Its to LATE....

Kiyaman

Legend
Why are the Knicks (media) acting like the Knicks are going to start making moves after August 16th this summer.
It's way to late....the Knicks 2009 summer roster is a 15 win roster next season.

Donnie Walsh smooth moves with the press will have the New York Sports Media, and Knick-Fans blaming Isiah Thomas for the Knicks being a 2009-10 Lottery Team; the 2010 draft-pick going to the Utah Jazz.

We all been watching how the Eastern Conference teams has been upgrading their teams in the last two offseasons, while the Walsh 2010-Plan been down-grading the Knicks for two offseasons.

Look at the upgrading in the Atlantic Division:
Boston (Big-4)
Toronto (Turk)
Philly (New Headcoach and coaching-staff)
New Jersey (Guards-Harris, Alston, Lee, and Terrence)
All the teams in the Atlantic Division upgraded to have a 3-1 record over the Knicks this season.
And if the upgrades of the Atlantic Division does not prove a strong point then take a good look at eight (8) other upgraded Eastern Conference teams:

Cavs
Magic
Hawks
Heats
Bulls (No Gordon but SF-Deng is back)
Bobcats (Larry Brown 2nd season)
Wizards
Pistons
I put the Pistons last and did not include the Pacers b/c both have PG problems. But the Washington Wizards new coach Flip Suanders with a "HEALTHY-Roster" could do a FLIP Wilson in the Eastern Conference.
That group consists of Gilbert Arenas, Antawn Jamison, Caron Butler, Brendan Haywood, Mcgee, and DeShawn Stevenson.
Throw in recent acquisitions Randy <NOBR id=itxt_nobr_18_0 style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 100%">Foye </NOBR> and Mike Miller, and the Wizards are a .500 plus team.

As a Knick-Fan....only concentrating on the 2010 FA....which will probably be the largest FA market in the <NOBR id=itxt_nobr_19_0 style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 100%">NBA </NOBR> history in one offseason.
All these ending contract players will be looking foward to having highlights of their "career highs and season highs" off of no-defense celebrity coach Dantoni's Knicks.

However, Lets GO Knicks!
the New York Sports writers and announcers will put this 2009-10 Knicks Lottery season as "Isiah Thomas" fault, just like Isiah Thomas first two full seasons were Layden's fault...

N###a you a straight hater.

15 wins!!!!! Raggin' on the management.... Scapegoatin' Zeke cos you wanna be somebody.

15 motha****in wins. **** all yall nay-sayers.... Gettin all on Isiah as some kinda martyr for shit yall dont fathom.

DAMN!!!!!! yall can swagger when ya know nothin. yall can say it aint gon work and then if it dont you be sittin on yo plastic throne. if it does work (sign Bron or Wade) you just gots to sit back and hope noone be callin names on haters...

Too (double o fool) late for hate man.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Actually you Thread should be "It's Too Late", but I know what you mean.

Remember it was too many moves that took The Pistons from perennial Title Contender to on the cusp of being a lottery team!

Philly coaching staff change is not a signifant move they had an interim coach, they needed to fill the position. I think you're reaching on that one my man!

Charlotte did indeed make a major move, but they did not get at all better

You mention NJ, but they only made moves to adhere to the same cap plan Donnie is on

Plenty of teams make deals after into Aug. remember Mo. Williams wasnt acquired by Clev. until August of last year.

Not to mention there is at least two trades made every Pre Season, people seem to think that the off season,draft night, and trade deadline is the only time to make moves.

Now.....I almost do not want to comment on the Isiah Thomas point you made because it is so dellusional and if you honestly beleive that then there is no bringing you back, but I'll try anyway....Most fans know Isiah screwed us in many ways, this is common knowledge to most. Donnie Walsh came in to clean that mess up, but as a result of Isiah's moves Donnie Walsh's hands are tied, he inherited a bunch of expensive players no other team wants, thus making trades very very hard to manipulate. Now to his credit, this man moved Jamal Crawford, Zach Randolph, and Jerome James in the same season. Had this time last year someone told us that would get done, there is no chance any of us wouldve thought it possible.

I can excuse his Donnie's lack of moves this summer because he has cleaned up a significant part of the worst mess in all major sports. Donnie isnt "using the media to convince everyone he took on Isiah's mess" the whole damn world knows that already! I dont think Donnie has said one bad word about Isiah to the media!

Another thing, if it isnt Isiah's fault we dont have a pick in 2010, who's fault is it?

I think you joke about the things you say Kiya just to get a rise out of people, at least I hope that is the case, because if you really think some of the stuff you say is true then you probably eat Vaseline for a sore throat and tape yourself crying in front of the mirror.

Our team really does not need anymore negativity than we have received over the last 10 years. We should be grateful that we ACTUALLY have somebody that cares to help out our team (Walsh & D'Antoni) We need to all be thankful that we actually have a plan that will take us forward and eventually back to the Finals where we belong. GO KNICKS 2009-2010. We WILL make the playoffs this year. Just give Walsh some time. By the way... Many other teams took time to get on track (Stockton and Malone, Jordan, LeBron, Shaq) Just be patient

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
Kiya, go root for someone else... Plain and simple

AGREED! c-mon man i know we havent made any trades but but we still have stuff to look forward to.
-A full season for Gallo, hopefully he'll be 100%
-The rookie seasons of Hill and douglas
-how darko is gonna fit in

I dont know im no thrilled by this off season either, especially because my favorite player D-LEE is still unsigned but were still knicks fans!

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
First of all, the cap mess that the Knicks were/are in is directly do to Isiah's horrible job as GM. He took Laydens's mess and compounded it 10 times over with his horrible signings and trades.What Walsh is trying to do is too get the Knicks in a position to make a run at 1-2 elite free agents. Before last season, the Knicks had no hope what so ever in getting under the cal enough to sign 1 player, never mind 2+!! Walsh has almost completed the impossible on getting rid of all the horrible contracts the Knicks had. If he is able to dump either Curry or Jared; he should be hailed as a Knicks hero!! Think about it; before Walsh took over the Knicks were looking at 4-5 more years of cap hell; Walsh has all but eliminated that and it is amazing. My only concern is that Walsh has such tunnel vision with the cap that he could potentially pass up a great trade in trying to protect the 2010 cap! If Walsh can convince Lee to sign at his true value, same with Nate; retain these guys and get at least 1 of the elite guys that will be available in 2010, we as Knicks fans should be thrilled!

Kiyaman

Legend
Hate all u want....u guys still dont get it.

The way our roster stands on August 17.....without taking care of bussiness with either of our FA "Lee or Nate" whom played an important role in our small (7-man) rotation. We are a 15 WIN season team! "Everything thats understandable should be understood so it dont have to be explain".

Lakers understand the importance of Lamar Odom, resigned.
Hawks understand the importants of Marvin Williams, resigned.
Celtics understand the importants of Big-Baby, resigned.
Nuggets understand the importants of Birdman & Carter, resigned.
These players add strong-depth in their teams rotation.

We have some bright B-Ballers in this forum......what part of this dont u understand? after August 7. Lee and Nate should've been resigned so management could put more focus on getting other decent players to add to this season rotation.
To assume that Nate & Lee will be forced to resign a one year contract at the end of the offseason is taking a big chance on a Hoe becomming a housewife.
A sign and trade is scary in September b/c of injuries, out of shape players, and disgruntle players will be traded at that time.
We can count on a 100% performance from Lee & Nate, we cant say that about the next team players coming to New York and pulling another Mobley (act) whom played 32 mpg in every game as a starter for the Clippers last season.
Plus the fact that Knick managerment need to have 100% focus on a decent return for the "Curry & Jefferies 2010 situation" whom may have to play this season before a trade is made, and for us not to take in the fact that Curry & Jefferies mesh well with Nate or Lee duo is not understanding the importance of our restricted FA.

GetRealistic

Starter
Hate all u want....u guys still dont get it.

The way our roster stands on August 17.....without taking care of bussiness with either of our FA "Lee or Nate" whom played an important role in our small (7-man) rotation. We are a 15 WIN season team! "Everything thats understandable should be understood so it dont have to be explain".

Lakers understand the importance of Lamar Odom, resigned.
Hawks understand the importants of Marvin Williams, resigned.
Celtics understand the importants of Big-Baby, resigned.
Nuggets understand the importants of Birdman & Carter, resigned.
These players add strong-depth in their teams rotation.

We have some bright B-Ballers in this forum......what part of this dont u understand? after August 7. Lee and Nate should've been resigned so management could put more focus on getting other decent players to add to this season rotation.
To assume that Nate & Lee will be forced to resign a one year contract at the end of the offseason is taking a big chance on a Hoe becomming a housewife.
A sign and trade is scary in September b/c of injuries, out of shape players, and disgruntle players will be traded at that time.
We can count on a 100% performance from Lee & Nate, we cant say that about the next team players coming to New York and pulling another Mobley (act) whom played 32 mpg in every game as a starter for the Clippers last season.
Plus the fact that Knick managerment need to have 100% focus on a decent return for the "Curry & Jefferies 2010 situation" whom may have to play this season before a trade is made, and for us not to take in the fact that Curry & Jefferies mesh well with Nate or Lee duo is not understanding the importance of our restricted FA.

Did i miss it? Did David Lee or Nate Robinson sign with another team? Because last time i checked there both sitting out in free agency getting absolutely zero interest from other teams. Lee is going to have to decide if he wants to sign a very fair 4 year 32 million dollar deal or take his chance playing on a one year deal and putting himself in the exact same positiion next season. We'll still have his bird rights so if we want to keep him we'll have a chance to keep him.

Nate is a different story he's proably unsigned due to a wink wink deal between management. He's basically said he's coming back but he's letting the Knicks figure out what there going to do with the rest of the offseason.. For people who don't remember the season doesn't start until late October. Lee and Nate barrying a trade for say a Rubio or another established player are going to be back next year.

Does it really matter to me if they signed on July 1st or October 1st? Not the slightest bit. But i'm sure Kiya (hands down worst poster on the site) has a conspiracy theory that says other wise.

Whats the common link between the Marvin Williams, Lamar Odom, Big Baby, and Chris Andersen? They all hit the market didn't recieve many offers due to salary cap restrictions and the economy and they all eventually went back to there original team. Hmmm that sounds fimiliar to the Lee siuation.

smokes

Huge Member
I'm putting the Knicks at 42 wins and a real good season. Kiya, your an idiot

42 wins?! What happened did I miss us trading for Dwight Howard or something??

Ok so 15 wins is a bit low but seriously, we aren't more than a 30~ win team and won't be until we develop our roster a bit.

portega1968

El Cacique
I'm putting the Knicks at 42 wins and a real good season. Kiya, your an idiot :)

Danilo Gallinari MVP, Ricky Rubio Rookie of the Year and league leader in assists and steals and Darko league leader in blocks.

oh, and to top it off... Eddy Curry comeback player of the year!!!

Kiyaman

Legend
I did not PREDICT a 15 Win Season....this Post says with the lineup we have now (signed contract players) on August 16 2009. are a 15 win season team.

We did not use our MLE yet or resign any of our FA players.....
What part of your reading comprehension did not understand this???

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
So you're saying it but not predicting it. I see. No I don't.

And all the players you listed as crucial re-signings have more than one crucial thing in common.

The players that they play with.

Big Baby - Allen, Pierce, KG, Rondo.
Odom - Gasol, Artest, Bynum and that other guy....
Birdman - Melo, Smith, Nene.
Williams - J Smooth, JJ, Bibby.

Would any of these players be so crucial without their on court leaders? Yes. One. Odom. That's it.

And the fact that all of them. Once again Odom being the exception, were NOT flooded with offers for their services and returned to their current teams.

And Mobley was acting the heart palpitations? Really?

You're bordering on senility.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Kiya says this...

I did not PREDICT a 15 Win Season....this Post says with the lineup we have now (signed contract players) on August 16 2009. are a 15 win season team.

We did not use our MLE yet or resign any of our FA players.....
What part of your reading comprehension did not understand this???

After he said this...

Why are the Knicks (media) acting like the Knicks are going to start making moves after August 16th this summer.
It's way to late....the Knicks 2009 summer roster is a 15 win roster next season.

WTF??? Stop drinking before you post.

So you're saying it but not predicting it. I see. No I don't.

And all the players you listed as crucial re-signings have more than one crucial thing in common.

The players that they play with.

Big Baby - Allen, Pierce, KG, Rondo.
Odom - Gasol, Artest, Bynum and that other guy....
Birdman - Melo, Smith, Nene.
Williams - J Smooth, JJ, Bibby.

Would any of these players be so crucial without their on court leaders? Yes. One. Odom. That's it.

And the fact that all of them. Once again Odom being the exception, were NOT flooded with offers for their services and returned to their current teams.

And Mobley was acting the heart palpitations? Really?

You're bordering on senility.

True. Plus, all of those players got less money than what David Lee is demanding.

ANU

Starter
do we really want to take on salary by re-signing nate and lee when we got their replacements? say what you will about what they've meant to this team, it hasn't translated into the playoffs.the best thing would be is to re-sign them for 1 year, and deal them before the all star break.maybe lee has 20&12 season by the all star break, and gets dealt to the thunder for a first round pick before the break.i love nate, but he's a gimmick.if we could deal chandler with nate for fernandez and port's late first round pick, that would be great.
we know who we have to get rid of.we need to give them playing time.

nixon7

Benchwarmer
A little sanity

The fact that no other teams made serious runs at DLee or N8 speaks volumes. DLee: great rebounder, good passer, average shot, terrible D. If he defended like Rodman or Artest, he would have gotten the contract - but he doesn't. N8: great energy, streaky scorer, undisciplined, cannot defend large guards, reckless driver - great to have at under $3M but not worth much more.

That said: they will likely sign both for one-year contracts. Hopefully this motivates DLee to play D. If so, big win for us. If not, then smart not to give him long-term deal.

They will also likely make one more move before December, presumably involving Jeffries and/or Hughes.

If DGal healthy, large upside, under-rated defender. ToneyD may turn out to be a serviceable role player. WilsonC at 2guard may lead to serious breakout.

JHill may struggle this year but also has large upside, will be backing up DLee and AlH, and I expect him to be a monster in 2011.

If Curry really gets into shape and starts to move on D, and if Darko takes to faceup/uptempo and provides some shot-blocking, the Knicks could well hit the 40-win mark this year - and be under the cap next summer. If not, 30-36 is more realistic, but if they are over .500 for the 2nd half of the year, I am still happy.

portega1968

El Cacique
I counted like 57 "if" in that last post.

IMO, the big IF is... if Donnie Walsh can trade Curry and Jeffries.

That would really turn things around.

Kiyaman

Legend
Hold-on everyone dont be jumpin all on me.....this forum needs a Walsh Hater, a Isiah Hater, a Lenny Wilkins Hater, a Larry Brown Hater, and a Dantoni Hater, like Kiyaman to keep everyone on their muther-freakin toes....so the sissy-name-callin stops here.

I got no problem wid anyone saying, "Kiyaman, been smoking some Kiya (Ganja) before he wrote this crazy thread hatin on Walsh again.". LOL!
"Got to have Kiya now!" a popular old song

The salary cap being lowered this season hurts, especially if the leagues revenue dont rise this upcoming season we may see another drop in the salary-cap as much as 5.2% the season after.
The Knicks are in a big city where their revenue is always high no-matter a win or lose season.
But the double year drop in the leagues salary-cap is like your car getting a double flat one mile from your house.
So close but yet so far.

The top teams I see going after the top 2010 FA market.
Although, things could change if teams start trading their 2010 expiring contract players this regular season.

1) With D.Wade looking like he is recruiting 2010 FA, Miami may become one of the teams the top 2010 FA's may look toward first. Even with an unknown headcoach.

2) The Portland Trailblazzers young-core rotation look like they would welcome a veteran 2010 star FA to their team.

3) Chicago Bulls D.Rose & unknown headcoach Del Negro like the idea of having a 3-4 playoff record their first year in the NBA, so their second season in the league the two will do their damnest to repeat or do better to draw the attention of a 2010 FA.

4) The New Jersey Nets has one of the brightest respected Presidents in Rod Thorn whom looks like him and G.M. Kiki Vandeweigh are being sneaky putting together a well rounded group of young-core players (Big & Small), with an unexpected decent season Thorn will go after two of the 2010 star FA.