury gives you actually hurts in the end. The Knicks owe either their 2009 or 2010 Draft Pick to Utah via the Stephon Marbury trade (PHX traded to Utah). The 2009 Pick is top 22 protected, meaning if the Knicks finish with draft picks 1-22, they do NOT have to give up their pick in 2009 BUT if that were to happen they would owe their 2010 Draft Pick either way.

So let's assume the Marbury fans were right, he should play, he made us a better team but not enough to be pick 23 or above. That means we get that pick in 2009. It would probably be around 11-15ish? Then, when Marbury leaves, and the team is worse off (as Marbury lovers state, this team is worse without Marbury) and finish out of the playoffs again but likely with a top 10 draft pick. That top 10 pick goes to Utah, and our hands are tied.

What does this mean for the 2009 Draft in terms of rebuilding (with or without Marbury that's what's happening)? It has to count. It. Has. To. Count. That means this team needs a solid pick this year whether they use it as a trade chip or they can actually get a difference maker in the draft. The Marbury trade is costing a lot of draft picks, let's at least try and be smart about it when we can.

In addition, Marbury is not in this team's future. We've seen Nate Rob flourish off the bench this year (I personally think he should be the starter), we've seen Chandler flourish (see my opinion on Nate Rob) and I think the important thing this year is to get these guys who are going to be around next year used to playing together. If Duhon is going to be the point guard of this team as Mike D'Antoni's chosen one, then he needs minutes.

Does Marbury make the team better this year, in 2008-09? Definitely, I buy that 100%. I think the team right now would be be better off with Steph this year. I'm just not sure his playing time and what's fair to Marbury is what's best for the team. Is he talented? He sure is. He's also untradeable, no amount of playing time is going to make anybody on earth want to trade for this guy, it's a fact. GMs want no part of him, they see him as a problem child who couldn't get along with his coaches (first Larry Brown, who he now says he misses, and the Isiah Thomas, who was at one point his best friend). And this season Marbury has done what has been asked of him, I respect that a ton, especially with how he might have acted and responded a year or two ago. So yes, Marbury has responded well but in terms of behavior probably does deserve some playing time. But just because someone deserves something doesn't make it the best course of action in the end.

metrocard

Legend
No one is disagreeing with you on having Marbury here on the long run, no one on team Starbury has stated they wanted Marbury here for a long term plan.

Once again, you failed yourself and tried desperately finding a debate no one has no desire to debate with.

Your post said nothing new, its been texted a million times(its been debated over and over, which has been points that were proven stronger by TS, which is why no at one is responding to you.
You never were apart of this Starbury vs Hatebury conflict and never understood this thread.
I know you try really hard to fit in, but don't embarrass yourself like that next time.
Okay?

clumsy, good post.

I agree, I've moved on; but no one should be happy how this situation went. It was really unprofessional from my viewpoint,

Not playing a player because you want to waive him, but expect him not to take all of his guranteed in order to be waived is unprofessional.
NBA is a BUSINESS. How would you feel if you boss or company had to terminate you with a deduction in your guaranteed money? Its not professional or fair to YOU.

The fact that they put Marbury in that situation is unprofessional and the fact they don't play a man who worked his ass off in the summer for this opportunity to redeem himself(like every other fool on the Knick) makes it worse.

Thats where team STARBURY stands.

Anyone bringing up this irrelevant crap about Marbury staying here for the long term or not is a fool, because its not a realistic topic that we are concerned with, it'll never happened, everyone has accepted it a long time.

KBlack25

Starter
metro: Show me one spot where it's been debated, I haven't seen anybody mention the fact that the Knicks (or Isiah) mortgaged their future on Marbury and now have lost their 2009 pick.

I never was in the Starbury v. Haterbury debate because I am neither, I'm for the betterment of the team, and I'm just not sure Marbury brings that.

Edit: And in terms of professionalism, you're right, the NBA is a business. Is it fair to let Marbury sit on the bench? That's up for debate, but the Knicks have said they are willing to pay him to do nothing. A business is a business and the fact is the guy is going to get his money one way or the other. What would you say if the job you worked at said "Hey, don't come in anymore, but we'll still pay you everything you are owed"? That's what the Knicks have done.

metrocard

Legend
Not that stupid...learn how to read.
You act like Marbury was the only player we lost draft rights for. (Eddy Curry did much more damage).

Your last paragraph is way too opinionated, you have to be foolish to follow the media and believe every GM in the NBA would wanted a 10 year 20 and 8 NBA skilled veteran at the PG position, with a nice sexy expiring contract. Marbury has a lot of value, if Knicks trade him; they've failed as a franchise trying to get under the cap and their overall plan.
Its the same repeated junk that has been repeated over and over.
It has no substance.
Absolutely none.

EDIT: Stop editting your post.
Relax.
Read.
Re-read.
Analyze.
Then post.

How do you think that would look on your resume? Your company doesn't want you to work so bad they'll pay you not to work. You don't think when you apply for another job other companies will contact that past company and ask for your profile? Thats a tainted image, theres really nothing positive about that and its bringing Marbury down as a professional; especially when he wasn't at fault because they didn't give him a chance to run the offense.

KBlack25

Starter
Marbury at this point is un-tradeable, every NBA Analyst worth his weight has said so. Who is going to take a flier on Marbury for 21 million? If someone was willing to he'd be gone. The Knicks have said they don't want him and if somebody could have showed interest in tradeing for Marbury there would have at least been SOME report, SOME rumor of a trade. If SOMEONE was interested we would have heard SOMETHING and he'd likely be out of here, at least the Knicks would get something for the guy they've said is nothing.

And I know Curry did a lot more damage, he might wind up costing this team 2-3 FULL drafts in the long run, but this isn't about Curry. It's about Steph.

KBlack25

Starter
I mean you can sit here and debate it all you want, you can say it isn't his fault but the way I see it if Marbury showed any propensity to play with and listen to a coach, if he didn't spoil all the opportunities he's been given in this league (especially the biggest one, to play in NY, that even he said he wanted) he'd be on the floor running the offense. Can you blame Mike D'Antoni for not wanting Steph to play, really? Look at what he did to Larry Brown. I'm not a Larry Brown fan at all but as a new coach, shit, I wouldn't want some guy that got into a media war with his last 2 coaches tainting the locker room and tainting the new regime. If Marbury worked like he says he did, then maybe someone will give him a chance and maybe he'll perform well. But I think it's easy to see why, in lieu of the long term and in lieu of what Steph has done repeatedly throughout his career, to why Mike D. would be wary of dressing him.

Mike D. said he wanted Duhon. You see this happen in almost any sport, a new coach comes in and the old guys leave. Isiah did it when he took over for Layden, and he did it quickly, in a couple years not one single player on Isiah's Knicks were a member of Layden's. I don't think it's that out of the ordinary, and waiting on a trade or a buyout is something that happens quite often. In fact, if Marbury didn't decide he wanted to represent himself I bet a buyout already would have happened, but Marbury wants no representation and chooses instead to represent himself in contract proceedings. As the old saying goes, "Show me someone who represents himself in a legal proceeding, and I'll show you someone who has a fool for a client."

Steph seems like he's probably a pretty nice guy, but he's got his head on backwards. He doesn't fit into the long term and I see no reason why, if the team agrees to pay him, they can't choose to sit him, just like any employer anywhere can.

metrocard

Legend
Any team that wants an expiring contract would take Marbury in a heartbeat.
Think logically.
Plus most rumors and report turn out to be false.
Just because something is unreported doesn't mean its not POSSIBLE a trade will happened. I mean, who saw Shaq being traded for Marion? That came out of left field. The NBA is a league where random trades happen, and that can happen without stupid untrue rumors and reports.

The Marbury trade didn't set this team all the back like the Curry trade did.

If Isiah didn't make any other trade after the Marbury trade, drafted players and just used the MLE, letting contracts expiring(Penny Hardaway, Tim Thomas, Kurt Thomas, etc). We would of have a nice young team, with cap space. Marbury led a roster of Shandon Anderson, Frank Williams, Tim Thomas, Nazr Mohammed, Kurt Thomas, and a handicapped Houston to the playoffs; most of these guys aren't even a factor in the NBA today. Isiah could of easily upgraded the team with keeping his draft picks and picking up key draft picks to be apart of the future.

Check it out.

untitled.jpg

Marbury, Penny Hardaway

for

Ward(Was on his way to retirement)
Lampe(bust to the max level)
McDysess(bench player)
Eisley(out of the league)
Vujanic(never came out of Europe)
Snyder (bust)

Tim Thomas, Nazr for Keithvanhorn and Turiaf was a fail, we could of used Turiaf's defense and off the bench presence today.

Trading the lengthy contracts of Crawford and Jerome Williams for expiring contracts turned out to be another failure.

The biggest failure was:

TT
Sweetney
JJ
#2 LaMarcus Aldrige(Marbury would dominate the pick and pop with a player of this caliber)
#9 Joakim Noah
#38 draft pick in 2007
2009 2nd round draft pick.

for

Curry
Davis
#21 draft pick

In 2006, at #2, everyone was available except Bargnani, including guys like Roy, Gay, and many others.
That would of changed the franchise around completely. Be honest.

Isiah just continued to trade for bad contracts after that

(Jalen Rose, Steve Francis)

Guys who would of never fit with Marbury or any other PG in the NBA for that matter.

The amount of change, inconsistency and lack of direction creation a vision of confusion for everyone, which decreased the chance of potential success. So its evidential that failure would come due to Isiah's bad decisions.

Bottom line, Marbury was never put in position to be successful in New York because Isiah was running a circus. Marbury came from a well over .500 team in Phoneix where he was the biggest contributor to a winning team in Phoneix(don't use the crap where he got replaced, when you get replaced by a MVP, with an upgraded, more experienced squad).

Anyway, I could elaborate more, but I'll give you a chance to drop your 2 cents

KBlack25

Starter
metro: I'm going to be the last person on this board to defend the moves Isiah made. Isiah was straight up horrible for this team, and it's elicited in the facts that they'll have to live with Isiah's mistakes. So on Isiah not creating a winner, I agree with you. And as much as this team is going to pay for the Marbury trade even still, the Curry trade is much, much, much worse. I would never defend the Curry trade, Isiah ran this team like he was playing NBA Live or something.

But Marbury still had a war of words in the media with his last 2 coaches. Say you are hired to do a job, the person who had the job three years before you basically quit because of a public disagreement with one employee, and that same employee got into a very public war of words with your immediate predecessor. Do you want that employee to play an integral role in your career? I would think not.

Marbury will get his chance, and to his credit he's kept his mouth shut this year. I'll be first in line to give him credit for this. But he has not been a model teammate, he has not been what you want from a leader, from a floor general that you need the rest of the team to trust. It seems like he's been more interested the last few years in talking to Newsday or the Post or going on Mike'd Up than he has been focused on winning. Regardless of your personal opinion on Marbury it's clear that the team doesn't trust him, the team probably doesn't even really like him, in fact I'd go so far as to say a lot of members of the team straight up HATE Marbury, there are probably bigger Haterburys in the Knicks locker room than on this board. I just personally can't see a team building chemistry when their "leader" is a guy they don't even really like.

I personally am not of the ilk that Marbury leaving teams improves them based on history. While it appears that way, I think he's more a victim of circumstance, especially in NJ.

metrocard

Legend
I can't blame Marbury for going to war with Isiah.
Brown declared war on Marbury first, as he did with every PG he's coached(see Felton now in Charlotte.

KBlack25

Starter
I mean, I think Felton is on his way out, they drafted Augustine, wouldn't be surprised if Felton is on the trading block sooner rather than later...

Insults dont bother me. Nothin really bothers me on this site. The constant hate for marbury is annoying, but its not something i think about when im going to bed.

I dont see anything wrong with insults. I think its funny but everyone on this site takes sh!t personal. But like i said, the insults dont bother me. The type of insults that bigpat33 and trillion were throwing at me, came from emotions. They werent trying to be funny. I used that against them, and limited the insults in my post to expose them.

Dats rite baby MSG33 iz da man!
Bronze mac 12 baby
I love starbury!! (homo)

Co-sign.
Moderators are doing a job good.
Its just the people who seem to have manlove for Crawford, who are from midwest, and get picked on for ignorant statements with no evidence for validity(I think you know who) would cry to mods for being picked on because they're so awkward.

Its cool to have manlove for Jamal and be some random Knickfan from the midwest, but when you go all out forcing your opinion on others, expect to get ether, its that simple.

With Marbury, I and the others Soldierburys understand the facts and realities.

Marbury is the BEST guard on this team.
Marbury is the only Knick on this roster to turn this team around and take the Knicks to the playoffs against the Eastern Conference Champions.
Marbury wasn't treated like the best player on the team when Isiah went nuts and trading for players with noticeable weaknesses that didn't compliment Marbury.
Isiah obtained Crawford and Curry for a lot of expiring contracts and future draft picks; a SG that can't shoot and a Center that can't rebound or block: both players being the worst at their position in terms of defense.
How is that complimentary to Marbury or an "upgrade" for the team? It wasn't.
You can't expect Marbury to lead such a crap team to the playoffs like that.
Marbury has had like 11-12 different NBA coaches in his 10 year career, not much stability with the front office working with Marbury.

We also understand.
Marbury has been caught in controversial situations that has build a negative rep on his status as a professional athlete.
Marbury is unethical.
Marbury hasn't shown the BEST attitude, but also hasn't shown the WORST.

People's hate on Marbury is minor things like "He's not mature, he's an asshole, he's a jerk" More personal dislikes rather than his ability to produce as a NBA PG.

So when people debate against team Starbury, their arguement is mostly a personal vendetta and hate rant on Stephon Marbury the person. They don't have enough information, facts, stats, and recorded game logs that can contradict the solid facts team Starbury has brought and shut them down in the past consistantly.

Frustrated Starbury haters began to build a lot of tension and continue the ignorance. In response, team S-bury gave the incompetent haters a taste of their own medicine, especially metrocard; myself who drops the hottest ether in the world. Then they learned right there how it feels to be made fun of since they take so many personal shots at Stephon.

I have nothing personal against the haters, I think you have to divide them into two groups.

The knowledgeable and respectful posters with their own stylistic text that's enjoyable to read, disagree or agree with.
GetRealstic
DonChris

Then you have had guys who just come to this site to take personal shots at me for the past events on this forum where they tried to step up to me but got slapped down to the ground. (Fools on my ignore list)
Pancakes
The One n Only
many others who have died from the forum, there's a whole bunch I can't remember because of the losses they took in such a depressing matter.

I enjoy reading post on this site as much as I like posting, I have a lot of personal favorite posters who agree with me and disagree with me, a lot of respect for them.

If I don't have respect for you, I'm going to text to you like I don't have respect for you. I don't front, so you already know; this doesn't need to be explained.

You've failed everytime on pointing out the "facts".
People don't have to agree with opinions, but facts have to be accepted.
You came to me, I didn't even know you posted on this site until you called me out and got embarrassed.

As for everyone crying about the insults, whats up?

Why do you front like they don't bother you but then a day later cry continuously about them because they got under your skin and you couldn't handle the affect of the ether?
Insults on the internet should be ignored or laughed at it, getting emotional isn't really the coolest look for a grown man. I throw insults because I get bored with the person text and they're not really saying anything new I haven't read, or just spewing a lot of ignorant ish.

People are ENTITLED to support Marbury for a logical reason, MSG has many reasons in continuing to support for Marbury...it is WRONG to bash MSG for supporting Marbury or any other Marbury supporter. Instead you should use some brain cells and actually start a debate and question the logic. Its not hard, if you' have common sense and an open mind, and not a temper of a 17 year old Washington Heights girl on her tampon.

Plus, a lot of the Marbury support is sarcasm and just for fun. You guys get all defensive a little too much.

You've handle this whole situation the best out of anyone.

GetReal and I use to go through some serious battles back and forth, but personal insults were thrown in there but we both had a lot of pride and didn't let out ignorance take over; because we always provided facts you couldn't find in any other Knick forum, which makes this site the best. You have two of the best from opposites collide which makes a nice main event fight.

You are like the coolest person ever, i mean if i looked in a dictionary nd looked up the word cool, id see a picture of you, i wish i cud suck starbury's cock just as good as u cuz man you r just that cool, we shud have a three some with msg rite now

LJ4ptplay

Starter
The whole team voted for him to be suspended. I forget who posted it but somebody posted an article awhile back where Tim Thomas was quoted as saying how bad of a teammate Marbury was and that he alienated himself from the team.

It ended with Thomas saying Marbury didn't say a word to him his whole time in NY but on the day he was traded Marbury gave him an ipod.

Yeah, I've posted this before.

"Stephon is the worst teammate I've ever had," Tim Thomas told me an hour after the Suns had eliminated the Clippers, echoing the sentiments of Jayson Williams, Keith Van Horn, Kurt Thomas and several Suns and Knicks who wish to remain anonymous. "We grew up together, yet the whole time I was with the Knicks he never talked to me. Not once. Not until I was traded did he say anything. When I was leaving he came over and gave me an I-Pod he'd bought as a going-away present. He even installed hip hop music. They don't come any weirder!"

He's fought Kurt Thomas, Q Rich, Mutumbo, Kenadall Gill and many others. There's the proof. I have always thought it was funny that Cancerburians have so much love for possibly the worst Knick in franchise history. It's alright to show love for someone who's actually contributed something positive to this franchise (Ewing, LJ, Houston, Clyde, Reed, Starks, Oakley, Spree, etc.) but to have so much love for someone that has contributed as much as Malik Rose (and contributed more negative than positive) is just sad.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Co-sign.
Moderators are doing a job good.
Its just the people who seem to have manlove for Crawford, who are from midwest, and get picked on for ignorant statements with no evidence for validity(I think you know who) would cry to mods for being picked on because they're so awkward.

Its cool to have manlove for Jamal and be some random Knickfan from the midwest, but when you go all out forcing your opinion on others, expect to get ether, its that simple.

With Marbury, I and the others Soldierburys understand the facts and realities.

Marbury is the BEST guard on this team.
Marbury is the only Knick on this roster to turn this team around and take the Knicks to the playoffs against the Eastern Conference Champions.
Marbury wasn't treated like the best player on the team when Isiah went nuts and trading for players with noticeable weaknesses that didn't compliment Marbury.
Isiah obtained Crawford and Curry for a lot of expiring contracts and future draft picks; a SG that can't shoot and a Center that can't rebound or block: both players being the worst at their position in terms of defense.
How is that complimentary to Marbury or an "upgrade" for the team? It wasn't.
You can't expect Marbury to lead such a crap team to the playoffs like that.
Marbury has had like 11-12 different NBA coaches in his 10 year career, not much stability with the front office working with Marbury.

We also understand.
Marbury has been caught in controversial situations that has build a negative rep on his status as a professional athlete.
Marbury is unethical.
Marbury hasn't shown the BEST attitude, but also hasn't shown the WORST.

People's hate on Marbury is minor things like "He's not mature, he's an asshole, he's a jerk" More personal dislikes rather than his ability to produce as a NBA PG.

So when people debate against team Starbury, their arguement is mostly a personal vendetta and hate rant on Stephon Marbury the person. They don't have enough information, facts, stats, and recorded game logs that can contradict the solid facts team Starbury has brought and shut them down in the past consistantly.

Frustrated Starbury haters began to build a lot of tension and continue the ignorance. In response, team S-bury gave the incompetent haters a taste of their own medicine, especially metrocard; myself who drops the hottest ether in the world. Then they learned right there how it feels to be made fun of since they take so many personal shots at Stephon.

I have nothing personal against the haters, I think you have to divide them into two groups.

The knowledgeable and respectful posters with their own stylistic text that's enjoyable to read, disagree or agree with.
GetRealstic
DonChris

Then you have had guys who just come to this site to take personal shots at me for the past events on this forum where they tried to step up to me but got slapped down to the ground. (Fools on my ignore list)
Pancakes
The One n Only
many others who have died from the forum, there's a whole bunch I can't remember because of the losses they took in such a depressing matter.

I enjoy reading post on this site as much as I like posting, I have a lot of personal favorite posters who agree with me and disagree with me, a lot of respect for them.

If I don't have respect for you, I'm going to text to you like I don't have respect for you. I don't front, so you already know; this doesn't need to be explained.

You've failed everytime on pointing out the "facts".
People don't have to agree with opinions, but facts have to be accepted.
You came to me, I didn't even know you posted on this site until you called me out and got embarrassed.

As for everyone crying about the insults, whats up?

Why do you front like they don't bother you but then a day later cry continuously about them because they got under your skin and you couldn't handle the affect of the ether?
Insults on the internet should be ignored or laughed at it, getting emotional isn't really the coolest look for a grown man. I throw insults because I get bored with the person text and they're not really saying anything new I haven't read, or just spewing a lot of ignorant ish.

People are ENTITLED to support Marbury for a logical reason, MSG has many reasons in continuing to support for Marbury...it is WRONG to bash MSG for supporting Marbury or any other Marbury supporter. Instead you should use some brain cells and actually start a debate and question the logic. Its not hard, if you' have common sense and an open mind, and not a temper of a 17 year old Washington Heights girl on her tampon.

Plus, a lot of the Marbury support is sarcasm and just for fun. You guys get all defensive a little too much.

You've handle this whole situation the best out of anyone.

GetReal and I use to go through some serious battles back and forth, but personal insults were thrown in there but we both had a lot of pride and didn't let out ignorance take over; because we always provided facts you couldn't find in any other Knick forum, which makes this site the best. You have two of the best from opposites collide which makes a nice main event fight.

Manlove??? Don't hate on me because your MANCRUSH doesn't get to play with the rest of the team. Or even practice. Maybe you and the rest of TEAM INACTIVE should take note of this. Sorry if some of us adults would prefer to stick to hoopstalk instead of playing the dozens. Maybe its just a Midwest thing. You know being an ADULT and showing others respect and sticking to the topic. Actually you probably don't. Hopefully when this stupid Starbury thing is over the rest of the Starbury crew will follow and the rest of us KNICKS fans can start talking basketball again.

Several players have contacted marbury and shown support for him. I think theres more then a couple teams that would like to have him, including the dallas mavericks. Aside from that, im not sure why everyone cares so much about him. Hes not part of this team so why continue to bring him up?

I think we all need to work together to make this site. What i see going on is a chain reaction, and my goal is to end it. Some people on this site are bringin up marbury in every thread and its real annoying. They exaggerate their hate at times...their very quick when forming opinions, they just look at the bad. Ill admit, i do from time to time exaggerate how good i think he is. I think the smarter posters on here know when im doing this and ignore me. But i do it in retaliation to other the hatred for him. That was the purpose of my "great stephon starbury marbury", to aggrevate the haters. I do not want to do things like this, but when i go into a thread about who we should draft and see marbury gettin hated on...of course as one of the best posters on this site, im not gonna look the other way with the exception of a few posters. If its a new poster and its the first time i see marbury gettin hated on by that poster, i might wait before i respond. But eventually im gonna say sumthin, not just in defense of marbury but for the good of this site.

If people are gonna post negative stuff about marbury, they should do it in threads that have already been made instead of makin new ones (trillion). But theres nothin to say about him. Theres no need to bring him up until hes playin for another team.

And about the insults...I think im much better then i once was. But like i keep sayin, they are not intended to hurt feelings. From now on i will sparingly use insults.

I agree with this post.

Pancakes
The One n Only

I come on this site to talk Knicks but unfortunately every time I do I see you talking smack, getting into insanely long arguments behaving obnoxiously. If you were funny that would be on thing but it's the same thing over and over and over again.

When I first signed up I remember you welcomed me and thought I had the funniest screenname in the history of this board. Everything was cool until I dared disagree with you. We debated Baron Davis vs Steph, Chris Paul vs Deron Williams, Carlos Arroyo just to name a few. At first your over the top antics was funny but as time went on I noticed that you get into these long drawn out attacks using the same silly insults for every new argument you are in. At this point I dunno what's more frustrating that you berate anyone who disagrees with you or that can't seem to come up with any new material. Nobody is catching feelings over it but I believe that the majority of us are simply tired of it and would like to debate with you one time without escalating into some kind of hoodrat display of pseudo toughness. You have a lot of knowledge and strong opinions to share so why not do it in a manner where it's like two bros at a bar bullshitting? The way it's supposed to be.

We've both had fun at one another's expense and that's cool however I'm down to bury the hatchet in order to contribute a more positive environment around here.

I can't blame Marbury for going to war with Isiah.
Brown declared war on Marbury first, as he did with every PG he's coached(see Felton now in Charlotte.

Larry Brown does have a Hall of Fame coaching resume though.

He's fought Kurt Thomas, Q Rich, Mutumbo, Kenadall Gill and many others. There's the proof. I have always thought it was funny that Cancerburians have so much love for possibly the worst Knick in franchise history. It's alright to show love for someone who's actually contributed something positive to this franchise (Ewing, LJ, Houston, Clyde, Reed, Starks, Oakley, Spree, etc.) but to have so much love for someone that has contributed as much as Malik Rose (and contributed more negative than positive) is just sad.

Contributions? You serious? I can't believe you don't appreciate or forgot about that under .500 8th seed clinching playoff run ahem I mean 4 game washout Steph led us to. lol

Seriously tho, agreed I think the problem is that a lot of people are in love with his talent and fail to recognize the player.

Last edited:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Yeah, I've posted this before.

Wow, so because Marbury didn't tuck Tim Thomas to bed in night, he's a horrible teammate? Please. Just because Marbury didn't talk to Tim Thomas doesn't mean he was a bad teammate. If I remember correctly, Tim Thomas averaged good numbers on the Knicks WITH MARBURY. If Marbury was so bad, why Tim Thomas average 14 points per game, in his two years with the Knicks? You just look for any little thing to criticize.

Also, you're sick for thinking Marbury could even be anywhere near to being one of the worst players in franchise history. Ever heard of Eddy Curry? Quentin Richardson? Mardy Collins? And that's just naming the most current Knick roster.

Take Duhon's dick out your ass.