Dirk in 2010?

NYKNICKS4LIFE

Benchwarmer
In the recent list of free agents for 2010

it mentions a PF/C in Dirk Nowitzki available

what are your thoughts?

I ll put him at Center and rain Threes ALL DAY!

JayJ44

Starter
Uhh, no thanks. I'd rather have Lebron, Wade, Bosh, and a lot of other players then Dirk. He's a soft, jump-shooting 7 footer. How's that gonna help our interior defense?

SpursFan4Life

Benchwarmer
Uhh, no thanks. I'd rather have Lebron, Wade, Bosh, and a lot of other players then Dirk. He's a soft, jump-shooting 7 footer. How's that gonna help our interior defense?

He's really good at standing there doing nothing. That should help...oh wait.

NYKNICKS4LIFE

Benchwarmer
So, KG or Dirk?

Garnett's versatility is beyond reproach. By the time he hangs it up he will not be the best big man ever to play the game, but he may well be the best all-around big. Right now he is No. 1 in the NBA in efficiency, which measures all statistical categories. The fact that he gets 22.7 points and 12.6 rebounds is impressive enough, but he also gets 4.3 assists, 1.67 blocks and 1.3 steals.

Nowitzki, not nearly as nimble-footed, can't begin to match the blocks (0.86) or the steals (0.7). He is not a defensive stalwart. The question is whether his offense pushes him past Garnett. Nowitzki is averaging 25.4 points on 50 percent shooting, 9.6 rebounds and 3.5 assists. He is a much more accurate marksman than Garnett, and, further, much more dangerous since he shoots almost 43 percent from three-point range. Garnett is practically a nullity from the arc (8-of-44 for the season).

"Here's what I consider to be the difference between them," says one head coach. "Garnett will wear you down the whole game and you'll be reminded every minute of how good he is. But in the end, Dirk will be the one to beat you. Right now, he's the most dangerous offensive player in the league, and I'm including Kobe Bryant in that."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ett/index.html

Paul1355

All Star

He can give you 20 points and 10 rebounds and play some D. An all star.

JayJ44

Starter
He can give you 20 points and 10 rebounds and play some D. An all star.

At best, he's an average defender and that's being generous. 10 rebounds is not a big deal for a 7 footer (I wish some would tell that to Eddy Curry). There's a problem with the way he gets his points. He shouldn't be on the outside shooting 3's. What's the point of having a 7 footer that only shoots? He's a solid player, but he is so overrated.

portega1968

El Cacique
At best, he's an average defender and that's being generous. 10 rebounds is not a big deal for a 7 footer (I wish some would tell that to Eddy Curry). There's a problem with the way he gets his points. He shouldn't be on the outside shooting 3's. What's the point of having a 7 footer that only shoots? He's a solid player, but he is so overrated.

NO to Dirk... yes to Chris Bosh!!!!

C - Chris Bosh
PF - Wilson Chandler
SF - Danilo Gallinari
SG - Joe Johnson
PG - Nate Robinson

Bench:

David Lee
Mardy Collins

Ah, ok, Lebron James is the target, sorry

It'll be tough for Donnie to get us under the cap... he's gonna have to get rid of every other player on this roster, which may require dealing one of the young guns to make it happen.

Pedro De Pacas

Benchwarmer
Please not...when you're living in Germany, anything you hear, see or read about the Nba starts with Nowitzki....it's really annoying...

LJ4ptplay

Starter
We have Gallo. I'm not saying Gallo is definitely going to be an All-Star, but their games are very similar. We don't need Dirk.

Paul1355

All Star
NO to Dirk... yes to Chris Bosh!!!!

C - Chris Bosh
PF - Wilson Chandler
SF - Danilo Gallinari
SG - Joe Johnson
PG - Nate Robinson

Bench:

David Lee
Mardy Collins

Ah, ok, Lebron James is the target, sorry

It'll be tough for Donnie to get us under the cap... he's gonna have to get rid of every other player on this roster, which may require dealing one of the young guns to make it happen.

I like that lineup...are we going to be able to afford or even get Joe Johnson and Bosh in 2010? Little chance we get both, even one of them. No one knows what all stars will be a solid lock to go in the free agency this early. So much can happen in 2 years. Lebron, Wade, and Bosh are what we are hoping is on the market.

pat

Starter
What's the point of having a 7 footer that only shoots? He's a solid player, but he is so overrated.

To draw out a big defender. This allows you to slash to the basket more often. If they keep their big interior defender inside, Dirk is going to punish them from the outside. But I am also against this trade because Dirk has been in the league since he was 18 and he is going to be 32 in 2010. His feet will be beyond repair by then. He would have been a good fit for the Lakers to give Kobe some room, but not for us.

Last edited:

rady

Administrator
Staff member
off topic
@pat, awesome video in the sig dude, barack still owns it haha can't wait to see the dilated peoples at the end of november! :peace:

pat

Starter
off topic
@pat, awesome video in the sig dude, barack still owns it haha can't wait to see the dilated peoples at the end of november! :peace:

Just a little reply to Schwarzenegger asking Obama to work out more. Haha.
Unbelievable he, who f*%ked up his heart with all the 'roids is asking Obama "to put some meat on those scrawny bones." Ridiculous.